How to make it so you can fail a race?

8 replies to this topic
404 Error-User Not Found
  • 404 Error-User Not Found

Rage Quit Extraordinaire

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

Hello! I've been really into making races with DYOM lately, and I was wondering if there was some way (ANY way) that I can make  so that you can fail the mission if the other racers pass the finish line before you. I read somewhere that you couldn't, but the topic was about DYOM 6, not 8, so I was wondering if now there's any way to do that? Any help is appreciated!

ProDX34
  • ProDX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Simply put an explosive barrel or a missile box object in a finish line with an actor set "must survive" in near of it, you can play some missions of mine if you want to know more.

Life with Full Speed

• 404 Error-User Not Found likes this

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

ProDX34 is right, but there is another alternative if you do not want to get explosion at the end and to lesser the chance that your rival's car wrecked before the finish line. Same as ProDX34 but not using expl.barrel (obj 116). I use an actor at the finish line that must be survive, put him at the center of last finish checkpoint and ad an object to their feet (use box) but put the z cord only shows a little part of the object so that actor can not move. Make a route that go straigh into that actor but put a wall / car / invisible barrier (obj 42) behind him, that actor will dead (hp 100). And select the finish line objective to hide the actor after the player touch the last checkpoint. That is it.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Also, if you want it more realistic, i once was making race mission with bikes on mountain chiliad for my mission-pack Countryside Rules (unreleased), i set actors must survive and sniper guy in grass so he would take him out more quietly than explosion.

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/showtut/86

;)

ProDX34
  • ProDX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Those above could also be possible to make you fail when you lose the race, but take a note about nandack's way, sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't since most actors are "always" drive avoiding the actor with a "must survive" status, so generally you cannot lose the race even the opponents hit the finish line due avoiding the actor. So if you want make a race mission with nandack's way, you must put the actor in the finish line carefully.

About A98's way, i guess it's also work with only in any kind of bike race, and still effective but depending the reaction of actor (sniper guy)

I ever use this method before but the weakness is you must make a race with stable routes which without makin' a driver totalled and make the race failed when middle on the race, so that's why i'm using my own method to my series since it's more effective and "nearly" realistic. :p

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:19 AM

I ever use this method before but the weakness is you must make a race with stable routes which without makin' a driver totalled and make the race failed when middle on the race, so that's why i'm using my own method to my series since it's more effective and "nearly" realistic. :p

Yeah, I know. This tutorial is a little out-dated. It was uploaded a year ago. But it got approved recently.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

or how about setting the racers to enemy and must survive and making a friendly actor with minigun to destroy their car once they're there.

404 Error-User Not Found
  • 404 Error-User Not Found

Rage Quit Extraordinaire

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:57 AM

Wow, this topic exploded while I was gone. Thanks for the help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users