Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does Anyone Know For Certain What DLC WILL NOT Disappear?

34 replies to this topic
The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

I hate the fact you can't buy fireworks for the rocket after it is done. That is such crap....

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 07 July 2014 - 03:30 PM.

Again, we don't have DLC -.- what we have are update event items lol.
Smh if it was DLC it wouldn't disappear. There is a difference people.

Update, DLC, or whatever else you want to call it does it really matter?
If you want to get technical was the update not content that was downloaded?
DLC
Content- optional
Payment- mandatoryUpdate
Content- mandatory
Payment- N/A
YES there is a difference. So when people keep saying "free DLC" they are really just taking about update content. As far as I am aware, when a game has an update, one is not required to pay for it, which is why people seem to think its "free DLC". The ACTUAL "DLC" in the case of GTAO is technically the shark cards at this point, since you pay for them, and buying it is optional.
There is difference, one which I did not know at first either. But if your gonna remain ignorant after this has been explained and choose to act as if the difference doesn't exist, well I guess that don't hurt nothin much, but it does and you look like a fool.
You didnt answer my question. Are you or are you not downloading content with these updates?
With my XBOX whenever there is a new update it automatically downloads as soon as I start the game but if there is a pack like the independence day pack I have to go to the XBOX store and actually download the content .
It doesnt effect me in one way or the other if somebody calls it an update, a DLC, or a f*cking sea turtle because we all know what they are talking about. You can argue about the proper name and get your panties in a bunch if you want over the name that is your choice but its hard to say its not downloadable content when you actually have to download content.

This "spoiler thing" is really handy, so i think I'll use it again

Spoiler

But enough, I've made my point very clear. Tl;dr---> there is a difference, take note of it if you feel like it -.- I guess, or whatever.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Either way we look at it, downloadable content is downloadable content regardless how it is distributed 

Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content for a video game distributed through the Internet by the game's official publisher or other third party content producers. Downloadable content can be of several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to a new, extensive storyline, similar to an expansion pack. As such, DLC may add new game modes, objects, levels, challenges or other features to a complete an already released game.

Lol aright yo, so you defined DLC. Now define for me what an update is in terms of this conversation, so I can bring my point full circle here.

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

I think they were vague for a reason, of course.

Dam dlc cards!

zerogravity_
  • zerogravity_

Lamborghini Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Could someone please make 300 more of these threads?

Can someone please keep complaining about the same thread being made again? because I care so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users