Quantcast

» «
Photo

do you play as the characters personality's ?

46 replies to this topic
kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

For example I always play with Michael like a angry middle aged guy. Franklin as a thrill seller gangster and Trevor as a crazy dude. My franklin owns and mods cars the most. Michael my favorite is for golf tennis and mostly free roaming out of the 3. And Trevor is Trevor I go on rampages. Steal jets explore the countryside. Another example is with Michael and franklin I try to escape the cops. My Trevor stands his ground and kills as many cops as possible. Anyway is it just me or do you guys play like that as well ?
  • MichaelPayneV and Jioyt 123 like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

Massacro <3

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

Yeah. For me, Michael doesn't steal cars or kill anyone. He just cruises around, investing in stocks, occasionally going out with friends and working for the "Ten Cent Cinema"  Franklin does races and stays fit.

Trevor's a bit funny for me. Back when I was doing "Minor Turbulence" the blimp spawned in front of me and I hit a building trying to avoid it. So now, for me he has a personal vendetta against the blimp, and will do anything to destroy it. The rest of the time he's expanding TPI by doing missions for Oscar. 

• burnzy187, theNGclan, Mr. Jago and 9 others like this

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

It's funny how much we care about what we think these characters should be doing, but that's the beauty of it. 

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I like to dress Michael in Franklin's clothes and walk to Grove Street where the boys holla at me.

I also like to dress Franklin in Trevor's dresses and have him put on lipstick while teaching himself how to cry.

• Spaghetti Cat and Rockstar Cake like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

Lmfao wtf Buckley. OT yea I only invest in stocks with Michael I dunno why but it just seems out of character to have franklin and Trevor invest in stocks

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:14 PM Edited by Undertaker13, 04 July 2014 - 06:15 PM.

I play Michael like if he was passing through a deep midlife-crisis and needs to blow up everything. I play Franklin like if he is a passive guy that enjoyes life. I play Trevor like if he is a successfull businessman that owns everything with some anger issues.

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'm exactly the same, that's why it's my favourite GTA, because of the contrast in characters.

With Franklin I've made him a biker fanatic, all he owns is motorbikes. A thrill seeker, always doing stunts and races. He dates every stripper, never sees hookers. Goes jogging with Chop.

Michael is a keen mountain biker, likes to play golf and tennis. Always walking around the movie studio, watching movies and investing in stocks. Spends most of the time driving a convertible around the countryside or relaxing on his yacht.

Trevor does whatever he wants. Always attacking gangs or the police. Spends a lot of time in planes and helicopters. Likes to steal government property; tanks, jets, police vehicles etc. Stalks hipsters and tramps in his pants and a mask.

Possibilities are endless with Trevor!
  • adictoGTA likes this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Yea the three characters are brilliant allows you to live three different lives

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

I play as Trevor the most mostly because I like his clothing as opposed to the suits Michael always wears or the "yolo swag" stuff Franklin wears. That's really the only reason.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Yep. Acting out of character feels disjointed and unsatisfying as f*ck. Breaks the immersion, so to speak. 

Gotta appreciate the occasional Ballas rampage as Franklin, though.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Nah, I tend to adapt my personality to my playstyle as any character.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

I don't play as Michael much because of his failed attempt at bullet time and how slow he is. He's the type of dude who sips wine and does yoga. I don't want that. I stick to Frank when I'm wanting to zip through traffic and rob places in LS, and Trevor when I want to roam the country side, kill meth heads, and fly planes. Michael can stick to shoveling money down his family's throat.

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

I like to be immersed so yes I generally try to stay true to each character's personality.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Yeas defintely, and i only dress them in appropriate clothing, my Trevor, would never wear a suit, in fact the only times he goes into Posonbys is to kill the saleswoman

Ambitions
  • Ambitions

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

When im playing as Michael I make sure he is obeying traffic laws and not killing people or causing trouble. The only car i stole for him was an emperor for him to customize. I have him going to movie theaters and watching his tv alot, sometimes hanging out with jimmy

As Franklin, I live the boring single life lol. His hobbies when i play as him is customizing vehicles and he takes chop for runs around the college track. I occasionally have him drive through forum drive and get yelled at for trying to visit his crazy aunt lol. He still chats with families members too

As for trevor, his driving is completely reckless. Everytime i play as him i take him on rides out to the countryside where he walks around by a river for no reason. he does whatever, whenever and wherever hahah. trevor kills people for no reason sometimes and steals peoples cars naturally

thats the personalities i have them portray 

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

When im playing as Michael I make sure he is obeying traffic laws and not killing people or causing trouble. The only car i stole for him was an emperor for him to customize. I have him going to movie theaters and watching his tv alot, sometimes hanging out with jimmy

As Franklin, I live the boring single life lol. His hobbies when i play as him is customizing vehicles and he takes chop for runs around the college track. I occasionally have him drive through forum drive and get yelled at for trying to visit his crazy aunt lol. He still chats with families members too

As for trevor, his driving is completely reckless. Everytime i play as him i take him on rides out to the countryside where he walks around by a river for no reason. he does whatever, whenever and wherever hahah. trevor kills people for no reason sometimes and steals peoples cars naturally

GTA V simulator version, FTW.

• Smaher. likes this

Ambitions
  • Ambitions

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

GTA V simulator version, FTW.

Ever since gta vice city i liked the idea of having the characters do normal stuff depending on the character they are......call me weird but im a sucker for stories, and in the story of Gta V thats how i would picture them living see what i mean? 

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Not really, I prefer my online character more than I ever will the three badly portraid, made for kids characters with no real backbone.

Just MY opinion after playing loads of GTA.

I do prefer online, I pay for nothing, I just make money by having fun and racing, parachuting and sometimes play with real people which makes the map much better and it feels like it has more quality.

That being said, its no wonder im online now, SP sucks donkey sausage, its old news, the same repetetive Trevor and his anal atrocities.

Not to mention the other two covered widely in this forum.

Its what rockstar wanted to happen; drive people to online.

My opinion after trying to like SP.

Meh.

deadly-deed
  • deadly-deed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 04 July 2014 - 10:15 PM.

No

Put more effort into your post please, or don't bother posting.

Thanks.

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

^^ nice one word answer :)

I dont care much for Franklin.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

Throughout the story I did because it brought the story more alive so to speak, but once I beat it and starting doing miscellaneous things, I just started to act the same no matter which character I was. The story was over at that point, so I didn't think it mattered anymore.

• high91 likes this

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

^^ This answer if I was in a good mood :)

The story was OK but still...I just needed more from that disc than it gave.

Online, sadly but surely sorts out the dead end effect for me.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

I do. Michael is a mostly boring family man and homebody, but he'll get frustrated every so often and rob a liquor store, or take potshots at cops to feel the rush of life again.

Franklin I try and give him interesting sh*t to do. I do quite a bit of gangbanging with him. He's also the guy I switch to when I wanna chill and smoke a bowl somewhere. He's always hanging out with someone too. Usually Lamar or Michael.

Trevor I can do everything with, except relax. 

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

^^ online I portray my character and it seems more in depth rather than acting out a sad life, with sad scenes with, dead end characters.

PLUS they give you everything in SP.  Online you have to earn it, not so much in the case of whiny rich kids who buy poocards mind.

I enjoy earning away and having meaningfull vehicles to toy around with.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Nah, it doesn't fit them

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

Lol high91 why even bother posting on this thread this for people who do like the characters. And just cause people like a character that makes them a kid? Your logic is a bit f*cked bro
  • OneManCrimeWave and adictoGTA like this

Gomack
  • Gomack

Busta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:43 AM Edited by Gomack, 05 July 2014 - 02:45 AM.

When I play Trevor I drive like a nut, totally reckless, floor it 24/7, when I'm in the city I drive on the sidewalks to see how much blood splatter I can get on my car for fun. I never run from the cops, sometimes I actively seek out cop chases so I can be a reverse vigilante and help the criminals escape while I take their heat. I stab anyone who says anything disrespectful towards me when I'm on foot. Also, one of my Trevor's favorite passtimes in Los Santos is throwing molotov cocktails at large groups of people in rich areas and watching them burn. Oh, but I try never to directly harm women. Man's gotta have a code.

• JetsRLove likes this

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Michael's a snitch and a movie guy.  So I dress him up like Max Payne and do police tints on his guns.  Max Payne is not just a cop, but an action hero.  With Michael, it totally fits.  I also like the Sam Fisher getup during some of the heists but he does that automatically.

Franklin talks a lot of sh*t about how dumb his homies are, but you know he just wants a gang of his own.  So I green him up to rep Forum, cover him in gang tats, even cut an F in his hair.  I also get the Chop tat.  Of course from time to time I have him wear that Uptown Riders sh*t, especially when I know I'm gonna run into Lost.

Trevor's ex-military so not only do I get Army tint on all his weapons, I also get a lot of hunting clothes from Ammunation.  And of course, because Trevor's the original hipster, I put on the Zancudo shirt before I attack Fort Zancudo.  Oh yeah, I also like to make him look like Walter White for the meth lab shootout.  With a f*ck COPS tat under his shirt.

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Lol high91 why even bother posting on this thread this for people who do like the characters. And just cause people like a character that makes them a kid? Your logic is a bit f*cked bro

Well to be truthful I was not going to bother AND I should have said that I did like the characters in the beginning, it just seems we or 'maybe just I' are forced to hate them and I felt outdone of a SP experience.

I have every right to give my opinion and as it stands homeboy I cannot be arsed with GTA 5 SP due to the empty characters and feeling of dead end dread.

Also for the record, this thread aint about whether or not I like them,  Its a thread asking if I play as the personality of the characters, I gave a valid response with my reasoning. 

You should have posted your thoughts on topic rather than try and belittle me and gain an audience of likes.

As for the whole kid thing, well open your eyes and see what is really going on here.

We deserved a full SP with a chunky story.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Wow, am I the only one who doesn't play to the characters' personalities? I run around with Michael like if he was Trevor, blowing sh*t up, flipping off Ballas, doing stunts, and zipping around the map in planes.

• BaderTank likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users