Quantcast

» «
Photo

Could PS4 and Xbox One versions be bundled with GTA IV?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

GTA IV is quite possibly one of the most boring games I ever played lol

What kind of strange forum have I landed on? IV is arguably the best GTA game in the series, especially when it comes to the story. 
Nobody spends hours behind replaying story, right? ..Its about the gameplay! Not boring at all? .. Its a good game, better than GTA V ...but not the best IMO!
Vice City easily wins here.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:31 AM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 08 July 2014 - 03:31 AM.

Nobody spends hours behind replaying story, right? ..Its about the gameplay! Not boring at all? .. Its a good game, better than GTA V ...but not the best IMO!

Vice City easily wins here.

Well the gameplay is good too, and SA and LCS compete with IV for the best title for multiple reasons, at least IMO.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

What kind of strange forum have I landed on? IV is arguably the best GTA game in the series, especially when it comes to the story. 

I don't see why this is so strange. IV was a disappointment in so many ways, for me personally, having played every other GTA game prior to it. I can understand people lauding it as the best if it was their first GTA, but beyond that, not particularly.

I can admire the passion people have for the game though.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

I like IV's map...and that's basically all I like about it.

Except the story is largely a Vice City Stories rip-off.

• Osho likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:42 AM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 08 July 2014 - 03:43 AM.

It all depends on the person, I don't expect everyone to love the game, in fact I had a friend who had the game and didn't play it much before selling, he's just not a big fan of GTA. I have many reasons why I like a game, not just GTA IV or any GTA game in general. 

@Xyn- I wouldn't know since I haven't played VCS, but it's good to know Rockstar can get lazy when they want to.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

I can understand people lauding it as the best if it was their first GTA, but beyond that, not particularly.

I became a GTA fan in 1998 yet GTA IV is still my favourite one. 

Xyn: I would love to know how you came to the conclusion that GTA IV's story is a ripoff of VCS. Besides Niko having a military background like Vic there's nothing else they share in common.

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

TBH if GTA IV wasn't in the new engine i think it would've been one of the worst GTAs.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

I like IV's map...and that's basically all I like about it.
Except the story is largely a Vice City Stories rip-off.

No sh*t! .. I've never played VCS either, but checked it and after reading the plot, I did find few similarities but not too much to call it a clearly rip-off of the story.
Though, If what you're saying is right, then lol... VCS story feels way more interesting than GTA IV. I need to play this game asap!!

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

Uhhh... SOL, both of their girlfriends get shot and killed by a former employer and both of their stories end with the destruction a stolen goverment helicopter. If I start seeing further into the story i'll likely find more similarities than that Oh and they also have an annoying family member whom they have to save in a number of occasions.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

Uhhh... SOL, both of their girlfriends get shot and killed by a former employer and both of their stories end with the destruction a stolen goverment helicopter. If I start seeing further into the story i'll likely find more similarities than that Oh and they also have an annoying family member whom they have to save in a number of occasions.

Are you serious? Nitpicking and purposely finding things doesn't make it a rip off. Using your logic every GTA's story is a rip off of eachothers' then. How many similarities do you think exist in every game if you look hard enough?

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

If they were remastering IV, they would have announced it by now.

As they haven't announced anything like that, it won't be happening.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

If they were remastering IV, they would have announced it by now.

You clearly don't know Rockstar.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

Maybe some in some of the games, but not a lot. Being honest if I had to apply that logic anywhere then Franklin and CJ are the same two persons just because they're black and they both belong to a gang that is getting weaker and wears the color green, better yet Michael and Tommy are the same because they are would be wiseguys with that lexington haircut and are able to own bussiness. Having some things in common is one thing, but going far as being just like the last guy with an Eastern european re-skin is far too much.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

Maybe some in some of the games, but not a lot. Being honest if I had to apply that logic anywhere then Franklin and CJ are the same two persons just because they're black and they both belong to a gang that is getting weaker and wears the color green, better yet Michael and Tommy are the same because they are would be wiseguys with that lexington haircut and are able to own bussiness. Having some things in common is one thing, but going far as being just like the last guy with an Eastern european re-skin is far too much.

So what you're saying is Niko is just Vic re-skinned?

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

I'm going to end this now as I feel my I.Q dropping by the second. No offense OP, but it's unlikely this would ever occur anyway.

• GTAKid667 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users