Quantcast

» «
Photo

Could PS4 and Xbox One versions be bundled with GTA IV?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic
bitd
  • bitd

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hi guys,

I have recently signed up to GTA Forums after months of reading the threads.

I was astonished when no one had created a thread about the possibility of a ported version of GTA IV being bundled with the new gen versions of GTA V. 

I would love to be able to revisit Liberty City again on my PS4 with improved graphics. I do think it could be a real possibility as the map is already there. Although I do understand new textures would have to be added. But I do think it would be a good idea.

Am I the only person dreaming of this? I hope I'm not!!!

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Might happen at some point, I'm already running this better than what a PS4 would, so I see no point personally.

• fac316 likes this

bitd
  • bitd

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Might happen at some point, I'm already running this better than what a PS4 would, so I see no point personally.

Maybe it could feature as a possible DLC?

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

There is no way for such a thing to happen currently imo. It could be done sometime in the future, since I can't see Rockstar spending time on making an IV port when they have to prepare V for PS4/X1 and PC...

• fac316, InTheShadowsSince04 and AlmightySo like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

No ways.
Why would they bundle it with GTA V?
They want to encourage players in giving GTA V all the attention than get completely bored out of their minds with GTA IV and Niko.
That's a horrible idea, IMO.
  • InTheShadowsSince04 and Trevorphilipjfry like this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Could they? Yeah, sure.

Will they? No, sorry.

• GroundZero and Xyn like this

bitd
  • bitd

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

My favourite GTA game is IV and that is purely because of the amazing story. I would love to experience it again. The npc and car models will be fairly simple to copy over from V into IV and same with the gaming mechanics. Its just the skins of the buildings which will take time imo. I'm probably wrong, but thats how I feel. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

PlaystationGamer266
  • PlaystationGamer266

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

I wouldn't mind it. GTA IV looks absolutely dog ugly. It defiantly needs an HD upress. That's for sure.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

IV is way too old.

Curious if there will be a GTA V new-gen console bundle though. That's what I thought you meant with this thread.

EaglesFan1825
  • EaglesFan1825

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Liberty City DLC for GTA:Online would work.
  • theNGclan likes this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by Aleph-Zero, 06 July 2014 - 09:50 PM.

The best you'll get is GTA IV ported to GTA V engine on PC somewhere around 2015. That is almost for sure. Though we will never know what are Rockstar's evil plans.

• theNGclan likes this

Drill Sergeant
  • Drill Sergeant

First name Drill, Last name Sergeant!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Just face it, Grand Theft Auto IV is too old for more attention and they won't have Red Dead on PC

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

No ways.
They want to encourage players in giving GTA V all the attention than get completely bored out of their minds with GTA IV and Niko.

It is a horrible idea actually. Niko being better than Michael, Franklin and Trevor, having a better story, LC being more alive etc would draw all the attention away.;)

Even though I don't really want to see GTA IV get remastered if such a bundle existed I wouldn't even touch GTA V quite frankly.
  • sqre, Billy Benedict, chrisscorsese88 and 1 other like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

No, this will not happen. 

Cajon
  • Cajon

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'd prefer III or VC. I got it on PC now though.

• Osho likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

No ways.

It is a horrible idea actually. Niko being better than Michael, Franklin and Trevor, having a better story, LC being more alive etc would draw all the attention away. ;)

Even though I don't really want to see GTA IV get remastered if such a bundle existed I wouldn't even touch GTA V quite frankly.

I feel that GTA IV would actually be massively bastardised in my opinion. If it was converted or ported it would destroy IV's integrity. Rockstar please do not go all George Lucas on us.

Cheers.

bitd
  • bitd

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

I think it would work very well. It would actually give us an incentive to fly the planes and be able to use the swing glitch again (as an easter egg).

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

No ways.

It is a horrible idea actually. Niko being better than Michael, Franklin and Trevor, having a better story, LC being more alive etc would draw all the attention away. ;)

If GTA IV was a person, it would be hard to pull your head from so up inside his ass. Not saying i disagree though.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

bitd
  • bitd

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

No ways.

If GTA IV was a person, it would be hard to pull your head from so up inside his ass. Not saying i disagree though.

I enjoyed GTA IV much more than I did GTA V's. The game felt much more complete. The story made much more sense. You felt Niko's emotions. You can't say the same for Trevor, Michael or Franklin imo.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

I enjoyed GTA IV much more than I did GTA V's. The game felt much more complete. The story made much more sense. You felt Niko's emotions. You can't say the same for Trevor, Michael or Franklin imo.

I agree. I didn't relate to any of the characters. But i think fanboyism tied to a single game of a franchise is the worst kind of fanboy ever.

• Coolstream and fac316 like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Everyone bitched about how IV was a depressing sob story, too gritty, too dark. W/ F, T, and M, they're more or less what everyone wanted:Asshole protags. Say what you want about IV @ least it was beautifully written (compared to V)

Heists
  • Heists

Sei Stupido?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

We won't get an IV port at all, bundled or not it won't happen. However a Liberty City port to GTA V and/or GTA Online is very likely in my opinion. Today? Next week? No. But in the next couple of years most probably. 

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

● ← Hole to another universe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

We all have to face facts that GTA IV is just way too old. In fact, I can almost guarantee Rockstar is already working on, or planning GTA VI. I don't see them delaying GTA VI for a GTA IV port. It could work, and would kick GTA V's a**.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

Porting the game, I don't think so. Porting and updating the map for GTA:O seems more likely — presumably with new interiors for properties, new stores, and new billboards to show passage of time (present-day rather than 2008). If they're really feeling creative maybe they'll add the Freedom Tower and turn Star Junction into a pedestrian mall. Of course any map changes would make it that much harder to port the story mode(s) from GTA IV/TLAD/TBOGT.

• Osho likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

GTA IV is quite possibly one of the most boring games I ever played lol

• yakprince, Osho and Trevorphilipjfry like this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

If that happened, then I'd just be playing GTA IV remastered and never even touch GTA V or sell it completely.

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

You already played the game, you got it in your library, why you want to buy/receive it again? If they would just port it to ps4, x1, it would look the same way as for pc. 

xxxtentacion
  • xxxtentacion

MAKE OUT HILL

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

No, IV is over.

Get over it.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

No ways.

That sounds sexy and erotic.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:19 AM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 08 July 2014 - 03:20 AM.

GTA IV is quite possibly one of the most boring games I ever played lol

What kind of strange forum have I landed on? IV is arguably the best GTA game in the series, especially when it comes to the story. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users