Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is there to do in GTA:Online "Endgame"?

26 replies to this topic
ctan800
  • ctan800

Hot-Headed Beat Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

I am seriously bored. I have two characters, the second one I made because my first went into the bad sport lobby, and I made a new PSN account.

Got my tank, hit rank 78. Two DLC packs came for her, Hipster and Independence Day. And now... I am burn't out. 

Tell me, what there is there to do? Don't tell me about Heists, I personally believe that heists are a one week novelty like the rest of the DLC content. According to Heist mission descriptions, they either look like Versus Missions or Regular Missions that pay more, up to $80,000. But thats, if you have anything you want to spend money on, and I don't have anything to spend money on. 

Even trying to piss other players off, or repeatedly carjacking NPCs to get bounties and then run around Free Roam with a bounty to instigate people to chase me is getting boring.

161isaiah161
  • 161isaiah161

I love cats

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

You can snipe people with the sniper rifle or wait near a place where people with helicopters go and try to take them down

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

If you don't enjoy the game, don't play it.

• SMFtwstdHICK and RandallFlagg00 like this

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

#paletostrong

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

You can stop playing it. If you are not having fun just move on. There is probably 1000 different ways to have fun just putzing around and whatnot, use your imagination. Or don't. Maybe go outside and have fun too? It's summer so it's nice out.

• Retardation likes this

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Use your imagination - it's a sandbox game, for f*ck sakes.

• Grumpy-Goat- likes this

dembot24
  • dembot24

Indecisive compulsive

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

To be fair the elements are there to have unstructured fun, I have started to explore the map and keep finding new places. Obviously amassing a fortune is on most peoples agenda...for some unknown reason.

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:24 AM Edited by jazzbone, 06 July 2014 - 11:24 AM.

A new contact with 20 new missions with $15k+ payouts and 4 new good survivals would help the veteran players like you,me,and many others.

I recently did a parachuting marathon and completed all 38 challenges as i had only previously done about 6. The money is not bad but a game glitch still shows wins as losses and losses as wins. Also have you done much in creator mode? Its fun designing race courses. You may enjoy a replay of the single player game.

Have you played Watch Dogs? Its a fun open world game but the driving is crap compared to gta games. With or with out significant new content a couple of weeks away from gtao can give the return a fresh feeling again.

Egonga
  • Egonga

Stripper/Lawyer

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

A fun activity, once you reach level 160, is to stare into the lonely abyss and consider the futility of existence. By driving a car around the circumference of the map several times you can then consider that for all your virtual miles accrued you, yourself, have not moved an inch, which is an allegory for the uselessness of our struggles against mortality.

I have a drinking game where I take a shot of whisky whenever a player kills another player in free roam, thus drowning my horror at the thoughtless cruelty of humanity.

Hope that helps.
  • Staten, Gunslinger_GK, Retardation and 7 others like this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:01 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 06 July 2014 - 12:06 PM.

^^ My word, you poor soul
seriously content creator adds so much to GTA. Last night 16 players on a basketball themed panto capture where you had to launch pantos off a mega ramp into a mid air "net" while being blocked by other players in zentornos was awesome!
  • SaveTheZombies and ctan800 like this

Kyleislemons
  • Kyleislemons

Badass Mofo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

I havent run out of things to do and Ive been playing for a almost a year

Potato Bean
  • Potato Bean

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Ram people with the dubsta 6x6. You'd be amazed how far a car will fly when hit by that thing. The monster truck is even better than the 6x6 at ramming but its slower and people just blow you up.

• Delta India Echo likes this

TCB-Bauer
  • TCB-Bauer

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

^^ My word, you poor soul
seriously content creator adds so much to GTA. Last night 16 players on a basketball themed panto capture where you had to launch pantos off a mega ramp into a mid air "net" while being blocked by other players in zentornos was awesome!

sounds cool, what is it called?

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

The game can be as good or as boring as you make it.

Its a foundation for a sh*tload of stuff you can do if your creative.

I used to spend hours on GTA III, where there was literally NOTHING to do on free roam, when I was younger without doing a single mission or official activity.

Yet, (did you see this coming?) I'm with you OP, and I am bored out of my f*cking mind on GTA Online.

Any ideas? 

• ctan800 likes this

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Just go and chill at the stripclub.

Potato Bean
  • Potato Bean

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Also wouldn't mind a new contact for higher levels (the highest rank mission is like 85 or so) that requires levels 100+ and pays 25-30k each time. They shouldn't be super easy like RR though, nor should people be able to access them without the required rank.

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

Races and car meets for me.  

I keep replacing my cars, spending the money i won in races in upgrades.

i also use my sanchez a lot in grand senora desert, you can pull-off some nice backflips there.

Finally i like to explore the map on my bmx, escaping from griefers by going through tight alleyways or hoping over fences can be quite fun.

ctan800
  • ctan800

Hot-Headed Beat Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:32 AM Edited by ctan800, 07 July 2014 - 02:57 AM.

I used to spend hours on GTA III, where there was literally NOTHING to do on free roam, when I was younger without doing a single mission or official activity.

Yet, (did you see this coming?) I'm with you OP, and I am bored out of my f*cking mind on GTA Online.

Any ideas? 

I have come up with a new scheme to provoke serious rage recently.

Ever since the last update, where you still get your free car even if the person blowing up your car has NO money to pay for the insurance, it hasn't been very fun making bombing runs at the impound lot (about two blocks southeast of the Strip Club).

As soon as I get people commenting on my toon's looks "Dayuuuummm, look at dat ass", I go back to my apartment and then invite the ENTIRE LOBBY back my apartment. Then I mass-kick them (Everybody Out Feature when you walk back to the door), pull out my Assault Shotgun and score as many free kills before they manage to react and kill me

Then I learned that you can steal cars from the impound lot using a CargoBob, I began surfing one session to another looking for clearly obvious custom cars in the impound (most spawn as random NPC cars, but I have yet to see a NPC driving a custom chrome Zentorno). I pick it up from the impound lot and drop it into the ocean. 

I didn't have to pay sh*t for doing that! But I did get pursued by pissed off players in fighter jets and got a couple of kick-votes (didn't get kicked out, just got the warning "Behave Yourself" on the bottom left), and almost a $9,000 bounty each time I did it. 

Oh yeah, on my old toon before I got sent to the Bad Sport Lobby, I stole a giant orange

10299744_663454447035001_1162924580_n.jp

I found and stole a Taco Truck and then drove out selling "tacos" to all the players in the lobby, then a bunch of thug sh*theads claimed I owe them their money over voicechat and cracked me over the head with a baseball bat. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Aside from all of this bs.. I been surfing the sessions looking for online arguments. Yesterday, I came across a bunch of teenagers bickering with probably the most foul-mouthed 9 year old on PSN ever. Got a serious attitude, some adults threatened to get his "Rockstar Developer Friends" to ban him, or "hack" him. 

And the kid reacted by..

"Go ahead and ban me little bitch. I got a glitch that can un-ban, fa**ot!" 

Lasted for a good hour or so. Meanwhile, I'm just driving around, vandalizing player vehicles that got left behind at the docks where they were all shooting each other with a baseball bat.

I kicked a few of the cars on the wheels, and gave them "negative camber", making their cars look super cool and tuner like. 

But seriously, all this sh*t I was hearing on voice chat was like, a 2nd grader picking on a 1st grader, because he was one grade above him and therefore he is "more mature". XD

• redpoint, Wombater and neek41 like this

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Go over to the content creator section of these forums and start bookmarking stuff. A lot of it is really good.

I got a backlog of bookmarks so deep, the only other game I see myself playing this year is that new Borderlands, and that's months away.

GunBrothersGaming
  • GunBrothersGaming

Funny Man

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Join a Roleplay group...

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

Id say whenever you get a high bounty on your head, jump in a submarine and laugh at whoever is trying to find you but cant.
  • igotskiz likes this

Thelankymidget
  • Thelankymidget

That one guy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Find and make your own stunt jumps?

Join a Roleplay group...

I did that once an oh god it was so awkward!

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Gone to USAF BMT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:21 PM Edited by igotskiz, 07 July 2014 - 01:21 PM.

As soon as I get people commenting on my toon's looks...

Oh yeah, on my old toon before I got sent to the Bad Sport Lobby, I stole a giant orange

Do people actually say toon instead of character? ._. Huh.

Id say whenever you get a high bounty on your head, jump in a submarine and laugh at whoever is trying to find you but cant.

This. A million times, this. Or get a bounty and comandeer a Titan and fly at the height limit and jump out and parachute when you hear something resembling a lockon.

OP

It seems you're just getting burnt out from the game. Play a different one, or just stop playing altogether for a while. You have the internet; find a different focus, such as Youtube videos or sites that suit a common interest of yours.

You could always try to organize a server-wide event. I try to get ten people in a Titan and fly out of bounds (I let them know we're doing this) and enact a scene from a movie like we were shot down or some sort. It's fun to see a ton of people whizzing around and ragdolling to their perils. If you don't die from impact on water, out-of-bounds will kill you in a couple short seconds. The kill feed is amazing.

Just watch out for anyone throwing a stickybomb to the plane or with a Grenade Launcher / RPG. I don't pick up <Level 100s soley for this reason as they are always the most prone at ruining the fun.

• redpoint likes this

mwins396
  • mwins396

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

Delete your first character and start the game over. Don't do any hacks because you'll soon run out of stuff to do. I've restarted the game myself.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Sitting tight for the single player DLC, which will hopefully have more online content as well. Plus the next gen release and switching over to a console that can handle this game. 

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by redpoint, 07 July 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Any ideas? 

I have come up with a new scheme to provoke serious rage recently.

Ever since the last update, where you still get your free car even if the person blowing up your car has NO money to pay for the insurance, it hasn't been very fun making bombing runs at the impound lot (about two blocks southeast of the Strip Club).

As soon as I get people commenting on my toon's looks "Dayuuuummm, look at dat ass", I go back to my apartment and then invite the ENTIRE LOBBY back my apartment. Then I mass-kick them (Everybody Out Feature when you walk back to the door), pull out my Assault Shotgun and score as many free kills before they manage to react and kill me

Then I learned that you can steal cars from the impound lot using a CargoBob, I began surfing one session to another looking for clearly obvious custom cars in the impound (most spawn as random NPC cars, but I have yet to see a NPC driving a custom chrome Zentorno). I pick it up from the impound lot and drop it into the ocean. 

I didn't have to pay sh*t for doing that! But I did get pursued by pissed off players in fighter jets and got a couple of kick-votes (didn't get kicked out, just got the warning "Behave Yourself" on the bottom left), and almost a $9,000 bounty each time I did it. 

10299744_663454447035001_1162924580_n.jp

I found and stole a Taco Truck and then drove out selling "tacos" to all the players in the lobby, then a bunch of thug sh*theads claimed I owe them their money over voicechat and cracked me over the head with a baseball bat. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Aside from all of this bs.. I been surfing the sessions looking for online arguments. Yesterday, I came across a bunch of teenagers bickering with probably the most foul-mouthed 9 year old on PSN ever. Got a serious attitude, some adults threatened to get his "Rockstar Developer Friends" to ban him, or "hack" him. 

And the kid reacted by..

"Go ahead and ban me little bitch. I got a glitch that can un-ban, fa**ot!" 

Lasted for a good hour or so. Meanwhile, I'm just driving around, vandalizing player vehicles that got left behind at the docks where they were all shooting each other with a baseball bat.

I kicked a few of the cars on the wheels, and gave them "negative camber", making their cars look super cool and tuner like. 

But seriously, all this sh*t I was hearing on voice chat was like, a 2nd grader picking on a 1st grader, because he was one grade above him and therefore he is "more mature". XD

THIS ^^ is what GTA is all about!

I'm gonna try all of these things out one by one, they sound brilliant!

Best post on the forums! Thank you haha that was an hilarious read!  :^:

• ctan800 likes this

ctan800
  • ctan800

Hot-Headed Beat Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:53 AM Edited by ctan800, 08 July 2014 - 02:16 AM.

Forgot to mention another story.

A fellow crew member (from LSPD) showed up in a session I just finished Coveted in. He is some deep-voiced British guy. He went...

"Hullo?!? Is anyone there?!?"

"I'm a BARBIE GURL, in the BARBIE WWOOOORLD, life in plastic, it's FANTASTIC!"

Some other guy yelled,

"Shut the f*ck up!"

He replied

"Who the f*ck said that? Don't interrupt me when I'm singing Aqua"

Other guy said,

"You sound like a fa**ot"

Couple minutes later, bickering and woofing, threatening to find each other he actually (was watching from TV) pulled the guy out the car and clocked him in the head with a baton

"Get the f*ck out the car. Yeah, i'm putting you under arrest. Try f*cking with the law again bitch, I'm a cop. Gonna f*ck you in the ass with my baton!!!"

The way he cackled (deep voice) cracked me up. And now to this day, I always use that line, "f*ck you in the ass with my baton, my long dick of the law" XD

That was the good ol' days, when I actually was hanging  out with a functioning cop roleplayer circle. But those days are done, I was gone for months doing summer classes and EDC, and now they all left or switched to other active crews.

I remembered being in one, and this guy kept suicide bombing us with stolen cars with stickies on it. I immediately radioed in that Police HQ (the hangars on the LS Airport) is under attack by terrorists (and other kids). This is what ensued:

10522283_271698949680162_1162180317_n.jp

10522202_1506701802875947_1384327873_n.j

10542994_756848327699774_1302036771_n.jp

10375596_290302257813390_1682639760_n.jp

So that reminds me.

If anyone has a mic and wants to do patrols with me, add me on PSN "LosSantosPoleece" with a message saying you want to join up, and then ADD ME AS A FRIEND so I don't shoot you on accident. All I ask is that on voice chat:

1) You will actively engage, if not instigate online arguments, using YOUR BEST COP IMPERSONATION that you can muster

2) You will actively report to Dispatch on everything going on, preferably in a humerous tone, example: "Dispatch, we appear to have a fat belligerent child hacking in to our private communications, suspect codename 'Hamburger Helper'".

3) You will designate a codename for yourself, mine is "Unit 69"

4) You will defend the integrity and reputation of the Los Santos Police Department, as well as firmly dissuading any disruption of order on our "private communication radio channel", "This is a RESTRICTED POLICE CHANNEL, GET OFF THE f*ckING AIR"

5) By enforcing the law, we also take into consideration civil disturbances, for example, upon witnessing someone playing crappy rap music on voice chat, DURING NIGHTTIME, I want you to bang firmly twice on your table with the mic on, and say "We have reports of a noise disturbance in the area, turn off your sh*t music, PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!"

6) At least learn a few official, unofficial, and commonly recognizable police codes, "187" for murder, or certain things like "Hate Crime in Progress", if someone makes racially derogative statements over voice chat.

7) If a tank is really needed (please refrain from getting one), you will refer to the tank unit as "San Andreas National Guard Armored Unit" on the way.

I personally lost interest in it when I was unable to make a cheap, Mac-Compatible means of Video Capture between a PS3 and a 2010 MacBook. I successfully connected my Dazzle HD to my television, and not only do I have to deal with archaic 480p resolution (no HDMI compatibility), but also the VideoGlide software package's recent version no longer contained compatible drivers for recording via Mac OS X.

Potato Bean
  • Potato Bean

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Purposely costing others money for no reason? Pretty sad IMO. I myself do the same thing all the time BUT I only do it when the person starts something with me and won't end it when I try to drive away. I just wait for their car to get impounded then call for my cargobob.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users