Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anybody even play for the fun?

52 replies to this topic

Poll: Play for fun. (124 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you do when you're playing GTA Online?

1. Grind RR all day. (11 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

2. Stay in Freeroam (45 votes [36.29%])

Percentage of vote: 36.29%

3. Play different missions (20 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

4. Play any kind of jobs (28 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

5. Racing (8 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

6. Killing peasants (12 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MaxxyB
  • MaxxyB

Consuela FTW

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:34 AM

Should make this multiple choice poll

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

It's pretty clear that with the failed matchmaking system and the lack of any kind of interaction except PvP sessions full of assholes, Rockstar does not know how to design a "fun" online game.  

However, I have "fun" doing three grinding missions:  RR, Defender and Chopper Tail, all fairly easy solo, all fast and predictable.  Don't try doing any missions or races with randoms - total waste of time and frustration. 

I grind because I know I will need $1M or $2M for the next "free" DLC.  

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

I like the tuna here

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

I honestly do just mostly dick around in free roam. I find legitimate pleasure in just driving around and customizing cars, but getting in to random deathmatches with people on the street is sometimes exciting too. I only ever do jobs if I need money or I'm desperate for something to do.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

I do a mix of everything, but I lean toward higher paying missions if I'm going to play some jobs and earn some $$$. Otherwise I lean towards free roam and doing everything from chasing bounties to collecting crates to robbing stores and trucks and plenty of screwing around.

Lazy Mofo
  • Lazy Mofo

Mirror Park Citizen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

I do everything on that list except grinding missions. What I've been doing lately is learning to drive without crashing in cinematic mode. It's kinda hard to get used to but it's pretty fun. Top that off with money glitching with your friends and I can play for hours :)

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

I play for Fun. I like to Roleplay like I'm really in L.A.

infamouslegato
  • infamouslegato

Former TNWO Lieutenant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

If I'm not grinding RR I'm in free roam doing stuff with my crew or just on my own. I can balance out making money & RP and having a good ol' time exploring the world of GTA.

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

I kill peasants or sometimes I roleplay that I'm a gangster in an underworld crime organization.

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

I do all of those I guess.

SanAndreasRolePlay
  • SanAndreasRolePlay

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

Personally I haven't played much of any other game since Valentines Day. I like to Team Deathmatch, roleplay, race, and I randomly join jobs most of the time. This keeps the game fresh and I normally have enough money on hand. Oh I also like to steal gang vehicles and shoot it out with Vagos and Ballas (Families don't shoot at me when I steal there car).

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

I could play GTA for years, any GTA, and still find things to do.  The most fun game(s) ever made.  To date my stats say I've spent $29.2 million on vehicles alone and I'm still spending it.  I probably could've filled a forty or fifty car garage by now.  If I grind it is only because I have expensive tastes.

• SanAndreasRolePlay likes this

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

Most of the fun requires money for Online.

Money is earned through (mostly) these three options:

• Cash Cards
  • Grinding
  • Slow gain by Free-roam events or the odd mission

Can you guess which one is chosen as the more preferred method? I am certain it's not option one or three.

Grinding basically confines you to a small portion of the experience - then everyone throws their hands up and screams "WTF COK* U MADE SUCH A BORING GAME" once they know the routine of the two most popular missions.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

I play for fun. It's great.

luvanurse41
  • luvanurse41

Brother from another mother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

I mostly play in free roam, stay in my house at Paleto Bay. It's nice up in Paleto Bay since most players are in Los Santos.octane154.jpg

deadly-deed
  • deadly-deed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:46 AM Edited by deadly-deed, 06 July 2014 - 08:46 AM.

I play different missions.

Lately I've been playing in Free Roam and now I remember why I only grinded RR. Most people in Free Roam are dicks. Not everyone is a dick though. Maybe 3/10 people don't shoot at you and we even tested the new Liberator.

I wanted to test people in free roam and I had mix results.

One was 2 people on bikes which they just killed me on sight then stole my Liberator. I then got my ride blew up the Liberator and went to get a tank. They thought I was getting another Liberator to find out they get killed a few times until they go into pussy mode.

Another one was me and a random dude were climbing hills and we had a blast.

Another situation was I was in the desert and I saw this guy. I drove up to him and honk my horn. He then blew up my Liberator and started to drive away. Then I kept spawn killing him until he back out.

You can say play in a Private server with friends but I'm the only person that still plays free roam on my friends list. I got 2 that play random high paying missions and my grinding buddy is too busy with work to even get on. The rest quit playing on the PS3 and only have a PS4 or just don't want to play this game anymore. I'm not joining another crew cause most of the crews I see mostly on here are just crazy with what you have to do for them.

So for me to enjoy this game I have to play random missions and lots of them ain't even worth it. There's a reason many love Rooftop Rumble. It pays 18750 with 3800 RP or so. Name another mission that gives out the same money with the same RP?

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

I'm so rich that I haven't joined a mission since January. 

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

I do everything but grind RR. I have fun.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:07 AM Edited by ten-a-penny, 06 July 2014 - 10:16 AM.

what is the fastest way to get the most of this "fun" you speak of

Playing random missions.

OT: I cycle between doing Base Invaders and RR. Both pay the same, but BI is FAR more enjoyable than RR.

I mostly play survivals. Ah, the Sawmill S.... I'll never get bored playing that out :lol:

It's pretty clear that with the failed matchmaking system and the lack of any kind of interaction except PvP sessions full of assholes, Rockstar does not know how to design a "fun" online game.  

However, I have "fun" doing three grinding missions:  RR, Defender and Chopper Tail, all fairly easy solo, all fast and predictable.  Don't try doing any missions or races with randoms - total waste of time and frustration. 

I grind because I know I will need $1M or $2M for the next "free" DLC.  

Are you on PS3 by any chance? I'm trying to get Defender but no luck :/

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

i could only vote for one thing, so i picked the dominant one.

but i like missioning, free roaming, and killing people. they dont have to be peasants.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Thats all I do when I play...

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

As someone with literal only $82, I do any mission. Gerald mission, Simeon mission, whatever. I'll do missions with level ones if I have to.

At least it's fun when you do it with level ones. No Rambo fighters, just good ol' Uncharted 2 co-op Objective style fights.

Meaning tons of taking cover and being way too huddled together for no reason.

• ten-a-penny likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

I could play GTA for years, any GTA, and still find things to do.  The most fun game(s) ever made.  To date my stats say I've spent $29.2 million on vehicles alone and I'm still spending it.  I probably could've filled a forty or fifty car garage by now.  If I grind it is only because I have expensive tastes.

Only $29.2mil?

Geez, I spent $54mil on vehicles, and not on stupid super cars either.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

There's Candy In My Briefcase

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by BigJoe_1, 06 July 2014 - 02:49 PM.

I do the only thing that is relatively fun to me anymore. Racing, When you get into a good lobby with no trolls or kiddies and just pure clean racers it's a lot of fun particularly if you use the muscle class.

Just last night I was in a lobby of 9-10 and we were all doing a playlist consisting of 10 races, I came in 4th behind people who were straight up better and not just people who race like it's a demo derby.

Of course non-contact was never on and the saying 'Rubbing is racing' certainly applied and paint was certainly traded but no one was hit hard enough to knock them off the track except this one time when someone got spun out at the end of the 5th race but it only happened once and I'm pretty sure the culprit only done it cause he was pissed since he did get hit by oncoming traffic about 3 times.

Everyone that says racing is boring. Your wrong, It's just because you can never find or create a good lobby.

Plus this playlist did certainly not pay poorly the winner must've got over 100k because when I finished the playlist my winnings accumulated to around 80k so winning racing can certainly build up your bank account if you race clean, Have good skill and of course win.

• ten-a-penny and A Maned Wolf like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users