Quantcast

» «
Photo

Guess what Gta: City Stories could be

58 replies to this topic
Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Claude doesn't belong to or have royalty to a family or gang. He doesn't speak, so he doesn't whine or complain. He always felt tougher than Tommy, and eventually Toni and Vic. There's a mystery to him that CJ doesn't have.

If you're talking his performance as an avatar, then you have to blame Rockstar rather than any flaw in his character.

Man... don't defend him. I hate how he has cut his ties with everyone. He is a disloyal dick. I just hate how he has no backstory. He was one of the really worst written protags ever.

Sure, I'll totally give up on valid points because some guy on GTA forums wants me to.

GTA III came out in 2001. What games were you playing in 2001? I was playing Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine, and the most popular shooter based game was still Goldeneye 64. These weren't games with heavy plots or character development. Claude didn't speak because Rockstar didn't have to or see the need to have a talking protagonist, and there wasn't a need for a backstory at that point.

But let's evaluate some great protagonists who don't have backstories or extensive ones:

- Mario, one of the most recognized and iconic figures in gaming.

- Blondie, Clint Eastwood's character in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. His characters in Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, and Highplains Drifter feature little to no backstory. These are some of the most iconic characters in cinema.

- Dante: If you read Dante's Inferno, you'll find almost no motivation for Dante to descend to Hell and no history as to why he's visiting Hell. There are theories, and there are other texts in the Divine Comedy, but Dante is largely a pawn in the plot. He's a means to get from point A to point B.

- Satan: If you read the Torah, or the Old Testament, you'll find little to no background on one of our most iconic religious figures. Much of what modern society and culture thinks they know about Satan, or Lucifer, comes from texts like Paradise Lost. In fact, much of what we "know" about Satan is conjecture. For instance, there is no mention of Satan or Lucifer in Genesis when the serpent enters the Garden. Christians interpret this as Satan, but it never says that it is Satan. Hebrews/Jews often assume that the serpent is God, and that Satan is just God's second personality.

Claude doesn't need a backstory to be a good protagonist or iconic in video gaming. The "good" part is purely subjective, and you can disagree all you want. However, Claude is an iconic protagonist, and probably moreso than CJ, purely because III broke so much ground.

Dude, just stop. I will never tolerate Claude, not mention liking him.

Great. I don't care if you don't like him or not. You can't argue that he's a weak protagonist based on the evidence you presented, though.

Oh man, then why do you even bother? Can't I just hate him for no big reason?

No offence,but,Honestly, you're fanboy-ing Yakuza too much... Claude was a misterious protagonist ,making him become more interesting

Remember,he is a mercenary,he doesn't care about the respect, or about people's fate...

And you are fanboying Claude too much... just live your lives and stop giving a f*ck about my opinions, geez...

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

I liked Claude but if I am correct, couldn't he have killed Catalina in the opening cut scene as he still had his gun (I think he had?).

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Serpent Ruled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

What is the obsession with CJ? He's the weakest protagonist of the 3D era.

Not really...

Claude's the worst actually.

But yeah, he won't return so.

Yeah, nostalgia or not, Claude was the most god-awful protagonist there was hands down. And CJ is up in like the top 3 so I dunno what you're talking about. We got great history with him unlike most of the other main characters in other GTAs.

Autism speaks

Wow you newbies to this forum can't take criticism too good can you? You need to loosen up. If you are arguing with me that Claude is one of the best protagonists, you are a clown.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

What is the obsession with CJ? He's the weakest protagonist of the 3D era.

Not really...

Claude's the worst actually.

But yeah, he won't return so.

Yeah, nostalgia or not, Claude was the most god-awful protagonist there was hands down. And CJ is up in like the top 3 so I dunno what you're talking about. We got great history with him unlike most of the other main characters in other GTAs.

Autism speaks

Wow you newbies to this forum can't take criticism too good can you? You need to loosen up. If you are arguing with me that Claude is one of the best protagonists, you are a clown.

Damn straight. Some people here just are like this:
"Clawd n da Leone mobztarz r da bezt peepz in da seriez!!! if u hate dem i hate u n keel u."

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

I liked Claude but if I am correct, couldn't he have killed Catalina in the opening cut scene as he still had his gun (I think he had?).

Perhaps, but he was shot with a shotgun, and the camera shows him blacking out.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

What? He was shot by two pistols.

Hot_STUFF
  • Hot_STUFF

I'll kill ya

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Come back to the topic guys. I think Gta city stories will most likely be an extention. Jeansowaty i agree with you. Claude is the WORST.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

You're right. The Columbian who shoots the camera uses a shotgun.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Claude was the one who shot the camera with the shotgun.

2:09

OT: I think "x Stories" could work for a GTA 5 DLC that takes place in a smaller town, like "Paleto Bay Stories" if the plot would revolve around rednecks, chicken factory workers and other Paleto Bay folk, as with "Davis Stories" if the plot would revolve around gangbangers. Not unless they go with a flashy name like the did with TBOGT or TLAD.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

On the topic of Claude getting shot, Ghost Town Stories?

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

On the topic of Claude getting shot, Ghost Town Stories?

That could work. Or better yet, make it a literal ghost town. Johnny and Vic doing missions for Catalina and Tenpenny? Spooky indeed!

• ClaudX likes this

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

Claude was the one who shot the camera with the shotgun.

2:09

OT: I think "x Stories" could work for a GTA 5 DLC that takes place in a smaller town, like "Paleto Bay Stories" if the plot would revolve around rednecks, chicken factory workers and other Paleto Bay folk, as with "Davis Stories" if the plot would revolve around gangbangers. Not unless they go with a flashy name like the did with TBOGT or TLAD.

...best served cold.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

...best served cold.

Just because I corrected one of your mistakes? Man, you just can't let go.

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

...best served cold.

You're truly dim. I don't mind being wrong about something silly like that. I haven't paid attention to that intro in years. I told you to not respond to anymore of my posts, and I am simply reminding you about ... a dish best served cold.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

...best served cold.

You're truly dim. I don't mind being wrong about something silly like that. I haven't paid attention to that intro in years. I told you to not respond to anymore of my posts, and I am simply reminding you about ... a dish best served cold.

And you threaten people when they correct mistakes you make? This here's a public forum, you've got as much of a right to reply to my posts as I do to yours. You don't have to threaten to hack me or burn my house down or whatever you're meaning by that.

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

...best served cold.

And you threaten people when they correct mistakes you make? This here's a public forum, you've got as much of a right to reply to my posts as I do to yours. You don't have to threaten to hack me or burn my house down or whatever you're meaning by that.

Will you stop being so stupid? I never threatened you for correcting me about Claude and the shotgun.

Can you not read? Do you have trouble finishing paragraphs? Do you frequently reread sentences? I'm reminding you that I don't want you to continue to respond to my posts. I don't care if it's a public forum. I asked you not to, and I told you there will be consequences for your continued ignorance.

Do I need to clarify it anymore, or do I need to draw it in diagram form?

You = idiot.

You annoy me.

You call me twat.

You generalize an entire area like the idiot you are.

I warn you to stop. You persist.

I intially wash my hands of you, then you carry on in another thread.

I tell you that revenge is a dish best served cold, and you assume I'm going to do something amateur like hack you or burn your house down because of your limited imagination.

You PM me asking me what I mean, and I clarify that I will not tell you nor will I discuss it, and you attempt to learn my identity through Skype.

I asked you to not respond to my posts, because it will only be worse for you later on. ...dish best served cold.

You continue to respond.

I'm kind of curious how you would react in a real life situation. If a guy with large muscles tells you to shut up, do you ask him why, or do you shut up?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

I'll put all I'm gonna address to that in a spoiler as not to derail the thread, like you did with the Carcer City HD thing.

Spoiler

So to get the ball back rolling from that southern-fried derail, I'm thinking that "X Stories" will be the name for following story DLCs focusing around new playable characters, that is if rockstar goes that route.

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

I'll put all I'm gonna address to that in a spoiler as not to derail the thread, like you did with the Carcer City HD thing.

Spoiler

So to get the ball back rolling from that southern-fried derail, I'm thinking that "X Stories" will be the name for following story DLCs focusing around new playable characters, that is if rockstar goes that route.

You're digging yourself deeper, too.

As I said, you make yourself look like a fool. See, you have what is referred to as the Dunning-Kruger effect. It could just be autism, but I think you're just unable to see how messed up you really are.

But, Phil, I advise you to stop replying. I'm keeping my cool here. I'm reminding you, a dish best served cold. Eventually, it may sink in.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

But, Phil, I advise you to stop replying. I'm keeping my cool here. I'm reminding you, a dish best served cold. Eventually, it may sink in.

I really fail to see how autism has to do with it but alright.

It's not a matter of me not replying altogether to your posts, but rather how you're handling it. I correct you by saying Claude shot the security camera, not a cartel member, and you fly off the handle, eventually derailing this thread into a tailspin and my attempt on rerailing it has failed, thanks to your nonsensical post generalizing autism (I can't generalize the south, but you can do it to diseases?) and, per usual, jumping over all the valid points I made just to make yourself look even more foolish, speaking of, you fail to say how I'm the one looking like a fool.

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

I really fail to see how autism has to do with it but alright.

It's not a matter of me not replying altogether to your posts, but rather how you're handling it. I correct you by saying Claude shot the security camera, not a cartel member, and you fly off the handle, eventually derailing this thread into a tailspin and my attempt on rerailing it has failed, thanks to your nonsensical post generalizing autism (I can't generalize the south, but you can do it to diseases?) and, per usual, jumping over all the valid points I made just to make yourself look even more foolish, speaking of, you fail to say how I'm the one looking like a fool.

*Facepalm*

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

gIZv6.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

Alright, let's get this back on track:

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

i don't think there's going to be any Stories game soon. they bought the name right for that just so other people/companies don't make copycat games under that name.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

i don't think there's going to be any Stories game soon. they bought the name right for that just so other people/companies don't make copycat games under that name.

Ah, that's smart, especially considering "Crime City Stories" or whatever those cheap GTA knockoff games are out now.

waymuu
  • waymuu

#Titebond

• Members
  • Martinique

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:56 AM Edited by waymuu, 14 July 2014 - 01:56 AM.

gIZv6.gif

fJOumCf.gif

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:59 AM Edited by Bucky914, 14 July 2014 - 02:03 AM.

Phil, I'm going to say one more thing, and then I'm out.

Anyway, Phil, I truly believe that you must be mentally handicapped in some form, so I'm going to let you simmer for a while. Like I said, it'll be a year, two, or more. You'll forget all about me, and then it will happen. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is, so don't bother asking or guessing. It's perfectly legal, and it's going to get you real good.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by universetwisters, 14 July 2014 - 02:16 AM.

Anyway, Phil, I truly believe that you must be mentally handicapped in some form, so I'm going to let you simmer for a while. Like I said, it'll be a year, two, or more. You'll forget all about me, and then it will happen. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is, so don't bother asking or guessing. It's perfectly legal, and it's going to get you real good.

You keep failing to prove I'm mentally handicapped and all the points I bring up, you end up jumping over because you know they're valid points. Out of all the points I made in this thread alone, you managed to ignore the bulk of them. Well done. And I highly don't think whatever you're going to do is "legal", considering you done went and blackmailed my buddy a few posts up. But nah, I know you're not gonna address this. You're never going to address any valid points I make, regardless of how on topic I keep it. It'll always be the same personal attacks that derail the thread, all because I generalized the white trash cespit known as the "American South", and as I said before (that you managed to ignore), you're throwing a fit over me generalizing the south on a forum about a video game whose humor comes from generalizing locales and cultures.

Good job, again.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:57 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 15 July 2014 - 04:12 AM.

"City Stories" makes it sound like there will be multiple cities, so I think this is going to be for GTAO. It'll probably start with Liberty City and work its way down. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

"City Stories" makes it sound like there will be multiple cities, so I think this is going to be for GTAO. It'll probably start with Liberty City and work its way down. 

Or multiple stories within a city, like how in LCS they had the story of Toni and that Yakuza chick, the Leone-Sindacco feud, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users