100,000 plays on my race

88 replies to this topic
Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

You're talking about these races in general. Curly said that he used to hate them too but after playing some decent ones, is now not so close minded.
You on the other hand....

levi447
  • levi447

Rollin1Up

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

You're talking about these races in general. Curly said that he used to hate them too but after playing some decent ones, is now not so close minded.
You on the other hand....

Close minded? Whatever, I said what I said, and yes the majority that replied to this thread obviously dislike these styles of races and the way the OP came across. So whatever keep the sh*t rolling your not getting your so called point across to me about "close minded", obviously most everyone on the forums here don't care for this crap so it's whatever, end of it.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

OO's title does stick out because it says mine are the most played or w/e, dont that sound cocky/ignorant to you?

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

your not getting your so called point across to me about "close minded",

Funny that.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Levi if you don't like, don't comment simple ... 

This is not my type of race either, but appreciate that a creator was given to us to be creative with, the ramp in this race is just that, this type of race does no more harm to the creative community than a serious well thought out race does, i think the play count is proof enough that others also enjoy so I see no harm if people are enjoying a race ? unless you don't like others enjoying themself ? it looks like the name, description and picture show you what the race is all about so plenty of opportunities to deny invites or leave lobby. 

My personal feedback to creator would be to have that entire race as an end to an epic race, not just a straight run as thats the biggest issue here in my OWN opinion.

• Cuz05, Jobbo and GR Choke like this

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

OO's title does stick out because it says mine are the most played or w/e, dont that sound cocky/ignorant to you?

Of course but when reading the thread, the posts are reasonable enough.
What gets me with all the back and forth on these things is the pot and kettle angle.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:25 AM Edited by GR Choke, 07 July 2014 - 09:27 AM.

that is what i do with my races, make a short version and then a longer version

the short version a PTP race then the second a longer race with laps

EDIT @Cuz:

just wanted to know why he has not said anything on OO's thread about the cocky title
  • Cuz05 likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

Reading through this thread it reminds me of the whole Freeaim Vs Autoaim debate, the only difference is that I am on the opposite side of this one. (I am an autoaimer).

I think that those of you arguing that real races are better, straight lines are garbage, anyone can make this and the like are being pretty damn arrogant anddemeaning. Anyone who has seen me post would know that I like a good race track and prefer races rather than novelties...however, the numbers don't lie. It is pretty clear by looking at social club that racers in GTA are in the minority. The majority of players just want to unlock their upgrades. The easiest way to do this is short, simple, straight creations. That would get really boring though and thus people play things with these extreme ramps and craziness to liven it up.

These are facts, whether us racers like it or not the top played tracks are not the ones with thought out, challenging, race courses. The fact that the OP was able to see these facts and produce a track that meets the needs of that majority playerbase, and was liked enough that it was bookmarked and replayed all on its own to over 100,000 plays is impressive in its own right. I dare say that most of us here responding can't say that, and no matter how much you tell yourself that your race is better, which it may be, the numbers indicate that it isnt enjoyed by as many people.

That guy with the deathmatches...god damn...kudo's man...much impressed.

As for me, I have a race with 1.4 million plays. Unfortunately, when compared to the other tracks in its equivilent status it is still being handed its ass by those races that many of you here deem unworthy.

In my opinion some of us need an attitude check. Props to you OP for achieving something I have not.
/Tiphat.
  • MrCamo, Leeds-Monkey and hornedturtle like this

midders10
  • midders10

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

i did make 5 races on xbox

look at Massive Epic Mega Ramp and Maze Bank Mega Jump 2.

maze bank ramp was built using the first ramp as platform

Cheers, I've bookmarked the EMR n will have a look later.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hows this for proof of what I am saying...
http://socialclub.ro...and-Challenging

Need I say more?

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Reading through this thread it reminds me of the whole Freeaim Vs Autoaim debate, the only difference is that I am on the opposite side of this one. (I am an autoaimer).

I think that those of you arguing that real races are better, straight lines are garbage, anyone can make this and the like are being pretty damn arrogant anddemeaning. Anyone who has seen me post would know that I like a good race track and prefer races rather than novelties...however, the numbers don't lie. It is pretty clear by looking at social club that racers in GTA are in the minority. The majority of players just want to unlock their upgrades. The easiest way to do this is short, simple, straight creations. That would get really boring though and thus people play things with these extreme ramps and craziness to liven it up.

These are facts, whether us racers like it or not the top played tracks are not the ones with thought out, challenging, race courses. The fact that the OP was able to see these facts and produce a track that meets the needs of that majority playerbase, and was liked enough that it was bookmarked and replayed all on its own to over 100,000 plays is impressive in its own right. I dare say that most of us here responding can't say that, and no matter how much you tell yourself that your race is better, which it may be, the numbers indicate that it isnt enjoyed by as many people.

That guy with the deathmatches...god damn...kudo's man...much impressed.

As for me, I have a race with 1.4 million plays. Unfortunately, when compared to the other tracks in its equivilent status it is still being handed its ass by those races that many of you here deem unworthy.

In my opinion some of us need an attitude check. Props to you OP for achieving something I have not.
/Tiphat.

Two with 1 million each, and still getting my ass very graciously handed back by yours in terms of ratings I believe :S

Anyways, I wasn't really going to get involved in this thread as I do agree with many of the arguments forwarded by the "freeaimers" of the thread following your analogy. OP is clearly in need of a reality check given the way he presents his race, and refuses to aknowledge this thread as an attempt to feed his ego, though a failed one. By all means, I agree with your analysis of how the average player seem to be considering the racing aspect of the game, however the "freeaim" side seem to be growing as higher level players get bored with these repetitive, pretty straight forward races.

That being said I must correct myself, as the reason I DO get involved in the thread now is that OP didn't get a reality check. He didn't get praise, but damn you guys should be on Oprah or something! This thread contains more drama then every season of Jersey Shore put together! I've actually gone from wanting to hand OP his ass when I read the first post, to wanting to whoop every "freeaimers" ass in his defence... For the sake of this forum, I'm going to try to play Dr. Phil and mediate a little here, but I only have a faint hope it's actually gonna work.

To the OP:

You need to dose it down a bit here, the style of race you're showing is not new or original. Whether you use green or red containers, the race in itself, the jump, finishing in 35 seconds and the 100,000 plays is not in itself remotely interesting or original. It has been done before, and it has been done better. Where you see 36 hours as alot of time developing a race, the creative process in itself for a well thought-out and planned race often takes weeks. Granted, we can be working on more then one project simultaneously, but don't think that 36 hours is a long time for developing great, original content. Reaching a finished product often takes much, much longer. What is interesting is your process, that is worthy of a post, but the reason everyone else is bashing your brains in here is because that's not been the focus of your thread or title. The description and title of the race only confirms the fact that this is a rushed project, and people take great insult from your attitude. I believe with an apology for coming across like that, and showing some respect to their content, aknowledging the time and effort they have put into it you could all get along much better. It is understandable that you're stoked with all the attention your race have recieved, but right now you're coming across as a bit of an attention whore, because while you do not say it straight, your attitude seems to be demanding respect for your creation, and people don't really think you deserve it, as the concept is simply outdated, too simple and unoriginal.

To the haters:

Now you guys need to tone it down much more then OP as well. As I said, it's very understandable that you find OP arrogant here, he does come across like that, not just to you guys, but to me as well. However, the man just got 100,000 plays on his creation, I do believe any single one of you would be stoked about that if it had been your race. I don't think you would care too much if it was just something you had originally made just for you and your friends to mess around with, you would still be stoked. I believe alot of you are jealous of OP, and with some reason, as his race is clearly not the same quality you guys usually produce. However, having reviewed alot of YOUR creations in the Approved Races thread I can also say that alot of you often think too highly of your own creations as well. Hell, I've been in the same pit fall myself a few times, and the language you guys are using in your "reality check" towards OP is inexcusable. Imagine if we had been giving you guys the same type of criticism when reviewing your jobs? Reporting his job for being unoriginal? Are you serious? You can tell him it's not as great as he thinks without scaring him off forever! I'm pretty damn sure he's a very capable creator, and just needs some guidance here. The concept of having super ramps in itself isn't bad, why don't you try giving him some constructive feedback instead on how the job could be made more original? And heck, personally I think it's very interesting that he's experimenting with the creator, that's how we make progress! Whilst he's coming across as arrogant, you lot are coming across as whiny, jealous and petty. You are better then that! Grow up...

Personally, what I liked best in this thread, aside from the entertainment value, was the fact that OP provided a step by step guide on how to stack ramps like he did. If you are going to take anything away from this OP, I hope it's that. Next time, introduce us to your race through that step-by-step guide, aknowledge the fact that the race itself isn't very complicated, and that it might not be revolutionary and let people be their own judge of how interesting it is. Then you can mention the play count as a side note on the end, and I can guarantee you a much better reception from the Creator community. Hopefully, in the future, they will prove to you that what you saw here in this thread is not the norm, and that they can do better. And hopefully you both can come to an agreement where you can apologise to eachother, and learn from eachother instead of bickering like little children. (That last note is mostly directed towards the community here) I would greatly appreciate it if you would like to make some step-by-step guides on how you stack your ramps, with much less focus on the play count and more focus on what you are contributing with.

And having been a little strict myself in this post, I want to start off by apologizing if anyone feels offended. Now the ball is in your hands.

• Leeds-Monkey likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Pffft

:)

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

what is the arguement about FA Vs AA? the way i see it is that FA takes way more skill than AA

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Shhh don't start that off in here also !!

PS - I agree with you ;)

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

what is the arguement about FA Vs AA? the way i see it is that FA takes way more skill than AA

It's just an analogy as it's a very similar argument on this thread, that ended up spiralling out of control in the same way...

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

haha ok i will leave it be!

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

I dont have the patience to make these kinds of races, but my crew and i played this last night and really had fun with it. Nice work OP, but i agree the bragging is a bit much.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:08 AM Edited by GR Choke, 09 July 2014 - 02:10 AM.

it took me 6 hours straight to perfect a super ramp and the stacking of cabins in mid air, all that work has paid off

if you had 100k plays would you brag?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

it took me 6 hours straight to perfect a super ramp and the stacking cabins in mid air, all that work has paid off

I've been on forums long enough to say no I wouldn't :)

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

what you trying to say by that?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by hornedturtle, 09 July 2014 - 02:17 AM.

what you trying to say by that?

bragging on any forum is considered bad. it gives off the impression that you believe you are superior to others in the forum.

Luissantiago9
  • Luissantiago9

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

This map looks sick I'm added this map to my bookmarked jobs

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

MAINfella

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by PlamenVT, 09 July 2014 - 01:20 PM.

What can I say.. The general audience love those stupid jumps... Maybe it's Rockstar's fault for not allowing "legit" prop stacking. This makes big jump races a bit rare & time-consuming to make, therefore there's such a big fuss about them. 

From my 100+ creations I made only 1 which is a big ramp thing, was actually made as a foolish experiment nothing more.  "BIGGEST RAMP - Trials 3". Guess what - it also reached 100k community plays... 

I hosted it only few times, and it was actually meant to be played as Team GTA race only with friends (one person climbs the ramp, the other one shoots at the opponents with RPG).  Some youtubers found it and made a video, you know how it goes. 

I really despise the criteria of the general audience and the fact that such shallow concepts usually become popular, while the best jobs out there are struggling to get few hundred plays.  I have at least 60 better creations than this popular child of mine. 

Anyway, this doesn't prevents me from being proud (and even brag a little) of the fact that something of mine became "commercial hit". Yeah, it's simplistic garbage, but so what.. Let them kids have it  :lol:  

• G37 likes this

midders10
  • midders10

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

it took me 6 hours straight to perfect a super ramp and the stacking of cabins in mid air, all that work has paid off

I'm starting to get confused.  Whose race is this?  Leeds-Monkey or GR Choke and was it 6, 8 or 36 hours?  Or are we now on about another ramp race that GR has done with 100k plays?

Either way I tried it.  I got to the top in a couple of attempts with a zentorro (sp?).  Doesn't have replay value for me but that's just my preferences.  Think I know how you started it off but how have you flattened the construction fence or does that happen when you place it?

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Congrats!!

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by GR Choke, 10 July 2014 - 12:47 AM.

I'm starting to get confused.  Whose race is this?  Leeds-Monkey or GR Choke and was it 6, 8 or 36 hours?  Or are we now on about another ramp race that GR has done with 100k plays?

Either way I tried it.  I got to the top in a couple of attempts with a zentorro (sp?).  Doesn't have replay value for me but that's just my preferences.  Think I know how you started it off but how have you flattened the construction fence or does that happen when you place it?

LM's race, the 6 hours i was talking about was my race

Leeds-Monkey
  • Leeds-Monkey

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:07 PM Edited by Leeds-Monkey, 15 July 2014 - 08:12 PM.

just hit  200k

127k plays on all my race this month

http://gtaonlinestat.../communityplays

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

No one cares.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke