Photo

R* is like an abusive relationship...

19 replies to this topic
RicoSuave87
  • RicoSuave87

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by RicoSuave87, 05 July 2014 - 08:21 PM.

Anyone noticed how R* and it's fanbase is like an abusive relationship? No matter how many times R* screws over its fans, or its fans complain, they still put up with it and keep crawling back again and again...

• Jehannum, Jeone, s13racer316 and 4 others like this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

no. abusive relation was me and my manhood when i was 13 years old. 

• Jehannum, jtet37, Jizzle2014 and 1 other like this

redpoint
  • redpoint

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

True, we moan and we moan when R* sh*t all over us, but we keep coming back, whispering to our friends "oh, they're not that bad, they treat me right every month or so" 

• Day Reaper likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Peon

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Well to be fair Rockstar don't screw over anybody so no it's not an abusive relationship.

They've made a great game and it's still good to play after all these months, they also keep on adding new content all the time (free content). What exactly are they doing to s**t on the consumer?

Ridiculous.
  • 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

BigStu4q
  • BigStu4q

Los Demonios MC

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Ridiculous.

What exactly are they doing to s**t on the consumer?

How about promising things that they don't deliver? and nerfing missions to make money grinding more difficult?

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Peon

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Ridiculous.What exactly are they doing to s**t on the consumer?

How about promising things that they don't deliver? and nerfing missions to make money grinding more difficult?

Failing to deliver heists as promised isn't the same as s*****g on consumers. Let's not get carried away here.

They are also completely entitled to tweak mission pay outs as they see fit, there are still several straight forward jobs that pay 15,000 plus so it's not like money's hard to come by if you know what you're doing.
  • 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

I just don't know what went wrong!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Money is hard to get if you don't want to sit bumming all day. Some people just want to have fun in free roam with there Infernos or Banshee and jumping off buildings with them and stuff.

Also mission nerfs are annoying, harder to earn money. Oh whats that i s? Conveniently place money, for real money. Man, its as if they WANT US to spend 64 quid for a tank and stuff we really want.(btw I'm against the money cards, this post was sarcastic, apart from the first para

And also yeah we do till keep coming back, cos we have happiness is... Shirt and the beer hats, who doesnt want one of them on there virtual reality character? But hey, its GTA if ya like it ya have to play it(or playa significantly better GTA brought out 6 years ago)
  • Jeone likes this

nibblesthecat
  • nibblesthecat

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

GTAV Online is part of GTAV which on it's own was well worth the price. Rockstar have released numerous free DLC, GTAVOnline is in a much better state then it was , and considering the amount of playtime i've had GTA was well worth the money.

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

Hahaha it really is.......teasing heists.......and the craziest part is how every update fails at fixing something it was meant to, fixes a harmless pointless glitches, and THEN introduces new bugs/glitches or even reintroduces old previously fixed problems.......

.......Pegasus only delivering near the army base, players being struck bald, crates not dropping if someone enter the green drop zone....etc etc

And that an update or two ago actually rolled back some stuff, tweaks to the ztype and airplanes, and the sandking losing 2wd.

Oh yea and R* failing to get hold on money and car dupe glitches.....which i have certianly benefited from.....theyre getting harder and more complicated but theyre still around. And wallbreaches that have been around since day 1.

And passive mode that just put a target on your back. And paints that cost more than the highest paying missions. And only having mere second to bookmark a job. And cars the have body options that CANNOT be chosen or changed. And not being able to paint/customize vans.

And taking away harmless but awesome vehicles. Like my upgraded matte black police buffalo.......grrrrrrr that one still pisses me the fk off
  • kilopm, Jioyt 123 and budcat like this

budcat
  • budcat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

I was going to post something but the post above me put it pretty succinctly.

• jtet37 likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

What I see is that Rockstar have been sh*tting on us while we're being loyal to them although we're angry and complaining over their action. Rockstar is the abusive one towards us.

s13racer316
  • s13racer316

DRFTSLT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Anyone noticed how R* and it's fanbase is like an abusive relationship? No matter how many times R* screws over its fans, or its fans complain, they still put up with it and keep crawling back again and again...

Right.... after everything most of us will give them more money come fall. R* made out pretty good on this one. Hope they enjoyed it.

Forumflamegang50
  • Forumflamegang50

Ganton Menace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

The constant updates that lack heists are insane!?! Heists were supposed to be the FIRST UPDATE to gta:o. I dont mind the waiting as much as the fact that they won't tell us what's wrong with them? Is it a bug, maybe worries of money glitches? At least tell us why we are waiting.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Peon

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hahaha it really is.......teasing heists.......and the craziest part is how every update fails at fixing something it was meant to, fixes a harmless pointless glitches, and THEN introduces new bugs/glitches or even reintroduces old previously fixed problems.......

.......Pegasus only delivering near the army base, players being struck bald, crates not dropping if someone enter the green drop zone....etc etc

And that an update or two ago actually rolled back some stuff, tweaks to the ztype and airplanes, and the sandking losing 2wd.

Oh yea and R* failing to get hold on money and car dupe glitches.....which i have certianly benefited from.....theyre getting harder and more complicated but theyre still around. And wallbreaches that have been around since day 1.

And passive mode that just put a target on your back. And paints that cost more than the highest paying missions. And only having mere second to bookmark a job. And cars the have body options that CANNOT be chosen or changed. And not being able to paint/customize vans.

And taking away harmless but awesome vehicles. Like my upgraded matte black police buffalo.......grrrrrrr that one still pisses me the fk off

What you're describing is a series of glitches. Do you honestly think it's possible to make a game of that size and complexity without glitches? If you do you're crazy.

The fact that they have tried and failed to fix certain problems doesn't mean they are s*****g on you it means they are finding certain things hard to sort out, give them a break FFS.

If passive mode paints a target on your back then that says more about human nature than anything else, unless human nature is Rockstar's fault too?

Some things in the game are overpriced sure but it gives you something to aim for and a feeling of accomplishment when you get it.

It's not a perfect game and the unexplained delays to heists are annoying but Christ on a bike they're not s*****g on their customers.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:22 AM Edited by Brock Elvis, 06 July 2014 - 10:23 AM.

It's really down to perception of Rockstar's actions.

Some will love Rockstar's decisions, while others will despise or rant about it in threads/topics/articles. Those who actually enjoy the game entirely, without whining constantly or screaming "IM GONA LEAVE THIS UNFINISHED GAME F*K YOU COCK*" every update will not find the comparison written by you. Others will indeed relate, if the behaviour mentioned previously is the norm for them.

So, no - I do not find Rockstar to be "like an abusive relationship", because I do not leave or otherwise threaten to boycott the company every time they don't hand me what I desire. 

• Katterly likes this

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Have a love/hate thing with gta online and Rockstar? If so then remove game disc,place disc in its case,end of story. Also disappointing customers with delayed content, choice of glitches to fix,inability to fix some glitches and having update content designed for increased shark card sales is far from any definition of " abusive relationship" i know of.

Egonga
  • Egonga

Stripper/Lawyer

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

*lowers his arse onto the fence in a sitting position*

Well, I would say people's frustration with the game is not because it is a bad game. Single player was worth the price of admission alone and without Online I would have moved on a long time ago. As it is I've been playing regularly since Online was released - I still have Batman and AC4 in their wrappers from Christmas - and that is pretty damned amazing.

But I think people are frustrated because they feel it could be so much better. Rockstar can go months without giving us any news and people interpret that as inaction on their part. They come up with dlc concepts and new ideas, they picture what they want the game to be, and then they see Rockstar doing nothing and begin to by annoyed.

I think Rockstar need to be more open with the fan base. What, exactly, is delaying the Heists? They've vaguely mentioned difficulties and, combined with the upcoming next gen update, have spawned all sorts of conspiracy theories. They could have squashed all of that by simply communicating what difficulties they're facing.

So while I'd say that they're not exactly being abusive to the fan base - a great game with a lot of free dlc - they do tend to take us for granted.

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

GTA V has a horrible level design + rubberband AI and outdated mechanics.
Only explainable purpose I can think of is that they love to annoy their fans.

Katterly
  • Katterly

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

You will get this same argument for just about every online game out there. I used to work for a online rpg and every time they updated something they broke something else. It was a running joke and every time we got a litany of complaints & whines about leaving but almost no one ever did.

Personally I'd rather they fix the all too often disconnects from the server due to an unknown error rather than add new content, I'd rather be able to play than buy a new outfit or gun.

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Welcome to gaming. You want an example of fanbois and companies taking advantage of em? Look no further than the Battlefield titles and EA. BF3 was horrible and treated like it was the best game ever released. Say something negative and watch the fanbois go ape sh**. BF4 was/is an utter joke, still chock full of complaining players. They just released a 60$ DLC to the complaints of millions, yet still sold as well as the base game!!! 

Pre orders have taught game companies that they can indeed release a half finished product and still get gold sales. Release "DLC"s, that are really just stuff they had in the pipe that was supposed to be in the base game, make more profit. In this regard R* is actually a step above the mainstream. They don't charge for stuff that is already there, but they make the in game purchase (another business model that gained traction thanx to fanbois) so expensive that many will buy into the pay cash for cash system to get the good stuff. 

This is just a reaction to the players though. As players we take it on the face and then beg for some more. I cant even fathom how many times Ive seen "Im never buying another (insert game company) product again"! Only to see the guy in the next DLC or titles, saying the same thing. No one to blame, but the consumer who takes it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users