Quantcast

» «
Photo

[IDEAS] Do you want a more fair upgrading system?

28 replies to this topic
Zhake
  • Zhake

Super-villain

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

(I know the Wishlist thread and the B&M one... it's a mod decision where this belongs, not yours, so please if you can do me the favor, don't post that links, there's no necessary. Thanks)

The actual system sucks... and I mean, it really sucks.

How can a full armored car can keep it's speed?

How can even a super sports car can get full armored?

How can sports rims get better performance in a mountain?

I consider that the main reason of why free roam is full of Adders and Zentornos, there's no reason to choice my Phoenix in closed streets if they're going to rape me in performance (and I still see people turning like crap in free roam). Let's be honest... the game would be fun if the envoirment make you use a proper vehicle for every situation.

Are you in the desert? Well, call for a Rebel or a Sanchez...

Are you in the closed streets? Well, call for a Sentinel or a Sabre Turbo...

Are you in the road and want to get fast to Paleto? Well, call for a Entity or a Massacro...

Taking a trip to the airport? Well, a bike will do the job...

But no... a Zentorno is perfect for every situation, made pointless in have muscles or sedans, they're only in our garages for racing, not in my case, I drive my Phoenix often and take the Sanchez if I'm going to the desert because I want to think the supers aren't the answer for everything.

That is one part, upgrading vehicles is the compliment for this mess.

Almost every single upgrade boost the hell out of the acceleration, and the best brakes only upgrade like 1/8 of one of the five bits in the bar, almost nothing. Engines, Turbo, Transmission... three parts that upgrade acceleration, and we can agree that rarely a full modded car hasn't full Acceleration. Would be better if:

The sh*ttier your car is, better the upgrades can be made.

For example:

Truffade Adder:

Armor: none

Brakes: Street brakes

Engine: EMS Upgrade, Level 2

Suspension: Lowered

Transmission: none

Turbo: none

Vapid Dominator:

Armor: 80%

Brakes: Race brakes

Engine: EMS Upgrade, Level 4

Suspension:Competition

Transmission: Race Transmission

Turbo: yes.

And the more armor you put in your car, the slower it comes. Also, bulletproof tires in a super car is stupid... I can't imagine the material of that tires, it's enough advantage if you're after one with a bounty then shooting the tires would make things more fair. Do you want Turbo? Then say goodbye to brakes. This way would let people create proper racing vehicles or proper combat/getaway vehicles.

Also... rims should make a difference, but no, they're only for nice looking, not function at all.

And it's not making the game boring, it could bring more variety and people would find fun in choosing the right vehicle for every purpose.

And I don't want more content, just change the actual system... but I thinks it's impossible because Rockstar aims to kids instead of mature players. Just hope that GTA VI isn't a PG-13.

So... thoughts?

• ten-a-penny likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

BF Surfers XBOX lieutenant

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by hei3enberg, 2 weeks ago.

Just no. It's good as it is. It also concerns unlimited weapons you can carry, simple vehicle handling and gun ballistics. In my opinion there is no need to change any of that. The one thing this game can really benefit from is  60 FPS gameplay. 

• hentai_posse and mareepx like this

DiveGummi
  • DiveGummi

Cookie

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Fine as it is, nobody wants GTA to become a ultra realistic.

• mareepx likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

R.I.P 'Top 5 most rarest cars' topic :(

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't want too much realism in a game. Then I might as well just go outside.

All upgrades should be available for all vehicles, because that's fun.

Imagine how many people (including me) would bitch and moan about only upgrading certain things on certain cars.

If you want to use the 'appropriate' vehicle for each situation, then do that yourself. It would not be more fun the majority of the time.

Also you assume that when I drive, it's only in the desert, or only in closed streets....  I drive all over the map in one go.....

Just no. It's good as it is. It also concerns unlimited weapons you can carry, simple vehicle handling and gun ballistics. In my opinion there is no need to change any of that. The one thing this game can really benefit from is  60 FPS gameplay. 

That pretty much sums up my point of view

• the_warbsta and Timely like this

Juicyfer
  • Juicyfer

120 or Bust

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 2 weeks ago

The game needs not realism, but purpose for the upgrades. I would love the game more if tires actually did something. The first thing I did once I finished GTA V was buy an Adder for Franklin an customize it as an off-roader. To my surprise, giving any car offroad wheels makes them perform worse both offroad and on road. What's the point of upgrading the brakes? In most cars it won't make a difference.

Why use any car when you have a Zentorno? I own one and it's practically my go-to car when I need to get a job done. Maybe if it didn't have a bulletproof back and complete invulnerability to small arms fire (100% Armour) I wouldn't use it for everything.

Hell, even the Sanchez performs awful on the dirt for an offroader. 4x4 Vehicles don't even have enough traction to go up a 60 degrees incline. Vehicle weight is a joke (how on earth does a Panto push a Sandking off the road?).

It's not about realism, it's about fixing the wonky ass physics the game has right now.

• ten-a-penny likes this

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

GRA-TA-TA

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The more realistic it is, you more you have to make decisions and that could help you later in life. Buy more armor for full protection but decrease speed? Its like the spoiler increasing traction - racing or looks.

I LOVE IT!

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I like how people say this game was made for kids when cops are literally murdering maniacs and NPCs can kill you in two stabs.

• ten-a-penny likes this

morrami2000
  • morrami2000

Rebel

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

I agree with OP. The only thing is that all upgrades should be available for all cars. That way i can have a rhapsody dragster or a combat adder.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just no. 

It's fine as is. 

Leave it be. 

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

Your Friendly Neighborhood Mandalorian

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's so many things wrong with your idea, I dont even know where to begin, so I dont think I will.. Good luck with this thread.

Zhake
  • Zhake

Super-villain

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

There's so many things wrong with your idea, I dont even know where to begin, so I dont think I will.. Good luck with this thread.

Then don't post crap if you're not going to elaborate. Thanks and f*ck off.

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Enough people complain about the lack of mods on supers and you suggest even less? No, thanks. Since you're already aware of the wishlist thread, I won't bother posting it, but I will suggest it.

lozzy1234567890
  • lozzy1234567890

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by lozzy1234567890, 2 weeks ago.

One thing I'd like to see is rather than classing cars by what vehicle they are ie supers, sports, muscle etc and introduce a rating system of some sort like test drive unlimited did.

For better rated stock cars ie high end sports and supers, the upgrades do pretty much the same as now, but lower rated cars in the muscle, coupe etc have a higher bump in performance.

I'd like to have a muscle or coupe be able to keep up with sports, while some sports can be matched up to super performance, Elegy vs XF anyone? lol

So if say there were a rating system of A-D with sub rating of 1-4 with A1 being the absolute best and D4 being the worst.

Then hypothetically if a banshee was rated B3 stock and then upgraded to B1, being a sports car it'll get less performance increase when modded, and then a Sabre Turbo classed as C3 could be upgraded to B3 which meaning a muscle car gets a better performance increase when modded and could just about keep up with the Banshee.

You could then decide whether to fully max a car out, but run the risk of being put into a rating where you are the underdog, or you could hold back a bit on the mods and stay top of the rating it is currently in. 

This could make racing a bit more interesting, for example some people think the Voltic should be in sports while others think it's fine in supers, with this system, a stock voltic could be B1 and upgraded into the A rated to race with the faster cars, or left stock or minimal upgrades and race with B rated cars.

And also then make changes to the payouts on what rating your car has, so if it were an A class race for example, winning with an A1 car would pay less than winning in an A4 car.

And also fix how the acceleration bar looks so it isn't full on every damn car. 

The only problem I see with this other than implementing it, is that everybody probably want to have all their cars fully modded, and thus complain when a lot of their preferred cars to use are now underdogs in races ie Elegy would end up in A along with a few other sports. 

• Ballistic Jello and Artruo like this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just so you know, different wheels have different handling characteristics.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I say nah. Don't see how that would improve the playability of the game for anyone.

Those changes seem excessively unnecessary.

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

I like the tuna here

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

There are only two things I want to see changed in the upgrade system.

1. That lower-end vehicles get more out of upgrades. I want a sleeper Asterope but I can't because it barely goes faster.

2. Adding a spoiler increases traction, but decreases acceleration and top speed. I don't want to put an ugly-ass spoiler on my Elegy or Zentorno but I'm forced to if I want my car to be competitive.

Other than that, I think the system should be left unchanged.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

so you want more realism for the vehicles.

does it stop there? if I fall off a ledge, will my leg break? will I be have to sit in my apartment for a couple in game days to recover from my injuries? how will death matches work? if I die am I dead forever?

wanting realism in a game that gives you unlimited lives.

#lol.

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 2 weeks ago

1. That lower-end vehicles get more out of upgrades. I want a sleeper Asterope but I can't because it barely goes faster.

2. Adding a spoiler increases traction, but decreases acceleration and top speed. I don't want to put an ugly-ass spoiler on my Elegy or Zentorno but I'm forced to if I want my car to be competitive.

it would be stupid to make that spoilers decrease acceleration because they do the opposite 

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

Your Friendly Neighborhood Mandalorian

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by StaticLW, 2 weeks ago.

You asked for it.

(I know the Wishlist thread and the B&M one... it's a mod decision where this belongs, not yours, so please if you can do me the favor, don't post that links, there's no necessary. Thanks)

It might be a mod's decision, but each person who creates a thread should take it upon themselves to post it in the right section and if you're idea is already covered or is suited by another thread, you should post it there. What's the point it making your own? "ooh, look people like MY idea, they want to talk to ME.

How can a full armored car can keep it's speed? Along with the armor upgrades, you can make engine upgrades too, right?

How can even a super sports car can get full armored? What do you mean by a "super sports" car? and any car can be reinforced regardless of what kinda of car it is.

How can sports rims get better performance in a mountain? I'm not even sure by what mean by this. If you're referring to sports tires, they don't get better performance, there's no performance difference in any of the tires, let alone rims.

I consider that the main reason of why free roam is full of Adders and Zentornos, there's no reason to choice my Phoenix in closed streets if they're going to rape me in performance (and I still see people turning like crap in free roam). Let's be honest... the game would be fun if the envoirment make you use a proper vehicle for every situation. The reason there's more supers around is mainly based on the player base, not the map. The reason you should choose one car over another is because that's what you want to drive, you wouldn't base it on what everyone else is driving.

No where does it say you have to drive the same car as other people do. And you're worried about performance in free-mode, why? My opinion a good driver can drive anything.

Are you in the road and want to get fast to Paleto? Well, call for a Entity or a Massacro...

What exaclty is stopping you from doing that now? If I'm going off-roading, then yeah I choose one of my off-road vehicle.

But no... a Zentorno is perfect for every situation, made pointless in have muscles or sedans, they're only in our garages for racing, not in my case, I drive my Phoenix often and take the Sanchez if I'm going to the desert because I want to think the supers aren't the answer for everything.

Okay?

Almost every single upgrade boost the hell out of the acceleration, and the best brakes only upgrade like 1/8 of one of the five bits in the bar, almost nothing. Engines, Turbo, Transmission... three parts that upgrade acceleration, and we can agree that rarely a full modded car hasn't full Acceleration. Would be better if:

I'm confused as to why you dont want the most acceleration you're car can get.

That simply doesnt make sense, even in RL that's not how it is.And how do you use the Dominator as your example of a "sh*tty car"

For example:

Truffade Adder:

Vapid Dominator:

And the more armor you put in your car, the slower it comes. Also, bulletproof tires in a super car is stupid... I can't imagine the material of that tires, it's enough advantage if you're after one with a bounty then shooting the tires would make things more fair. Do you want Turbo? Then say goodbye to brakes. This way would let people create proper racing vehicles or proper combat/getaway vehicles.

Armor should increase weight I agree with that, but that can be accounted for and balanced out to where armor doesn't effect speed. Bullet proof tires can go on any car, just because you can "imagine" doesn't make it false. And so now it's about you having an easier time with bountys? Is that what all of this about? And why would getting a turbo installed get rid of your brakes, that just doesn't make sense. People can already create a racing vehicle or a "combat/getaway" vehicle. No one forces you to buy every upgrade.

Also... rims should make a difference, but no, they're only for nice looking, not function at all.

Without statistics on the rims and wheels, there's no way to account for that. You would need size, weight, diameter, etc/

And it's not making the game boring, it could bring more variety and people would find fun in choosing the right vehicle for every purpose.

That's simply your opinion, so I wont bother debating that.

And I don't want more content, just change the actual system... but I thinks it's impossible because Rockstar aims to kids instead of mature players. Just hope that GTA VI isn't a PG-13.

It's impossible because the would need to revamp the entire game, starting with the physics engine. It has nothing to do with the R* demographic.   It sounds like to me, you want Grand Turismo with guns, which I cant even begin to understand.

So... thoughts?

My thoughts are you want a system that benefits you and one that you're accustomed to, for that I suggest you go play a facing sim such as Forza or Grand Turismo. That's where you'll find realism when it comes to cars. You're whole post is contradictory, you somehow want more and less vehicle customization at the same time, you want more and less restrictions. It seems you just want those bountys to be easier, when it comes down to it.

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

I like the tuna here

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

it would be stupid to make that spoilers decrease acceleration because they do the opposite 

Yep. More downforce = less wheelspin = better acceleration. They could at least bring the weight of the spoiler in to play, even though the difference would be miniscule in real life. The point is, I really don't want to be forced to put a damn spoiler on my car. :cry:

• hentai_posse likes this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

I bless the rains down in Africa.

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago

What's the point of buying an expensive high end car if you could buy a cheaper car that can be faster with upgrades?

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

It seems like any time there's a well thought out idea on this forum, it gets shot down because well people are lazy and it's too complicated for them. We should just have one button controllers where you hold it and the game does everything for you...
  • Zhake likes this

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 2 weeks ago

just no... go cry on grand turismo

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Too drastic, OP. HOWEVER, I do think it's unfair that the game punishes you so much for wanting to buying "cheaper" cars. They give supercars bulletproof backs so the trolls won't cry to their parents and ask them to return the game but my Felon 4-door constantly gets shot up. I have $10mil in the bank, I choose to drive the Felon because I like it. I shouldn't be punished. 

Zhake
  • Zhake

Super-villain

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

You asked for it.

It might be a mod's decision, but each person who creates a thread should take it upon themselves to post it in the right section and if you're idea is already covered or is suited by another thread, you should post it there. What's the point it making your own? "ooh, look people like MY idea, they want to talk to ME.

Guess what? In these threads you never get views or opinions... which sucks because you come to a forum to share points of view, not to let your words in the air. I suggested a sub-forum section for these threads instead of all in one, but that's another matter. Never said that you can't post something or what are you limited to say, just asked it for a favor.

How can a full armored car can keep it's speed? Along with the armor upgrades, you can make engine upgrades too, right?

Yeah, so? Still no logic.

How can even a super sports car can get full armored? What do you mean by a "super sports" car? and any car can be reinforced regardless of what kinda of car it is

I'm not totally sure. Super sports car... super car (e.g. Adder). But tell me, why a racing car needs that? You agree about the extra weight. You can armor a sports car, but you loose speed. More fair.

How can sports rims get better performance in a mountain? I'm not even sure by what mean by this. If you're referring to sports tires, they don't get better performance, there's no performance difference in any of the tires, let alone rims.

I apologize about that, typing mistake. The correct sentence was "How can a sports car get better performance in a mountain?".

I consider that the main reason of why free roam is full of Adders and Zentornos, there's no reason to choice my Phoenix in closed streets if they're going to rape me in performance (and I still see people turning like crap in free roam). Let's be honest... the game would be fun if the envoirment make you use a proper vehicle for every situation. The reason there's more supers around is mainly based on the player base, not the map. The reason you should choose one car over another is because that's what you want to drive, you wouldn't base it on what everyone else is driving.

People prefers super cars because they're better over all. I've seen a lot of people tired of their Zentorno but they use it because is the best option in missions/free roam.

No where does it say you have to drive the same car as other people do. And you're worried about performance in free-mode, why? My opinion a good driver can drive anything.

Of course, I said it. I'm not worried either.

What exaclty is stopping you from doing that now? If I'm going off-roading, then yeah I choose one of my off-road vehicle.

Did you read the part when I said that I do that already?

Okay?

I'm confused as to why you dont want the most acceleration you're car can get.

Because you can't upgrade your brakes (and the ones that already exist are crap), top speed or something else beside acceleration.

That simply doesnt make sense, even in RL that's not how it is.And how do you use the Dominator as your example of a "sh*tty car"

Of course... I used the Dominator as a muscle example. And I wasn't using sh*tty that literal.

For example:

Truffade Adder:

Vapid Dominator:

Armor should increase weight I agree with that, but that can be accounted for and balanced out to where armor doesn't effect speed. Bullet proof tires can go on any car, just because you can "imagine" doesn't make it false. And so now it's about you having an easier time with bountys? Is that what all of this about? And why would getting a turbo installed get rid of your brakes, that just doesn't make sense. People can already create a racing vehicle or a "combat/getaway" vehicle. No one forces you to buy every upgrade.

1. Yeah, the whole thread is because I can't get a single bounty... is so hard that I don't chase them anymore. You got me.

2. That was an example, but if your car is faster, maybe the brakes won't work that well... I don't know.

3. "No one forces..." Jeez, learn another line.

Without statistics on the rims and wheels, there's no way to account for that. You would need size, weight, diameter, etc/

Aham.

That's simply your opinion, so I wont bother debating that.

Yet you did it...

It's impossible because the would need to revamp the entire game, starting with the physics engine. It has nothing to do with the R* demographic.   It sounds like to me, you want Grand Turismo with guns, which I cant even begin to understand.

Eh no... they don't need to re-do the game... just adjust it, but like I said, that won't happen.

So... thoughts?

My thoughts are you want a system that benefits you and one that you're accustomed to, for that I suggest you go play a facing sim such as Forza or Grand Turismo. That's where you'll find realism when it comes to cars. You're whole post is contradictory, you somehow want more and less vehicle customization at the same time, you want more and less restrictions. It seems you just want those bountys to be easier, when it comes down to it.

Yes, I want my own videogame, you got me again. And I want all the bounties that I don't give a sh*t, it's obvious. I forget I'm debating with Dr. House, you forgot to say what's my K/D ratio based in my post, it's obvious I want a more fair system in the car customization because I can kill someone driving an Adder. No, I don't want more customizations, just limit the existing ones according the car you use, a sports armored car with turbo is pretty dumb.

You started doing it fine, but ended like a smart ass. That's why I don't like examples, there's always one idiot who take it so seriously.

What's the point of buying an expensive high end car if you could buy a cheaper car that can be faster with upgrades?

Did you read the post?

just no... go cry on grand turismo

You're... just an idiot. Cry? Sure, just because I gave my thoughts...

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't care if Supercars outclass my Ruiner, I'm still going to drive it. And honestly, with the amount of crap drivers I see driving Supers, it evens out. Only on long straight roads are Supers an issue for me. The amount of times I've ridden in someones Super and have them crash at every corner because they think they can go fast everywhere, it's pathetic really.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Please learn to edit a quote, so we don't have to skip huge walls of text when you're being quoted, and others don't know how to edit a quote either.

OT:

This idea is kind of bad. It would restrict even more stuff you can do.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Sexy Soviet

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by V HoneyBadger V, 2 weeks ago.

OP, it sounds like you're one of the many people who only use a car as a tool for completing missions and winning races.
Many people on here like to have a vehicle for the fun of it. For example, I have a Hexer and I love it. It won't win me any races but that doesn't matter.

However, I do agree with the body weights and the ability of most cars to be awesome off road. Now, this is where off road tires could be actually used for a purpose.

Just noticed you called the Dominator sh*tty. Respect has gone.

Zhake
  • Zhake

Super-villain

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Please learn to edit a quote, so we don't have to skip huge walls of text when you're being quoted, and others don't know how to edit a quote either.

OT:

This idea is kind of bad. It would restrict even more stuff you can do.

Yeah well... I just answered him the way he did it.

OP, it sounds like you're one of the many people who only use a car as a tool for completing missions and winning races.
Many people on here like to have a vehicle for the fun of it. For example, I have a Hexer and I love it. It won't win me any races but that doesn't matter.

However, I do agree with the body weights and the ability of most cars to be awesome off road. Now, this is where off road tires could be actually used for a purpose.

Just noticed you called the Dominator sh*tty. Respect has gone.

Oh no... maybe I'll have problems sleeping tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users