A few questions about the beer hat

7 replies to this topic
tylerorr06
  • tylerorr06

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

So nice been playing almost non stop since the weekend event started searching for beer hats and i still have never seen special crate drops, although i have seen and collected plenty of normal crates.

Does anyone know why i have never seen the message appear?

Also will you be able to still try and get them after this weekend?

And last if anyone gets into a lobby with a special crate will you please invite me if you already have some?

Xbox GT: tylerorr06

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:50 AM Edited by MantisFang, 05 July 2014 - 08:55 AM.

Read thread: how to get beer hat

http://gtaforums.com...-get-beer-hats/

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:51 AM Edited by The7thOne, 05 July 2014 - 08:51 AM.

The message doesn't appear, because:

Its rare, and doesn't appear often

The crate is glitched

People have gone into the green circle

Also, Rockstar hasn't given an exact deadline as to when to get the beer hats, vehicles, etc.

I have a tip to getting them, a fellow GTAForums member, gagemb9918, has given a very good method as to how to get a beer hat.

Go into a free-aim lobby. They're mostly empty and it's easy peasy. Just wait in a buzzard and watch for that "Special Crate in 10 hours" notification. Hope this helps.

tylerorr06
  • tylerorr06

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

Read thread: how to get beer hat

http://gtaforums.com...-get-beer-hats/

Ive tried this before it never works for me for some reason

The message doesn't appear, because:

Its rare, and doesn't appear often

The crate is glitched

People have gone into the green circle

Also, Rockstar hasn't given an exact deadline as to when to get the beer hats, vehicles, etc.

I have a tip to getting them, a fellow GTAForums member, gagemb9918, has given a very good method as to how to get a beer hat.

Go into a free-aim lobby. They're mostly empty and it's easy peasy. Just wait in a buzzard and watch for that "Special Crate in 10 hours" notification. Hope this helps.

Thanks i'll give it a try 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Waiting in an empty lobby will not get you a hat since no crates will drop. You need at least 4 people in the session for it to drop. My advice is to lobby hop. Join a free roam lobby and if a special crate doesn't drop in 15 minutes then find a new lobby

If you're desperate for one collect the crate in passive mode lol. Just go passive and run over the crate with a vehicle to bust it open then get out and collect on foot.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

If you have never had a crate drop.. Ever. That could be the problem.

I'm assuming that you have. At least once?

mkjah22
  • mkjah22

Stoned Assassin

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

I finally got my first beer hat last night.  It was weird, I'd been looking since it was announced but only two had dropped in three days and upon approaching them I got shot to pieces by several other players.

So last night I get into online and as soon as I drive out of my garage I get the "special crate drop in 10 hrs" message.  

I went to get my buzzard and wait on maze bank for it to drop, but as I approached I noticed the package icon already on the map.

Went to investigate and sure enough there was one there, if not for a popup pylon in the dark of night it would have been mine, but the guy on foot got it whilst I respawned.

Soon as I got my buzzard back I saw "a special crate has been dropped" and the icon popped up again.  I got beaten to it this time but it was def there.

Finally just as I started to think "WTF is going on?  How did I f*ck up getting two in as many minutes?" I saw the "special crate drop in 5 hrs" message pop up.

This time I waited on maze bank and as soon as the time counted down I went and grabbed my first beer hat crate.

So basically if you are lucky it will glitch more than one.  Reminded me of the bank trucks spawning.

tylerorr06
  • tylerorr06

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

If you have never had a crate drop.. Ever. That could be the problem.

I'm assuming that you have. At least once?

I have had normal crate drops i got one just a sec ago but never had a special one which contains the cap

Waiting in an empty lobby will not get you a hat since no crates will drop. You need at least 4 people in the session for it to drop. My advice is to lobby hop. Join a free roam lobby and if a special crate doesn't drop in 15 minutes then find a new lobby

If you're desperate for one collect the crate in passive mode lol. Just go passive and run over the crate with a vehicle to bust it open then get out and collect on foot.

Yeah lol i might just get a tank although it is really slow. Ive been lobby hopping since thursday or as soon as the event started and not once have i ever seen the 10 hour notice, i just keep getting normal crates with money and rp

I finally got my first beer hat last night.  It was weird, I'd been looking since it was announced but only two had dropped in three days and upon approaching them I got shot to pieces by several other players.

So last night I get into online and as soon as I drive out of my garage I get the "special crate drop in 10 hrs" message.  

I went to get my buzzard and wait on maze bank for it to drop, but as I approached I noticed the package icon already on the map.

Went to investigate and sure enough there was one there, if not for a popup pylon in the dark of night it would have been mine, but the guy on foot got it whilst I respawned.

Soon as I got my buzzard back I saw "a special crate has been dropped" and the icon popped up again.  I got beaten to it this time but it was def there.

Finally just as I started to think "WTF is going on?  How did I f*ck up getting two in as many minutes?" I saw the "special crate drop in 5 hrs" message pop up.

This time I waited on maze bank and as soon as the time counted down I went and grabbed my first beer hat crate.

So basically if you are lucky it will glitch more than one.  Reminded me of the bank trucks spawning.

Haha Guess you got lucky. I haven't been luck at all i haven't had one message saying its gonna drop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users