Photo

Guide To Obtaining Rare/Expensive Vehicles

19 replies to this topic
DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by DaltonWilliams123, 13 July 2014 - 07:01 PM.

Introduction

Ever seen one of those rare vehicles that cannot be bought that you want? Not got the cash needed to purchase that dream car? Look no further. This thread will guide you in every step needed to obtain the expensive and rare vehicles that you need. This list is not finished, it is always under construction as a method of getting a vehicle may be found. Some people may have seen my Unique Vehicles Quest thread, this is NOT replacing that, just another thread I wanted to start.

Contributing

If you have found a way to get a vehicle that is not on the list or have another way of getting a vehicle that is on the list, please reply with CONTRIBUTION in size 18+ font and underlined so I know that it is important to the thread. Please include a link to a video if you include one as some people may not be able to load the page. Also don't quote long image trails as this also causes bad loading for some people.

The List

Truffade Adder

This car is parked up in a construction site for a cut scene of the mission "I Fought The Law..." given by Devin Weston. To obtain this vehicle, go to the entrance of the construction site but do not go onto the sand as this will trigger the cut scene for the mission. This can be done with projectiles but it is easier with an RPG as you have more control over where the shell is directed. You must aim your RPG/projectile to the left side of the other car (a black Felon) as it will explode against the Felon but the Adder will be shielded from the blast and the mission will be disrupted giving you the chance to get the car (you have to hit the concrete barrier as any other part will explode both cars). Get inside as it will be unlocked and you will have to evade the 2 star wanted level by evasion or LS Customs (you can also take the car to a garage and then evade). This process can be done by all 3 characters as they can all trigger the mission. Multiple Adder's can be retrieved using this method as the scene resets after you move enough distance away.

Ocelot F620

This car is placed in the same location scene as the Adder and can be retrieved by two ways. You can use the pre-mission scare tactic said in the previous paragraph or you can wait until Michael and Trevor retrieve the other two cars and the race back to Devin's garage begins. Although this is a race, you can lag behind, winning doesn't matter. You must go to LS Customs and purchase the mods you want (only need to buy 1 mod and then the car will be safe), you must then fail the mission and then the car will be in the impound and it will be yours.

Entity XF

This car can be retrieved using the second method of the F620 seen above. You must wait until all 3 cars are retrieved after the traffic stop in "I Fought The Law..." and the race begins. You may then take the car to LS Customs and apply a few modification so the game reads the car as owned by you. You then move a safe distance away and fail the mission, the car will then be in the impound lot for you to collect.

Grotti Cheetah

This car is retrieved my the same methods used in the previous entries as they are from the same mission. You must wait until the traffic stop in "I Fought The Law..." so that everyone has got the vehicles. A race will begin so you must switch to the character driving the Cheetah (Trevor) and you will be in control of the car. Take the car to LS Customs and apply a few modifications so the game thinks the car is yours and then fail the mission. The car will be in the impound lot for you to pick up.

Truffade Z-Type

To obtain this car you must do the mission "Eye In The Sky" normally until you have the Z-Type. You must then take it to the airport as requested by Devin/Molly. Once you are there you must get out and wait until the cut scene ends. After the cut scene, shoot the private jet that Devin is in so it fails the mission. Press the do not try again button and you will spawn at the arrivals area of the airport terminal by the road and then on the road the Z-Type will be parked in immaculate condition. Take to your garage and store it.

Canis Merryweather Mesa

There are 2 missions where you can get this vehicle. During "The Wrap Up" you must do the mission up until you have to escape in a vehicle, you can either choose the Merryweather Mesa or a Carbonizziere (which is not changed for the mission). Evade the helicopter and store it. During the mission "Meltdown" these jeeps can be stored and also the mission can be completed. It is best to wait for mercenaries to arrive in Mesa's as the mission might be failed if you go for a Mesa beforehand. Just park into your garage and complete the mission and it will be saved.

Pegassi Vacca

At the starting point of "Meltdown", Michael can get back to the house in a Vacca super car which is parked on the road in clear view. Take to the house and store it and complete the mission. The Vacca doesn't spawn in traffic and can only be bought or found in 1 or 2 houses in Vinewood at certain times. When the Epsilon asks you to retrieve this car, take it back to the Epsilon and go back to its location, a new one will have spawned. During "The Wrap Up" a Vacca is parked in the upper parking lot, you can use it to escape the Merryweather forces.

Pegassi Monroe

At the start of the mission "Pack Man", collect the Monroe but don't take it to the car transporter. Whatever way you like, fail the mission remembering not to go near the transporter with the car. When you retry the mission, take the car to LS Customs and it will be open unlike before. Apply a few mods so the game recognises the car as the players and fail the mission. Go to the car impound and pick up the Monroe.

• Marwin Moody, Militia, chrisscorsese88 and 1 other like this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

120 views, no comments. What is up with this?

• Militia likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Adder is most of the times parked across the street from Vangelico and Ponsonbys (Portola Drive).

• dtsmucker and Militia like this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

I will check that out and add it if it is confirmed. Thanks for the ontribution.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Yeah, the Adder is definitely always spawning near Michael's house, I guess where WildBrick142 has pointed out.  That's where I got mine when I got it back in September.

@Dalton, don't be surprised if you don't get much comments, etc.  A lot of people don't care about this stuff.  Same for the unique/proof vehicles in the past GTA games, particularly GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS.  Imo, the only way to play these games is to do as much as you can in the game, and that also is storing all these kinds of vehicles!

So yeah, thanks for this guide.  I actually never knew how to do any of this stuff.  I don't know much about GTA V tbh and used a Save Editor to basically "cheat" my way to riches and mod anything and store anything, LOL...Getting to 100% is easy, but getting billions of dollars to mod anything you want is the tricky part, etc...

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

Nice guide, I will surely add anything if I find it!

• Militia likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

I am going to try the above methods with the JB 700 stealing mission, will get back to you when I can do that (still getting more Z-Types, got 3 for each character now xD).

• Militia and chrisscorsese88 like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, let me know about that.  It really sucks the guns won't be on it, though.  If someone discovers a way to keep the guns on the JB-700, they are the King of GTA V imo, LOL

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

You are right, everything good in GTA V seems to be mission exclusive but I will try in the morning when I can use my Xbox (over my dads it is).

• Militia and chrisscorsese88 like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

No problem, take your time.  I am planning on doing GTA IV and V over, but first I gotta finish VCS to 100% with a proof vehicle collection.

I already finished GTA III, VC, SA, and LCS and almost VCS over these past 3 months.  I haven't touch V since...

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

I tried with the JB 700 and Monroe and you can't get them from the mission. At least you unlock them for purchase and they aren't that expensive anyway.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

That's a bummer, but yeah, it's no biggie since you can in fact buy it and they aren't THAT expensive.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by fnxrak, 12 July 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Just a small correction on the Truffade Z-type, you do not need to explode the plane, just shoot against it and it will fail the mission, all the other stuff is correct.

The Merryweather Canis Mesas can be obtained in some other missions too "The Third Way" and "Minor turbulence" although on this one it's really hard as it depends on where the mesa falls down and involves the pushing of the wreck to Trevors trailer garage.

The Vacca can also be obtained in one of the missions of the epsilon program where you must get the 5 cars, right after completing the list if you go to the locations where you get the Vacca for the mission a new one will be there, and also in the end of the mission "The Wrap Up" a silver one will be in the upper parking lot next to the entrance of the building.

Now for the Monroe it's possible through this trick

Now possibly this trick will also make possible to get easily the JB700 or the Z-type too.

• Militia likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for that, I will translate the video into a worded format. I will also correct the Z-Type and Vacca entries.

• Militia likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Oooops I forgot about this, there's actually a way to get the Vacca in "Meltdown" with the completion of the mission and even with gold by very quickly take it to the LSC modding it and then quickly getting to the house on a good run you will still have like 20 seconds left but usually I can have it in like 10 to 15 seconds left, the thing is instead of going forward when you first enter the Vacca go down through the intersection in the back off the Vacca and to get gold on the 100% speed of the car just don't crash it during the run to the LSC.

• Militia likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

How did the guy in the video make LS Customs open? Was it that thing with Lamar, getting in and out while blocking the other door?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Sorry I had to go out, the trick resides only on failing the mission at the same part example if you fail the mission in the beginning before getting the monroe into the Packer and then retry the LSC will be open, i that part but otherwise if you finish that segment (taking the monroe to the packer) in the next segment it won't be opened.

• Militia likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Ah, right I get you now. I will add it to the list. I will only add the JB 700 if it is tested with this method as that missions circumstances are much different. Thanks for helping the thread.

• Militia likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

Added the Monroe. Should I add pictures or just a link to them (I want to be slow internet friendly).

• Militia likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

The JB700 is actually obtainable in the mission "Deep Inside" using the same strategy used on this one

I haven't reached that mission yet so I still haven't done the video but I have tested it quite a few times already and it works with little to fail (unless you are killed by the studio security)

Here's how it works get inside the property garage with Franklin and head for the right front corner of the garage then run towards the tire rack on the left side as soon you get on top of the 1st tire on the fllor hit the jump button, if done right you will jump against the rack and with luck you will get stuck on top of it, this will cause a glitch making fall down to the normal map, but the game will count as if you are still inside the garage (the minimap will be blank and only the markers will be visible) run on foot to the mission start then get inside the studio now you can go behind the sets and quickly get into the JB700 this will teleport you to outside franklins garage, then either fail the mission (as it's no longer possible to get a gold medal) or simply finish it tehn you can retrieve the JB from the impound.

• Syphiroth and Militia like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users