GTAO Beer Hat Glitch

2,459 replies to this topic
SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

Emperor of The Grand Ole Republic of Texas

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by SeaWallTx, 26 July 2014 - 11:05 AM.

-How to Unlock the Beer Hats and "Statue of Happiness" T-Shirt:

(PS3 and Purportedly Xbox 360)(REVISED as of 7/11/14 7:57pm CST)(Confirmed for XBOX360 and PS3)

*Newest Version:"http://gtaforums.com...ntry1065759452"

• SCAR., pokemon4ever and Killzone3265 like this

Prime_Suspect
  • Prime_Suspect

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

I've tried both PS3 glitches a number of times and it has not worked. Is this because I can pick up special crates?

If both your chrracter's are the same sex, this will not work.

If you don't have crate drop unlocked or never picked up a special crate in your GTA Online career, then this is also a factor to why this glitch will not work for you.

Crazyboi786mani
  • Crazyboi786mani

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

Has anyone tested the above method yet? I'm about to try it and let you guys know how it works for me and nothing else has worked.

YuoGotOwn3d
  • YuoGotOwn3d

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

Never had special crate drop, makes sense now

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by SeaWallTx, 05 July 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Has anyone tested the above method yet? I'm about to try it and let you guys know how it works for me and nothing else has worked.

Please let me know if it is working for anyone else, BUT it is simply, PS3 Method 2 (revised-rewrapped), BUT I couldn't get it to work before either, I tried 31hrs before I got it to work but now I got them all, amd if it DOES work for you or anyone else then I am going to post it on my Glitch Tutorial Thread, and If it does not work for other ppl, I'll leave it here but add a note because it'll be like the other and only work for some people. I hope it works for all PS3 users :).

Okay, are you on PS3, I don't know if this was a coincidence or NOT, but I had NOT seen a "Special Crate Drop" since the Event Started(or since god knows when), but I used PS3 Method 1(didn't work) BUT after a sec I got an "Special Crate Drop Inbound" alert and I raced there(by car, it was close) and got it, then I was able to use PS3 method 2 to get the other 4 items very quickly. I don't know if you want to try this but it may be worth it.

P.S.

If you have the SE/CE don't forget to re-install the SE/CE installation.

• Yung Lean, Crazyboi786mani and Fennimoe like this

Crazyboi786mani
  • Crazyboi786mani

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Seawall imma pm you a couple of questions

Pyro90
  • Pyro90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:19 AM

Ok guys I have finally gotten the hats and shirt for my Male Character in Slot 2(Rank 100)[PS3]

(P.S. He DID NOT get the "Belle" T-shirt first, my Female character in slot 1(rank156) did.)

This is how:(PS3)

Ok first, and hardest you MUST obtain a "Specail Crate Drop" during the Event.

~Once you have done this the rest is a breeze,

-Restart-(This is the point to restart if the exploit has worked for you, if this is your first pass through ignore it.)
~Then pause the game and go to "Online">"Swap Characters" and switch to your other character,
~Once the character is loaded, pause the game and and go to "Online">"Leave GTA Online",
~Once back in Single Player hold the "PS button" and select "Quit Game",
~Then when you are in the PS3 XMB, hold the "PS button" and select "Turn off the system",
~Now on the PS3(you can use the controller or the button on the system, doesn't matter",
*IMPORTANT* MAKE SURE that your PS3 has "Signed In" before moving on to the next step.
~Then when you are in the PS3 XMB, load up GTA into Single Player.
~Once Single Player is loaded, pause the game and and go to "Online">"Play GTA Online">"Invite Only Session" to start and invite only session,
~Then when the "Invite Only Session" has loaded(you will currently be on the character you are NOT getting the hat or shirt for),
~Then pause the game and go to "Online">"Swap Characters" and switch to your other character(the one that already got a "Special Crate Drop" from the Event Weekend),
~Okay , then when your character starts to load, just before you can see your character and for a few seconds after you will see a message above your HUD stating "Crate Contained: ________ Hat/Shirt", this means that you have NOW unlocked that item,
~Now, you go right ahead and check your inventory and check out what you were given,
(Sometimes you WILL be given the same items you already had, don't feel to bad, this happens even if you were chasing the crates.)
~Then when you are ready to do it again, hold "Select/Back" to open your "Interaction Menu" and go to "Inventory">"Accessories">"Hats" and set "Hats" to "None" and go back to the Red "-Restart-" marker above and start there,
~Enjoy!

P.S.
I am working on a ANY way(Besides legit, lol) to get these of my Female Character in Slot1(rank 101)[PS3].

Hey SeaWall, did you get all 6 hats or only the 4 that are working right now ?

KingoftheSouth
  • KingoftheSouth

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Ok guys I have finally gotten the hats and shirt for my Male Character in Slot 2(Rank 100)[PS3]

(P.S. He DID NOT get the "Belle" T-shirt first, my Female character in slot 1(rank156) did.)

This is how:(PS3)
Ok first, and hardest you MUST obtain a "Specail Crate Drop" during the Event.
~Once you have done this the rest is a breeze,
-Restart-(This is the point to restart if the exploit has worked for you, if this is your first pass through ignore it.)
~Then pause the game and go to "Online">"Swap Characters" and switch to your other character,
~Once the character is loaded, pause the game and and go to "Online">"Leave GTA Online",
~Once back in Single Player hold the "PS button" and select "Quit Game",
~Then when you are in the PS3 XMB, hold the "PS button" and select "Turn off the system",
~Now on the PS3(you can use the controller or the button on the system, doesn't matter",
*IMPORTANT* MAKE SURE that your PS3 has "Signed In" before moving on to the next step.
~Then when you are in the PS3 XMB, load up GTA into Single Player.
~Once Single Player is loaded, pause the game and and go to "Online">"Play GTA Online">"Invite Only Session" to start and invite only session,
~Then when the "Invite Only Session" has loaded(you will currently be on the character you are NOT getting the hat or shirt for),
~Then pause the game and go to "Online">"Swap Characters" and switch to your other character(the one that already got a "Special Crate Drop" from the Event Weekend),
~Okay , then when your character starts to load, just before you can see your character and for a few seconds after you will see a message above your HUD stating "Crate Contained: ________ Hat/Shirt", this means that you have NOW unlocked that item,
~Now, you go right ahead and check your inventory and check out what you were given,
(Sometimes you WILL be given the same items you already had, don't feel to bad, this happens even if you were chasing the crates.)
~Then when you are ready to do it again, hold "Select/Back" to open your "Interaction Menu" and go to "Inventory">"Accessories">"Hats" and set "Hats" to "None" and go back to the Red "-Restart-" marker above and start there,
~Enjoy!
P.S.
I am working on a ANY way(Besides legit, lol) to get these of my Female Character in Slot1(rank 101)[PS3].

I can confirm this method working, just tried it out and got the 4 hats and shirt. I had previously collected a special crate drop two days ago. When I did this method I never got any notification, they just showed up in my inventory.

fullmetalrabbit
  • fullmetalrabbit

The Killer Rabbit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hmmm... I tried doing it for the PS3 and once I got to the update part of the step, I am now stuck on a black blank screen. :/

• jtet37 likes this

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

your fellow cannibalistic quarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Does anyone have any tip for someone who keeps getting RP and maybe the same read EVERY time?

Crazyboi786mani
  • Crazyboi786mani

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by Crazyboi786mani, 06 July 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Spoiler
good info on telling ppl you last got one 2 days ago b/c i did as well and first didnt work but imma try again soon

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

I have revised the method above with more details. and it should be more simple to use now.

SCAR.
  • SCAR.

Beatha agus Sláinte

• D1RTY12
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

I have revised the method above with more details. and it should be more simple to use now.

Worked. Cheers man.  :^:

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

Awesome, I'm glad to have helped.

Hey SeaWall, did you get all 6 hats or only the 4 that are working right now ?

Nope just the 4 and the shirt, :cry:  but R* has something up their sleeve I imagine.

xMaxinatorx
  • xMaxinatorx

HAYVAN!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

i gotta thank the OP very much. I got the patriot hat 3xtimes and then i decided to glitch. Got the Pisswasser Hat in the first try.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

f*ck this, been waiting for a special crate all day and so far nothing

• jtet37 likes this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:15 AM

I tried this method twice and it didn't work. All that happens is I spawn and get some RP. None of the methods have worked, I must be messing up somewhere. My spawn location is set to last location and I've tried wearing different clothes. I've gotten 2 legit special crates on my main character. My second character has not unlocked crates but I don't think that is the issue because I've seen people say they've gotten the glitch to work with a lvl 1 2nd character?

iliev77
  • iliev77

NCR Ranger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

the trick for me was to delete my male second character and make a female one,worked with method 2 in the first try

Jeffryyyy
  • Jeffryyyy

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

Please let me know if it is working for anyone else, BUT it is simply, PS3 Method 2 (revised-rewrapped), BUT I couldn't get it to work before either, I tried 31hrs before I got it to work but now I got them all, amd if it DOES work for you or anyone else then I am going to post it on my Glitch Tutorial Thread, and If it does not work for other ppl, I'll leave it here but add a note because it'll be like the other and only work for some people. I hope it works for all PS3 users :).

Okay, are you on PS3, I don't know if this was a coincidence or NOT, but I had NOT seen a "Special Crate Drop" since the Event Started(or since god knows when), but I used PS3 Method 1(didn't work) BUT after a sec I got an "Special Crate Drop Inbound" alert and I raced there(by car, it was close) and got it, then I was able to use PS3 method 2 to get the other 4 items very quickly. I don't know if you want to try this but it may be worth it.

P.S.

If you have the SE/CE don't forget to re-install the SE/CE installation.

i didnt have to delete my SE/CE on 360

oidgod
  • oidgod

Just Another Nobody

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

Ok, you need to be able to get crates from Ron on both accounts i think...

Prime_Suspect
  • Prime_Suspect

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

I tried this method twice and it didn't work. All that happens is I spawn and get some RP. None of the methods have worked, I must be messing up somewhere. My spawn location is set to last location and I've tried wearing different clothes. I've gotten 2 legit special crates on my main character. My second character has not unlocked crates but I don't think that is the issue because I've seen people say they've gotten the glitch to work with a lvl 1 2nd character?

Are both your characters of the same sex?

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:19 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 06 July 2014 - 01:19 AM.

yea, both are male. Was it confirmed that the second character was required to be female?

fullmetalrabbit
  • fullmetalrabbit

The Killer Rabbit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

Got one hat so far. Yay!

Still wish the crate drops would be fixed.

• jtet37 likes this

Prime_Suspect
  • Prime_Suspect

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by Prime_Suspect, 06 July 2014 - 01:40 AM.

yea, both are male. Was it confirmed that the second character was required to be female?

your gonna have to delete one of your characters and make a female one. Then do the glitch....

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

finally got that elusive Patriot

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

Got one hat so far. Yay!

Me too, I tried for 21 REAL LIFE HOURS before I decided to try to glitch then it was still quite sometime(Like 9R.L.Hrs) before I figured out how to get it to work.

• mollipop likes this

fullmetalrabbit
  • fullmetalrabbit

The Killer Rabbit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

Got one hat so far. Yay!

Me too, I tried for 21 REAL LIFE HOURS before I decided to try to glitch then it was still quite sometime(Like 9R.L.Hrs) before I figured out how to get it to work.

Same here. The only special crate I did see, came early Friday morning, but someone beat me to it. After that, no crates have been dropping at all. I've been to a number of servers, too. This was really a dumb move by Rockstar, considering crates have not been properly fixed.

• jtet37 likes this

CrissRiot
  • CrissRiot

Leather Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

Should add that my character is male, my throwaway secondary is female.

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

finally got that elusive Patriot

LOL, for me the elusive one was the Benedict hat(the Green one), BUT the shirt was the hardest thing, but it came pretty quick once I just left a hat on but not right away, so I don't know if it was a coincidence.

andreuguerra
  • andreuguerra

Rat

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

2nd one 0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users