Goodbye pogo [goodbye sentimental objects]

77 replies to this topic
LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

After special crate hunting all day today and bouncing around a massive number of lobbies I came to the realization that most of the douchiest players online wear the pogo mask which is so sad for me as I personally love it.

My animal sign is a monkey as I'm born in 92 and growing up my favourite toy that I owned was a monkey with a cigar in his mouth so the mask is really sentimental to me but today I realized it's up there with chrome cars and supers with white walls in that the players that wear them are prepubescent assholes.

I'm definitely gonna miss my mask but I'll still use it from time to time while robbing stores/doing heists (if they ever come out) or on days when I go on deathmatch rampages but as a regular use item I'm saying goodbye to it.

This led me to think everyone has had something in the game that they love but won't use for one reason or another so let me hear it! What items and what's the reason you had to say goodbye?

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:50 PM Edited by CrazyDog150, 07 July 2014 - 10:51 PM.

Your point?Just because some Kids are wearing it because of Lui Calibre..
You bought the game,you can do whatever the f*ck you want.I'm looking forward to wearing Pogo,I like the looks of it :)

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

So wear the mask and change the standard, man.

f*ck all that noise. Be different from the rest, and all that good stuff. 

• MilezDawg, Target13, YogurtStorm and 5 others like this

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Got tired of getting shot on site haha, not being pogo has decreased that by 50% at the least

aquahaze2
  • aquahaze2

Lost Grove Mafia leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

The Dubsta, bought it without thinking then realized it was to mainstream

Makes me think how I would feel if they realised a biker DLC.....
  • blackwolfred likes this

Officer Cop
  • Officer Cop

Always helpful

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Vulture mask with black cowboy hat FTW
  • blackwolfred likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 07 July 2014 - 11:03 PM.

Got tired of getting shot on site haha, not being pogo has decreased that by 50% at the least

In all honesty, I have friends who wear them a lot, even tho they are not kids or squeakers lol. I didn't realize that they had such a bad reputation until I read this forum tho -.-

I shoot on site so it's not that big of a deal to me, but after reading it, I did feel like more of a target being around them lol.

iLikeDrivinInMyTruck
  • iLikeDrivinInMyTruck

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Who cares about being "mainstream" do what you like dude. Drive/wear what you like, not what other people aren't...
  • ugotsmoked, BitPieStudios, -Velox and 2 others like this

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Zentorno, adder, entity and formerly turismo although I'll drive the turismo now as I don't see it as often anymore. Everyone and their mother drives one of these four, and although I own them all I rarely drive any of them cause I hate coming across douches that drive the same car I do. If I take out a super nowadays it's usually either my infernus or bullet.

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Who cares about being "mainstream" do what you like dude. Drive/wear what you like, not what other people aren't...

It's not about that whatsoever, I'm definitely not like that and my garage full of super/sport proves that lmao but it's just the way other players react I you, at first I didn't get why everyone wanted a war with me but today I realized it's the mask lmao

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

#pogo4life

• LoA-Phantom likes this

AllDay808HI
  • AllDay808HI

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Continue to use the Pogo mask. No one can stop you. Honestly, if I were you, try to change the reputation of it. Maybe it can convince other players (if they were mature enough) that everyone with that mask aren't such douchebags.

I tried something similar back when tanks were OP and everyone used it. Normally, people with tanks attack you on site. Not me. I kill those who disturb the peace within the lobby (hence my member title). I never killed for fun. I actually convinced a handful of lobbies (with the help of some friends as well) that not all tank operators are "fa**ots who can't fight without their tanks and have to grief because they suck at shooting their gun" (I've heard someone call a guy that).

All I'm saying is that with a little determination, you can change the perspective on players and then continue to sport your favorite mask.
  • BitPieStudios, RoyalRedXIII and AtiradorBobby like this

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Goodbye Gauntlet, my old friend. Hello Blade.
  • 8up local likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

0_0.jpg

Rescue the kitten from that tree with your banana cannon, pogo!

Of the masks available online originally, pogo was my favourite. I've been a pogo fan since the radio adverts in 3. So when I finally hit 100 it wasn't the RPG I was excited about... I only interact with crew except in missions, so I haven't seen the supposed reaction to the mask. I guess a few people were worried when I showed up for RR looking like this, but I only fired my RPG at someone once...and he'd killed me with his helicopter blades first...

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

I'll still use the pogo mask, nothing can change my mind about that but I'll only use it if I'm looking for a war, nothing could actually completely stop me from using it

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

Yeah man ditch the pogo! Don't you wanna be like everyone else :p?

Lol no. Just wear what you gonna wear. I prefer the fox mask myself tho. It's waaayyyy classier. :^:

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

I shoot on site 

Why? Why do you shoot on site?

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

I shoot on site

That's somethin you learn from experience. Can't trust these noobs, can't trust these trolls lol.

mollipop
  • mollipop

You f*ckerrrrrrrr

• Members
  • Liberia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

You made the right decision. I commend you. I made it a habit to bounty hunt anyone wearing that mask in a lobby. It's true that every monkey masked freak I've encountered is a complete asshole

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

So wear the mask and change the standard, man.

f*ck all that noise. Be different from the rest, and all that good stuff. 

problem.

when people who have subconsiously connected the pogo mask to screaming children who have no business playing grand theft auto at all and are always the first to shoot ( starting to think that for general animal masks too) people have started to shoot on site and not stop until the child leaves.

me being one of them.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

After special crate hunting all day today and bouncing around a massive number of lobbies I came to the realization that most of the douchiest players online wear the pogo mask which is so sad for me as I personally love it.

My animal sign is a monkey as I'm born in 92 and growing up my favourite toy that I owned was a monkey with a cigar in his mouth so the mask is really sentimental to me but today I realized it's up there with chrome cars and supers with white walls in that the players that wear them are prepubescent assholes.

I'm definitely gonna miss my mask but I'll still use it from time to time while robbing stores/doing heists (if they ever come out) or on days when I go on deathmatch rampages but as a regular use item I'm saying goodbye to it.

This led me to think everyone has had something in the game that they love but won't use for one reason or another so let me hear it! What items and what's the reason you had to say goodbye?

If it looks like a monkey or any other animal, SHOOT IT !!

Los Santos rule number 1 lol

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

I shoot on site

That's somethin you learn from experience. Can't trust these noobs, can't trust these trolls lol.

You're no different to trolls and griefers. Good God I despise people who shoot on site, it's no surprise you like the Pogo mask either.

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

I shoot on site

You're no different to trolls and griefers. Good God I despise people who shoot on site, it's no surprise you like the Pogo mask either.

he isnt different if he shoots then scoots.

kill the guy who rolled up on you, and then run like hell. self defense 101.

now....if you were to say...text them first. seeing if they wanna do stuff, thats fine. ive also learned that just rolling up on someone with the horn blaring with a little wiggle in the front wheels works too.

its been done a few times within range of my scope and ive even had it done to me.

come to think of it, we have a surrender emote now. why not just walk up to them with that? jazz hands works too.. hmmm ~chinscratch~ after a nap imma try this  8D

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:44 PM Edited by MrManBuz, 07 July 2014 - 11:45 PM.

he isnt different if he shoots then scoots.

kill the guy who rolled up on you, and then run like hell. self defense 101.

now....if you were to say...text them first. seeing if they wanna do stuff, thats fine. ive also learned that just rolling up on someone with the horn blaring with a little wiggle in the front wheels works too.

its been done a few times within range of my scope and ive even had it done to me.

come to think of it, we have a surrender emote now. why not just walk up to them with that? jazz hands works too.. hmmm ~chinscratch~ after a nap imma try this  8D

You'll get shot before you even get out of the car, don't waste your time. "Shoot on site", get the hint?

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

I shoot on site

Lol excuse me??? And your no different than those that like to make baseless judgements. You don't anything about how I play. So lemme enlighten you on a little reasoning here real quick:

Why why some one approach me in free roam when I'm off minding my bidness, hm? This question is not rhetorical. I'm expecting an answer because I'm going somewhere with this.

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

Lol excuse me??? And your no different than those that like to make baseless judgements. You don't anything about how I play. So lemme enlighten you on a little reasoning here real quick:

Why why some one approach me in free roam when I'm off minding my bidness, hm? This question is not rhetorical. I'm expecting an answer because I'm going somewhere with this.

The game is about interacting with other players. Last time I checked you can't interact with players while you're alone.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

The game is about interacting with other players. Last time I checked you can't interact with players while you're alone.

1.) you didn't directly answer my question. So lemme be more specific. What do you think they are most likely coming to do?

2.) lol there you go making more assumptions. Never said I was alone. My crew might be off at the docks while I'm somewhere else in the session.

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:50 PM Edited by LoA-Phantom, 07 July 2014 - 11:54 PM.

Shooting on site makes you an asshole, end of conversation, now if the other player kills you/tries to run you over/aims at you then it's death time for them

I know I'm good so I like to let other players decide if they wanna be my friend and a possible recruit to my crew or if they want to be griefed till they hate this game
  • MrManBuz and Delta India Echo like this

AllDay808HI
  • AllDay808HI

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Queue the disgonbegood.gif!

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

1.) you didn't directly answer my question. So lemme be more specific. What do you think they are most likely coming to do?

2.) lol there you go making more assumptions. Never said I was alone. My crew might be off at the docks while I'm somewhere else in the session.

1.)That depends on their mental state. If they're red, I pull out my gun but I won't turn hostile unless they start it.

2.) And saying "minding my own business" would reasonably imply you're own your own, if you were with your crew you should have said that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users