Quantcast

» «
Photo

From a larger garage to a smaller garage.

32 replies to this topic
Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:09 AM Edited by Muirenn, 07 July 2014 - 02:09 AM.

Decided to move to lovely Paleto Bay, yeeeyyy~! But it wasn't without it's own consequences...

Anyone else who has made the move, have you... Lost vehicles you shouldn't have lost? As in... Had a 10 vehicle garage, with 6 vehicles in it, moved to a 6 vehicle garage, lost 4 of those vehicles.

tl;dr feels

SimpleJack_420
  • SimpleJack_420

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

Decided to move to lovely Paleto Bay, yeeeyyy~! But it wasn't without it's own consequences...

Anyone else who has made the move, have you... Lost vehicles you shouldn't have lost? As in... Had a 10 vehicle garage, with 6 vehicles in it, moved to a 6 vehicle garage, lost 4 of those vehicles.

tl;dr feels

Yes. Happened to me when I bought the house in the hills. It said I could only hold 6 and would lose access to some of my cars If I continued my purchase. So I moved 4 of my 10 cars to my second garage at the airport, leaving ONLY 6 cars in more first garage. So after everything was moved to its rightful places, I went forth with my purchase. After entering my new place, 2 of my six cars were gone? My Zantorno and Vacca. Im guess writing to R* will do little to no justice.

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

I have only 5 cars, so I've moved with no problem  :devil:

Cripto136
  • Cripto136

Alpha Team

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [Reporting]

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

I think it depends on which slots you have your vehicles in when moving out of the garage. They are suppose to be on slots 1-6 but I'm not sure how well that works out.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Do not click the red button

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

Look at my about me page for the car slots in each type of garage. If you switch from a 10 to a 6, you lose cars in slots 7, 8, 9, and 10. Sux4u

jimmyjohn
  • jimmyjohn

vote for pedro

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

oh wow that sucks

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

it moves them by what slot they are in. If you leave cars in slots 7-10 they dont move. to get them back you have to purchase another 10 car garage. move them to slots 1-6 then move back lol

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

Just put your 4 crappiest vehicles in slots 7-10 before making the change.

• Bombshock likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

Just put your 4 crappiest vehicles in slots 7-10 before making the change.

Or sell them if they are modded. The most logical solution.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by Muirenn, 07 July 2014 - 02:59 AM.

it moves them by what slot they are in.

I think it depends on which slots you have your vehicles in

Oh, that makes sense.

I lost about... Eh, a million and a half, two at the most, in the transfer? I have more than enough to get back which vehicles I wanted to keep, but it's still too bad that the system isn't smart enough for this to not be a problem.

Ah, well. That's for the replies.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

I think it depends on which slots you have your vehicles in when moving out of the garage. They are suppose to be on slots 1-6 but I'm not sure how well that works out.

happen to me last night.

only had 6 cars in my 10 car, but when I "moved" only slots 1-4 transferred. I lost 2 motorcycles that were in slots 7 & 8.

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

Just buy a 10 car garage and the vehicles come back, move them to the right slots and then buy the house again, you'll only lose around 200k
  • SAUL_SILVER likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

Hey at least you learned that before buying anything, check with the forums here as they could save you confusion.
If it weren't for GTA Forums, I would have also went from 10 car to 6 car and panicked about losing my investments. But thankfully I read about the situation here and did my research and followed the best strategy for myself which was to sell four cars I was planning on selling anyways and with that money and playing over the weekend, I earned 750K......hence dropping 740K on the Liberator was easy for me. No regrets whatsoever as my original bank account is still the same it was before the weekend event.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

it moves them by what slot they are in. If you leave cars in slots 7-10 they dont move. to get them back you have to purchase another 10 car garage. move them to slots 1-6 then move back lol

Just buy a 10 car garage and the vehicles come back, move them to the right slots and then buy the house again, you'll only lose around 200k

RIght, I'll give that a go next time I'm on.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

Does anyone ever bother to ask how this works before doing it? People used to, back when we only had one property...someone would decide to downsize and make a topic before doing so, people would share their knowledge, stress was avoided....

I'm not angry at OP in particular, but this has come up several times a day this week.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:04 AM

Does anyone ever bother to ask how this works before doing it? People used to, back when we only had one property...someone would decide to downsize and make a topic before doing so, people would share their knowledge, stress was avoided....

I'm not angry at OP in particular, but this has come up several times a day this week.

This.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

I was f*cked.

I move from a 10 car garage, with only 6 cars and 2 bike left

when I moved

I can only see 4 cars with 2 EMPTY slot, and 1 bike

but when I get a 10 car garage again, all cars are back.

so be careful on this 

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

Does anyone ever bother to ask how this works before doing it?

Didn't feel there was a reason to ask.

Want to move to a smaller garage, have the appropriate amount of vehicles to fit in that garage, vehicles are then moved to that garage. Seemed like it should have been simple enough.

But, it didn't work that way. It's my fault for assuming the system had some thought put into it. I should have known better than to trust Rockstar's design skills.

No stress, just curiosity.

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

Incidentally, the missing cars can still be used for racing. So if you have 4 race only vehicles, putting them in slots 7-10 is viable.

• blk95ta likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

tl;dr feels

i only lost the vehicles i wanted to lose. ie i moved a hearse, felon, huntley, and super diamond into slots 7-10 in the apartment i was moving from. I only kept the hearse cause it's a non spawning car and the other 3 i only use in races. i can still race with them (and the hearse) so it wasn't a big loss going from the 10 car to the 6 car. i'm hoping at some point we'll get 10 car mansions though so i can upgrade to a mansion in the hills instead of just the 6 car house up there.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

move back to a 10 car garage and get your cars back. worked for me

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

tl;dr feels

Yes. Happened to me when I bought the house in the hills. It said I could only hold 6 and would lose access to some of my cars If I continued my purchase. So I moved 4 of my 10 cars to my second garage at the airport, leaving ONLY 6 cars in more first garage. So after everything was moved to its rightful places, I went forth with my purchase. After entering my new place, 2 of my six cars were gone? My Zantorno and Vacca. Im guess writing to R* will do little to no justice.

Actually, rock star have been really good in my experience with sorting out little things like this. Open a ticket, you might be surprised.

Heffe707
  • Heffe707

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

I lost two cars when moving to a six car garage from a ten car garage when I only had six cars to move. Apparently they were in the wrong spots so it didn't transfer them over how I thought it would. Had to buy the cheapest 10 car garage to get them back and then I organized the cars 1-6 and bought the house again and everything was fine.

That being said, this update not only brought me the most fun I've had playing GTAO since i first got it, blasting people with fireworks or trampling them with a monster truck, I actually got paid to downgrade my garage. Selling of my high end apartment covered the house with money left over. Not to mention the cars I sold that I wasn't using anymore. It was a win all the way around, having extra cash and weeding out the cars I never drive anymore.

wangsparkinglot
  • wangsparkinglot

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

Happened to me lost around 200k dicking around with buying a 10 car garage back then buying again.. trap for young players :( 

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

I guess if you downgrade your garages you need to sell the 4 cars that you would lose!... Or it's a waste of gta$$$

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

sell the cars you dont want first, that way you earn money, look at the 45minute wait as "moving" or play matches during the wait....i don't get the rush, you save loosing what you don't want to loose and earn more money

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

I literally downsized, sold anything of high value that I had and wasn't going to use, then moved two cars into my Sandy Shores property and kept ten in the city centre.

Definitely living the hick dream though, got an open top Manana and a Picador parked up in Sandy Shores.. ideal vehicles for the locale..

I completely deleted my 2nd character and created a new one who lives in Paleto Bay and has the six car garage on route 68, they were lucky enough to find both a Nemesis and a Phoenix, so they were kept, other than that it's wilderness style with a selection of Bobcat, Rancher XL, Bison, plus a couple of classics with a Tornado convertible and a Manana..

Thing is, I'm actually seriously not missing much of what I've lost and I generally drive with my vernacular vehicles when out in the sticks.. there's little if any need for speed, and I'm sure my Picador is far more useful driving around winding mountain roads then my Zentorno would ever be.. :D

• RowanSane likes this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

tl;dr feels

Your own fault for not using the vehicle movement tool before you moved.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

oh well I lost my character at almost 600 hours in, haven't played in a month I guess, bit of sp here and there.  Lost maybe 15 cars, tens of millions of dollars(30 million spent, all stats legit)..been too lazy to contact telephone support but at some point I am going to give them an earful.

Losing a car would give me a ton of motivation, losing everything, not so much.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Your own fault

Pretty sure I established that already. Trying to boost your own feels, or did you just not read?

You so silly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users