Conditions for a crate drop spawning?

13 replies to this topic
A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

" Lie, Cheetah, Steal."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Just asking, cause I haven't seen one since late November.

*Before anyone asks, I've done everything needed to unlock crate drops, so don't bring up "have you got a call from Ron?"

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

Here's what worked for me and how I got my beer hat and t-shirt. Go to an open session with at least 4 people, wait about 15 minutes and make sure there are no HPVs, bank trucks, and regular crates. If you don't see a special crate message within 15-20 minutes, jump to another session or If you do get the message "Special crate drop in 10 hours" get Buzzard and land on top of a tall building somewhere in the middle of the map.

Look around on the map for a green circle that shows where the crate will drop however, if you see players within the circle the the crate will glitch out and no one will get it. If there's no one in the circle just wait until "crate has been dropped message" fly over to it and use the Buzzard auto-locking missiles to kill the AI surrounding it, then swoop down and claim the crate.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

AFAIK "Satellite Communications" is the only prerequisite to having them spawn. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I just hopped around a few free roam lobbies until eventually one came up. Only seen 3 all weekend though. Really wanted that Benedict's hat, too.

MizoreSoup
  • MizoreSoup

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

They spawn in public usually. Don't spawn when your only (thought it does glitch in from time to time)

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

My friends and I played an Invite Only lobby last night. There were 5 of us total and crates spawned every 15 minutes or so.

MizoreSoup
  • MizoreSoup

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

Invites work but with 4+ people
If your alone then gf crates
Get some friends to invite lobby some hats

andreuguerra
  • andreuguerra

Rat

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

0_0.jpg

• madmanaz likes this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:28 AM

I think it's just because of servers or something... Sometimes it works and somtimes it don't...

LPGTAO
  • LPGTAO

hate forums

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

The crates sometimes don't drop even if you're nowhere near the green circle.

NubcakeVII
  • NubcakeVII

Strawberry Fondler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

I went to a crate drop zone last night and waited for like an hour and nothing dropped at all.

It's gotten so bad that I don't even wait at the drop zone anymore. I just wait for it to drop and then race there, hoping that no other players wind up taking it. Of course, some person always gets there first.

How can something so simple as spawning a crate be so f*cked up?
  • saintsrow likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 07 July 2014 - 03:44 AM.

Have you got a call from Ron?

:333

Seriously though, lol people keep bringing up that Satellite Communications mission.  I'd try hosting and completing it, then hanging around in a public lobby for an hour to see if any crates drop. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

I went to a crate drop zone last night and waited for like an hour and nothing dropped at all.

It's gotten so bad that I don't even wait at the drop zone anymore. I just wait for it to drop and then race there, hoping that no other players wind up taking it. Of course, some person always gets there first.

How can something so simple as spawning a crate be so f*cked up?

they never drop if you wait in the drop zone, its a bug, NEVER GO IN OR NEAR THE GREEN CIRCLE, most people never see crates and this is why, some dumbass always goes and stands in the circle and they never show up. game bug.  if you see someone standing in the green circle or join a server with one on the map for longer than 5 minutes go to a new session, that one is bugged.

yea they do, someone just walked into it before you joined the session, and if youre in your garage you wont see it or get the msg till you drive outside.  

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

yea they do, someone just walked into it before you joined the session, and if youre in your garage you wont see it or get the msg till you drive outside.  

Bigfoot walked into it before I joined the session.  :colgate:  He is the only thing more rare than an actual crate drop.   :p

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

Can anyone confirm you need Satellite Communications?

I've never been given that job -- and have never collected a special crate. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users