Quantcast

» «
Photo

1.15 from USB (again!)

Best Answer Citruslounge, 22 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

Ok - final post on this:

After I updated my 360 dashboard to the latest version, my Xbox started seeing all of the title updates.

1.15 was installed, woo hoo! Now if only there were a way to get the vehicles, weapons, missions, clothes, etc offline...

Thank you again for the assistance.

Go to the full post

13 replies to this topic
Citruslounge
  • Citruslounge

Anti-hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

Hello all --

Like someone else in another thread, I have no internet access on my Xbox.

I DID, though, manage to download the 1.15 update onto my PC. What now? After putting it on a FAT32 USB stick, do I have to do anything special to get the console to see/read it?

I have looked high and low around the 'net and found nothing about this; I am hoping that someone here can help.

Thank you all ahead of time for your assistance.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

You are in luck, but unfortunately you went about it the wrong way.

You'll need two things, a USB designed for the 360 (which you may or may not have, I would get rid of the file already on it, then put it in the 360 and save a game on there first just to be safe, so you know the 360 can read it) and a program called Horizon. You will have to find the program yourself on google as I don't think it's allowed to directly link it. The latest version is 2.7.9.3 and must be installed to work.

Okay, so after Horizon is installed and your USB is in your computer, open it in Horizon and you should see this--> http://i.imgur.com/lPl6jam.png

Next, click the Games tab, than the GTA V tab, like this--> http://i.imgur.com/Qdi0oo8.png (You might need a save already on there for this to show up)

After that, right-click on the "Grand Theft Auto V" category thing and you should see "Inject File", like this--> http://i.imgur.com/ZuMLJzz.png

Finally, browse your computer and select the title update file, like this (a game save is pictured but this works for anything, like title updates and DLCs)--> http://i.imgur.com/70z1yc4.png

After that, it will say successful and you can now close the program and take the USB out and put it in your console. Any questions, please ask!

Citruslounge
  • Citruslounge

Anti-hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

Wow, thank you for the quick reply. Got the latest Horizon, and am going to copy a save onto my USB and do as you recommended in your post. If anyone else needs the 1.15 stand-alone update, let me know and I will get it to them. Cheers!

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

Glad I was able to help, report back and let me know if this works for you.

Citruslounge
  • Citruslounge

Anti-hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

Well, only partial success so far. My 360 both saved and read game saves from the USB, and Horizon allowed me to inject the game update onto the USB.

BUT... no game saves (heck, not even the game title itself!) are showing up on Horizon. Under 'Games', all it says is 'no content'... no GTA stuff at all. The title update is showing in its respective section on Horizon, but the 360 isn't seeing it when I insert the drive.

I am mystified, but not yet daunted. I am using just a regular ol' USB drive, not an 360-specific one; could that be the problem, even though it seemed to work in all other respects (transfer speed, capacity, format, etc)? Dashboard updates wouldn't be the culprit would they?

Thank you again for the help... I'll keep trying.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

I would think any USB should work, but I myself only have one made specifically for 360, and it works on that, so I would assume it would work on any USB. 

Did you put an actual save on the USB before doing the above steps? 

Citruslounge
  • Citruslounge

Anti-hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yes, I copied several saves onto the USB. Unfortunately, Horizon didn't see them. I am getting an Xbox-specific drive today, so will try again, and report the (hopefully positive) results.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

Like I said, I have the one made for the 360 and I have no issues with this. Hopefully once you get that USB it works for you too.

Citruslounge
  • Citruslounge

Anti-hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

Ugh.... a stupid question I forgot to ask... to I need to dl/install ALL title updates or just the most recent? Thanks again.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

The most recent title update contains ALL the fixes that are in all the previous title updates.

Citruslounge
  • Citruslounge

Anti-hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Ok... trying it one last time, then I promise I'll let this thread die!   lol

Got some game saves (and profile info) to copy onto USB; Horizon reads it all just fine.

Injected the Title Update on the USB, but the 360 sees it as corrupted. Is that because I don't have the profile/console ID on the update? It's all zeroes, where all other saves and such have numbers. Any way to change it with Horizon or maybe Modio?

Feels like I am close to solving this once and for all... thank you for all the help so far!

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Well to be honest I wouldn't know what could be causing this, if I had to narrow it down it sounds like it has to do with your Title ID reading all zeros, and as you can see in one of the screenshots I provided, my Title ID contains numbers/letters.

The only resolution I can come up with is to put the USB in your console (after you fix the corrupted issue), and start the game like normal, and make a save that way, instead of just transferring a random save. I assume only after you do this will the Title ID become random numbers/letters instead of just reading all zeros. Also, I wouldn't transfer a random profile either from the internet, just make one on the 360.

Citruslounge
  • Citruslounge

Anti-hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:26 AM   Best Answer

Ok - final post on this:

After I updated my 360 dashboard to the latest version, my Xbox started seeing all of the title updates.

1.15 was installed, woo hoo! Now if only there were a way to get the vehicles, weapons, missions, clothes, etc offline...

• chrisscorsese88 and ~Tiger~ like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:30 AM