Sheelamariner
  • Sheelamariner

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

Hi,

Good Morning Everybody,

Lets start a day with this interesting discussion...

Who's is your Role Model or motivator and Why?

• Palikari likes this

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

I don't have a role model but I motivate my self to do everything. Since with out my dad around that often and my mom not around at home, I gotta do everything my self. I would do all the chores needed, go to school ( despite being late every morning ), study my ass off, and watch after my sister. But yea I gotta motivate my self to do better since ik ill payoff in the long run and I can see my self somewhere good in the future.
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

I don't have a role model but I motivate my self to do everything. Since with out my dad around that often and my mom not around at home, I gotta do everything my self. I would do all the chores needed, go to school ( despite being late every morning ), study my ass off, and watch after my sister. But yea I gotta motivate my self to do better since ik ill payoff in the long run and I can see my self somewhere good in the future.

I'm kinda in the same situation. I don't have a sister to take care of, and I can't be arsed to give a f*ck about studying in the middle of summer, but I do all the sh*t myself here at home. The only motivation I have is my imagination.

• THE GHETTO JEZUS likes this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Good Morning.

I guess my parents, I don't really see them as perfect role models but there's no one else. What motivates me is wanting have my own house one day. So I try hard to get a job.

/////AMG
  • /////AMG

In it to win it

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Good evening.

The (handsome) guy in the mirror.
  • Palikari likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Good Afternoon

My dad was a pretty big role model for me. He was the dude I looked up to and strived to be and now I'm pretty much just like him, all from my views on the world to music tastes. Super groovy cool.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Isaac Brock and Cr1tikal.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

I have an aunt that I don't see to often, and I often find myself thinking about what she'd do whenever I'm in a tight spot. She always gets things done and takes no bullsh*t about it! :happy: My mom too, who also looked up to her sister, but I never knew my mom as well.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

I wouldn't say I really have one. But I do look up to my uncle. He has made it himself and wasn't given the best hand in life, but he became a successful lawyer in NYC and loves his family.

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:43 AM Edited by Palikari, 08 July 2014 - 12:44 AM.

I don't have a role model, but there's someone I strongly admire.

His name is Yitzhak Pundak, he's 101 (born 1913) and was appointed Major General last year. Pundak commanded the southern front during the War of Independence (1948). After the war, he commanded the Nahal Brigade, in 1953 was appointed to command the Armored Corps, and fought the Sinai War (1956). In 1971 Pundak was called back to military service by then-Defense Minister Moshe Dayan (Z"L), and was appointed Governor of the Gaza region at the rank of Brigadier General.

Also, Pundak administrated the Arad Regional Council from June 1962.  In 1965, the Israeli government decided to create a local council in Arad and Pundak was made its first head. He was replaced after an election in 1966. Pundak received his first senior diplomatic point in November 1965, when he was made the Israeli ambassador to Tanzania. He later served as head of the Jewish Agency's delegation to Argentina at the height of the Dirty War, after which he retired from all public posts.

I strongly admire him. He helped to establish our Nation, he fought all Israel's wars; in fact, he was 35 when the War of Independence took place. He was also governor, ambassador... What a great man! I'm sure he has a lot of amazing stories to tell from the wars, his life... I'd love to listen those stories.

Some old pictures, taken from the IDF Archive:

12002-20130827140737847.jpg
Yitzhak Pundak in 1971

12002-20130827140452269.jpg
Yitzhak Pundak (left) with David Ben-Gurion in May 1956

12002-20130827141715097.jpg
Pundak, third from right, with, from right: Eli Zeira, Yitzhak Rabin, Binyamin Jibli, Moshe Dayan and Zvi Zamir

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

Non-conformist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

I don't say I really have a traditional role model, but more so people that inspire and motivate me. To name just a few:

Eddie Vedder (Musician)

John Frusciante (Musician)

Jimi Hendrix (Musician)

Christopher McCandless (Hiker)

Jack Tatum (Former NFL player)

Kenny Stabler (Former NFL player)

Eden Ahbez (The first hippie)

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

My father..  simple as that.  It's not just that I loved him, he was a respectable and well liked person with a lot of character and made friends with everybody.. but what he wasn't was a sucker, and I learned a lot from him while he was around.   I would be a liar if I said he didn't have his faults but so do I..

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

Bill Gates, not a fan of Microsoft or anything related to it, but that guy is the reason that even though I quit school, I still see some hope in making something good out of it if I try my hardest.

He also has shown me that not everyone with millions are greedy, if I ever get the chance to make a lot of money, I wouldn't use it all on myself. 

Hell, the money I earn now is rarely used on myself.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

My grandpa. He's had such a great successful life in every single way. He's been through some very hard times. He had a rough childhood and wasn't very accepted by his family and his peers, plus he was bullied cause he didn't speak English very well as a kid. He's been through losing a few of his own children tragically, dealing with his crazy drug addict son threatening to kill the whole family if he didn't get his money (my uncle who's in prison now), and most recently losing his wife of 64 years just 6 months ago (Rest in peace grandma). But he's also had a very successful life despite all that. How he could go from being in a very poor family as a child to being a happy old grandfather with a huge loving family and a great story to tell...wow I look up to him. He's one of the strongest people I know. I wanna be like him

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users