The complete and definitive top 10 things YOU hope to achieve before your time of dying. Lets see these lists from you all!
1) Move to California - For me this is definitely my #1. Grew up in the mid-East coast, and really don't enjoy it too much. The West coast is where I'm destined to be. California in my opinion has everything to offer. I made a thread about it last year and not much has changed since then. (http://gtaforums.com...entry1062933481) I have to move to California, and I think I will accomplish this at some point in time. Not a day goes by where I don't think about it.
2) Visit all 7 continents of planet Earth - North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and yes, even Antarctica. My heart and soul crave adventure and I love travelling. To see the entire beauty of mother nature and all the wildlife this planet has to offer. This is something most world travelers hope to achieve. By no means am I a world traveler but someday I plan to, and this would be a feat to remember for a lifetime. This one seems do-able with enough cash of course.
3) Go on an acid trip - This might be strange to some, but the feeling of almost going back in time to the late sixties would just be out of this world. I love to experiment and and just to imagine trippin' out on lsd for 12 hours, wow. Mind blowing and an experience of a lifetime I'm sure. I don't think many words can describe the feeling correctly. I don't how attainable real LSD is nowadays, so this one might not be that likely.
4) Witness the Oakland Raiders win a Super Bowl - Die hard and lifelong Raider fan here. Never lived to see the good ol' days back in the 70s and 80s when the Raiders where completely dominating the league. I've seen videos and documentaries of Al Davis and the Raider way and all that, man was that real football. The silver and black uniforms, the pirate with swords on the helmet, intimidation, and just a team of misfits, but it worked, and they won championships. I became a fan back in '99. Saw them lose in a Super Bowl and then the past 11 years have been football hell. To know you are loyal and faithful to a team for so long, even through all the bad years, and then to witness them rise up again, that just hits home. This one is completely out of my hands but I do expect a Raiders Super Bowl title in my lifetime. That'd really mean a lot to me.
5) Own and completely customize a VW Westfalia van - I absolutely love the old VW vans. Especially the split window campers. It is hard to find good condition ones these days without spending an arm and a leg. It really requires a certain taste to like these vans, but it sure does fit my style. Then, to top it off, to be able to afford a complete custom job, man, this van, would be super. I really don't know anything about restoring cars, but I'd like to learn in order to achieve this goal. Otherwise it will be extremely expensive especially with my idea of what the final product would be
6) Learn to surf - This has been one of the things I've always wanted to do but never really had the chance. The pure intensity and adrenaline it would be riding the barrel of a wave. Just....chills. I'd imagine time almost slowing down for you at that moment. But I've never done it so who knows if I could even be that good to get to that point. I have done a tad of snowboarding, so it's kind of similar. If I get to Cali, I'll give it a shot. I just hope I can do this soon or I'll be that old guy struggling on the 1.5 foot wave. Looooser.
7) See a tornado up close - I mean get close, but not too close. Know what I'm sayin'? Again, this one is similar to surfing. The chase for pure adrenaline and intensity. Mother nature at it's fiercest, giving no remorse for anything in it's path. The pure strength of wind power is something I must see for myself in person. I can picture myself going all LT. Dan and sh*t.
8) Drive on the autobahn - I'm beginning to see a connection here and it seems to be adrenaline. I don't consider myself an "adrenaline junkie" like dumb sh*t Dom. But there are certain things I want to do. I love driving fast, at times. I just have the need for speed. Therefore the autobahn is the place to go. Rent a lambo or something extravagant and put the pedal through the floorboard. This is if the autobahn is still all it's cracked up to be. If I did this once, I know I'd want to come back real soon.
9) Bike across Cali North to South - This is where I'd take it slow. Start myself off at the Oregon border and bike all the way down to the Mexican border. This goal comes from my love of California. I thought of this idea and what a naturally beautiful journey it would be. An adventure for the ages, one that takes determination and both mental and physical strength. I'd map my path through some of the most scenic parts of this the state has to offer. Camping along the way whether it be under the desert stars, or in the cool mountain air. Just imagine...
10) Go to a Superbowl - One of the greatest sporting events in the world. The showdown of the two best teams going head to head for the best sporting title there is, the Super Bowl. Just to be there among the other 70, 80 or 90 thousand people. Hearing the cheers, the boos, the roars of the crowd. Sports drama at it's finest and to witness it all unfold before your eyes, live. So much fun, but I know these damn tickets are way overpriced. This would be higher on my list if this was a Super Bowl with the Raiders in it.
I think that about covers my top 10. I'd like to see what you guys want in this lifetime. Might get some new ideas.
P.S. I wanted to add skydiving but I really don't think I have the courage for that. A little too extreme maybe, but I have thought about it for a couple years now.