Photo

Magic Pockets?...

78 replies to this topic
madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by madmanaz, 04 July 2014 - 08:09 PM.

Nope. I have trained my self to store this things in my ass.

To this day in my ass I have, a HAM radio, a pack of playing cards, 5 heavy machine guns, a Monopoly board, 3 helmets, a beer hat, 6 pistols, 39 pairs of sunglasses, a bottle of shampoo, a nudie magazine, 8 frozen microwave meals, a toothbrush, my laptop, Lester's phone, my phone, birth control, a mini Australian flag, and a travel pillow cause I'll be damned if I have to sleep on the cold cell floor during an apocalypse.

Oh, in the game? Yeah, they should change that

Can we derail this topic into a game of "Guess what's in my ass"?

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 04 July 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Nope. I have trained my self to store this things in my ass.

To this day in my ass I have, a HAM radio, a pack of playing cards, 5 heavy machine guns, a Monopoly board, 3 helmets, a beer hat, 6 pistols, 39 pairs of sunglasses, a bottle of shampoo, a nudie magazine, 8 frozen microwave meals, a toothbrush, my laptop, Lester's phone, my phone, birth control, a mini Australian flag, and a travel pillow cause I'll be damned if I have to sleep on the cold cell floor during an apocalypse.

Oh, in the game? Yeah, they should change that

Can we derail this topic into a game of "Guess what's in my ass"?

Yeah, cause I KNO those 8 frozen microwave dishes CANT still be frozen -.-

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

well if youre up for realism, you can always drop all your weapons and carry only those that make your game feel more real.

no one is forcing you to carry enough guns, ammo and explosives to start a civil war.

+1

OP and the other cry baby I suggest you walk around with a pistol and 12 bullets for added realism. Your character will not be weighed down and can sprint all day.

I was about to answer you with something more elaborated... then I saw your username. Seriously, you can't say sh*t with a name like that.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

Bitch im Harry Potter

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

The idea is a cool one. It'd be fun to combine that with several ideas from other stuff to make up this scenario:

-all players fight on teams, but each individual can only use one "class" of weapon; i.e. Shotguns, MGs, snipers, heavy artillery (g.launcher, RPG, minigun).

-the radar would be switched off, but you could still open the map to see your location

-players would fight with positions dictated by their weapon class similar to NPCs; snipers would be camping, riffle bearers would be at the forefront, teams would have explosives/grenade users setting traps, etc.

-each team would also have pilots and drivers. After defeating another team, you could take players from that team or take their property/ apt or house or whatever.

NOW. Although all of that sounds like fun, I would in NO way wanna replace the current GTA system with this -.- lol all of these are just things that would make a great game of its own with maybe using a GTA "template". If this were to be done, I would imagine this being an entirely new R* project instead of trying to change GTAO.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:41 PM Edited by ivarblaauw, 04 July 2014 - 08:43 PM.

Like I said before, I think quite a lot of people would be happy with a toggle option for holsters of favorite weapons. That you can also buy holsters in different styles, colors, places etc.

Maybe add ammo belts too.

All of the above is only for show, but it would be awesome nonetheless.

I personally like the idea of the weapon van or trunk. You call a contact and a van with weapons and ammo refill option would drive up.
Or access the trunk of your personal vehicle (or a friends/crew member). When a friend uses yours, you get some RP.

I have sent an idea to Rockstar a while ago about this.
Make it that you can only carry a limit of 5 weapon slots. (Heavy take in 3 slots, primary 2 slots and secondary 1 slot.)
Make ammunition more scarse in the game. That you can carry as much as in Max Payne 3 multiplayer. Ammo drop would make sense again too. Also give some perks that you can carry more ammunition, 2 assists count toward 1 kill in t
Your k/d and more.

Wishful thinking yes. but please give us the option of holsters (only for show), favoritise weapons and add the weapon van/trunk to refill your ammunition/buy special ammo, like flaming/rubber bullets, lasso, taser, molotovs and flares.
(Make it that rubber bullets are non lethal and disable anyone (excluding law enforcement) without getting a wanted level. Same with the taser, afterward arrest people with the lasso. Make it, that it only has effect on npc's and make some missions around it.
Example: disable guards without killing them, arrest target, bring to police station.
These could be non lethal high paying bounty hunter missions.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

Id like to see a deathmatch game type with limited weapons, so you can use your own weapons but you can only choose a few to take in with you. I know, I know, go play COD, but I do think it would bring some variety to DMs.

OTF_Crow
  • OTF_Crow

President of The Feared MC

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

This is how all of the previous GTA games have been. Why change it now?

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Yes true but they somewhat took a big step towards realism with IV. The game now has better graphics and feels more realistic with each title. The health is more realistic and the cops are tougher now. . Also they used this in Max Payne 3 and it looked very cool. I honestly thought R* would use something similar on GTA V. To me it felt like the natural way to go but im guessing it is like you say. People would say its not GTA and too many would complain about it.

andreuguerra
  • andreuguerra

Rat

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

We need this : 

pr-ab-35th-sps-van-digby-23-1968.jpg

• ten-a-penny and Niyologist like this

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

Realism and gta shouldn't be together.
  • 161isaiah161 likes this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by Muirenn, 04 July 2014 - 11:57 PM.

I can't hold all these weapons, just like how that guy can't hold all those limes. It's annoying, I don't want all those weapons, I don't use all those weapons. Let me carry what I want without my pants vacuuming them back to me all the time.

you can always drop all your weapons

And then pick them all up off the ground 5 minutes later and clutter up your weapon wheel again.

• blackindia and ten-a-penny like this

Static
  • Static

BickinBackBeingBool

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

Yes true but they somewhat took a big step towards realism with IV. The game now has better graphics and feels more realistic with each title. The health is more realistic and the cops are tougher now. . Also they used this in Max Payne 3 and it looked very cool. I honestly thought R* would use something similar on GTA V. To me it felt like the natural way to go but im guessing it is like you say. People would say its not GTA and too many would complain about it.

So what would be the point of retaining the Max Payne IP if it wasn't different from GTA somehow?

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

No Jones No Stones

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

I just pretend my charecter has the ability to poop out any weapon or inventory item on command. Just use your imagination.

autobot_hotwire
  • autobot_hotwire

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

OP, do you feel this is a system that should be added to all games?

LonerStoner97
  • LonerStoner97

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

No, GTA is GTA not max Payne 3 keep the max Payne features in the max Payne franchise, vice versa. Only thing i wanted from max Payne 3 in GTA is the dual 9mm,

MrMadMike
  • MrMadMike

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

How about no. I like my overpowered ARSEnal

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

There's no magic pocket... weapons/clothes/etc are all stored in our rectums.   It's a great place to store items... especially when you're crossing the border!

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

I would be ok with one weapon of each class.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:28 AM Edited by ktm_ryder, 05 July 2014 - 10:10 AM.

OP, do you feel this is a system that should be added to all games?

Yes I do actually. I had the same feeling on Skyrim, a fantasy game. Where my character could carry 100 swords, axes, armours and potions. I know a game cant and shouldnt be 100% realism but sometimes its just over the edge. For me at least. They could at least give him a backpack or let the horse carry some...   ;)

This is what GTA Online looks like today. Hats, funnys suits, masks and lots of guns... ;)

3464500_maxresdefault.jpg

I still love it though!

Its just I thought it would look more like this, balaclava , duffelbag and a rifle...

Gun_Combat610.jpg

rockstar_locks_onto_gta_v_cheaters_e785.

• ten-a-penny and FAT CURRY like this

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

hell no.

I hate games with systems like that. making you waste half your skill points just to carry the weapons and look you want.
the last of us was even worse. you cant even aim on that game unless you waste skill points on not shaking harder than someone with Parkinson's.

who said anything about skill points?
there's allready a skill system in place

have you played Max payne 3 online?
cuz you would imediatly understand what's being suggested
every1 gets the exact same inventory space but it's up to how and if you're going to use it all.
dno if the weight affecting movement speed and sprint duration thing would really work in this game (open world means a lot of running)
but I think the dynamic of having to pick your load-out could really add some depth to the game.

And what about cars with unlimited fuel? Not realistic. Why when you die you don't have to create another character and start from lvl 0? Not realistic. And also there's no condemned players in jail for a few years for murdering others players... And you don't need to eat or use the WC... Not realistic....
Come on! Real life is not fun XD

how many more times must this be said?
it's not about realism for the sake of realism so check that argument at the door thank you very much!
it's all about gameplay

Let's talk about game play then: What's the point on having just the weapons/items that a REAL person can move? This just sets a limitation to the game. Most people would use just the special carbine or the bull up... and a gun as a second weapon and maybe a few explosives... And what happens when you need the sniper? You have to return to your house to pick it up? Maybe you can have something in your PV back door? Or if you are using a sniper you can't fight properly in a CQB situation? I don't mean this wouldn't be fun... I know sniper tactics in BF, CS, COD and I love to play as a sniper. I just mean is a limitation to gameplay.
Limited fuel is also a limitation. And also would be fun to have limited fuel. People with fast cars would be go to the gas station more often, so supercars wouldn't be a impossible to catch objective if you drive a sultan.... Again people would find diferent tactics to play with diferents cars... Why I can clib mount chilliad with my Enity? Its hard to engage a Enity in offroad even with a Liberator...
Realism for the shake of realism? Realism or gameplay limitations simulating realism... Sorry I'm lost. XD

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

hell no.

I hate games with systems like that. making you waste half your skill points just to carry the weapons and look you want.
the last of us was even worse. you cant even aim on that game unless you waste skill points on not shaking harder than someone with Parkinson's.

every1 gets the exact same inventory space but it's up to how and if you're going to use it all.
dno if the weight affecting movement speed and sprint duration thing would really work in this game (open world means a lot of running)
but I think the dynamic of having to pick your load-out could really add some depth to the game.

And what about cars with unlimited fuel? Not realistic. Why when you die you don't have to create another character and start from lvl 0? Not realistic. And also there's no condemned players in jail for a few years for murdering others players... And you don't need to eat or use the WC... Not realistic....

it's not about realism for the sake of realism so check that argument at the door thank you very much!
it's all about gameplay

Let's talk about game play then: What's the point on having just the weapons/items that a REAL person can move? This just sets a limitation to the game. Most people would use just the special carbine or the bull up... and a gun as a second weapon and maybe a few explosives... And what happens when you need the sniper? You have to return to your house to pick it up? Maybe you can have something in your PV back door? Or if you are using a sniper you can't fight properly in a CQB situation? I don't mean this wouldn't be fun... I know sniper tactics in BF, CS, COD and I love to play as a sniper. I just mean is a limitation to gameplay.
Limited fuel is also a limitation. And also would be fun to have limited fuel. People with fast cars would be go to the gas station more often, so supercars wouldn't be a impossible to catch objective if you drive a sultan.... Again people would find diferent tactics to play with diferents cars... Why I can clib mount chilliad with my Enity? Its hard to engage a Enity in offroad even with a Liberator...
Realism for the shake of realism? Realism or gameplay limitations simulating realism... Sorry I'm lost. XD

I think the limitations would make it more fun. People would actually use normal cars so they can store guns. Pistols would be used more, RPGs less. Offroad vehicles would actually serve a real purpose. Tactics would be different. You could have a sniper and uzi or have a friend with assault rifle to cover you. I wish the supers also couldnt have bulletproof tires or armour.

I know im in a minority to the GTA community with this opinions, but to me I like a more criminal feeling. I just dont get that when all players have fantasy supers with funny clothes and spamming RPGs everywhere.

If they brought back different lobby options from IV maybe it could be done. Unrestricted-autoaim-close-spawning-chaos-mode for the 12 yr olds. And a mature more realistic mode for people like me with a different carry system, furter spawning distance, freeaim and different blip options. Oh and no need for a passive mode then either.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:38 AM Edited by CarimboHanky, 05 July 2014 - 10:40 AM.

i have been playing gta for the past 17 years, having the ability to carry all weapons you want with you have been a classic feature since it inception.

for added realism i want cars to require fuel, i want body armor not to deplet with falls and crashes, i want the police to stop having psychic ability, i want to have a gun locker at the apartment so i dont have to carry 7 different weapons of the same category.

you want limited guns, ammo, weight limit, you want to turn gta in something that is not.

and yeah, calling those of us that actually play the game "12yo" its really mature!

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:52 AM Edited by ktm_ryder, 05 July 2014 - 10:58 AM.

i have been playing gta for the past 17 years, having the ability to carry all weapons you want with you have been a classic feature since it inception.

for added realism i want cars to require fuel, i want body armor not to deplet with falls and crashes, i want the police to stop having psychic ability, i want to have a gun locker at the apartment so i dont have to carry 7 different weapons of the same category.

you want limited guns, ammo, weight limit, you want to turn gta in something that is not.

and yeah, calling those of us that actually play the game "12yo" its really mature!

Yes sry, the 12 yo comment was just a saying to exaggerate my point.  ;)

I play the game regardless but would be happy with minor adjustments also like...

Bodyarmour redone, like you said.

Gun storage at home. (I want the musket but not carry always)

Able to throw all guns including sweeper, musket.

Button prompt to prevent pickup all guns all the time

Make the wheel not change to a deafult weapon all the time. Annoying that it sets to pistol, uzi and pumpshotgun all the time.

The other thing I know wont happen and I can live with that, but this is what is really annoying and needs to be changed.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Button prompt to prevent pickup all guns all the time

Make the wheel not change to a deafult weapon all the time. Annoying that it sets to pistol, uzi and pumpshotgun all the time.

A checklist of "Weapons not to pick up" in Options would be awesome, so bored of dropping Pistols and SMGs.

And yes, default per-slot please... I have knives and golf clubs and hammers and yet every time you need to melee in a hurry you're almost always screwed.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 05 July 2014 - 12:29 PM.

So what would be the point of retaining the Max Payne IP if it wasn't different from GTA somehow?

there's plenty of differences besides how the player carries weapons

by your logic there's only room for one FPS

I mean cod and BF both use primary and secondary weapon slots so they're way too similar to justify both their existence

it's kind of a ridiculous argument

ow and I'm not so sure they're ever making a max payne game again

while it was a great game and sold reasonably well, it wasn't the huge success every1 was hoping for

sad really, for me it was like the best game released that year, was really unappreciated IMO 

so they can just go ahead and steal everything they want for gta

Dottie
  • Dottie

Lambda LPN DTT

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:52 PM Edited by Winning001, 05 July 2014 - 12:52 PM.

Um..you're wrong OP
Here's some proof
5047b27897311.jpeg
  • MilezDawg and Amazers9000 like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:42 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 05 July 2014 - 01:44 PM.

hell no.

it's all about gameplay

I think the limitations would make it more fun. People would actually use normal cars so they can store guns. Pistols would be used more, RPGs less. Offroad vehicles would actually serve a real purpose. Tactics would be different. You could have a sniper and uzi or have a friend with assault rifle to cover you. I wish the supers also couldnt have bulletproof tires or armour.

I know im in a minority to the GTA community with this opinions, but to me I like a more criminal feeling. I just dont get that when all players have fantasy supers with funny clothes and spamming RPGs everywhere.

If they brought back different lobby options from IV maybe it could be done. Unrestricted-autoaim-close-spawning-chaos-mode for the 12 yr olds. And a mature more realistic mode for people like me with a different carry system, furter spawning distance, freeaim and different blip options. Oh and no need for a passive mode then either.

this is basically what I mean.

I can't count the times I was having a cool shootout only to have it ruined because some1 decides they don't want to risk losing and starts spamming RPG's everywhere.

having the perfect weapon for every situation every time without fail is just boring.

same with stuff like 25 stickies, car shoot outs are a rarity because every1 and their mom has decided it's easier to just toss 12 sticky bombs every which way hoping to blow up the right target. (and more often than not themselves as well)

limiting these factors could really enrich the gameplay experience IMO

these kind of OP weapons would still be useable you just wouldn't be able to carry all of them all the time.

but like I said before I do think the system should be way more lenient than MP3, movement speed and sprint duration shouldn't be affected

and there should be more room as well

maybe like 2 pistol slots, 2 or 3 rifle/shotgun/(s)mg slots, a special slot for like a sniper, RPG or minigun and like 5-10 explosives

I think this specialization (due to the special slot) would be really cool, you'd either be long distance anti personnel, anti vehicle or a bit of both with the Minigun

the other slots also give you some room for customisation from cqc with shotguns and smgs to more long range with assault rifles and MG's

especially considering the skill bars we allready have and the different roles that will probably play some part in Heists

I mean they want this to be more RPG like right?

• blackindia likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

you want limited guns, ammo, weight limit,

Funny.. that with the last part of your post deleted it actually sounds fun.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Lambda LPN DTT

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by Winning001, 05 July 2014 - 01:52 PM.

Should go like this then
1 primary slot- either a shotgun, AR, sniper, MG, RPG, minigun
1 secondary slot- Sawnoff shotgun, SMGs, pistols
1 or 2 types of throwables in possession
1 or 2 Melee weapons in possession

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users