The fun vs realism debate

35 replies to this topic
Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

I think its about the atmosphere and characterization. Vice City and IV had a great story and believable characters and so the player gets in the mood easily. In San Andreas the story is too stretched and feels disjointed. GTA V feels like its trying too hard to be "crazy" (f*cking Trevor) and fun while selling short because of HD era realism somehow...the game feels like a confused project. Perhaps R* tried to make everyone happy, and failed, because greed. 

I still like them all, except VCS, LCS and CTW, I really don't see the appeal guys. The games were released because they knew you'd buy them. The story and characterization of the games was lazy and boring.

And to the guys saying VCS had the perfect mix...the property development missions were boring/repetitive and the last mission was ridiculous and aimed towards the drooling idiot.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

I think its about the atmosphere and characterization. Vice City and IV had a great story and believable characters and so the player gets in the mood easily. In San Andreas the story is too stretched and feels disjointed. GTA V feels like its trying too hard to be "crazy" (f*cking Trevor) and fun while selling short because of HD era realism somehow...the game feels like a confused project. Perhaps R* tried to make everyone happy, and failed, because greed. 

I still like them all, except VCS, LCS and CTW, I really don't see the appeal guys. The games were released because they knew you'd buy them. The story and characterization of the games was lazy and boring.

And to the guys saying VCS had the perfect mix...the property development missions were boring/repetitive and the last mission was ridiculous and aimed towards the drooling idiot.

They weren't anymore boring than the asset missions in GTA VC, SA, or LCS, or gang wars in SA.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by bikerman3, 05 August 2014 - 03:48 PM.

i think it more realism vs over the top then fun i mean 4 was some what of a realistic game and i had some fun just walking down the side walk 

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Gta 4 had realism and it was a lot of fun.

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

I agree, and we've lost some realism in GTA V. I can't stand that cars are almost unbreakable in V.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

^yeah when I first played v i was annoyed by the car damage whats the point of putting armor on cars if they barely get damaged
  • the ironic one likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users