Quantcast

» «
Photo

Made $500K already today: where are you now, cash card skeptics?

162 replies to this topic
iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by iainspad, 05 July 2014 - 06:51 PM.

Ok, so it is an event weekend with bonuses, but I want to put it out there: I made over $500K in a few hours doing various jobs and a few playlists. I just want to say that as proof that making money in this game is not as difficult as people are making it out to be. I've made quite a chunk of cash in such timing, and yeah I could've got more, but when a 4 job playlist gets you around 3050K a pop it just shows it's not that hard.

With that money, I can buy a new car and upgrade it, or a high end property, or even make a bit more and get myself The Liberator. Grinding is one thing, but doing various tasks and opportunities gets you money. Hell, I'll even say the Assassination missions from Lester pay off, because every dollar counts in this game.

I may have bought cash cards before, but that doesn't make me better or lesser than anyone else. I mostly buy it for in-game financial assurance: just in case something f*cks up but really, it's because I'm a tight-fisted Scottish bastard (a lot of us are).

I'm saying this as proof that making dosh in GTAO is not that hard and the cash card conspiracies don't exist, just play the god damn game and become a tight-fisted rich arsehole.

5CFNisi.png
  • Luk38644, AndrewDeSanta, ivarblaauw and 6 others like this

cg1221
  • cg1221

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Are you coming in last on those playlists? I was on the losing teams one playlist and got like 40k, my second run through the playlist I was on the winning teams and got about 50k

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

PLOT TWIST... its 2X money weekend because of the event.

if it took you 4 hours to make 500k, it would take you 8 hours doing the same missions and playslist on a regular week.
  • tom_p1980, Coral_City, TheNumberOfTheBreast and 20 others like this

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

yea what carimbo said

• Kalel 813 likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Facade Corp. Human Resources

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by Winning001, 05 July 2014 - 07:00 PM.

Facepalm.jpg
2x money weekend

cg1221
  • cg1221

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

To be fair his point still stands though, RR is still quicker (albeit more boring)

• Luk38644, vipprimo, Lesbian_farts and 4 others like this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

Making money in Online is not hard it's f*cking boring. There are only like 4 fun missions in the game and deathmatches are too small.
  • SuperJude™, SirPhilMcKraken, TheNumberOfTheBreast and 12 others like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

if it took you 4 hours to make 500k, it would take you 8 hours doing the same missions and playslist on a regular week.

So what you've proven there is that it's possible to make a million a week by playing 2.5 hours a day, with money left over to pay for ammo, etc.

• djdest and dairyworker like this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

So what you've proven there is that it's possible to make a million a week by playing 2.5 hours a day, with money left over to pay for ammo, etc.

that's called grinding and is not fun

• TheNumberOfTheBreast, MilezDawg, Luk38644 and 8 others like this

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Facepalm.jpg   Facepalm.gif
2x money weekend

x0IVA55.gif

• tom_p1980, SirPhilMcKraken, Luk38644 and 11 others like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Only 2x money in the actual event playlist though

• iainspad likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

You're right, making money isn't that hard, but the cash card conspiracy does exist.

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

henryborked
  • henryborked

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

RR has become impossible to solo and even with others it's a bitch. Somebody inevitably blows up the docs. We should have double rp and dollar weekends every weekend!

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

This

The playlist nets you 61k if you win the dm capture and come in the top 3 in the races. And its fun and quick. But its double payment so its expected. The payouts are still too damn low

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by madmanaz, 05 July 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Just today alone I have made over 750k. I had less than $2500. That's right, 4 digits. I bought all the new clothes and had to buy new mixtures to be able to wear certain outfits together. I played Coveted on my 8x playlist twice and joined in random jobs on the regular voting screen. No one said a word. We played, we raced, we killed. $30,000 per survival if you beat the 10th round. Don't complain about ammo costs because ammo and armor are free all over the survival map.

I just drove to the Pier and watched the roller coaster while I bought my new Liberator. As soon as Merryweather texted saying it was mine I called it in and it landed in all of it's Star Spangled Glory right next to the ramp where that puny sand kind usually is.

To repeat the point OP made 33 times: it really isn't hard to make money in this game if you sit down and focus a little.

If you find yourself getting angry at other players: join a fresh lobby, gently set down your controller, step outside and let out one long and blood curdling "fuuuuuuuuuuuu*k". Come back, the new lobby is loaded and you're ready to go.
  • strakan7, iainspad and GrandTheftRobbo like this

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

For a few hours 500K is still not that much money.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 05 July 2014 - 07:51 PM.

What people don't understand is GTA O has been made in a similar way to an MMO. You're supposed to take the time to earn the money rather than get money easily and have everything in about 5 days. I mean, the simple fact that it's called GTA Online and not GTA V online or GTA V multiplayer tells us it might carry over, though I doubt this with the way glitches have basically f*cked the economy. Not to mention we probably wont hear about the next GTA for another 3 years.

If it was as easy as everyone wants then people would have everything they want in a matter of days on something that has to last at least another 5-7 years until the next game comes out. Not to mention, if GTA O does carry over for just one game that's 10-14 years it has to last.

If people want a game where they get almost everything in a matter of days GTA is no longer that game. I believe a certain overrated FPS can cater to those that do want to get everything in a matter of days. Better yet, there's always GTA IV.

• Daniel_B, Luk38644, ModderX and 5 others like this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

The double $ is only for new jobs.

not really
  • not really

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

yo bro how much did you pay for this biker cut+moustache combination?you got it from herr&kutz or the other gay barber near richards majestic?

Mlevi
  • Mlevi

Rat

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

How much does winning a playlist pay? I have never finished as number one so I just wonder if it gives extra cash

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

You're right, making money isn't too hard especially if you're committed to putting in hours of gameplay.

My issue isn't with the difficulty making money, it's the monotony, and repetitiveness.

We need more intricate missions. 

I have no issue making money since I'm hooked on a Capture job called "Dogfighting

• iainspad and gorskiegangsta like this

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

What people don't understand is GTA O has been made in a similar way to an MMO. You're supposed to take the time to earn the money rather than get money easily and have ...............blah blah blah blah

• Lilliex1 likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

How much does winning a playlist pay? I have never finished as number one so I just wonder if it gives extra cash

I won all four jobs on the double rp playlist this morning and got 70k. If you win some lose some you get like 40k.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

The cash card theory is true! The proofs are RR and Coveted! They made those missions harder to slow down the farming and rise the temptation to get cash cards.

• TheNumberOfTheBreast, Luk38644, Lesbian_farts and 3 others like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:19 PM Edited by iainspad, 05 July 2014 - 08:21 PM.

Facepalm.jpg
2x money weekend

Not true; only the weekend playlist. All other jobs have the same limited payoff.

Are you coming in last on those playlists? I was on the losing teams one playlist and got like 40k, my second run through the playlist I was on the winning teams and got about 50k

I think it depends on how many people are involved in a job, especially races. I played a three person playlist (the event one) and came first, got around 40K. Came third in the same playlist with 8 people, but got the same result. Thought this was only because I came first in in an 8 person bike race and got a whopping 20K payout, other jobs gave small change for a person lower in the list,

For a few hours 500K is still not that much money.

It's more than I've earned before if I'm honest, without grinding. Grinding can make a massive payoff but it somewhat kills the game for me.

If I see a friend doing RR or something, I take it as opportunity knocking and take it, but not grind it. I played with my friend (WildeThang) earlier this week and we made over 100K each over various jobs, no grinding, which proves even small jobs can make a payoff if you accumulate it, ever dollar counts.

Wraith of Vern
  • Wraith of Vern

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

d5UUeV8.gif

• ScuM Inc and Awesom-0 like this

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

RR has become impossible to solo and even with others it's a bitch.

Not impossible to solo RR
  • ~TKP~, BigBrother67 and gorskiegangsta like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Yeah OP what are you playing cuz if you are in the independent playlist, its 2X.....

Also, people aren't happy with the payouts because of the ridiculously priced items like clothing and vehicle upgrades in particular. Making money isn't hard.

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Yeah OP what are you playing cuz if you are in the independent playlist, its 2X.....
Also, people aren't happy with the payouts because of the ridiculously priced items like clothing and vehicle upgrades in particular. Making money isn't hard.

It isn't hard if you figure out what are your wants and needs. i.e. Should I buy and modify a car for my own luxury or a car for my own luxury and can help me win races? Because modifying cars is expensive, as other materials in this game, so choose carefully.

Hylskriksen
  • Hylskriksen

Prankster

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by morrami2000, 05 July 2014 - 09:05 PM.

RR has become impossible to solo

Horsesh*t. Its actually very easy. Just need a vest and tactic that works, thats all. Dont even need explosives if you have a rifle and assault shotgun.

The pro's deal more damage than before, ill give you that....

• JetsRLove likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users