» «
Photo

online. multiplayer. no commity though

62 replies to this topic
HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by HalfOfZero, 06 July 2014 - 09:34 PM.

Here's my thing.. I've been playing since the start. I play mostly casually, life tells me I can only get about 10 hours a week online. Right now I have an open race on gta, waiting for people to join. Something has started to hit me though.. the last 6 games started off with a few players, and ended just with myself. In free roam, it's just some people idiling. And this is becoming normal for me. I can't remember the last time I was part of a full lobby, in Free roam or a game. What's up???

Typically in an mmorpg or whatever, people group together and play together. The effort is worth the reward. I don't get that in this game. I've tried different crews, I have my own, right now I'm part of IGN. I thought if I use that it'll attract more people, maybe just like me. Nope.

We can now accept matches with the "on call" option. It's brilliant. I use it. But no one else does really? Why?

Am I doing something wrong? (sarc)
Why doesn't anyone want to play together? I'd love for the same group of players to do some playlists. I have only had that once.

like a lot of games, the thing that brings this game down, is the player base. For several reasons.

It's getting bland because most of my time is spent inviting people to do missions etc, and after 20 mins I do it alone anyway.

The reward isn't worth the effort anymore. Which usually leads to gamers quitting games. C'mon.

(fyi I play ps3. Half-Of-Zero is the username...)

Edit. In the time it took to write this, two players joined my race, then left.
  • saintsrow, WillWorthington3, Lesbian_farts and 1 other like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

commity
  • GroundZero, Claude K6, WesternMotorcycleCo. and 2 others like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by MantisFang, 06 July 2014 - 09:40 PM.

you could exercise your imagination or find another distraction to save you from your desperate situation

• Soran Is On and Jolly Swagman like this

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Perfectly great input guys. I guess a serious discussion is too much to ask these days?
  • WillWorthington3, GroundZero, garyfromscotland and 6 others like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 06 July 2014 - 09:48 PM.

right now I'm part of IGN.

Something leads me to believe that THIS RIGHT HERE is your biggest problem.

Go join yourself a respectable crew and see if that helps any.
  • Shaundi., Tupiz, Claude K6 and 12 others like this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Get a good crew. You thought about all that but never thought to join a group of like minded players. Hell half the people in free roam have open membership to thier crew try a few out see if anyone's worth your time.

Titania
  • Titania

Winky face! ;)

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

It's kinda the consumers and Rockstar's fault that this happens. There's no real reward for doing stuff together.

example:

Payday 2 rewards you more if every member of the crew makes it alive to the escape zone.

GTAO only rewards you a little more if the person is a friend or crew. The missions arent hard to do solo, so what's the point in having a team aside that it goes faster?

There's no point in teamwork in GTAO. That's the problem.
  • WillWorthington3, GroundZero, ninjaontour and 3 others like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

IGN is full of fannies. Join a focused crew who are into the same things as you. There's a recruitment thread in this forum.

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

It's kinda the consumers and Rockstar's fault that this happens. There's no real reward for doing stuff together.

example:

Payday 2 rewards you more if every member of the crew makes it alive to the escape zone.

GTAO only rewards you a little more if the person is a friend or crew. The missions arent hard to do solo, so what's the point in having a team aside that it goes faster?

I think this is a major part of my problem. Everyone joins RR because they k ow if they die they still get 10k or whatever..

About crews, here's the thing. Everyone promises the same sense of "brotherhood" but haven't seen anything that's any more different from anything else on offer lol. "we make sure our members wear a blue t-shirt". That's about it.. or again, maybe I'm missing something.

Another pointid like to say, I'm not even a high lvl character. I'm 59. Do I have the urge to grind to 100? Just to use a rpg and some other my or things? Not really. Even a Vintage Handgun is more successful as a weapon..

Effort -/- reward.

I'm now on Amazon looking to see what other games are available lol.
  • Dooma1090 and Lesbian_farts like this

AllDay808HI
  • AllDay808HI

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

Gamers ruin video games.
  • PoeticWhisper, JayDM420, RAS_ZeroZ and 3 others like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 06 July 2014 - 10:33 PM.

example:

I think this is a major part of my problem. Everyone joins RR because they k ow if they die they still get 10k or whatever..
About crews, here's the thing. Everyone promises the same sense of "brotherhood" but haven't seen anything that's any more different from anything else on offer lol. "we make sure our members wear a blue t-shirt". That's about it.. or again, maybe I'm missing something.
Another pointid like to say, I'm not even a high lvl character. I'm 59. Do I have the urge to grind to 100? Just to use a rpg and some other my or things? Not really. Even a Vintage Handgun is more successful as a weapon..
Effort -/- reward.

1.) lol YES you are definitely missing something. If you don't have a certain criteria in mind for what you are looking to find in a crew, you will end up sorely disappointed with your finds.

I suggest taking a good long look at some of the crews on the rockstar newshire and the social club website. Crews who are actually of some substance get highlighted on their front pages from what I take it. You can also visit crew pages and see what kind of discussions they have.

2.)LMAO lemme me see YOU try to kill an RPG user with your vintage pistol and then tell me it's a more successful weapon :D :D and you don't have to grind to get to 100. Just playing the game naturally will get you there.

3.)well, if you finally decided you are done playing GTAO and wanna seek out another game, good for you :^: that's actually a really healthy decision to make to try something else instead of going insane experiencing the same frustration over and over till you start spouting madness like "IM GONNA BOYCOTT ROCKSTAR".

So I say more power to you :^: it's for the best

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Rock star didn't screw the gamers the gamers screwed the gamers
  • PoeticWhisper, codename_duchess and Thr33X like this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

Rock star didn't screw the gamers the gamers screwed the gamers

So much YES in that comment !!

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:55 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 07 July 2014 - 08:19 AM.

My favorite part about GTA IV's Multiplayer was the Community.

In the months before GTA V's release, their weren't that many people playing GTA IV: Ballad of Gay Tony Multiplayer and most of the people that did play were the same people, which meant you would normally run into the same people very often. It was always nice joining games with people you have previously teamed up with and to play together again.

With GTA Online's audience that contains thousands of 12 year olds, this no longer happens which really makes me miss GTA IV's Multiplayer.

• BatFerYou likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Someone beat me to the punch with the IGN/MP3/G4 crew thing. I was a member of one of them during my first two weeks, nothing rad happened. I joined an active crew that posts daily on the social site, and things got organized. We FIND crews that wanna battle and take over the city. It can be fun. Outside my crew I find people that wanna race clean, and set up silly free roam madness. I joined this site to find more like minded players and it's helped.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 07 July 2014 - 12:10 AM.

Effort -/- reward.

What did you expect? IGN is one of those large mainstream crews usually full of fanboys and COD-type players. Look for smaller and dedicated/active crews where you will be a face instead of a number. You can check the SC site as you already mentioned or try the crew recruitment forum here. You don't really need a crew either, if you have friends. Online is all about having a fun with others, so you won't experience that if you're alone. The game would get quite boring if that was case.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

I didn't see that he said he is looking for other games and that is a GREAT idea. This game has been out for almost a year, if you dont "get it" you won't anytime soon. You were on this site for a while too. I can assume you haven't played ALL of the other GTA's not saying that would make you enjoy this turd anymore, but you would have helped make sense of things.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

From reading your description I am 99% sure you are playing on Free Aim. Free aim lobbies suffer a glitch for some time now where it is hard to find lobbies with normal matchmaking. While I prefer free aim, if I want to play random Jobs I go to auto aim lobbies because those are not glitched. Hope this helps.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

I just want the community's opinion on the Rapid GT's coupe and roadster versions..

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Effort -/- reward.

What did you expect? IGN is one of those large mainstream crews usually full of fanboys and COD-type players. Look for smaller and dedicated/active crews where you will be a face instead of a number. You can check the SC site as you already mentioned or try the crew recruitment forum here. You don't really need a crew either, if you have friends. Online is all about having a fun with others, so you won't experience that if you're alone. The game would get quite boring if that was case.
That last sentence nails it. Right now, it is. As I said, I host a game for 20 minutes and only get a couple of players to join. Then after the match, they bail. No retry or new game. Just bail out. It sucks.

Someone assumed I hadn't played other gta games, that's not true. I've played and enjoyed them all thoroughly. Only titles I haven't played is the silly no tendons ones and Ballard of gay Tony. Had no interest. Still doesn't interest me. I've always played gta games since day one when I was like 9 lol.

I dunno what I will do tbh

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

Prince

• Members
  • Liberia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

Ballard of gay Tony.

Are you on free aim by any chance?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:28 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 07 July 2014 - 08:19 AM.

Ballard of gay Tony.

Are you on free aim by any chance?

No, it's Ballad.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

Dudes played other GTA games, and doesn't know how to enjoy this game... I say he head back to Amazon. He's been on THIS forum since January and HAVEN'T found ONE player on here to do matches with and meet other players? The problem is probably him. I found out on my own IGN wasn't for me when no one responded or had mics. I found a crew by chatting with players that I helped in gun fights, and crap talking bouts, and progressed the relationship along.

Maybe he is in his "Garage all the time" ....   http://gtaforums.com...entry1065406297

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Dudes played other GTA games, and doesn't know how to enjoy this game... I say he head back to Amazon. He's been on THIS forum since January and HAVEN'T found ONE player on here to do matches with and meet other players? The problem is probably him. I found out on my own IGN wasn't for me when no one responded or had mics. I found a crew by chatting with players that I helped in gun fights, and crap talking bouts, and progressed the relationship along.

Maybe he is in his "Garage all the time" ....   http://gtaforums.com...entry1065406297

Look at some of the replies in this thread alone, a lot of players/members on here are just sarcastic assholes. And there are people recommending to look on here for people to play with?
I have been on here since Jan I think, but stalked long before then. I haven't had much of a compelling conversation or discussion with anyone here. Out of ten replies there's always at least seven ridiculously sarcastic or blatently dumb replies.

I put it to you right now though, for anyone reading this. Add me right now, let's play online right now. Let's do it. Show me a better game.. Half-Of-Zero

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:01 AM Edited by saintsrow, 07 July 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Typically in an mmorpg or whatever, people group together and play together. 

In GTA0, people get together and kill each other.  Nothing else to do.   :bored:  All of Rockstar's incentives and stats are biased toward rewards for killing other players.  Not too deep.  Not such a bold new direction.  Unreal Tournament had that pretty well figured out in 1999.  

FertileFuZZ
  • FertileFuZZ

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:58 AM Edited by Cokecan72, 07 July 2014 - 10:59 AM.

Ahhh the old waiting for the lobby to fill thing..

I think it is just one of those things.. I can host a race and no bugger will join, other times it will become nearly full.. Same out in freeroam, i can join and there will maybe just be me and someone else, but i find that if you stay long enough it will slowly fill up...

It can be annoying tho when you trying to host a event you like and no bugger joins.. But hey what can you do about it, not a lot it would seem..

I usually just join a random event (racing) and crack on, then try again later...

I'm use to it now, so it don't bother me as much as it use to,, it's just how this game is and unfortunately you just have to except it..   

• HalfOfZero likes this

Lesbian_farts
  • Lesbian_farts

Plebs!

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

No shortage of players in RooftopRumble even after rockstar f*cked it up just to make people buy cash cards :/ Really Rockstar REALLLLLLLLYY?

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Typically in an mmorpg or whatever, people group together and play together. 

In GTA0, people get together and kill each other.  Nothing else to do.   :bored:  All of Rockstar's incentives and stats are biased toward rewards for killing other players.  Not too deep.  Not such a bold new direction.  Unreal Tournament had that pretty well figured out in 1999.  

there's plenty of things to do in GTA besides boring, generic freeroam shootouts

i've seen the trailers, watched youtube videos, even participated in some off-the-wall shenanigans in freeroam

so, why can't the game be more like what lots of people expected in the trailer, or what they see in some youtube videos?

simple, people are uncreative and boring. too many people are focused either on sh*tty freeroam PvP sessions and glitches, nothing more.

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

I just want the community's opinion on the Rapid GT's coupe and roadster versions..

Start a new thread then. Jesus Christ the things that have to be EXPLAINED to some of you people.
*slap*

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Start a new thread then. Jesus Christ the things that have to be EXPLAINED to some of you people.
*slap*
THEN PEOPLE WILL BE LIKE
"omfg lulz dat car is sh*te"
"y is dis a thread trolololol"
"inb4 lock" (none of my threads have ever been locked)
"-retarded link-"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users