Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you buy sharkcards, if they were 50% off?

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy a sharkcard, if they were 50% off? (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy a sharkcard, if they were 50% off? (One vote)

1. Yes. I wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity. (45 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. No. I will never buy a sharkcard (47 votes [40.17%])

Percentage of vote: 40.17%

3. I will buy them regardless. (9 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. I don't care. This topic is stupid. (16 votes [13.68%])

Percentage of vote: 13.68%

If you bought one because of a sale, how much would you spend?

1. 0>$20USD (81 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. $20USD-$50USD (25 votes [21.37%])

Percentage of vote: 21.37%

3. $50USD-$100USD (5 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

4. $100USD< (6 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote
thehomelessclown1
  • thehomelessclown1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Just curious, if Rockstar had a sale on the sharkcards, whether or not people would purchase them. If so would you spend more or not? 

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

Right now with xbox live rewards you can get 10-20% off (depending on how much you spend)

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Would I buy shark cards if they were 99.99% off? Hmm, nope.

• Heists and TheLastSkill3r like this

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Dewbauchee CEO

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

No I wouldn't buy shark cards as it's easy to make money in this game when playing with friends.

Glockinmypocket
  • Glockinmypocket

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

I would buy the 8,000,000 card for 50$, 100$ is just outrageous. 

I still, like on every shark card thread, think there should be an "Infinite Money" card, I would pay 100$ for that. 

RagunCajin
  • RagunCajin

Go f*ck yourself.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Possibly. I don't know the price of each card but 50% sounds like a great deal.   I will never understand why people are so vehement against cash cards.

• Bozzah and thehomelessclown1 like this

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Maybe
Those prices sound like a sweet ass deal compared to what they are now.
  • Bozzah likes this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Tribute Video
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Parody Film

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

They were 25% off some time before the Hipster update on PSN. I bought a $10 one for $7.50. Just because I saw they were on sale, I had wanted a Monroe for my second character and it was right after exams so I thought "hey, treat yo'self"

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

Possibly. I don't know the price of each card but 50% sounds like a great deal.   I will never understand why people are so vehement against cash cards

And people with this mentality are the reason why companies get away with this exploitative sickening business model. The game is catered around the incentive to purchase the easy way out. With every update the missions that make the most money are being made harder to try and lower the amount of money people make, again all revolving around people getting shark cards. It's not some conspiracy, it's there in plain sight.

• EyeHeartGuts, iliev77, Awesom-0 and 1 other like this

Gingy Eastwood
  • Gingy Eastwood

I Don't Take The sh*ts, I Just Disturb Them.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

Possibly. I don't know the price of each card but 50% sounds like a great deal.   I will never understand why people are so vehement against cash cards

And people with this mentality are the reason why companies get away with this exploitative sickening business model. The game is catered around the incentive to purchase the easy way out. With every update the missions that make the most money are being made harder to try and lower the amount of money people make, again all revolving around people getting shark cards. It's not some conspiracy, it's there in plain sight.

I mean I'm just guessing here, but they could also be doing that so that it forces people to explore other options to make money, not just grinding? Such as... Doing a playlist with a bunch of friends, actually enjoying yourself. Yeah, money's sweet but in all honesty, this isn't a con for us to buy shark cards. In fact, the only time shark cards are every mentioned, are on the radio and maybe ads around LS. I've never seen an article for an update that said "remember to get your shark cards!" Or after they change up a mission, I never read anything that said, "you can still buy sharkcards to get money!" You people avoid shark cards like the plague, and blame R* for having them in the first place, but I honestly don't think they NEED our money, they got millions of dollars from us, they don't NEED more. There are ways of making money, besides grinding Coveted, Rooftop Rumble, Potshot, etc. maybe R* wants you all to enjoy your time with your friends and crew members, not some strangers that go AFC while you get from A to B for $18k.

end rant

• ~TKP~ and RagunCajin like this

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

lol no one went for the $100

• thehomelessclown1 likes this

Turkish Turketarian
  • Turkish Turketarian

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

No, I will never buy shark cards, regardless of the price. Earning money is just too easy when you have friends to play with. I have pretty much everything in this game that I want and still have 3 million. Have no idea what I'm going to spend my money on as it is, need more stuff to buy.
  • iliev77, MatthewH and RoyalRedXIII like this

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:41 PM Edited by TomKongPhooey, 07 July 2014 - 06:42 PM.

It might be in plain sight and it might be wrong morally etc but the fact remains bud that some of us don't got time to grind or play missions and race etc. I get an hour or 2 a night. It's always prime time with the pals and when with the pals we freeroam and find fun things to do. If I didnt buy the odd cash card here and there I would have no way to buy a monster truck or a roosvelt etc when they show up in a dlc. What is so wrong with having options and alternatives to cater to varying gamers?

I get oodles of fun out of this game so much so that I'm more than happy to throw a few quid R*'s way when there is something i can't afford but I know would increase my gaming experience. During these times cash card's are the key. In fact I get so much fun out of this game that I'll be buying it again on PS4 even if my character etc wasnt carried over. No game since the last GTA has gave me so many happy gaming hours.

• thehomelessclown1, G24xRETURNS, MatthewH and 1 other like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Possibly. I don't know the price of each card but 50% sounds like a great deal.   I will never understand why people are so vehement against cash cards.

Cause people can't seem to wrap their head around the idea of spending real money for virtual money.

All though, in essence, if you buy a cash card in order to purchase the Update Content items using these virtual dollars, that essentially THE SAME AS BUYING DLC ITEMS.

Think about it like this: if you are playing Street Fighter or Red Dead or whatever, and you buy DLC costumes from your online store, then that's paying real money for virtual content. What rockstar does is just offer content typically sold as DLC thru their updates, and gives you a chance to buy the "virtual dollars" in order to use them to get the items.

But in all fairness tho, the other reason people don't buy them is cause of those OUTRAGEOUS F**KIN EXCHANGE RATES lol.

"You mean $20 won't even get me a million? Screw that I'll go grind Rooftop Rumble"
  • MatthewH likes this

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

I will NEVER spend real currency on pixel currency.
  • Mr. Crowley likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by Bozzah, 07 July 2014 - 06:45 PM.

I wouldn't do it because I already have most of the stuff... oh and because I'm quite broke

If I had ANY extra job, I wouldn't care buying a 10$ or 20$ cash card. Saves a lot of time and I played most of the missions too many times... 

• ~TKP~ likes this

Supreme Gentlemen
  • Supreme Gentlemen

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Exactly, was is this? FarmVile?

• Mr. Crowley likes this

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

I mean I'm just guessing here, but they could also be doing that so that it forces people to explore other options to make money, not just grinding? Such as... Doing a playlist with a bunch of friends, actually enjoying yourself. Yeah, money's sweet but in all honesty, this isn't a con for us to buy shark cards. In fact, the only time shark cards are every mentioned, are on the radio and maybe ads around LS. I've never seen an article for an update that said "remember to get your shark cards!" Or after they change up a mission, I never read anything that said, "you can still buy sharkcards to get money!" You people avoid shark cards like the plague, and blame R* for having them in the first place, but I honestly don't think they NEED our money, they got millions of dollars from us, they don't NEED more. There are ways of making money, besides grinding Coveted, Rooftop Rumble, Potshot, etc. maybe R* wants you all to enjoy your time with your friends and crew members, not some strangers that go AFC while you get from A to B for $18k.

end rant

Of course they "NEED" our money, they're a corporation, or do you not realise that? If they made a trillion from GTA V it wouldn't be enough. Their sole goal is to squeeze every cent they can out of you. Cash cards and micro-transactions for in-game currency plays on human impulsiveness and the urge to take the quick and easy way out. 

And why the hell would I play other missions when I'll spend more than I'll earn?

• EyeHeartGuts and iliev77 like this

deadly-deed
  • deadly-deed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:48 PM Edited by deadly-deed, 07 July 2014 - 06:48 PM.

$10 real dollars is still a rip off for $1,000,000 fake dollars.

I rather rebuy Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare. That was well worth the money compared to this cash card scam.

Yesterday alone I made 600k grinding missions which is very boring but in the end its worth it. I'm PLAYING the game to EARN money.

Gingy Eastwood
  • Gingy Eastwood

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Of course they "NEED" our money, they're a corporation, or do you not realise that? If they made a trillion from GTA V it wouldn't be enough. Their sole goal is to squeeze every cent they can out of you. Cash cards and micro-transactions for in-game currency plays on human impulsiveness and the urge to take the quick and easy way out. 

And why the hell would I play other missions when I'll spend more than I'll earn?

Jeeeeesus, you really are one of them conspiracy theorists. Here, take my advice. Go gather a few friends, play that Indepence Day playlist, and thank me later. You'll be making MORE money, and having MORE fun. That's basically what I'm trying to get at here. R* has been pretty good with the updates as they come out, and instead of thanking of them for giving us this stuff, we turn around and bitch and moan about the fact we need to PAY for it. Oh no sweetheart, well what would you said if we had to but the dlc for $10-$20? No more complaining, now is there?

Holligan UK
  • Holligan UK

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

I voted 'yes' bought some in the past and will continue to buy with or without discount.

I know its a con (what isnt these days gas bills,car insurance,petrol etc etc...)cause GTAO is far from free2play,but the odd tenner here and there is nothing.Theres worse things I could be wasting my money on (COD springs too mind ;) ) plus I work full-time.earn good money so why not splash out on something I enjoy.

• ~TKP~ likes this

MatthewH
  • MatthewH

Dewbauchee CEO

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Cause people can't seem to wrap their head around the idea of spending real money for virtual money.

All though, in essence, if you buy a cash card in order to purchase the Update Content items using these virtual dollars, that essentially THE SAME AS BUYING DLC ITEMS.

Think about it like this: if you are playing Street Fighter or Red Dead or whatever, and you buy DLC costumes from your online store, then that's paying real money for virtual content. What rockstar does is just offer content typically sold as DLC thru their updates, and gives you a chance to buy the "virtual dollars" in order to use them to get the items.

But in all fairness tho, the other reason people don't buy them is cause of those OUTRAGEOUS F**KIN EXCHANGE RATES lol.

"You mean $20 won't even get me a million? Screw that I'll go grind Rooftop Rumble"

Some people like cash cards and some don't. RoyalRed's post above makes a very good point though in respect on buying cash cards is pretty much the same as buying DLC items. Just imagine if R* suddenly announced that they were removing cash cards but they were then going to charge for every DLC update. I dare say that a lot more people would be moaning about that then the current people moaning about cash cards.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 07 July 2014 - 06:59 PM.

This is understandable, but you already spent real money buying a virtual game as it is... Entertainment is entertainment lol

I wouldn't do it because I already have most of the stuff... oh and because I'm quite broke
If I had ANY extra job, I wouldn't care buying a 10$ or 20$ cash card. Saves a lot of time and I played most of the missions too many times...

I feel for your struggle.

$10 real dollars is still a rip off for $1,000,000 fake dollars.
I rather rebuy Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare. That was well worth the money compared to this cash card scam.
Yesterday alone I made 600k grinding missions which is very boring but in the end its worth it. I'm PLAYING the game to EARN money.

Excellent point there -.- some stuff IS just worth more than others when you look at it. Clearly buying an expansion pack or add-on story content like they had for GTA IV is more valuable than just a couple of t-shirts and a new gun. Lol

I guess that's why Rockstar adds all of these items thru updates instead of offering them as DLC purchases. They must be saving options like that for the really good stuff.

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Jeeeeesus, you really are one of them conspiracy theorists. 

You're joking right? I seriously hope you're joking and you're not that ignorant to how the world works.

• GrandMaster Smith, EyeHeartGuts and iliev77 like this

deadly-deed
  • deadly-deed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Some people like cash cards and some don't. RoyalRed's post above makes a very good point though in respect on buying cash cards is pretty much the same as buying DLC items. Just imagine if R* suddenly announced that they were removing cash cards but they were then going to charge for every DLC update. I dare say that a lot more people would be moaning about that then the current people moaning about cash cards.

If Rockstar does that they would already worsen their reputation with this game and drive even more fans away. I wouldn't mind though cause most of the updates are garbage.

I would of mostly like only of gotten the High Life Update and that's it. It's the update you can own more than one property and the one that released the best super car.
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

Gingy Eastwood
  • Gingy Eastwood

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

You're joking right? I seriously hope you're joking and you're not that ignorant to how the world works.

Yes, MrManBuz, I am joking. But seriously, some people are making this cash card sh*t a lot worse than it actually is. If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But I'm pretty sure the main reason they f*cked up the missions is so we can get out and explore other things, other races and death matches, etc. I could be wrong, but it is a viable conclusion.

• MatthewH likes this

dhuyd
  • dhuyd

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

It doesn't have to be on sale. If I wanted to buy one, I'd buy one.  Personally, it takes the rewarding feeling out of the game. For all the game's number of ranks, and all their varieties of potential in game purchases, R* really doesn't have all that much that I'd want to buy.  Right now I'm saving for the $1,750,000 military helicopter with guns, and the $1,500,000 tank.  After that, there's not really much else that comes to mind. I might buy a second property with a 10 car garage, but I can't think of enough vehicles that I'd really want to really make use of it.  Maybe that will change.  I do enjoy the game.  I just need to wait until so much desirable content is available, with such a high price tag that I can either grind for possibly a year, or purchase some of it for that instant gratification.  :beerhat:

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

8 million for £35 is not too bad so I might. 

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Yes, MrManBuz, I am joking. But seriously, some people are making this cash card sh*t a lot worse than it actually is. If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But I'm pretty sure the main reason they f*cked up the missions is so we can get out and explore other things, other races and death matches, etc. I could be wrong, but it is a viable conclusion.

Take the tinted glasses off man. If they wanted to give us incentive to play other thing that's exactly what they'd do, not discourage people from playing the same few missions. Notice a fundamental difference between the two?

Forager
  • Forager

No Count A$$hole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Money isn't an issue to me, but time is. I have a wife, two children (grown, but still need dad's help quite often), two dogs, a home and a full-time job. I'm lucky to get five to seven hours per week of gaming time, and I'm not going to waste it grinding RR. I'll buy Shark Cards when I need 'em, and I don't give a rip if y'all think I'm ruining it for you.

Besides, I can easily drop $100 in less than ten minutes at my local Indian casino. Compared to that "entertainment," GTAV is cheap!

• s1xty7, ~TKP~, thehomelessclown1 and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users