Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will there be more trees for next gen version?

108 replies to this topic
DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

The map feels small and countryside feels empty.if they cant add another big area to the map.they can just add more trees to the empty mountains that occupies 90% of the countryside and make it forested.there is no reason to not add them.if they can add grass and flowers why not trees?there is no excuse not to add trees as next gen has lot of ram.if they dont then i will not buy the next gen version of gta v.

• theGTAking101, XmaulGamer and Wavesittich like this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:04 PM Edited by one55, 06 July 2014 - 12:06 PM.

well, considering they removed a sh*t load of trees from the game compared to what we seen in trailers/screenshots then i'd assume that we'll see more trees in the NG/PC versions.

they just had to cut a lot of stuff from the game to get it running properly on ps3/360. ps4/xb1 and pc will be able to handle all those extra trees, grass, bushes, etc

just look at the trailer. there's much more grass about. i really hope that they increase the density of the forest around paleto bay. if not then at least all the extra grass will make it look less empty and spacious.

gta-v-ps4-vs-ps3-comparison-screen-1.jpg

• theGTAking101, stjimmy3 and XmaulGamer like this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Not gonna buy the game due to a low amount of trees  :blink:

• CheatingSoi, fac316, GTAboob and 3 others like this

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:07 PM Edited by Apex Predator, 06 July 2014 - 12:07 PM.

Probably not because of GTA Online. Imagine how many current races, deathmatches, etc would become completely unplayable because there's now a tree in the checkpoint or prop or whatever.
Maybe they'll make add more trees and stuff into single player only but I doubt it.
  • GourangaMaster, fac316, Trevorphilipjfry and 1 other like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

well, considering they removed a sh*t load of trees from the game compared to what we seen in trailers/screenshots then i'd assume that we'll see more trees in the NG/PC versions.

they just had to cut a lot of stuff from the game to get it running properly on ps3/360. ps4/xb1 and pc will be able to handle all those extra trees, grass, bushes, etc

just look at the trailer. there's much more grass about. i really hope that they increase the density of the forest around paleto bay. if not then at least all the extra grass will make it look less empty and spacious.

They should add more trees to mount chiliad and san josiah and also the tongva hills.they take up too much space on the map.but in the next gen treailer mountchilliad looked empty without trees.i fear there will be no trees added just grass and bushes.its a crime if they didnt add trees.imagine being lost in the forest on top of chilliad and they should add water streams on mount chilliad too.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hum, let me answer before Ash comes in with his chainsaw. :lol:

It would be expected to have more tree's, the resources to display more polygons is a lot higher. But for the small teaser we got we can see that the number of trees is the same, but the LOD, textures and models are very different from LG version and from each other, mostly thanks for the available memory but also for Tessellation which allows this.

Now as someone pointed out before and with reason, the game missions are shared within online, which means if someone creates a job that goes through the woods for example, it will be different if there are more trees in one version then the other, or if there is a tree in a place that you need to reach... although if they plan to actually add more trees this could be a reason for the "verified jobs", which means knowing this, Rockstar is very careful with each new added job to exactly avoid situations like this.

We'll see what s coming, but there are many places that had the trees removed that couldn't be because of artistic aspects because they look awful and empty.

• Deji, Apex Predator, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

Not gonna buy the game due to a low amount of trees  :blink:

Yea the game lacks any forest area.open world game must have forests like far cry,assasins creed,just cause.gta san andreas had large forests where you can get lost.but where are the forests in gta v?the mountains are just wastes of space.

Hum, let me answer before Ash comes in with his chainsaw. :lol:

It would be expected to have more tree's, the resources to display more polygons is a lot higher. But for the small teaser we got we can see that the number of trees is the same, but the LOD, textures and models are very different from LG version and from each other, mostly thanks for the available memory but also for Tessellation which allows this.

Now as someone pointed out before and with reason, the game missions are shared within online, which means if someone creates a job that goes through the woods for example, it will be different if there are more trees in one version then the other, or if there is a tree in a place that you need to reach... although if they plan to actually add more trees this could be a reason for the "verified jobs", which means knowing this, Rockstar is very careful with each new added job to exactly avoid situations like this.

We'll see what s coming, but there are many places that had the trees removed that couldn't be because of artistic aspects because they look awful and empty.

So you are confident that there will be no trees added to next gen gta v?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

We won't need more trees if the existing ones are made to look more dense, lively and realistic. Which they are. So we're fine.

• BisP likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:18 PM Edited by one55, 06 July 2014 - 12:20 PM.

here are some images i found in an other thread. it shows the difference between the screenshots/trailers and the actual game. 

the top image is a screenshot and the bottom two are from the game.

qRtSKpo.jpg

this is from a trailer: 

Eh8EyXI.jpg

and this is from the game, notice the lack of trees on the left going up the hill.

v82xlId.jpg

another capture from the trailer: PeZEgkT.jpg

now look at those hills again. no bushes!

wKnE3Tx.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the trailers were taken from the NG/PC versions to be honest.

• burnzy187, AndrewDeSanta, poklane and 9 others like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Them next gen trees give me wood
  • CheatingSoi, burnzy187, fac316 and 6 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Good, if they do.
Better if they add some more elements of fun than stupid trees called "activities" and "features" for the gameplay.
  • fac316 likes this

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:25 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 06 July 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Probably not because of GTA Online. Imagine how many current races, deathmatches, etc would become completely unplayable because there's now a tree in the checkpoint or prop or whatever.
Maybe they'll make add more trees and stuff into single player only but I doubt it.

With the exception of verified created content, all created content is platform specific. Which means this won't happen at all, outside of verified content (which R* can modify as necessary anyway).

OT: Anyone's guess. Some more trees in the palomino highlands area would be nice.

• burnzy187 and theGTAking101 like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

And as always, thanks for watching.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by The7thOne, 19 July 2014 - 02:48 AM.

Undoubtedly we'll see trees in current gen. More trees, to be exact. Look at the reveal trailer for GTA V from 2011, then look at the final game. Notice the lack of trees, bushes, peds, etc.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

With the exception of verified created content, all created content is platform specific. Which means this won't happen at all, outside of verified content (which R* can modify as necessary anyway).

OT: Anyone's guess. Some more trees in the palomino highlands area would be nice.

Currently all created jobs are platform specific, but considering you'll be able to transfer your profile to NG/PC, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to transfer your creations/bookmarks etc. as well.
And some of the jobs created by Rockstar, that were already on the disc, have you go through forests and such and could cause problems if they added more trees.

Also as you can see in the scene with the train in the NG trailer, there are no additional trees, only grass, bushes etc, things without collision.

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Trees are the fingerless gloves of this game.  :r*:

• CheatingSoi, Distrom and theGTAking101 like this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

They should add more trees to mount chiliad and san josiah and also the tongva hills.they take up too much space on the map.but in the next gen treailer mountchilliad looked empty without trees.i fear there will be no trees added just grass and bushes.its a crime if they didnt add trees.imagine being lost in the forest on top of chilliad and they should add water streams on mount chilliad too.

Remember, consoles are vastly limited and what you're seeing is the limited draw distance for details such as trees.

It's a real shame this trailer wasn't made on PC.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by kj2022, 06 July 2014 - 04:12 PM.

I'd like a few more trees here and there, but there's reasons why it looks so barren as it is, it fits with the california feel for me, I don't imagine dense forests, like in Washington, I picture huge towering hills and winding roads.

EDIT: I should note, that I know there is forests and things around SoCal, however I still picture SoCal more like GTA V in my head than filled with trees and things.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

I highly doubt. Not because of hardware limitations obviously but because players would complain they can't speed up like little kids all over these mountains. The countryside of GTA V occupis 70% of them map and very few areas have some trees or plants, bushes, grass etc. It's mostly a bunch of porrly textured mountains. The next-gen and PC version will fix the textures and add up some more grass but trees...I don't think so unless you mod them out in the PC version.

Remember, consoles are vastly limited and what you're seeing is the limited draw distance for details such as trees.

Not really, the trees have their own low-quality model to be displayed when seeing it from the distance. The trailer was captured on PS4 at Sony's demand and the PC version is probably a port of next-gen version anyway. That being said, Mt Chilliad was in fact just as empty as it looked from the distance.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

In regards to the Online fiasco, No jobs  I've played involve the dead East Coast, Adding Mountains to the side of mountains wouldn't change many jobs if any at all.

But even without Trees, adding grass and shrubs will remove the dead spots all the same, the lack of trees are only noticeable now since they look choppy and seem to just pop out of an empty flat ground 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

From what has been shown in the trailer there aren't any new trees there, but existing trees have been improved and additional foliage (grass and bushes) was added.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

open world game must have forests 

GTA IV...

• PulpFiction, MilezDawg, Andreas and 4 others like this

burnzy187
  • burnzy187

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

Mount Gordo wilderness needs more trees there is so much empty room there i hope they turn it into a forest (probably wont happen) but it would be amazing , that's one of the only places on the map were i feel like im lost only thing that takes the feeling away is the background sound effect of cars speeding when the road is 2 miles away -__-

• fac316 likes this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

next-gen is all about grass also what other place desperately needs trees

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by alex3, 06 July 2014 - 07:59 PM.

gtavng.png

Definitely more trees added!

• burnzy187 likes this

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

But Wait...There's More!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

If I learned one thing from my time on the forums, the NG version of V better have...

Better Framerate

Increased Draw Distance

MOAR TREES!!!

• MilezDawg and LiquidNitrogen like this

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

BAHAHAHA THAT SIGGGG. sorry.

holy f*ck, the grass does make it look better.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

i want more trees because it will look more realistic.

• theGTAking101 likes this

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Unutterably Mesmerized by New-Gen GTA: V.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

Certainly from what I can best deduce, the New-Gen tease of Grand Theft Auto: V presents the elimination of barren spots, and substitutes the eyesore of voids with appropriate, crisp layers of redeemed greenery. :) They are two Last-Gen / New-Gen juxtapositions that absolutely punctuates on this amazingly, those of which are the captures of Franklin and Chop walking nonchalantly and the forest. In the New-Gen shots, it is not just chiefly the realism that is immense, but the sense of atmosphere that is being properly conveyed.

The forest is, I postulate, exhibiting a true forest in that it is teeming with a stunning, wholesome populous of grass, the blades protruding and animate, responding accordingly to the dear grazing. As the dear are walking and making contact with the grass, it retracts and is directed elsewhere. You then have the encircling, New-Gen trees, any of which could qualify as a worthy Snap-Matic frame. :) True Evergreens, enriched to the nines, whose panoramic perspective would be just as beautiful as the "front-and-center perspective".

We are then acquainted with the gangster epicenter of the Strawberry vicinity, starring Franklin and Chop, whose very identity within Los Santos is certainly not eclipsed in the New-Gen shot.  It is not eclipsed because there is an element present that is delivering a respectable caliber of conspicuousness. :) Its landscape coincides with the dilapidated properties. It is the grass, appropriately unkempt. If Rockstar elects to implement further trees, shrubbery and vegetation beyond this scope, I absolutely welcome it. :)                    

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

open world game must have forests 

GTA IV...

It isn't exactly a forest, but GTA IV had central park.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

This discussion has been done to death but I actually never thought of this. This seems to be the only logical reason an increase in the number of trees would be limited. Many races take paths beyond the trails/tracks and through what are now fairly low forested areas, a dramatic increase in density would definitely interfere if not make them unplayable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users