Decisions and alternate outcomes thread [Spoilers]

27 replies to this topic
KaramG
  • KaramG

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

Everyone knows about the option to kill Michael or Trevor, but I'm interested to see if anyone has found any other options and different outcomes. Interesting ones I have found:

-In the Dom mission on Maze Bank, it is possible that Dom will not land on the truck. This triggers a cutscene where Dom drives to where the truck parked and yells at you and tells you to meet him at the Land Act Dam.

-In the last mission for Mark, when you arrive to the scene of the burnt down house, you don't have to kill Mark or the police.

Some of the more obvious ones:

-You can beat Lamar on the first mission (from what I have heard)

-Trevor doesn't have to kill the celebrity on the train tracks and can let him live

-You can let Dr. Freidlander escape. Either way, he is reported dead for some reason

-Some of the random events grant you money rewards or stock tips

-You can let Mrs. Mathers live after collecting all the underwater parts.

• CanOdope likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:05 AM Edited by Officer Ronson, 05 July 2014 - 02:06 AM.

- Failing to go out of Vangelico will prompt a cutscene in where the Police will arrive and arrest both Michael and Franklin.

- You can choose to kill Ashley and no hate message will be left, however if you don't she'll die in a meth orgy.

- Mark Fostenburg can be allowed to live.

- If you stay long enough with Al Dinapoli he'll give you 10 grand, instead of 3 as opposed to letting him go almost inmediatly.

- During Eye in the Sky if you choose to kill Chad Mulligan nothing will happen, as opposed to letting him live will get you a two star wanted level for him reporting the vehicle stolen.

• Luddite likes this

Voggens
  • Voggens

Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by Voggens, 05 July 2014 - 02:16 AM.

-You have the option to kill Niko's UL Paper contact, you can use the Stun Gun if you want him to "survive", quite an odd decision to let this important IV character die like a nobody.

This doesn't have any outcome, but... well... it's a "decision".

• thekillerdonuts likes this

Gomack
  • Gomack

Busta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:28 AM Edited by Gomack, 05 July 2014 - 04:59 AM.

-You have the option to kill Niko's UL Paper contact, you can use the Stun Gun if you want him to "survive", quite an odd decision to let this important IV character die like a nobody.

I've always just avoided killing him by sticking left and going straight for the Trevor switch. You don't have to kill anyone at that initial shootout technically.

Honestly I thought his cameo was pretty disappointing and like you said he does just die like a nobody for the average player. He was one of my favorite characters from IV. Same with Packie's. He didn't even get in a proper cutscene. I almost wish they didn't include these cameos in V, they were done so poorly.

• thekillerdonuts likes this

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

You can also choose to kill/knock the drunk guy in Repossession before Lamar. He will say something like "You're cold, dog".

You can kill the other dog in Chop before Chop f*cks it.

• CanOdope likes this

KaramG
  • KaramG

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

You can also choose to kill/knock the drunk guy in Repossession before Lamar. He will say something like "You're cold, dog".

You can kill the other dog in Chop before Chop f*cks it.

What happens if you kill the dog? Does Chop just continue walking?

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Exactly.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

- If you follow Abigail long enough after getting her the submarine pieces she'll panic and race to the airport, if you keep following her she will alert the Police of you being a pshycotic killer.

- After evading the Police chopper in the recycling warehouse you, Stretch and Llamar will jump a wall in where you have a couple of escape vehicle options, if you don't pick any eventually an overweight man in a Fugitive will arrive and randomly have a heart attack while being held at gunpoint, Llamar will ask what happened.

• Gomack and theGTAking101 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

-In "Father/Son", if you fail to let Franklin jump on the car after you Get Jimmy, Michael will just stop the car and he'll yell at Jimmy.

-In "Dead Man Walking", if you fail to wake up in time the doctors cut you up.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

"Complications" - If Franklin is caught by a member of Michael's family, a different cutscene will trigger for each one before failing the mission. The one with Amanda/Coach made me laugh.

"Nervous Ron" - Aside from the van that pulls up, you can snipe all of the guards early before Ron alerts you, along with the two lights on the tower.

dillono
  • dillono

PROUD to be a white heterosexual male!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

-In the last mission for Mark, when you arrive to the scene of the burnt down house, you don't have to kill Mark or the police.

Who the hell is Mark?

• theGTAking101 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Who the hell is Mark?

I think he's mistaking Josh Bernstein for some guy named Mark.

• theGTAking101 likes this

KaramG
  • KaramG

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

Who the hell is Mark?

Oh, his name is Josh! It's been a long time, I thought his name was Mark.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Oh, I wad wondering who Mark was, also. All of the random encounters, have decision making parts, like returning or stealing a wallet, or helping a guy in need

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:42 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 06 July 2014 - 10:44 AM.

I've always just avoided killing him by sticking left and going straight for the Trevor switch. You don't have to kill anyone at that initial shootout technically.

Honestly I thought his cameo was pretty disappointing and like you said he does just die like a nobody for the average player. He was one of my favorite characters from IV. Same with Packie's. He didn't even get in a proper cutscene. I almost wish they didn't include these cameos in V, they were done so poorly.

I just went ahead and killed him. Personally, I never liked that guy in IV, always found him to be snobby and stuck-up, forcing Niko to do his dirty work in exchange for Darko.

Ryan1874
  • Ryan1874

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

In the mission where you repossess Jimmy's car, you can be spotted by the tennis coach which leads to him saying something along the lines of "Look! It's a black man!"

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

So, during The Third Way, Devin hides in the box after you alert the soldiers at his house. I wonder if you get there without alerting anyone, you have a different cutscene with him outside the box.

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

So, during The Third Way, Devin hides in the box after you alert the soldiers at his house. I wonder if you get there without alerting anyone, you have a different cutscene with him outside the box.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case. I've reached Devin without alerting Merryweather a few times now, and I don't remember there being another cutscene. However, this was back in December/January, so of course, it might have just slipped my mind.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

BLU Team Medic

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

- In Blitiz Play, if you kill the fleeing Sercurity Guards from the van, Trevor will comment on it (oddly enough he sounds like he's talking to Michael even if you killed them as Franklin).

- In Lamar Down, if you replay the mission, Lamar will be wearing his "hangout" clothes, dying will revert them to the white shirt that he is meant to wear in that mission.

- In the Paleto Score, if the bags that Michael, Trevor or the Gunman are wearing get shot, money will fall out and be taken away from the Heist's payout.

- If you switch to Michael straight after the infamous torture mission, he will be at the FIB building, having just dropped Dave there.

- In The Long Stretch, there is loads of funny dialogue between Franklin, Stretch and Lamar that can only be heard if you slowly move between rooms, replaying the mission often results in different dialogue being used.

There really is a lot missed out in this game...

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

In "A Starlet in Vinewood", if you burst Dreyfuss's car's tires, he will run for it, make a comment and start running away, with unique chase dialogue. If you steal his car and park away, the same thing will happen, with a different comment. Don't know what happens if you explode it where it's parked.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:11 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 14 July 2014 - 07:12 AM.

I'd assume it's fairly common knowledge, but in Hood Safari, once you escape Grove St. and get on the jetskis you can split up however you want, and there's different dialogue depending on who you are and who you escape with(Franklin and Trevor, Franklin and Lamar, Trevor and Lamar or Trevor and Franklin. You can also opt to escape alone, but I don't recall there being special dialogue for that.   

In the Prologue, if you run past the vault without going in Trevor will yell at you.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:17 PM Edited by TheDeaconBosco, 14 July 2014 - 12:17 PM.

In by the Book, you can shoot Tahir Javan immediately after getting to the sniper nest for the first time and pass the mission, if you remember what he looks like. Michael will claim to have had a revelation, and Dave just goes along with it.

Nuke.
  • Nuke.

tf am i supposed 2 write here?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by Nuke., 14 July 2014 - 12:44 PM.

In the mission Mr. Phillips, you can let Ortega live. His gang will still attack you in the next mission though.

In the mission The Paleto Score, there are a few Lost MC members driving on the highway. If you run over or harm one of them, they will start shooting you and Trevor will open the back of the van door and fire back.

quxxo
  • quxxo

shrek

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:33 PM Edited by quxxo, 14 July 2014 - 02:34 PM.

What happend if Salomon call you and tell to come to his office but player choose no?

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

This was mentioned in another topic; if you do not take Michael to Flight School prior to the Merryweather Heist (Offshore), you can still proceed with the mission but Trevor will criticise Michaels flying and comment that he should have taken the flying lessons.

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case. I've reached Devin without alerting Merryweather a few times now, and I don't remember there being another cutscene. However, this was back in December/January, so of course, it might have just slipped my mind.

If you go there without alerting anyone, Devin will say: "That's Trevor Phillips you idiots!" and you'll see him climb in the box.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

When you kill Haines, there is a different cutscene if you use a RPG.

Elbowz2
  • Elbowz2

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

What happend if Salomon call you and tell to come to his office but player choose no?

If you choose no, he'll text you a picture of the film credit screen with Michael's name on it. Usually happens a few minutes later

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users