Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should R* Release This Game For PC

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Chinatown Wars for PC (120 member(s) have cast votes)

Chinatown Wars for PC?

1. Yes (59 votes [49.17%])

Percentage of vote: 49.17%

2. No (31 votes [25.83%])

Percentage of vote: 25.83%

3. Maybe (21 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

4. Indifferent (9 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TalkingPear
  • TalkingPear

Deadly fruit

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

Why not, it's not like having another Grand Theft Auto title on the PC would hurt anyone. I have to be honest though, I wouldn't play it. I already have the game for my PSP (probably switching to the DS version soon) and I just prefer to play it on a handheld device.

TubbyTuke
  • TubbyTuke

I'll be with you in a minute, spark plug.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

I casted my vote as MAYBE. Because yeah I think that PC players should be able to play GTA V/Online. But then again I don't think they should get it because of all the hacking and modding that would happen. We already have plenty of those problems going on with the Xbox 360 and PS3. I dunno to be honest, I'd like to see you PC Players get it, but then again...

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

I casted my vote as MAYBE. Because yeah I think that PC players should be able to play GTA V/Online. But then again I don't think they should get it because of all the hacking and modding that would happen. We already have plenty of those problems going on with the Xbox 360 and PS3. I dunno to be honest, I'd like to see you PC Players get it, but then again...

Modding itself isnt bad, if its just used to add new cars or stuff. Its when its used for cheating that it becomes bad. I do admit I am envious of PC gamers being able to do that, but thats the price you pay when you trade performance (PC) for easy use (console)

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

They should release Vice City and Liberty City Stories.

Either as HD remakes or just port them across with the same PS2 graphics.

I don't care for either one. I just want to play them on PC. 

TalkingPear
  • TalkingPear

Deadly fruit

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Modding itself isnt bad, if its just used to add new cars or stuff. Its when its used for cheating that it becomes bad. I do admit I am envious of PC gamers being able to do that, but thats the price you pay when you trade performance (PC) for easy use (console)

Wrong subforum people, we're talking about a totally different game here. ;)

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

It'd be awfully nice of them to release a version optimized for the PC.

You could always play it on an emulator if you really wanted to. Keyboard controls don't sound very fun though. :/

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:18 AM Edited by fefenc, 20 July 2014 - 03:19 AM.

Why don't you modders guys try to do a mod that redo the CTW storyline on GTA IV by using the chinese models that are in the game already? Or maybe create some models based on the artworks? Cuz GTA IV already have the Liberty city map, some chinese models and voices, it would be more easy than waiting R* release this for PC and I think it would be better playing CTW 3D version and seeing the events like the middle park statue destruction in a realistical angle :)

I've given only an idea '-'

TalkingPear
  • TalkingPear

Deadly fruit

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by TalkingPear, 20 July 2014 - 01:10 PM.

Why don't you modders guys try to do a mod that redo the CTW storyline on GTA IV by using the chinese models that are in the game already? Or maybe create some models based on the artworks? Cuz GTA IV already have the Liberty city map, some chinese models and voices, it would be more easy than waiting R* release this for PC and I think it would be better playing CTW 3D version and seeing the events like the middle park statue destruction in a realistical angle :)

I don't think there is anyone interested in doing that, cause let's be honest, Chinatown Wars just isn't that popular compared to other Grand Theft Auto games. (not to mention the amount of work it would take)

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Because some of us (including me) want Chinatown Wars as is but on PC.

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

That would be  cool. Especially because it won't work on DS Emulator

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:52 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 17 September 2014 - 11:54 PM.

First time I saw chinatown wars was when one of my friends played it on a DS emulator on a school computer.

Try a different emulator, one that's not desmume.

NO$GBA - http://www.nogba.com/

iDeaS - http://www.ndsemulator.com/nintendo-ds/ideas.htm

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

I'd love to replay it on PC, I particularity enjoyed the whimsical music. Additionally, a PC release would expose this underrated great game to more people.

Cheers.

ManularChimera
  • ManularChimera

True story

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

I don't know if it's necessary to release this game on PC but I agree that this Grand Theft Auto needs more love.

Octavio89
  • Octavio89

Trick

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

Would be glad if they release it to any non-handheld platforms since I don't own them and I don't plan to own them.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

And as always, thanks for watching.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

Yes. I've always wanted to try the handheld GTAs, but I don't own a handheld.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

IF they convert it to a traditional 3rd person view.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

IF they convert it to a traditional 3rd person view.

I think that would be a bad idea and kill the game's charm IMO. I know not everyone likes the isometric view, but it makes it feel more unique yet at the same time a throw back to the top down GTAs.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

---

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

^ I disagree with you. I think that a 3D remake, with cell shading graphics, would be stunning and way better than the original.

This GTA has one of the best gameplay in the whole franchise, but IMO, the isometric view greatly reduce the interest of the game. As much as I think GTA 2 and CW are great games, their topdown view make free roaming and exploration quite useless. The immersion is almost non existent, and the city play a very, very minor role.

I have been barely playing CW for 15 hours ... Give me a 3D remake, and I'll play it over 150-200 hours !

But I know some people love topdown view ... 

• PulpFiction and Kampret like this

ManularChimera
  • ManularChimera

True story

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

^ I disagree with you. I think that a 3D remake, with cell shading graphics, would be stunning and way better than the original.

This GTA has one of the best gameplay in the whole franchise, but IMO, the isometric view greatly reduce the interest of the game. As much as I think GTA 2 and CW are great games, their topdown view make free roaming and exploration quite useless. The immersion is almost non existent, and the city play a very, very minor role.

I have been barely playing CW for 15 hours ... Give me a 3D remake, and I'll play it over 150-200 hours !

I couldn't have said it better.

• Kalerney likes this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

Ah fair enough I suppose.;)

• Kalerney likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:00 AM

CTW on PC is wrong.

Its bad on the nintendo and even worse on psp and phones.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, i want GTA CTW as is on the PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users