Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there a possibility of seeing Carcer City a future GTA?

9 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

As the thread title implies, is there a possibility of seeing Carcer City in a future GTA game? There was another thread about it the other night, but it got locked. However, sans all the flaming, it was a good topic for discussion. Will we be able to see Carcer City in a future GTA game or will it constantly be referenced and never seen?

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

Tromboning

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Seeing as Rockstar is re imagining the 3D Era cities to a greater potential, they are bound to redo Carcer City as well. Once LV, SF, and VC have their HD treatment I believe that R* will move onto different cities to fit into the GTA universe. For Carcer, I can't say. If R* is planning on a new Manhunt in a HD Carcer, then most likely not, but if R* decides to parody, say, Detroit, then I could see Carcer being a setting for a GTA game. But hey, what do I know?

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Seeing as Rockstar is re imagining the 3D Era cities to a greater potential, they are bound to redo Carcer City as well. Once LV, SF, and VC have their HD treatment I believe that R* will move onto different cities to fit into the GTA universe. For Carcer, I can't say. If R* is planning on a new Manhunt in a HD Carcer, then most likely not, but if R* decides to parody, say, Detroit, then I could see Carcer being a setting for a GTA game. But hey, what do I know?

I feel the same once. Once they get done with doing the original GTA cities, Carcer City seems like the next step if they wanted to do a new city, and it since it was never specified exactly what city it's based on in Manhunt, they could pretty much base it on anything now. My money would be on Chicago or Detroit, or maybe Philadelphia.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

If we will see 1, it will be in the far future. After GTA VI's release, because we can safely say that GTA VI will proabably take place in the last main city: Vice City. 

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:46 PM Edited by toxluv, 08 July 2014 - 12:04 AM.

I loved Manhunt and its setting, I think it would be very great to see Carcer City in future GTAs, it has a lot to offer. However, I don't think Rockstar will make a GTA set only in Carcer City, but when they'll release a new GTA set in Liberty City, I'm pretty sure they'll put them together. In fact, GTAIV was originally meant to be set in both Liberty City and Carcer City along with the Carraways.

If GTAVI will be set in Vice City, I'd also like to see Cottonmouth (the setting of Manhunt 2) as the secondary city.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:03 PM Edited by Tony., 08 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

I loved Manhunt and its setting, I think it would be very great to see Carcer City in future GTAs, it has a lot to offer. However, I don't think Rockstar will make a GTA set only in Carcer City, but when they'll release a new GTA set in Liberty City, I'm pretty sure they'll put them together. In fact, GTAIV was originally meant to be set in both Liberty City and Carcer City along with the Carraways.

If GTAVI will be set in Vice City, I'd also like to see Cottonmouth (the setting of Manhunt 2) as the secondary city.

I don't remember hearing anything about IV originally having Carcer City as well as Liberty City. I do know that they wanted to do a state, and it may have included the Carraways, but they never mentioned Carcer City.

Since Manhunt 2 was in the south and seemed a bit tropical in some places (palm trees and whatnot), Cottonmouth would be good if they did a state based on Florida, it could probably fill in for Tampa. Rockstar said they got inspiration from Atlanta, Charleston, New Orleans, and other cities in the south, but it's not based on anyone in particular, so if they were to use it as a location, it'd look nothing like it did in the game and would probably just have a few small references to it (unless they did a GTA in New Orleans, the red light district in MH2 resembled the French Quarter in New Orleans).

ViceCityBestGame
  • ViceCityBestGame

I Don't Give A F*ck and A member of the Grand Wizards

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

No.

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:42 PM Edited by toxluv, 08 July 2014 - 09:02 PM.

I was reading the Beta releases on GTA.Wikia.com, and at some point it says that "the setting of the game was originally going to be Liberty State, rather than just Liberty City, and it would have included countryside surrounding Liberty City, mountains based on the Adirondacks and Catskills, and possibly the Carraways. The article mentioned that there were three cities. First is Liberty City, next is possibly the Carraways and the last could be Carcer City mentioned as "nearby"". GTA.Wikia.com also states that Carcer City is possibly located within the State of Liberty.

I know this could be pretty vague, but some pedestrians can be seen wearing "Carcer City Unicorns" clothing, this sports team isn't featured in Manhunt. Plus, one of the statistics you are able to view in GTAIV is "Distance Travelled", under this statistic it is possible to achieve "Liberty City to Carcer City" as the distance travelled. This is achieved fairly early into the game, no more than a few game hours, this further indicates that Carcer City is right next to Liberty City.

All of the things aforementioned couldn't mean anything, but I still believe that Rockstar was planning to feature Carcer City in the early development of GTAIV. Anyway, I really hope to see Carcer City in a future GTA game set in the State of Liberty.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:22 AM Edited by Dope_0110, 10 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

Why do some people think that Rockstar is set on a mission to rebuild every 3D era city before they move on to something else? They are not bound by such trivialities. The only reason we are more likely to get another game set in a previously visited city is the fact that they've covered all the ''big ones'' when it comes to the cities. NY and LA are a given, then there's LV as a unique and flashy city, as well as an iconic 80s Miami. So there aren't many other USA cities that are as unique as those are, and that's why we get them again and again. But, at the same time they've basically overused NY and LA, while present day Miami isn't as iconic.. so it's either LV, or a fresh setting for the next one.

Washington, Detroit, Chicago etc.. could be a good setting and if they happen to create a story that fits those cities, then we'll get something new. As for Carcer.. one can only hope, just like with any other less unique location.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Why do some people think that Rockstar is set on a mission to rebuild every 3D era city before they move on to something else? They are not bound by such trivialities. The only reason we are more likely to get another game set in a previously visited city is the fact that they've covered all the ''big ones'' when it comes to the cities. NY and LA are a given, then there's LV as a unique and flashy city, as well as an iconic 80s Miami. So there aren't many other USA cities that are as unique as those are, and that's why we get them again and again. But, at the same time they've basically overused NY and LA, while present day Miami isn't as iconic.. so it's either LV, or a fresh setting for the next one.

Washington, Detroit, Chicago etc.. could be a good setting and if they happen to create a story that fits those cities, then we'll get something new. As for Carcer.. one can only hope, just like with any other less unique location.

You completely ignor the possibility to San Fierro, why? Is it the same excuse that everyone else uses about it "being sh*tty in San Andreas"? Because I can assure you that the SF depiction in SA definitley doesn't represent real world San Francisco.

OT: I say f*ck Vice City as the next setting. I don't want it, way too predictable for Rockstar to pull on us. I say either 70's San Fierro next or a new setting, preferable Boston or Dallas. I wouldn't mind Carcer city, but I think its appearance should stay exclusive to Manhunt.

Off topic though: Why does everybody assume that the events of Manhunt only take place in the 3D universe? It's the exact same as people assuming Bully only happens in the HD universe. If anything it's safest to assume that Manhunt and Bully take place in both the 3D and HD universes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users