If you won $1 billion

87 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

Buy a house, ps4, flat screen and live comfortably the rest of my days.

If you had a billion dollars, why would you limit yourself to just a PS4?

Having Lamborghini's in my driveway is too much for me. (I'd rather rent them)

I feel the simpler my life is even with lots of money the happier I'll be.

Why would you limit yourself to just Lamborghini's if you were a billionaire anyway? Build a classic car collection, I dunno' something.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Oh my god, I'd buy a Toyota Supra, can't believe that slipped my mind. Customize that thing to make it look and feel like it's a 2014 model xD

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

For a start, put at least half into savings, to gain interest and to avoid spending it all and becoming broke. Then I'd help out family with debt etc, as I'm sure that wouldn't delv too much into the £500mil. Then buy them nice things. And I'd buy myself a nice house probably not a mansion as such as they feel a bit cold to me, a nice reasonably large house near a town and with a massive garage/field or something. Then I'd go apesh*t buying cars and stuff. A Murcielago SV or two, 4Cs, you name it. Perhaps some classics as a kind of investment. And a private concert by Paramore :)

Damnit. Since the chances of winning that amount are slim pickings, I need to get inventing... 

• Revenge of the Donut likes this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Buy a house, ps4, flat screen and live comfortably the rest of my days.

If you had a billion dollars, why would you limit yourself to just a PS4?

Having Lamborghini's in my driveway is too much for me. (I'd rather rent them)

I feel the simpler my life is even with lots of money the happier I'll be.

Why would you limit yourself to just Lamborghini's if you were a billionaire anyway? Build a classic car collection, I dunno' something.

Well by 'Lamborghin's' I was implying supercars in general. Nah building a collection of supercars isn't my thing. Although I will try and test drive as many as I can.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

First of all I'd lock all my doors and windows and then pass out from shock. I definitely wouldn't be the type go public and reveal I'd become so ridiculously rich (assuming this is a lottery win). I'd probably be too scared to do anything at first, in all reality. You'd become paranoid and I have literally no idea what I'd do first, but I'd be worrying about it as well as hysterically laughing constantly, and it would involve a lot of planning and spreadsheets I imagine.

The most important thing with this much money for me would be paying off my debts and helping out family/friends first of all. I'd then probably have a two week relaxing holiday just to absorb it all. Then I'd go on to buy a nice big home and fill it with materialistic stuff like a huge TV and other electronics, gadgets, technology, sauna, home gym, pool etc. Meanwhile, plan ways to invest the money to put it good use and also give some to a few different charities and donate to local causes. 

• johnny_zoo, MGT86, Edwin and 1 other like this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:42 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 10 July 2014 - 09:43 AM.

Buy about 500 smoking hot Eastern European women and a massive mansion and continue Rocco Siffredi's legacy.

• johnny_zoo and A J like this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by johnny_zoo, 10 July 2014 - 11:18 AM.

Buy about 500 smoking hot Eastern European women and a massive mansion and continue Rocco Siffredi's legacy.

Make 100 of those Polish and count me in.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

I honestly have no idea what to do with so much money. I'd probably try to not tell anyone about it, except my family and give them a few million Euros. I myself wouldn't buy a whole lot, to be honest - a big house, a somewhat expensive SUV and maybe a sport car, a 4K TV, and some gaming systems (a better PC, PS4, Xbox One, etc.). Oh, and I would love to travel around the world, too. But that's it, really. The rest of the money would be used to help those that are poor and don't have much money for any kind of luxury - or, more importantly, those that can't even afford food, new clothes, etc.

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:18 PM Edited by LSSDLSPD, 10 July 2014 - 02:24 PM.

I'd buy a bus....

6360715963_ab75d269a9_z.jpg

Crazy huh?

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:49 AM

I'll tell you what, first off I'd be getting out of this hell hole I currently live in. You can believe that.

• Revenge of the Donut likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

Disappear from my current life and life several different ones across the years. Like spend one year in China working with whatever, then disappear and go to Italy to work with something completely unrelated, meeting all kinds of people in the process and changing my identity every time.

No-scope=NO_HOPE!!
  • No-scope=NO_HOPE!!

Mid-Tier Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:32 AM Edited by No-scope=NO_HOPE!!, 11 July 2014 - 04:20 AM.

Buy a fleet of fighter jets...

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

I'd get my own place on the coast of California probably in Sacramento. Then I'd buy myself several dream cars, some examples Nissan GTR, 2014 Corvette Stingray, Lancia Stratos, and of course Ford Pinto.

Then I'd get my family something nice, maybe get everyone THEIR dream cars.

I'd put the rest of it in the bank, but use a bit to put myself through college in case that 1 billion isn't enough to last forever.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

I'd get my own place on the coast of California probably in Sacramento. Then I'd buy myself several dream cars, some examples Nissan GTR, 2014 Corvette Stingray, Lancia Stratos, and of course Ford Pinto.

Then I'd get my family something nice, maybe get everyone THEIR dream cars.

I'd put the rest of it in the bank, but use a bit to put myself through college in case that 1 billion isn't enough to last forever.

I love California to death but the only reason I'd choose not to live there is because I'm too scared a big earthquake will happen. And I'd never buy a house in the hills far from the city due to my fear of wildfires. I know those natural disasters don't happen all of the time over there but I'd be afraid of them happening whilst I'm there.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:55 AM Edited by ryan_J, 11 July 2014 - 04:55 AM.

The day I won it I'd fly somewhere completely off the radar and just chill for about a month just to take life in. No speaking to family or friends, just complete alone time to think. Certainly no luxury living! After that month I'd buy a house for around 10,000,000 and move in everything I wanted including new car(s), family and furniture as well as any renovation work that needs to be done. I'd then use my mansion fortress as a base to set out ways of investing money in such a way that no one in my family for generations to come has to worry about money ever! I'd then put aside the money that I'll need for myself and the rest of my direct family need to live a luxurious life until we all pass away. The remaining 500 or so million would go to personal charity work that I'd be operating myself. 

• Sting4S likes this

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

I'd go nuts.

:panic:

No seriously; I'd probably lose my friggin' mind. 

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Donate it to the Republican Party.

OT-

-Buy a couple houses in America preferably in Texas, Nevada, Boston and New Jersey (Maybe New Hampshire)

-Buy 2 Rolls Royce Phantoms, Cavalcade Escalade, Ford F450 and F500, Bentley Continental GT, A couple classics, Mercedes Benz S-63 AMG

-Give $100-&110 million to parents

-Buy a private jet

-Open a bank account in the Cayman Islands

-Invest in stocks

-Buy a penthouse or two in NY

-Host a dinner for all living US Presidents

That's all I can think of for now.

MGT86
  • MGT86

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Pretty boring for me, i would buy a few nice things and a really nice house but then the rest mostly just save and invest.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Cavalcade Escalade,

Ew, why? Unless it's the new one.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

I'd probably give at least 90% away. Nobody needs a billion. Not that I need 100 million either (10% of a billion), but I doubt anybody is going to blame me for keeping just 10%. :p

I'd invest most of it in gold so that the value doesn't drop, and then go crazy spending my money. Crazy by my standards, that money would easily last me a lifetime of crazy spending. First thing I would buy is a nice house here (Holland), and a nice house in some tropical climate. Then I'd buy a matte black Alfa Romeo 159 with chrome wheels, a quad, a motorcycle and a boat. Oh, and a sh*tload of high quality hash. I'd probably have at least some 98 million left after that. :p

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'd probably give at least 90% away. Nobody needs a billion. Not that I need 100 million either (10% of a billion), but I doubt anybody is going to blame me for keeping just 10%. :p

I'd invest most of it in gold so that the value doesn't drop, and then go crazy spending my money. Crazy by my standards, that money would easily last me a lifetime of crazy spending. First thing I would buy is a nice house here (Holland), and a nice house in some tropical climate. Then I'd buy a matte black Alfa Romeo 159 with chrome wheels, a quad, a motorcycle and a boat. Oh, and a sh*tload of high quality hash. I'd probably have at least some 98 million left after that. :p

Probably just $90 million.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Probably just $90 million.

Just depends on how much I spend on the houses. Anyway, 90 million is more than I would ever need too.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

I'd buy fertile land, and grow food, then I'd buy a big boat, with a huge refrigerator and sail off to Africa and help to feed anyone starving.

More locally, I'd put money towards funding training centres for dogs that help blind people, but I'd like to be involved and would invest my time in puppy training.

I'd also try to set up healthy food banks for disadvantaged chav children, I hate nothing more than to see kids being raised and fed badly by stupid, lazy parents.

I'd also pay for horse riding lessons, I've always wanted to ride horses. 

I'd buy nice houses in the rural countryside, and make them affordable for local people who want to buy them, and not just rich towns or retired people.

I would eat in expensive, and pretentious restaurants, and for once not be afraid of how much the meal costs.

• CenMan, G D and Revenge of the Donut like this

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Fuel injected suicide machine

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by Revenge of the Donut, 17 July 2014 - 11:17 PM.

Go celebrate at some posh resteraunt with the family, after that start handing some out to people I care about, have some homeless shelters built, donate to causes for the disabled, poor, etc.

I'd also like to start a resteraunt of my own based on my own personal tastes, the food would be decent and wages would be decent for the waiters/chefs (cause hey! I can afford to be generous, no excuse to be a tight a** boss when you're a billionaire.)

I'd buy a nice cottage/bungalow in the country or possibly somewhere near the coast with a nice garden (Devon or something.) I'd install a gym room, then I'd have no excuse not to excersise.

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

1.Buy a PS4

2.Buy a XBOX one

3.Buy a game capture so i can record for youtube

4.Buy games so i can play them to do videos for youtube.

5.Buy important stuff for family

6.Put the rest in the bank

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

1 billion so that is $1,000,000,000

A boeing 747-8 BBJ starts at around $270 million and it doen't even come with paint. Screw that I buy my own paint and paint it myself.

A 787 BBJ is around $160 or I can get a fully decked out 737 for $80 million.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

1 billion so that is $1,000,000,000

A boeing 747-8 BBJ starts at around $270 million and it doen't even come with paint. Screw that I buy my own paint and paint it myself.

A 787 BBJ is around $160 or I can get a fully decked out 737 for $80 million.

http://www.earthporm...iddle-of-woods/

i would want to do that with a plane like that

i have no friends to fly around : (

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

No original answer. Nice cosy place to live, a nice car..

Subscribe to some animal related charity's. I'm not the most materialistic person in the world, so I wouldn't know what to do with it really.

Hell I can't even spend my 1,8 billion on GTA 5. I'd give a lot of it to people I like, that would value it much more than I ever could.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users