Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wealth Seperated Lobbies

24 replies to this topic

Poll: Wealth Seperated Lobbies (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think lobbies should be seperated based on overall accumulated wealth?

1. Yes (8 votes [17.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.78%

2. No (37 votes [82.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.22%

If answered (No), do you beleive it's fair for newcomers to play in merged lobbies?

1. Yes (33 votes [73.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. No (12 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Do you beleive, if this system was implemented, Cash Cards can bump a player into higher-level lobbies, regardless of their level?

1. Yes (25 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. No (20 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Gone to USAF BMT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by igotskiz, 06 July 2014 - 12:17 AM.

As the title may explain, do you think wealth should be a factor in lobby matchmaking?

For example, lets say I made a new character, started off at Level 1.

Just a pistol.

No personal vehicle.

No property space.

No way to (initially) grind missions for money and RP.

Others were flying around in souped up supercars, full arsenals of weapons, tanks galore, etc.

It is hard for newcomers to play the game with a stiff resource curve such as GTA: O. Many newcomers may quit playing the game and return it or be stuck in frustration while slowly clawing their way towards a threshold where they can defend themselves (automatic weapons and properties are an example, as being a better means to defend yourself and a safe haven, respectively).

Take into consideration all of the wealth a player currently has on hand and in bank space, plus in liquid materials (such as purchased properties, garage'd vehicles, Pegasus assets, etc.).

If you look at your stats, you can see how much money you've accumulated across the board, spent and unspent. This could be a number that could determine who you play with, regardless of how that money was spent.

Also, take into consideration of Cash Cards. If one newcomer purchases $8 million through the Megalodon card, and another playing the game from scratch, should the card purchaser be thrown in higher-level lobbies due to the amount of accumulated wealth?

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

It should be ranked seperation not money, 0-20...21-40...41-60... you see?

• radshad likes this

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

This. I see way more problems with a money ranking system than a level ranking. For instance what if a level one bought a bunch of cash cards ok he still can't own a tank or buy a lot of crap so lumping him into a lvl 100 free roam is just stupid where as if it were as lvl 21-40 sure the player could have all the money in the world (cash cards,lil grinding) but basically everyone has unlocked the same stuff so there isn't such a wide margin of vehicles/unlockables

kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

This. I see way more problems with a money ranking system than a level ranking. For instance what if a level one bought a bunch of cash cards ok he still can't own a tank or buy a lot of crap so lumping him into a lvl 100 free roam is just stupid where as if it were as lvl 21-40 sure the player could have all the money in the world (cash cards,lil grinding) but basically everyone has unlocked the same stuff so there isn't such a wide margin of vehicles/unlockables

Lobbies should stay the way that they are right now, changing them to being money-based or rank-based is unnecessary and just causes more problems. You already explained why money-based servers are dumb, but there are also problems rank-based ones too. As of right now I am rank 114, and what if I wanted to join freeroam with my friend who is rank 12, should I be able to? What if he leaves, would I also be kicked out of the lobby since I'd be too high a level and I could just go around spawn killing everybody with a tank?

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Gone to USAF BMT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

The Buzzard, Dubsta and Rhino are the only vehicles that have a level lock, and weapons, excluding DLC added, are also level locked. But it is still unfair for one level 1 to potentially own 2 high-end properties and a vast amount of supercars and Pegasus assets versus someone who would take weeks, months even, to earn that kind of things. Especially when they can be hindered in their progress.

It's already like that, but I stated a potentially better alternative catering to newer players.

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

The Buzzard, Dubsta and Rhino are the only vehicles that have a level lock, and weapons, excluding DLC added, are also level locked. But it is still unfair for one level 1 to potentially own 2 high-end properties and a vast amount of supercars and Pegasus assets versus someone who would take weeks, months even, to earn that kind of things. Especially when they can be hindered in their progress.

It's already like that, but I stated a potentially better alternative catering to newer players.

Who cars if they all got supercars ? So they can drive fast, big deal. I was talking mainly about the rhino, buzzard, and the actuall weapons ya know rpg, mini gun, advanced sniper, advanced rifle etc that you don't unlock until a higher rank, that I would think would be a big issue with leveling the playing field rather than supercars. Also what other Pegasus vehicles would hinder the game for you, nothing else really does anything.

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Gone to USAF BMT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Lobbies should stay the way that they are right now, changing them to being money-based or rank-based is unnecessary and just causes more problems. You already explained why money-based servers are dumb, but there are also problems rank-based ones too. As of right now I am rank 114, and what if I wanted to join freeroam with my friend who is rank 12, should I be able to? What if he leaves, would I also be kicked out of the lobby since I'd be too high a level and I could just go around spawn killing everybody with a tank?

That's what private lobbies are for. And the system I proposed is based on monetary value of the character, not level. If he had enough money, you both could play public lobbies together.

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:02 AM

Just suck my Minigun bullets and deal with it, low-level noobs.

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Gone to USAF BMT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

That's the kind of thinking that only applies when you're not in the other party's shoes. If the situation were switched and someone else was gunning you down with a minigun and the only weapon you had was a pistol, would you still feel the same way?

• RooneyLFC likes this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

There are solo sessions for new people that are smart enough. We don't need separation just because some noobs are stupid.
  • hornedturtle likes this

Potato Bean
  • Potato Bean

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

Considering most of the playerbases total earned wealth is in the billions I don't see this working.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

No because im a lvl193 but i started off as a lvl1 like everyone else. If there were no invite only or crew/solo lobbies then i would say yes, but freemode is freemode. You cant complin if youre trying to grind in a public server knowing you will be bothered. Its gta after all.

RooneyLFC
  • RooneyLFC

scooter brother

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

That's the kind of thinking that only applies when you're not in the other party's shoes. If the situation were switched and someone else was gunning you down with a minigun and the only weapon you had was a pistol, would you still feel the same way?

Pistol, headshot, 1 bullet.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Owner/Operator Cluckn' Bell Farms Paleto Bay Branch

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Nothing needs to be separated.  The only disadvantage new players had before was lack of access to weapons, but with the DLC weapons available it helps in that regard. Also it's not like a true shooter where you are locked into a small area with other superior players, you have a large map available. Plus there is always invite only and crew only sessions for the faint of heart. A separation is not necessary in this sort of title, people can suck it up and pay their dues like everyone else did.

DevoidLight
  • DevoidLight

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

You forget, the situation was switched. We all dealt with it at low levels, same as everyone else.

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by jazzbone, 06 July 2014 - 09:58 AM.

When i was new and poor i played invite only and used the various legal ways to fast money and ranking. No shark cards purchased. Soon i had the money,property,cars,weapons,and experience to venture into open lobbies.
Open lobbies with rank/wealth segregation is not needed imo. Open lobbies with randoms is often a run amuck full time open world death match. Some are better at it than others regardless of wealth and or rank.

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Passive Mode.

falkinator
  • falkinator

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!
  • Aland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

Whats a ''Beleive''?

samdgadii
  • samdgadii

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

My votes for separated by age, lol.
  • igotskiz likes this

joshjda
  • joshjda

some guy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

What you say makes sense but dividing people based on rank or cash solves nothing they should be divided by play styles and attitude using the new system rockstar just made and the good sport bad sport thing. Divide according to mental state over rank 3 mental state you go to 1 group under you go to another if you are not receiving good behavior rewards you get put in the server with the high mental state guys its simple it would allow low levels who are sane to play along side high levels in missions and further their character.

Will also allow players who just want to chill out and play without having some psychopath shoving a sticky bomb up their ass every 5 mins to do so. That is the best way to divide servers.

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

You never answered my other post OP

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Every player you see in soiled up supercars, tanks, full weapons, and whatever else you said started out with:
Just a pistol.
No personal vehicle.
No property space.

It's supposed to be hard at the beginning so that it actually feels rewarding later.

Skeever
  • Skeever

The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'm mainly in disagreement with anything that has to do with further player separation between sessions, so I'd have to say no. The wealth system would be pretty problematic with shark cards, as a low level may end up buying a $1.25m shark card, and then he'll end up getting paired with fairly experienced players who have legitimately made that much from grinding missions, so that would end up adding further unbalance.

Of course, a high level player could just put all of their money on a second character so they have absolutely no money in their wallet or bank, and then they'd get into sessions with new players and grief them.

I think the current system is good enough as is.

• kilopm likes this

Inked 1994
  • Inked 1994

InKeD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Like someone else said, I'd rather a rank separating system. Your rank doesn't determine how much money you have, take me for example, I could make a new character right now and have $37 mil right off the bat. I still wouldn't be able to purchase anything until I'm a higher level though. Money doesn't really mean a thing when you can't purchase anything with it.

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Gone to USAF BMT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by igotskiz, 06 July 2014 - 09:31 PM.

Of course, a high level player could just put all of their money on a second character so they have absolutely no money in their wallet or bank, and then they'd get into sessions with new players and grief them.

You don't understand what I meant. If said rich newcomer was, well, rich, he wouldn't be pitted in a session full of other newcomers. He'd be pitted into a session of other, similar-wealthy people.

You never answered my other post OP

Sorry.

But like I said earlier, the only level-locked vehicles are the Dubsta and offensive-capability vehicles (Buzzard, Rhino). Weapons, if not DLC included, also have a level restriction, but otherwise, everything else is free game.

Pegasus assets still provide a unlevel the playing field by providing one player with assets that another player may not be provided with. I'm not saying that they should get it for free, but the lobbies should be seperated so that people with those assets are put together and people without are done the same.

But a level >15 player can buy any supercar and mod it to the best of their capability and then enter races where other new players don't have custom vehicles, leaving races onesided in a richer player's favor. (Assuming the race allows custom cars or not. I know you can turn the custom car function off, but it rarely ever happens).

-------------

To clarify with everyone else, I proposed a wealth-based system so that newcomers may not face an uneven playing field when trying to enjoy their game, as first impressions are everything for many. And if they are truly newcomers, then functions such as passive mode or invite-only / private sessions will be unknown to them.

Like someone else said, I'd rather a rank separating system. Your rank doesn't determine how much money you have, take me for example, I could make a new character right now and have $37 mil right off the bat. I still wouldn't be able to purchase anything until I'm a higher level though. Money doesn't really mean a thing when you can't purchase anything with it.

I agree. Wealth-based, rank based or mental-state based (which was originally supposed to affect matchmaking, I beleive) would be great options to include to save newcomers stuggle and provide a better experience.

------------

And to also clarify, I'm not trying to take away the PvP experience from poorer players, I just want there to be a level field to play on. And it seems that nobody cares for a balanced experience when they are on the winning team.

"It isn't happening to me so I don't care".

-You should, becuase it could always be you.

"We had to deal with it, so should they."

-If R* had put in a better matchmaking system in, you wouldn't have had to dealt with it. Sorry it happened, but lets hope for a better chance with newer players.

"It's hard at first, but it makes it that much more rewarding later."

-There is a line between a working hard and a frustrating hard. Being bullied to where you can't progress makes you want to quit the game, not get further. Surely you know how this feels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users