Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does Anyone Know For Certain What DLC WILL NOT Disappear?

34 replies to this topic
NoMeansPlayDeaf
  • NoMeansPlayDeaf

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

It seems that R* is being purposely vague on what DLC is only limited time. Instead of just seperating them into two categories (permenant vs limited), they list various categories and at the end mention that the DLC is limited time...

Since the list will be shorter, what WILL NOT disappear?

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Everything you bought will stay, but firework ammo will not be purchasable anymore.

The musket ammo will be available for purchase if you bought the musket.

The Liberator and sovereign will still be available for purchase.

Source: http://imgur.com/VpdfM62

The new properties will still be available for purchase.

• livejoker likes this

NoMeansPlayDeaf
  • NoMeansPlayDeaf

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

See we shouldn't have to pull teeth to get straight answers about this from R*.

Couldn't they just make a table, one column limited content, one column new but permanent content?
  • GoodGreen likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 07 July 2014 - 12:16 AM.

Again, we don't have DLC -.- what we have are update event items lol.

Smh if it was DLC it wouldn't disappear. There is a difference people.
  • ninjaontour likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

So the Masks stay? If I would have known that I would not have spent that money in a MAD frenzy. But coveted 16x just got bearable.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Could someone please make 300 more of these threads?

• livejoker and jtet37 like this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

Couldn't they just make a table, one column limited content, one column new but permanent content?

They don't have enough brain cells to do that

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

They don't have enough brain cells to do that

Smh does anyone ever consider that maybe they don't feel like it? Or maybe the people in charge don't care? Or maybe because not doing that gives them the freedom to change their minds?

I'm certainly not defending them, but they are a billion dollar company. I'm pretty sure if it's somethin they haven't done, it's not because of a "lack of brain cells."

I mean, look how "broken" they made GTAO as people have been saying. Yet, stil so many people play, with more new people playing every other day.

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

Knowledgeable industry Guru

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

Aw so I totally rushed onto the Liberator for nothing, could've taken my sweet time 

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Damn, if I knew the Liberator wasn't limited time only I wouldn't have sold my car to buy one.

VinnyIrish
  • VinnyIrish

Diplomats

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

I never would have bought the Sovereign if I knew we'd be able to buy it after tonight.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

All I fear is the discovery and indictment papers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

Update, DLC, or whatever else you want to call it does it really matter?

If you want to get technical was the update not content that was downloaded?
  • urban_RED_NECK likes this

NoMeansPlayDeaf
  • NoMeansPlayDeaf

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:22 AM

Ok so the two vehiclea will both be available to buy after the update?

What else can we stop grinding for asap?

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:23 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 07 July 2014 - 04:29 AM.

DLC
Content- optional
Payment- mandatory

Update
Content- mandatory
Payment- N/A

YES there is a difference. So when people keep saying "free DLC" they are really just taking about update content. As far as I am aware, when a game has an update, one is not required to pay for it, which is why people seem to think its "free DLC". The ACTUAL "DLC" in the case of GTAO is technically the shark cards at this point, since you pay for them, and buying it is optional.

There is difference, one which I did not know at first either. But if your gonna remain ignorant after this has been explained and choose to act as if the difference doesn't exist, well I guess that don't hurt nothin much, but it does and you look like a fool.

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:32 AM Edited by YogurtStorm, 07 July 2014 - 04:32 AM.

Duuude, f*ck off seriously ^

Downloadable content is downloadable content ffs

• urban_RED_NECK, Dooma1090 and K-ROSE like this

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

I agree they are nowhere near as descriptive as they should be on what will and will not remain in the game.

I'm preparing for the worst by purchasing every mask, every clothing item, patriot smoke (wheels & parachute) I have brought 1 new horn and if that's the only one I get to keep I will be pissed. I've also purchased the mullet, which should keep the hairstyle available permanently in every colour.

What about for those people that don't play regularly? It will be like there was never an update at all making their return to the game pretty boring with nothing to work towards.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

Duuude, f*ck off seriously ^

Downloadable content is downloadable content ffs

And updates are updates :)

You seem to get the picture lol.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

DLC
Content- optional
Payment- mandatory

Update
Content- mandatory
Payment- N/A

YES there is a difference. So when people keep saying "free DLC" they are really just taking about update content. As far as I am aware, when a game has an update, one is not required to pay for it, which is why people seem to think its "free DLC". The ACTUAL "DLC" in the case of GTAO is technically the shark cards at this point, since you pay for them, and buying it is optional.

There is difference, one which I did not know at first either. But if your gonna remain ignorant after this has been explained and choose to act as if the difference doesn't exist, well I guess that don't hurt nothin much, but it does and you look like a fool.

You must be fun at parties. So do you drink punch or argue with the host that your drink isn't actually a fist?

No idea why everyone is bitching about the Liberator. Yes, it costs a lot and turns out many people were disappointed in it (not being storable/customizable) but buying such an expensive toy gives people a reason to make that money back to buy something else. The only real reason by now to keep playing GTA:O is to rake up enough money for the next update. I don't understand people who rush to waste all their money on new guns/vehicles when they have no clue what it's like. Some people don't even try them out in single player (and some of those don't do it because they never played/finished single player) or are too impatient to wait a few hours and look here on the forum for feedback.

As for the topic itself: R* aren't really clear. If someone doesn't have computer access or don't know to check R*'s newswire, they would have no clue how long this DLC/update lasts. They grind RR over and over and when they finally get enough money to buy the Liberator the truck is unavailable anymore. It sucks. I lost my Roosevelt from a guy blowing it up and the MMI glitch where they don't pick up (it was insured, I'm certain of it). Why make things limited? Remember that snow day? I was away and had no clue it was taking place. It just blows for dedicated fans to miss cool stuff R* do. They could at least use the long loading screens to fill it with useful information instead of showing me some damn clouds for half an hour.

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE and YogurtStorm like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

Everything you bought will stay, but firework ammo will not be purchasable anymore.

So I bought the Liberator for nothing? So it's not gonna become rare?

That just sucks

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

DLC
Content- optional
Payment- mandatoryUpdate
Content- mandatory
Payment- N/A
You must be fun at parties. So do you drink punch or argue with the host that your drink isn't actually a fist?
No idea why everyone is bitching about the Liberator. Yes, it costs a lot and turns out many people were disappointed in it (not being storable/customizable) but buying such an expensive toy gives people a reason to make that money back to buy something else. The only real reason by now to keep playing GTA:O is to rake up enough money for the next update. I don't understand people who rush to waste all their money on new guns/vehicles when they have no clue what it's like. Some people don't even try them out in single player (and some of those don't do it because they never played/finished single player) or are too impatient to wait a few hours and look here on the forum for feedback.
As for the topic itself: R* aren't really clear. If someone doesn't have computer access or don't know to check R*'s newswire, they would have no clue how long this DLC/update lasts. They grind RR over and over and when they finally get enough money to buy the Liberator the truck is unavailable anymore. It sucks. I lost my Roosevelt from a guy blowing it up and the MMI glitch where they don't pick up (it was insured, I'm certain of it). Why make things limited? Remember that snow day? I was away and had no clue it was taking place. It just blows for dedicated fans to miss cool stuff R* do. They could at least use the long loading screens to fill it with useful information instead of showing me some damn clouds for half an hour.

1.) I'd prefer that you didn't attempt to make such poor assumptions about me, my personality or my chartacter based off of one post on an Internet forum. If you are that simple and one dimensional of a person, that's fine lol :) but I'm not

2.) yes, I do miss the snow too. I wish it would happen more often :/ But the reason stuff is exclusive is to encourage people to play. If nothin was so special about the content, who would bother with it? There is limited edition stuff IRL, GTA ain't too different.

3.) uuhh, hold up a sec.... This is called GTAO, which means, you have to be online to play this game, which requires an internet connection.

Don't both the xbox 360 and ps3 have web browsers???? So there is a way to check for it, it's just that I take it most people don't wanna bother with it. Which would explain why there are a lot of questions that get asked on here that wouldn't need to be asked if people actually read the newshire, such as patch notes.

But to be fair, everything isn't on the newshire to begin with, because some stuff rockstar just never confirms anyways.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

That just sucks

I dont think Rockstar even know 

https://support.rock...3-The-Liberator

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

That just sucks

I dont think Rockstar even know 

https://support.rock...3-The-Liberator

The employee didn't even specifically refer to the vehicles. Just mentioned the event as a whole. Dat rockstar tho...

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

Not vague at all, people just need to learn how to read and search.

https://support.rock...icles/203519067

Independence Day Special Content: Available for purchase for a limited time only (See The GTA Online Independence Day Special – Available Starting Today). 

Over 40 new Independence holiday-themed clothing items, including outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both male and female characters in GTA Online. 
Two new weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Fireworks Launcher and Musket.
Four types of Fireworks can now be purchased from Ammu-Nation. They each come in 3 colors, red, white and blue. 
A new Parachute Smoke color has been added to Ammu-Nation. The color automatically alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Parachute Smoke.
A new tire smoke color has been added to the Mod Shops. This also alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Tire Smoke.
12 new animal masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks. There are 6 styles, each with 2 color variations. 
Four new horns have been added to the Mod Shop. Each horn is part of the Star Spangled Banner song. 
A new Mullet hairstyle has been added for both male and female characters. 
Stars n Stripes Face Paint added to Barber Shop and Salon.

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

Well, time to sell my Sovereign!

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:51 AM Edited by livejoker, 07 July 2014 - 06:00 AM.

-snip-

-snippier-
-snippiest-

1.) I'd prefer that you didn't attempt to make such poor assumptions about me, my personality or my chartacter based off of one post on an Internet forum. If you are that simple and one dimensional of a person, that's fine lol :) but I'm not

2.) yes, I do miss the snow too. I wish it would happen more often :/ But the reason stuff is exclusive is to encourage people to play. If nothin was so special about the content, who would bother with it? There is limited edition stuff IRL, GTA ain't too different.

3.) uuhh, hold up a sec.... This is called GTAO, which means, you have to be online to play this game, which requires an internet connection.

Don't both the xbox 360 and ps3 have web browsers???? So there is a way to check for it, it's just that I take it most people don't wanna bother with it. Which would explain why there are a lot of questions that get asked on here that wouldn't need to be asked if people actually read the newshire, such as patch notes.

But to be fair, everything isn't on the newshire to begin with, because some stuff rockstar just never confirms anyways.

A bit of a debate going on so I've put my long response in a spoiler to avoid long scrolling. :)

Spoiler

YogurtStorm
  • YogurtStorm

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Either way we look at it, downloadable content is downloadable content regardless how it is distributed 

Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content for a video game distributed through the Internet by the game's official publisher or other third party content producers. Downloadable content can be of several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to a new, extensive storyline, similar to an expansion pack. As such, DLC may add new game modes, objects, levels, challenges or other features to a complete an already released game.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

The vehicles are not limited time only?!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

All I fear is the discovery and indictment papers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:04 AM Edited by KornbreadMaf1a, 07 July 2014 - 07:06 AM.

DLC
Content- optional
Payment- mandatory

Update
Content- mandatory
Payment- N/A

You didnt answer my question. Are you or are you not downloading content with these updates?

With my XBOX whenever there is a new update it automatically downloads as soon as I start the game but if there is a pack like the independence day pack I have to go to the XBOX store and actually download the content .

It doesnt effect me in one way or the other if somebody calls it an update, a DLC, or a f*cking sea turtle because we all know what they are talking about. You can argue about the proper name and get your panties in a bunch if you want over the name that is your choice but its hard to say its not downloadable content when you actually have to download content.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 07 July 2014 - 02:47 PM.

-snip-

-snippier-
-snippiest-
-more snipping-
A bit of a debate going on so I've put my long response in a spoiler to avoid long scrolling. :)
Spoiler

My response
Spoiler

jsteelfex
  • jsteelfex

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Based on rockstar's post in the news wire about the update, I'm assuming that the content will only be available until mid July. After some point in July, the independence update items will be removed unless you already purchased them, similar to what happened with the Valentine's day items. I don't know about the firework launcher though, because somewhere rockstar said that it was going to be removed from the game along with the fireworks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users