Quantcast

» «
Photo

Quickest way to raise Strength in GTAO after patch 1.15?

26 replies to this topic
Antigenetic
  • Antigenetic

WMCC PS4 Platform Leader ---- Live Hard, Ride Free ----

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:15 AM

Evening all, I've been searching online (to no avail) for a recent way to raise your avatar's strength skill; on my first lvl. 160 character I levelled it by repeating hole 6 on the Golf course, when it used to raise the skill rather quickly, this is no longer the case (tested).

I'm just curious if anyone knows the fastest way to level the skill post 1.15? Any and all help would be appreciated.
  • Wild-Rover likes this

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

Go to the beach and use blind eye

jacka
  • jacka

jacked up

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

Play the game.

kdub
  • kdub

GTAL Maestro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Prison Thugz Fight Deathmatch.

I'd bet arm wrestling will boost it a good bit. I've been playing GTAO since 1/18 and haven't tried arm wrestling yet, but I play PTF all the time and that's how my characters strength builds.

• Dannnisaur likes this

danowar
  • danowar

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

I noticed that my 2nd character's strength isn't one full bar like it was.  Have yet to check my 1st character.  Was there a change?

I realized I could boost it by playing Pier Pressure and fighting either lifeguards or the people working out before doing the mission.  Cops don't get called.  When it is night there are large groups of hobos hanging out by the spray-painted boat and wall on the beach that you can level up well with too.  Fighting the crowds by the fire is pointless because you can get knocked into the fire.  On the PS3 there are more in the sand behind the gated area with the weights.  Make sure you finish the mission though. 

It takes a while and hurt my hand, but since I rarely have a melee altercation in the game I learned I have to create them. 

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

Prison Thugz Fight Deathmatch.

I'd bet arm wrestling will boost it a good bit. I've been playing GTAO since 1/18 and haven't tried arm wrestling yet, but I play PTF all the time and that's how my characters strength builds.

This. It's the only thing that DM is good for.

• kdub likes this

Duality Scarlet
  • Duality Scarlet

Getsuga

• Zaibatsu
  • Belgium

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

As people said, if you wanna raise your strength in a "fun" way, play Prison Thugs Fight or Fight Club in Heaven. Or you can start RR, go to the beach and beat every NPC that crosses your way.

Antigenetic
  • Antigenetic

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, since the golf strength increase has been patched it seems fighting pedestrians in pier pressure or the prison thugz deathmatch are the only options. Cheers for the input guys.
  • danowar, Wild-Rover and kdub like this

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

Press F to pay respects

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

You can't play golf with Martin anymore?
Shoot. 

I got it up just by punching random NPCs all the time.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

Golf and tennis do wonders.

danowar
  • danowar

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

By the LSC closest to Rockford Hills (Eclipse Towers) there are 4 guys during the day that wait behind the wall behind the garage door to LSC.  I've learned you can raise it by punching all of them to death, collecting their cash, and running back into your car that is parked in front of the garage and just repeat.  At night women appear and they don't take as much of a beating so it really isn't worth it. 

Sometimes I do it once or twice just to help boost it. 

trhacker01
  • trhacker01

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

Since when was the golf thing patched, 1.15? Is it just that u cant use hole 6 over and over, or u dont get strength for golf at all? I missed the note on this, it wasn't long ago that I maxed out two characters with hole 6.

EKGene
  • EKGene

Invite Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by EKGene, 29 July 2014 - 01:11 PM.

Since when was the golf thing patched, 1.15? Is it just that u cant use hole 6 over and over, or u dont get strength for golf at all? I missed the note on this, it wasn't long ago that I maxed out two characters with hole 6.

I just tested (like moments ago) the Hole Six method with a newly created character who started with approximately one and one half full (bars) of Strength.

It seems to take approximately twice (make that thrice) as many outings to increase strength at the same rate prior to this last update.  (At 1 1/2 full, played five times, and the Strength bar almost got to 40/100.  Almost.  [Before, approximately seven outings would increase Strength by one full bar.])

Edit It will now take twenty-one Hole Sixes to increase one full bar of the Strength attribute.

• trhacker01 and Antigenetic like this

trhacker01
  • trhacker01

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:43 AM Edited by trhacker01, 06 July 2014 - 03:44 AM.

I just tested (like moments ago) the Hole Six method with a newly created character who started with approximately one and one half full (bars) of Strength.

It seems to take approximately twice as many outings to increase strength at the same rate prior to this last update.  (At 1 1/2 full, played five times, and the Strength bar almost got to 40/100.  Almost.  [Before, approximately seven outings would increase Strength by one full bar.])
Well that sucks, but thanks for sharing ur findings.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Dick Francisco

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

Stomp NPCs repeatedly lol

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

How do you even get into a Prison Thugz Fight anymore? It's impossible to find one. I miss them.

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Mirror Park Citizen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

Prison Thugz Fight, or any melee dm

Antigenetic
  • Antigenetic

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

It seems to take approximately twice as many outings to increase strength at the same rate prior to this last update.  (At 1 1/2 full, played five times, and the Strength bar almost got to 40/100.  Almost.  [Before, approximately seven outings would increase Strength by one full bar.])

So it does still work, but at a much slower rate? might be worth doing even if it does take the piss. Cheers EKGene.
  • Wild-Rover likes this

kdub
  • kdub

GTAL Maestro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

I've been coming to GTAF and browsing for quite some time now, but finally just created an account. I've been reading about people having problems with the quote button, so I hope this works. Mr. Rocko; are you on PSN or XBL? I'm on XBL, so if you are also then we could just swap gamertags, meet up, and I can launch it so you can bookmark it. If you really want to get it bookmarked. Wouldn't be a problem. I got lucky a while back and got a random invite to it. That made my day, haha.

budcat
  • budcat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

Just do a mission without wanted levels, go to Vespucci Beach or the pier, and punch out a lot of people.  Just run and punch, don't stand and fight anyone, just punch run punch run, it'll go up pretty quick.

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

Kick the sh......poop out of any npc that moves

GERM!
  • GERM!

@

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

isnt there a thing where you get a friend to stand in a clothing stores changing room while you punch them?
your strength goes up and they dont get killed because they are in the changing mode 

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Keepin' it 100

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:03 AM

Playing one hole in golf(any hole) STILL works. I just did it and you get about a bar per 15-20 one holes of golf.

colagamerXD
  • colagamerXD

Cereal Gangsters [CRGS]

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

I like punch people, arm wrestle sometimes (always win)

Playd golf quite alot and playd tennis about 5 times...

my strenght isn't even on the second bar...

what am I doing wrong?

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

Start a solo mission where you can't get a wanted level (like Ballas To The Wall)

Go to the beach

Beat up NPCs with your fists until your strength stat is maxxed

G o d
  • G o d

The 1%

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:35 AM Edited by G o d, 13 August 2014 - 07:36 AM.

what i did was just beat the sh*t out of every pedestrian i saw, best way to do is do it in a mission where you cant get a wanted level and beat everyone up. 

edit: didn't even read the guys post above me, oh well.

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

Launch RR, go to the pier/beach, and play the knockout game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users