Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think GTA LCS and VCS will be officially converted to PC?

9 replies to this topic
TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

That's one of my biggest concerns on GTA series. It was like two or three years before. I bought a Playstation 2, and finished both of LCS and VCS. I can say I like the both games, but I've showed a positive remorse towards Vice City Stories. However, later a year or so, I needed to sell my PS 2, actually for nothing (this is one of my biggest mistakes in terms of my player side) to put some money for a new PC (because my old PC was a hunk piece of sh*t), and I did have to buy my new PC a long time after I sold my PS 2. I would buy a new PS 2 with my education loan if I make it back to my hometown, but I dunno...

Anyways, I'd like to see your opinions on that. You think it is possible to see an offical convert of VCS (or let's include LCS as well) to PC? With my all honesty, I'd like to see VC officially on PC because I'm more of a PC player, especially when it comes GTA. There are some dudes doing God's work by modding this golden piece of gaming into PC, I really appreciate what they're doing, but y'know an official thing would be a much bigger grip. Do you think it's possible for VCS? (and LCS, as well, I think we would discuss about it as well under this title) Now, VCS is about eight years old now, I don't see a reason R* would resist on sticking these golden works to consoles, but if there's another more fruitful marketing strategy, I don't know. To be honest, I'm skeptical and downbeat about such a thing.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

Did Rockstar and Sony have some kind of contract together? I always figured that was why we never saw them outside of Sony systems (PS2 and PSP). Next year is the 10th anniversary of LCS, and Rockstar recently registered the "City Stories" trademark, so I feel like they're going to do something. If it's a PC release, it'll be on Steam. Otherwise, it'll just be mobile systems and the Playstation Store like III, VC, and SA were.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

Did Rockstar and Sony have some kind of contract together? I always figured that was why we never saw them outside of Sony systems (PS2 and PSP). Next year is the 10th anniversary of LCS, and Rockstar recently registered the "City Stories" trademark, so I feel like they're going to do something. If it's a PC release, it'll be on Steam. Otherwise, it'll just be mobile systems and the Playstation Store like III, VC, and SA were.

I believe they are already on the PSN Store, but considering they were developed for PSP I see no reason why a Mobile Phone should be easily achievable, hopefully though if it happens they can keep all the VCS Radio stations without having to edit songs out.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

I believe they are already on the PSN Store, but considering they were developed for PSP I see no reason why a Mobile Phone should be easily achievable, hopefully though if it happens they can keep all the VCS Radio stations without having to edit songs out.

Ah, my bad, I never owned a PS3 so I didn't know they were already on there :) A mobile and Steam release would be ideal as long as there's no contract between Rockstar and Sony. VCS had a great soundtrack, too, it's a shame they had to take songs out of VC. Both Michael Jackson songs had to be taken out, probably because the licensing cost too much now that he's dead.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

Yes, the both games were released on Playstation 3 last year. And I've heard about that "City Stories" thing, but didn't ditch it too much. Hopefully, the trademark would come with some happy news. although I'm skeptical about PC, I can see a great possibility for the two games to be gone into mobile versions. 

jimrobbsk5829
  • jimrobbsk5829

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

I doubt it, sadly.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Nope. They were supposed to only bea PSP release, and after their great success there, they decided to make it available for PS2 since the expectations weren't as big for PS2 games, and those versions were still panned by critics for being behind it's time graphically.

So PC never got it as it would look even worse on PC, and regardless of the fact that there are a few of us who don't care about graphics and would only like the game, the fact is most of the market does, and most of the market wouldn't consider buying such a game due to it being technically outdated.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Anything is possible today, then why let the hope die?

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

I would buy them for PC.  I have them for my PS3 already in case my PS2 gets damaged, but the version on PS3 is inferior to PS2 version, so a PC version would be better. And would be inexpensive as well. And you wouldn't need an expensive PC to run it in full specs.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Definently, I loved does 2 games back in 05'/06' days when I was playing them as a kid. I would love to play them now 8 years later, older in a PC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users