Quantcast

» «
Photo

Auto-Invite and Play constantly spamming pop-up windows

19 replies to this topic
Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

This has been an issue and a host's nightmare since GTA:O launched.

You know when you host a match and you constantly keep getting window pop-ups to invite friends who don't even have the game running?

What was Rockstar thinking... Did they honestly believe people would launch the game and go through the whole game launching loading process to enter a job? Everyone else from the lobby would be gone by then.

Now, the feature is completely useless imo and those windows usually pop up every 10 seconds. I keep getting barraged by them as I'm trying to reset the timer, check/send messages or attend a text chat. 

By turning Auto-Invite off it goes away but that stops people from joining. And people will eventually exit the lobby if there isn't a constant flow of new players. 

I've been meaning to make a thread regarding this for months now.

Should we inform Rockstar of removing this feature, anyone else find it extremely annoying?

• TheBhoys2011 and tonko like this

levi447
  • levi447

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

Ahh, so auto-invite has been the one? Well thats just bull on R* part as I thought it was my PS3 acting up as it is piece of sh*t and don't play discs anymore unless I tilt upon popping in a disc. But now that we know what possibly causes it, could turning auto-invite off as soon as one invite message pops up and reactivate auto invite and just turn it on and off every say min to combat the issue for now? Because this happens pretty much everytime I host a match.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

The windows will keep popping up as long as Auto-Invite is on

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 07 July 2014 - 02:20 AM.

This has been an issue and a host's nightmare since GTA:O launched.

You know when you host a match and you constantly keep getting window pop-ups to invite friends who don't even have the game running?

What was Rockstar thinking... Did they honestly believe people would launch the game and go through the whole game launching loading process to enter a job? Everyone else from the lobby would be gone by then.

Now, the feature is completely useless imo and those windows usually pop up every 10 seconds. I keep getting barraged by them as I'm trying to reset the timer, check/send messages or attend a text chat. 

By turning Auto-Invite off it goes away but that stops people from joining. And people will eventually exit the lobby if there isn't a constant flow of new players. 

I've been meaning to make a thread regarding this for months now.

Should we inform Rockstar of removing this feature, anyone else find it extremely annoying?

It's not a feature. It's a bug lol.

It happens when someone from your friends list who was in the last job with you logs off the game (or freezes, same difference). For whatever reason the game doesn't recognize they left like it does when anybody else logs off from your friends list or someone from your last job who isn't on your friends list

You can turn auto-invite off and it shouldnt make any difference, until someone accepts an invite and joins OR someone new joins the session you are still connected to, then you want to turn it back on so that it polls the newcomer's friend/crew lists and/or sends an invite to the newcomer to your free-roam session (I rarely get people joining from the free-roam session I am in anyway)...at which point the XMB pop-up will come back immediately as the auto-invite goes through the "all from last job" option pretty quickly.

But yes, submit a ticket. I will do the same.

• Zorvaine likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

I don't believe I have ever seen these popups your referring to. I have had zero problems with auto-invite either being the invite sender or the receiver.

• cloudfuel likes this

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

I don't believe I have ever seen these popups your referring to. I have had zero problems with auto-invite either being the invite sender or the receiver.

You are on Xbox aren't you?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

Yes, is it a PS3 thing?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Haeveeh Musheenguhn!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:28 PM Edited by luisniko, 07 July 2014 - 01:29 PM.

*Beep

Yoloswagplayer

Rooftop Rumble

We know the FIB are....

Join

Are you sure?

Yes

*Camera goes up to the cloud

*Loading icon is rolling

*Black screen

Player is no longer in session

Joining a new GTA Online session

*Middle finger raised.

Press OK

*Back to session

*Beep

Yoloswagplayer

Rooftop Rumble

We know the FIB are....

Join

Are you sure?

Yes

*Loading icon is rolling

*Black screen

*Middle finger raised - again

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

*Beep

Yoloswagplayer
Rooftop Rumble
We know the FIB are....

Join
Are you sure?
Yes

*Loading icon is rolling

*Black screen

*Middle finger raised.

Press OK

*Back to session

*Beep

Yoloswagplayer
Rooftop Rumble
We know the FIB are....

Join
Are you sure?
Yes

*Loading icon is rolling

*Black screen

*Middle finger raised - again

I do get those invites. I have found that most of the time I get the no longer in session message when the lobby in question has entered the ready screen where your choosing cars/weapons etc. At these screens you can not join and you can not spectate. I also find that you will recieve "late" invites when you are comming out of a job or switching sessions...I always ignore the ones already popping up imediately upon loading in.

However, the OP is refering to getting popups from his freinds that come online asking him to invite THEM as he is the host and setting up the lobby...unless I am misunderstanding something I have no idea what these popups are...never seen the like.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

I got no issues with this either. Auto invite has always worked the same be it a bit rubbish with not inviting everyone. 

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

I get these all the time exactly the same as Charlie explained, not really a big deal for me unless it makes me miss resetting the lobby timer, pain in the arse yes, but it's one of the quirks of GTAO matchmaking, theres a lot more quirks that irritate more .....

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Well nitty is PS3 and Bunny is Xbox so I am getting the feeling this is a console specific issue. Are these in game popups or console generated messages? I get console messages stating when friends come online and when they start playing GTA...but nothing regarding matchmaking.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Well nitty is PS3 and Bunny is Xbox so I am getting the feeling this is a console specific issue. Are these in game popups or console generated messages? I get console messages stating when friends come online and when they start playing GTA...but nothing regarding matchmaking.

I spam invites to RR alot and you've never had this issues so maybe so. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

I spam invites to RR alot and you've never had this issues so maybe so. 

Well that is different. When you start auto invite as the host I get one message on my bottom left about the invite. If I ignore it then thats it. If I delete the invite and your still in the lobby it will pop me another one. This is all normal.

What the OP is saying is that you as the host would be getting some sort of popup from me requesting an invite to your job...over and over...which would be quite annoying if I am understanding it corrrectly. Something that must only happen on PS3, since I have never seen it.
  • LambentBunny likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Apparently it's only on PS3. 

Basically, the PSN menu keeps opening and you have to click cancel and then X ''are you sure?'' and it can even happen every 5 seconds so you have to keep spamming 2 buttons the whole time when hosting. 

If you open your PSN menu to send a message to a friend, telling him to join, the pop-up window cancels the message, closes it and keeps on spamming those windows. Sometimes they happen one after the other. It can get very irritating. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

So it is asking you "do you want to invite so-in-so?" That seems very odd and counterintuitive. It automatically invites your freinds on xbox when you select auto invite. It is up to them whether they want to accept.

Very strange that it works that way for you guys.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

Yes, is it a PS3 thing?

tumblr_mpcrsy3KnT1swb8m1o1_500.gif

• TheMckeever likes this

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

So it is asking you "do you want to invite so-in-so?" That seems very odd and counterintuitive. It automatically invites your freinds on xbox when you select auto invite. It is up to them whether they want to accept.

Very strange that it works that way for you guys.

No it functions the same, the problem is in this one specific circumstance it tries to invite someone outside of the game, which we can do manually thru this XMB/PSN/system menu screen. So that screen comes up repeatedly as the auto-invite goes thru its cycle which is anywhere from 10-30 seconds in my experience.

TacoBane
  • TacoBane

Goober and Free Aimer.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

God this thing annoys me also. I will submit a ticket too. BTW handcuff explained it just right. Just spams your recently offline friends every 15- 30 seconds. Gobs Ballsack.

• TheMckeever and RockUltimatum like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:25 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 10 July 2014 - 03:36 PM.

Yeah this is defo up there on the list of things that annoy me the most.

1. Lil Wayne

2. People who like or don't see anything wrong with Lil Wayne

3. People who think I'll enjoy listening to them blast Lil Wayne down the mic

4. GTA not working properly

5. Stubbing my toe.

Lil+wayne.+sh*tty+oc+i+dont+care+about+t

• Zorvaine likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users