Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you like to feel more threatened by random violence in GTA VI?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: The influence of random violence on protagonists in GTA VI. (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like your protagonists to feel more threatened by random violence in GTA VI?

1. Yes (11 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. No (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:57 PM Edited by browar25, 06 July 2014 - 10:51 PM.

Would you like your protagonists to feel more like a victim in GTA VI?
I really like the idea of 3 protagonists in GTA and I think that there are some untapped opportunities. Let's say that in GTA VI we'll have other 3 protagonists. There will be a guy like Trevor, someone who makes you feel uncomfortable when you look straight into his eyes and a guy (let's name him Mr Tinkiwinki) who doesn't look like a badass. Imagine that your protagonist is in a dark alley and a bunch of troublemakers is going to beat the living crap out of him and take the money. The difference is that when you are playing Trevor the number of troublemakers feeling able to kick his as is 5 and when you are playing Mr Tinkiwinki, 3 opponents is sufficient. I think that it would be nice to make your protagonists feel more threatened by random violence not related with the main or side activities. Just something that may happen to them at any given time, especially when it's dark and they've chosen a bad neighbourhood for a walk.

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

I think the point of GTA is to be the terroist, not the terrorized.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

I wouldn't feel too threatened. After all, it's just a video game.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Well In game using my imagination, yes, but if you are serious, then god no I am not threatened. I an take out the disc and break it, BANG everything gone lol 

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by browar25, 06 July 2014 - 11:13 PM.

I think it's hardly possible that your protagonist may feel something :) But in order to avoid misunderstandings I've changed the question. It should be more clear now. ;) Don't take this "threatened" in the title too literally.

• kipakolonyasi likes this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

Yes... the peds need be more dangerous. OK, there's the Lost to menace Trev if you provoke them. Heck, there's not even the threat of carjacking.

More random street crime please.

jimrobbsk5829
  • jimrobbsk5829

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

No, not really.

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by Gunslinger_GK, 07 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

i'd like to encounter some serious opposition/theats other than the police but the game is not a TPS, the player will always be over-powered. There are still threats in V if you play in free aim, gangs, cops, pumas and sharks can be quite tough... but i don't think you can do much more in an open environment where you can just run-away whenever you want.

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by browar25, 07 July 2014 - 09:58 PM.

I feel like the only predator when I play GTA. I'd like to face some unpredictable acts of violence. Not big things but some minor street violence towards my protagonist. Some muggers looking for easy money and pulling a knife on my protagonist, groups of troublemakers looking for someone to kick his ass. Also, when I have a car accident I would like the other guys to try to kick my protagonist's ass from time to time. These are situations that no one would like to encounter in real life and I think a game is the right place to deal with them. Of course, I'd like my protagonists more likely to face them in places like Bohan in GTA IV, not some well protected districts.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

no! it's unrealistic after all. who in their right mind would mess with a badass motherf*cker like this dude:

mCkEKUP.png

• the ironic one likes this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by browar25, 07 July 2014 - 09:56 PM.

It depends on how much they have drunk ;)

toxluv
  • toxluv

Deprived of lessons, I decided to run away.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by toxluv, 31 August 2014 - 08:15 PM.

What I love in GTA games is that the protagonists are normal persons just like us. They could be both victims and perpetrators depending on how we play, and on how the storyline goes on. Usually, video game protagonists are depicted as strong and unbeatable persons, but what makes GTA games more realistic is that their protagonists have their ups and downs, they just feel more human.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users