Quantcast

» «
Photo

$100 for an "Infinite Money" card, would you!?

108 replies to this topic
AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Hiii PoWeReD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Nope im sticking by what i said in another post. Im NEVER spending real money on fake currency. And if it infinite then it just defeats the purpose of playing and it practically hands everything on a silver platter which would get boring fast.
  • LoonySpangles and Co3r4_5h4rK like this

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Nope im sticking by what i said in another post. Im NEVER spending real money on fake currency. And if it infinite then it just defeats the purpose of playing and it practically hands everything on a silver platter which would get boring fast.

What a good dose of common sense. Shame more people can't see beyond their own greed.

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

hell yeah.

YA BOY DIRT
  • YA BOY DIRT

feeding the streets since 1885

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:44 AM Edited by DirtSPP, 10 July 2014 - 10:46 AM.

What a good dose of common sense. Shame more people can't see beyond their own greed.

Greed is wanting everything without giving anything in return. To say that everyone who would buy this is a greedy lowlife who has no common sense is nonsense. Rockstar has time and time again proved that even the smallest item in the game can run you an insulting amount of cash ($35,000 for a mask? Really?) That's two sessions of Rooftop Rumble right there, for an item that doesn't even load correctly on your face every time. 

During the billionaire days and Glitchmas, free roam servers were a LOT more active than they ever were now; 4 Buzzards battling 5 tanks like they didn't have a care in the world, missions were actually enjoyable knowing you were able to restock ammo without a care, races with fully tuned Entitys and Adders, and playing/trolling with friends was fun because we could blow each other up, or set bounties, or call Merryweather, you name it, without worrying. I have work and school taking up most of my time in the week. I got the game in November of last year and I'm still only level 56. I know people with two characters who have both in the 3 digits already. Whenever I log on to GTAO it's the same lobbies every time. Annoying kids riding Chradders with their annoying kid friends, the two or three high level idiots spawn killing everyone, the noob just trying to play, and the one glitcher duping cars. Everywhere you go it's 'grind this, grind that, 'sum1 host rr for me pls' or whatever.

At least with the idea that money would never run out I could finally have fun playing the game. I know, I know, "but dirt you already can have fun" No. No one plays the game for "fun" anymore, it's all about the grind, maaaaan. The caaaaash. Jobs won't disappear, races won't disappear, it's not like people are gonna suddenly up and just stop playing because they have all the money int he world. 

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Would you pay $100 for an "Infinite Money" card!?

Screw a poll, let me know by sounding off.

Edit: By the way... I would NOT buy this with how easy it is to make $

601858b.jpg

The Megalodon card is $99.99 and gives you GTAO $8,000,000...perhaps you mean $500 for unlimited money in GTA Online...

...and no, either way

no because with 100 dollars i could buy 100 quarter pounders from mcdonalds

They are $3.79 apiece, not $1.00

Who would spent $100 real money for 8 mil fake money ?

I'm serious I want to know who buys these things ? they wouldn't sell them if they didn't think people would buy em

Leggera
  • Leggera

Le driver

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'm serious I want to know who buys these things ? they wouldn't sell them if they didn't think people would buy em

Some guy named Sebastian i think.

henryborked
  • henryborked

Hostile take-over!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

As long as Adderlegys can still be sold for 740k these are infinite-money days, on par with the billionaire days as far as I'm concerned. One of those a day and you can set bounties, explode sh*t like crazy, call airstrikes and whatever all day long. Regardless; f*ck microtransactions.

IRace
  • IRace

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

We don't play this game for free.  As much as we like to think we do, playing this game means that we miss out on the opportunity to make real money doing something else in the real world.  No matter how old you are.  For the tons of people who were grinding missions like RR and coveted over and over and over again, was it really that fun doing that?  You were paying real money for that time spent.  Why?  Because for all those hours out doing those missions over again like zombies just to provide you with some buffer cash for the next update, you could have been washing/waxing a car, cutting the grass, etc for real tangible payment.  Wash and wax with tire shine is a $60 payment you receive for 1 hour of your time, using soap that costs you $4 a gallon, tire shine at $4 a 32oz bottle, and a 16oz tub of wax that you can put on in full sunlight for $18 that will last you 80 cars.  Tack on another $10 for towels and there you go, your investment is already seeing returns on the first job you do. 

See, cash cards opens up the concept of opportunity costs.  Because by not grinding those missions like zombies and pretending you were having fun, you were making a sh*t ton more money in the real world that you could cheaply transfer over into the game to buy way more than you could of by grinding, that also is available to use in the real world.  It's not like I can transfer out this fake money that I spent hours grinding into real cash, but the hours I spent my time on was real time that could have been spent doing something more profitable. 

Rooftop Rumble at $18,500 is paying you out a maximum of $500,000 an hour.  Or you could go wax someone's car for an hour, make $3,500,000 in GTA money and still have $10 left for whatever.  You decide what your time is worth to you.  Because playing this game isn't free. 

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

I would. Even though I had to give the Take Two CEO a blowjob daily, I'd even let him penetrate me if necessary. I'd do anything to get my damn Zentorno back.
  • Lilliex1 and YA BOY DIRT like this

Orra
  • Orra

The Mother f*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Megalodoon cash card is already 100 bucks.

Reemer
  • Reemer

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Sure, if it carries over to PS4. And that they continue to release over-priced items to the game.

March 10th
  • March 10th

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Money glitch, money glitch, money glitch,money glitch,money glitch,money glitch.

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

No. I have always had enough money to play as I'm a saver not a spender and have a very low turnover of cars. In fact, I wish I could give money to my friends instead of them buying cards.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Yeah probs.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

I think infinite money is a bit too much, you'd be paying for your own boredom. 

However, I might be tempted to pay for regular income, say $1 million per RL week, that'd be nice.

A $100 though? (£50/60) Nope. 

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

no.com

Sparky McWonderpants
  • Sparky McWonderpants

Peon

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yes, i would....seeing that $100 currently nets you $8M, I doubt that this is even a twinkle in Rockstar's eye.

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Weather

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

I doubt R* would ever do this, considering their long term plans for GTA Online, but the prices of shark cards are definitely too high.  I'd totally buy a shark card, but for $100, it would have to be for at least 25-30 million in game, if not $50m. 

YA BOY DIRT
  • YA BOY DIRT

feeding the streets since 1885

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

I doubt R* would ever do this, considering their long term plans for GTA Online, but the prices of shark cards are definitely too high.  I'd totally buy a shark card, but for $100, it would have to be for at least 25-30 million in game, if not $50m. 

That's my current beef with the Cards. If their in-game prices were multiple of their IRL prices, I wouldn't mind grabbing one. i.e $10 nets you a million bucks, $20 for 2 million, so on. If they really want people to buy Cards then this would speed up their plans for world domination.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users