Photo

Magic Pockets?...

78 replies to this topic
Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 05 July 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Should go like this then
1 primary slot- either a shotgun, AR, sniper, MG, RPG, minigun
1 secondary slot- Sawnoff shotgun, SMGs, pistols
1 or 2 types of throwables in possession
1 or 2 Melee weapons in possession

that's not enough for this game man

it worked really well in MP3 where pistols were kind of OP so sacrificing some long range firepower for an RPG was do-able

but in gta 5 having just a pistol will really set you back, plus there's the limited ammo problem with an RPG

you definitely would need at least 1 Rifle,smg or shotgun alongside the RPG or sniper rifle

that's why I suggested a primary secondary and special slot (special being for a weapons like sniper rpg or minigun)

a lot of games do it like this and IMO it works really well.

also think you need more throwables, this being an open world game and all

waters
  • waters

Prankster

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Yeah buts it's pretty unrealistic to walk about a city with guns in full show too

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

We are playing GTA not Max Payne. Its always been like this except now you can hold all weapons at once. I don't see the issue with it.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 05 July 2014 - 05:43 PM.

We are playing GTA not Max Payne. Its always been like this except now you can hold all weapons at once. I don't see the issue with it.

actually gta 4 wasn't like this at all

each weapon slot could only hold 1 weapon and when finding a new one you had to press RB or LB to replace it.

actually think gta 3 was similar to 4 aswell IIRC

• blackindia likes this

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Nope. I have trained my self to store this things in my ass.

To this day in my anal cavity I have, a HAM radio, a pack of playing cards, 5 heavy machine guns, a Monopoly board, 3 helmets, a beer hat, 6 pistols, 39 pairs of sunglasses, a bottle of shampoo, a nudie magazine, 8 frozen microwave meals, a toothbrush, my laptop, Lester's phone, my phone, birth control, a mini Australian flag, and a travel pillow cause I'll be damned if I have to sleep on the cold cell floor during an apocalypse.

Oh, in the game? Yeah, they should change that

Not trying to pick holes (giggadee) in the truth... But is the monopoly board A:the adult or Junior version, B:folded or unfolded?

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

To this day in my anal cavity I have, a HAM radio, a pack of playing cards, 5 heavy machine guns, a Monopoly board, 3 helmets, a beer hat, 6 pistols, 39 pairs of sunglasses, a bottle of shampoo, a nudie magazine, 8 frozen microwave meals, a toothbrush, my laptop, Lester's phone, my phone, birth control, a mini Australian flag, and a travel pillow cause I'll be damned if I have to sleep on the cold cell floor during an apocalypse.

Not trying to pick holes (giggadee) in the truth... But is the monopoly board A:the adult or Junior version, B:folded or unfolded?

It's the Millionaire version and is completely unfolded.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 05 July 2014 - 09:27 PM.

How about a backbag? You store ammo in those, can carry up to 2 rifles, 1 sniper (Heavy > Regular), the GL in the bag since its small enough. 3-4 pistols max (2 in each side) in holsters. Knives in your belt. RPG's and the Minigun in your car (Supers are based on the size, an Adder can't store as much of ammo/weapons as an Entity, etc. Same wit other cars) Done.

This system works heaven in DooM series, except you carry ammo instead. Backbag = more ammo.

CrissRiot
  • CrissRiot

Leather Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

Would rather just have a Gun Safe at your apt. to store stuff. Realistic this game is not.

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

actually gta 4 wasn't like this at all
each weapon slot could only hold 1 weapon and when finding a new one you had to press RB or LB to replace it.
actually think gta 3 was similar to 4 aswell IIRC
That's kinda what he said.

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Ahhh feels sooo much lighter on the step now... ;)

drop.jpg

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

The Max Payne weapon system/ animations or even a gun limit per slot most likely wont happen on GTA V.

But I posted some different suggestions on the support page of things I feel they should change/add.

https://support.rock...heel-inventory-

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

What is this? Pre-V release all over again?

It would be annoying to not have them keep this old feature going.

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 08 July 2014 - 02:59 PM.

It would not go over well because we're all used to the golf bag o'death that we all carry around.

Personally, I'd love to have a hidden armory at my crib to store the weapons I'm not using. 

Unlocking extra weapon slots by forcing players to buy holsters or fitting their vehicles with gun stash mods would add much needed money sinks to this game.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

What is this? Pre-V release all over again?

It would be annoying to not have them keep this old feature going.

Not really... its already 'annoying' so its can only get better from there.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Here for the magic touch..

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Yeah buts it's pretty unrealistic to walk about a city with guns in full show too

Google "open carry activists" :)

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by ktm_ryder, 10 July 2014 - 09:09 PM.

mp1.jpg

mp2.jpg

mp3.jpg

mp4.jpg

Screens from Max Payne 3.

100% realism right there. ;)

I dont miss the actual dualweilding shooting so much and certainly not shootdoodging.

But I like the no magic pockets and the switching animations between a primary and secondary weapon and there is even an animation for taking painkillers in cover.

Its problaby OCD but I hate in GTA when you slide over the hood of a car and your gun dissapears for a moment...

MrKush
  • MrKush

We need Yachts

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Lol @ ^

Max Payne 3 multiplayer was fun. I couldn't sink hours into it but it was really fun. OP's idea isn't awful but it's just not what GTAO is about. Its a feature that simply isn't a match with GTA's arcade gameplay & setting
  • blackindia likes this

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Natures pocket

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by ktm_ryder, 10 July 2014 - 10:31 PM.

Lol @ ^

Max Payne 3 multiplayer was fun. I couldn't sink hours into it but it was really fun. OP's idea isn't awful but it's just not what GTAO is about. Its a feature that simply isn't a match with GTA's arcade gameplay & setting

Yeah I really didnt play MP3 multiplayer that much either, but loved the story mode.  For me to play alot it have to be a openworld game with freeroam. Just wish I could mix in some element of both games to match my personal preferences. But you are right it isnt GTA and if R* would have done it this way too many would had complain and a few be happy ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users