Guess what Gta: City Stories could be

58 replies to this topic
Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

So R* recently purchased the Gta: City Stories trademark. Any guesses what it could be about? The next Gta? Expansion of Gta 5? Im betting on the latter.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

GTA: Paleto Bay City Stories

You play as a humble marijuana farmer who has to defend his plants from other local marijuana farmers. If you try to leave the area, you burn alive.

• theGTAking101, ssbawesome, Pyroshox and 3 others like this

XisPlz88
  • XisPlz88

Emperor of Rome

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

It was revealed sometime a couple of weeks ago, that Carl Johnson (His Voice Actor, Young Maley was a cousin of Franklin's Voice Actor, who voiced one of the Gang Members from GTA SA (Franklin's Voice Actor) would return (There are lots of references, and mentions of Grove Street becoming OGs, and Business People after leaving Grove Street, and it was revealed they were the biggest Families Group until they left and the Chamberlain Families took it's place) So Carl Johnson may return along with the Hydra, Grove Street Families, The Jetpack and Gang Wars (most likely the new story update) even though Rock* has stated that the HD and 3D Universes are different, and not in the same universe, although Rockstar have been known to change their mind

• theGTAking101 likes this

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

It was revealed sometime a couple of weeks ago, that Carl Johnson (His Voice Actor, Young Maley was a cousin of Franklin's Voice Actor, who voiced one of the Gang Members from GTA SA (Franklin's Voice Actor) would return (There are lots of references, and mentions of Grove Street becoming OGs, and Business People after leaving Grove Street, and it was revealed they were the biggest Families Group until they left and the Chamberlain Families took it's place) So Carl Johnson may return along with the Hydra, Grove Street Families, The Jetpack and Gang Wars (most likely the new story update) even though Rock* has stated that the HD and 3D Universes are different, and not in the same universe, although Rockstar have been known to change their mind

I hope so...

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

You play as a humble marijuana farmer who has to defend his plants from other local marijuana farmers. If you try to leave the area, you burn alive.

Better yet, GTA: Online Stories. You play as a meth head looking online character, and you have to play it, or the disc will burn and crash your system 

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

This is the most improbable, and IMO worst, idea I've read so far. What is everyone's obsession with having Franklin and Carl working side by side?
  • Jeansowaty and CasualSergiu like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 07 July 2014 - 02:00 PM.

This is the most improbable, and IMO worst, idea I've read so far. What is everyone's obsession with having Franklin and Carl working side by side?

I agree. But the thing that frustrates me most is that CJ will never return to the damn HD universe!! Every single time I look at a thread that has something to do with the GTA franchise, there is always gunna be some idiot saying ''CJ is going to return to LS and be back in the gang with Franklin!!!!!'' It also ties with alot of people not knowing that 3D universe has sh*t to do with the HD universe, and they are never gunna combine!

• Jeansowaty and CasualSergiu like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

I agree. But the thing that frustrates me most is that CJ will never return to the damn HD universe!! Every single time I look at a thread that has something to do with the GTA franchise, there is always gunna be some idiot saying ''CJ is going to return to LS and be back in the gang with Franklin!!!!!'' It also ties with alot of people not knowing that 3D universe has sh*t to do with the HD universe, and they are never gunna combine!

This 100%.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

What is the obsession with CJ? He's the weakest protagonist of the 3D era.

• CasualSergiu likes this

Loc14
  • Loc14

King of Los Santos

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

Not really...

Claude's the worst actually.

But yeah, he won't return so.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

Not really...

Indeed. Claude's the worst protag in the 3D Universe, but he's followed by CJ. Even a fall from 2 meters would kill CJ or take some health away from Claude, Niko wouldn't even have to trip when falling down.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Claude doesn't belong to or have royalty to a family or gang. He doesn't speak, so he doesn't whine or complain. He always felt tougher than Tommy, and eventually Toni and Vic. There's a mystery to him that CJ doesn't have.

If you're talking his performance as an avatar, then you have to blame Rockstar rather than any flaw in his character.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

Claude doesn't belong to or have royalty to a family or gang. He doesn't speak, so he doesn't whine or complain. He always felt tougher than Tommy, and eventually Toni and Vic. There's a mystery to him that CJ doesn't have.

If you're talking his performance as an avatar, then you have to blame Rockstar rather than any flaw in his character.

Man... don't defend him. I hate how he has cut his ties with everyone. He is a disloyal dick. I just hate how he has no backstory. He was one of the really worst written protags ever.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Man... don't defend him. I hate how he has cut his ties with everyone. He is a disloyal dick. I just hate how he has no backstory. He was one of the really worst written protags ever.

Unfortunately I think Franklin was the most poorly written protag in the series. He is neither the worst protagonist nor a bad one, but I think the thing that leads me see this way is that Franklin wasn't paid enough attention, he was overshadowed by his meth tweaker, comic relief "redneck"ish friend with anger issues, and his miserable, rich, successful mentor. If Franklin would be paid enough attention and given more curtain call, opportunities, I think I would have thought differently.

I second this. Now please stop with this unbelievable sh*t! "CJ will be back on the set!!!!! Gonna base jump, scuba diving, ride bikes and take over the LS with Franklin!!!!1!!!1!"... Come on, think reasonably. Probably, now CJ is sipping his wine while enjoying his stacks on his investments while doing nothing but getting his dick wet. Also, like Phoenix sh*t says: 3D universe and HD universe have no relatable sh*t. So this "CJ and Frank gonna take over the world" thing is nothing but an utopia covered with fully loaded Micro SMGs, fancy cars, baseball caps and parachutes, scuba diving, exploding sh*t up... Wait this sounds like "Die Hard" fancied with some gangsta thang and a bit "James Bond" inspiration, more than a superficial GTA scenario.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Sure, I'll totally give up on valid points because some guy on GTA forums wants me to.

GTA III came out in 2001. What games were you playing in 2001? I was playing Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine, and the most popular shooter based game was still Goldeneye 64. These weren't games with heavy plots or character development. Claude didn't speak because Rockstar didn't have to or see the need to have a talking protagonist, and there wasn't a need for a backstory at that point.

But let's evaluate some great protagonists who don't have backstories or extensive ones:

- Mario, one of the most recognized and iconic figures in gaming.

- Blondie, Clint Eastwood's character in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. His characters in Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, and Highplains Drifter feature little to no backstory. These are some of the most iconic characters in cinema.

- Dante: If you read Dante's Inferno, you'll find almost no motivation for Dante to descend to Hell and no history as to why he's visiting Hell. There are theories, and there are other texts in the Divine Comedy, but Dante is largely a pawn in the plot. He's a means to get from point A to point B.

- Satan: If you read the Torah, or the Old Testament, you'll find little to no background on one of our most iconic religious figures. Much of what modern society and culture thinks they know about Satan, or Lucifer, comes from texts like Paradise Lost. In fact, much of what we "know" about Satan is conjecture. For instance, there is no mention of Satan or Lucifer in Genesis when the serpent enters the Garden. Christians interpret this as Satan, but it never says that it is Satan. Hebrews/Jews often assume that the serpent is God, and that Satan is just God's second personality.

Claude doesn't need a backstory to be a good protagonist or iconic in video gaming. The "good" part is purely subjective, and you can disagree all you want. However, Claude is an iconic protagonist, and probably moreso than CJ, purely because III broke so much ground.

• Dope_0110 likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

Sure, I'll totally give up on valid points because some guy on GTA forums wants me to.

GTA III came out in 2001. What games were you playing in 2001? I was playing Animal Crossing, Mario Sunshine, and the most popular shooter based game was still Goldeneye 64. These weren't games with heavy plots or character development. Claude didn't speak because Rockstar didn't have to or see the need to have a talking protagonist, and there wasn't a need for a backstory at that point.

But let's evaluate some great protagonists who don't have backstories or extensive ones:

- Blondie, Clint Eastwood's character in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. His characters in Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, and Highplains Drifter feature little to no backstory. These are some of the most iconic characters in cinema.

- Dante: If you read Dante's Inferno, you'll find almost no motivation for Dante to descend to Hell and no history as to why he's visiting Hell. There are theories, and there are other texts in the Divine Comedy, but Dante is largely a pawn in the plot. He's a means to get from point A to point B.

- Satan: If you read the Torah, or the Old Testament, you'll find little to no background on one of our most iconic religious figures. Much of what modern society and culture thinks they know about Satan, or Lucifer, comes from texts like Paradise Lost. In fact, much of what we "know" about Satan is conjecture. For instance, there is no mention of Satan or Lucifer in Genesis when the serpent enters the Garden. Christians interpret this as Satan, but it never says that it is Satan. Hebrews/Jews often assume that the serpent is God, and that Satan is just God's second personality.

Claude doesn't need a backstory to be a good protagonist or iconic in video gaming. The "good" part is purely subjective, and you can disagree all you want. However, Claude is an iconic protagonist, and probably moreso than CJ, purely because III broke so much ground.

Dude, just stop. I will never tolerate Claude, not mention liking him.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

You just don't like Claude for almost wiping the Yakuzas and because has killed Kenji and got Asuka killed. That's a very biased review.

• universetwisters likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

You just don't like Claude for almost wiping the Yakuzas and because has killed Kenji and got Asuka killed. That's a very biased review.

Not really. I also dislike how he acts during certain mission, lets say Kingdom Come. Instead of running the hell away from the place he wants to blow up the vans. Or lets say the phone missions. For what reason did he help El Burro, King Courtney and D-Ice? His main goal was to find Catalina.

Speaking about Catalina, he could have just finished her off when she was meeting up with Curly Bob.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Great. I don't care if you don't like him or not. You can't argue that he's a weak protagonist based on the evidence you presented, though.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Speaking about Catalina, he could have just finished her off when she was meeting up with Curly Bob.

I was thinking that the first time I played the game, but then again, he also could've killed her when Claude first got to the construction site and killed her rather than letting her jump off the building and into a dumpster. I guess Claude isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Prince Gumball, theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:29 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 10 July 2014 - 06:29 PM.

Great. I don't care if you don't like him or not. You can't argue that he's a weak protagonist based on the evidence you presented, though.

Oh man, then why do you even bother? Can't I just hate him for no big reason?

robbiesw5948
  • robbiesw5948

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

GTA: North Yankton stories.

LucarioVercetti
  • LucarioVercetti

Speedy speed boy

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Guys, why don't we simply stay on the thread's topic and not start arguing which protagonist is the best?
Anyway, I believe it will be some kind of a game with all the cities in the HD era, the ones we have seen, like NY, LC, LS and, hopefully, Vice City. Rockstar games said they always wanted to make a game where the player can travel through many cities, although I don't think that they will do it now. However, it could be a North Yankton stories kind of game, or probably a game set in a whole new city.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Guys, why don't we simply stay on the thread's topic and not start arguing which protagonist is the best?
Anyway, I believe it will be some kind of a game with all the cities in the HD era, the ones we have seen, like NY, LC, LS and, hopefully, Vice City. Rockstar games said they always wanted to make a game where the player can travel through many cities, although I don't think that they will do it now. However, it could be a North Yankton stories kind of game, or probably a game set in a whole new city.

On-topic: This is a great idea. I'd play it, if the cast wouldn't be so crap like in V.

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

Special Agent Big Smoke.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Oh man, then why do you even bother? Can't I just hate him for no big reason?

No offence,but,Honestly, you're fanboy-ing Yakuza too much... Claude was a misterious protagonist ,making him become more interesting

Remember,he is a mercenary,he doesn't care about the respect, or about people's fate...

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Not really...

Yeah, nostalgia or not, Claude was the most god-awful protagonist there was hands down. And CJ is up in like the top 3 so I dunno what you're talking about. We got great history with him unlike most of the other main characters in other GTAs.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Not really...

Yeah, nostalgia or not, Claude was the most god-awful protagonist there was hands down. And CJ is up in like the top 3 so I dunno what you're talking about. We got great history with him unlike most of the other main characters in other GTAs.

If you think Claude was that bad, then you missed the point.

RedAngelYardKing
  • RedAngelYardKing

Mangano

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:52 AM

Not really...

Autism speaks

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Do you have a source?

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

YELLOW CAR > All other vehicles in GTA IV

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

GOTY.

• universetwisters, Ragref and theGTAking101 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users