Photo

Magic Pockets?...

78 replies to this topic
ktm_ryder
  • ktm_ryder

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I know most GTA players will not agree with me here but this is my opinion.

When waiting for V to come I was really hoping they would skip the magic pockets this time and make something similar to Max Payne 3 with visible guns on the player. A more realistic carrying system where more guns and armour would also slow you down.

Kinda like this...

1 vest

1-2 pistols

1-2 rifles (with sling on players back)

5 grenades

5 healthpacks

Different types of rifles or extra ammo  could go in your PV kinda like in Little Jacobs trunk in IV.

GTA V loadout today is something more like this...

10 vests

6 pistols

4 smgs, 2 Heavy Machine Guns

5 carbines

2 snipers

2 knifes, 1 crowbar, 1 baseballbat, 1 golfclub, 1 broken bottle 

3 shotguns, 1 musket

1 RPG, 1 minigun, 1 grenade launcher

25 grenades, 25 smokegrenades, 25 sticky bombs

100ish types of snacks including 10 bottles of cola

Kinda silly in my opinion.

The Minigun and RPG is cool guns but Its lame to pull it out of nothing blast away then hide it and run like nothing again.

On a side note.

Tanks, jets and buzzard would be more expensive/hard to bring to the fight.

Spawn distance would be further apart.

Supers wouldnt have much extra storage, bulletproof tires or a bulletproof rear.

Vest wouldnt deplet as today.

Blips showing would depend on distance, stealth and noises.

• ivarblaauw, ten-a-penny, tjor24 and 6 others like this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by dewtech_2008, 3 weeks ago.

It's old school GTA Logic, especially when your character doesn't have any pockets (female in a skirt for example) yet out of their bra then can pull 30 guns plus 100,000 rounds, a phone, $300,000, 24 pairs of sunglasses, 15 hats, 5 motorcycle helmets, 30 chocolate bars, a 10 pack of beer, 20 cans of coke, 6 types of body armour and a parachute.

I've come to live with it, I'd hate to have to leave weapons at home then think I needed them...

• Bull12345Bull, ten-a-penny, Gunslinger_GK and 13 others like this

ChromeAdderFTW
  • ChromeAdderFTW

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

No.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vooodu, 3 weeks ago.

It would have made the game better if all the weapons had 1 slot for one weapon only with a carry limit on ammo and explosives.    They could of also added weight to limit what we use and make choice something to think about .  That would curb alot of bullsh*t that we see.

Like RPG spamming, mini gun spamming... Sticky spamming... etc.

Like holding a RPG and 3 rockets should take a HUGE chunk out of your weight carry limit which would limit the amount of ammo you could carry.

Instead we get magic pockets with a Rocket Launcher that can hold 25 rockets that all fits in out back pocket.   We carry more ammo on ourselves then an armys front line infantry.

• ktm_ryder, ten-a-penny, NikkoCharger and 1 other like this

ChromeAdderFTW
  • ChromeAdderFTW

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wow you losers think GTA is trying to replicate real life? what about the fact that you can go to the barbers and grow hair back with a click. Should they implement hair growth?

Get a life. The game is fine as is. This isn't Sims or Cock of Duty.
  • Bull12345Bull, Strengthcamp, MilezDawg and 10 others like this

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

Your Friendly Neighborhood Mandalorian

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Or you could just go play Max Payne 3 MP...

• Jeone, CraZeDAssAssi, bloatedsack and 2 others like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

well if youre up for realism, you can always drop all your weapons and carry only those that make your game feel more real.

no one is forcing you to carry enough guns, ammo and explosives to start a civil war.
  • D3ViOU5, godziller, CraZeDAssAssi and 1 other like this

ChromeAdderFTW
  • ChromeAdderFTW

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ChromeAdderFTW, 3 weeks ago.

well if youre up for realism, you can always drop all your weapons and carry only those that make your game feel more real.

no one is forcing you to carry enough guns, ammo and explosives to start a civil war.

+1

OP and the other cry baby I suggest you walk around with a pistol and 12 bullets for added realism. Your character will not be weighed down and can sprint all day.
  • CraZeDAssAssi likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by EZza2647, 3 weeks ago.

Nope. I have trained my self to store this things in my ass.

To this day in my anal cavity I have, a HAM radio, a pack of playing cards, 5 heavy machine guns, a Monopoly board, 3 helmets, a beer hat, 6 pistols, 39 pairs of sunglasses, a bottle of shampoo, a nudie magazine, 8 frozen microwave meals, a toothbrush, my laptop, Lester's phone, my phone, birth control, a mini Australian flag, and a travel pillow cause I'll be damned if I have to sleep on the cold cell floor during an apocalypse.

Oh, in the game? Yeah, they should change that

• Xyn, Dooma1090, PSgtaplayer1 and 9 others like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

No thats f*cking stupid. Also for added realism maybe they should limit you to 2 clips for pistols a 10 round clip for all assault riffles and no automatic guns. I mean it is California

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

it's GTA tradition u can carry all weapons . my joke : they're either stored to hammerspace ( produced in thin air ) or pocket dimension ( summoned anytime )

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Nothing is worst than forum snitches and grammar nazi's

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

My character has been to prison so he has an extremely loose asshole which comes in handy for caring around large amounts of guns and ammo
  • yakprince, Bull12345Bull, Jeone and 3 others like this

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you people not know what suspension of disbelief means? It means you accept the little things in games, movies, w/e entertainment, because thats all it is ENTERTAINMENT. Would you really want to run to a safe house or storage locker or w/e every time you wanted to switch a weapon?

• MilezDawg and tfroam like this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wow you losers think GTA is trying to replicate real life? what about the fact that you can go to the barbers and grow hair back with a click. Should they implement hair growth?

I think what OP said is great for some games but I like having a huge arsenal when it comes to gta. That said, you really don't need to be such a prick with your sh*tty comments.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Zwenkwiel, 3 weeks ago.

lol constructive arguments there mate.

but I'm not too suprised with a retarded troll name like that

not really the point, it's about overall gameplay and me carrying just what I could carry doesn't really change the RPG/Minigun spamming in the game

Do you people not know what suspension of disbelief means? It means you accept the little things in games, movies, w/e entertainment, because thats all it is ENTERTAINMENT. Would you really want to run to a safe house or storage locker or w/e every time you wanted to switch a weapon?

well you do have a car with a trunk, could have one loadout on you and another in the trunk (or multiple in a van or truckbed) to switch out or load up on ammo on the road.

I think that having to pick a realistic load-out for your character similar to how it's done in MP 3 would only add to the game.

you say it would be a hassle to go home every time you wanted to switch load-outs (we're not talking single weapons here btw)
I say it would finally give players a reason to go home, cuz I can't remember the last time I went past my gargage, the place is completely and utterly useless.

besides do any of you really need all the 35 weapons you're carrying at once

I mean all you really need is a pistol or smg, an assault rifle and a special weapon such as a sniper rifle or RPG

and the fact that you would have to make some choices would only make the game more dynamic and could add a lot of depth

personally I loved how in MP3 carrying just a single pistol without any armor had some really cool advantages when it came to movement speed and sprint duration while carrying a full loadout and heavy armor would make you more like a slow moving tank.

and I wouldn't mind seeing a similar (though more lenient) system in gta

• ktm_ryder, ten-a-penny and Timely like this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

an armory at our houses or in the 10 car garage would be awesome. its feels pretty bad ass choosing load outs for combat. and would give you another reason to go home.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vooodu, 3 weeks ago.

...Typical post from a person who does not understand the difference between good and bad game play decisions.

WTF does the SIMS or COD have to do with anything?

We are talking about weapon/ammo/explosive carries not hair cuts.  Hair cuts don't change the way the games played, dumb ass.

• ktm_ryder and ten-a-penny like this

Myoyoy
  • Myoyoy

defenderofthefaith \m/ \m/

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

well said!!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

...Typical post from a person who does not understand the difference between good and bad game play decisions.

WTF does the SIMS or COD have to do with anything?

We are talking about weapon/ammo/explosive carries not hair cuts.  Hair cuts don't change the way the games played, dumb ass.

look at his name and see the futility in your question. XD

you're absolutely right though

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 3 weeks ago

I guess they should make super cars not replaceable from insurance and when you die you don't respawn then...

To be honest it's a good idea but not for gta 5 or any other games in the series as its not a simulator
If your looking for realism just drop your guns and run around with an assault rifle and pistol or play arma 2 or another game

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Still hope they will do this some time in the future, or at least show optionable holsters + preferred weapons

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Love this idea. Look at all these crybabies too...
  • ktm_ryder and ten-a-penny like this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

hell no.

I hate games with systems like that. making you waste half your skill points just to carry the weapons and look you want.

the last of us was even worse. you cant even aim on that game unless you waste skill points on not shaking harder than someone with Parkinson's.

• Loc14 likes this

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Rat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

And what about cars with unlimited fuel? Not realistic. Why when you die you don't have to create another character and start from lvl 0? Not realistic. And also there's no condemned players in jail for a few years for murdering others players... And you don't need to eat or use the WC... Not realistic....
Come on! Real life is not fun XD
  • southernsontn, Jeone and RoyalRedXIII like this

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

NO NO NO the pockets are not magic .......you carry that weapon wheel on your back, plus a scaled down wardrobe closet......they are magic =Invisible until you hit the d pad

ktm_ryder
  • ktm_ryder

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ktm_ryder, 3 weeks ago.

Or you could just go play Max Payne 3 MP...

No V is still better then any game to me. MP3 dont have cars or freeroam and I dont play Deathmatches anyway.

I already know I would have like 1000 comments putting me down for every 3-4 positive reaction. As i said its my opinion and every one draws there line of realism somewhere. No I dont want my character to take a sh*t or his hair to grow, or never respawn when I die or be sent to prison for 10 years after I kill someone.

But I also dont like to respawn literally on top of the dude that just killed me. Thats COD to me, endless killing and spawning, I want the death ingame to have some impact.

I have thrown away lots of weapon. I try have as few as possible in every slot. But of course I want access to RPG especially when everybody else has it. Also my character keep picking up guns all the time. Also the sweeper, pistol and musket cant be thrown away at all.

I love every GTA game and I play it as it is. I just belive this would enhance the game feeling.

GTA IV was a step in the right direction for me but most other hated it. Rockstars listened to the community and took another direction again in V. Flippable cars, arcade driving and carry every gun in the game at once! To make all the crybabys happy. ;)

• ten-a-penny and Zwenkwiel like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

i just keep it in my bookbag. 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Zwenkwiel, 3 weeks ago.

hell no.

I hate games with systems like that. making you waste half your skill points just to carry the weapons and look you want.

the last of us was even worse. you cant even aim on that game unless you waste skill points on not shaking harder than someone with Parkinson's.

who said anything about skill points?

there's allready a skill system in place

have you played Max payne 3 online?

cuz you would imediatly understand what's being suggested

every1 gets the exact same inventory space but it's up to how and if you're going to use it all.

dno if the weight affecting movement speed and sprint duration thing would really work in this game (open world means a lot of running)

but I think the dynamic of having to pick your load-out could really add some depth to the game.

And what about cars with unlimited fuel? Not realistic. Why when you die you don't have to create another character and start from lvl 0? Not realistic. And also there's no condemned players in jail for a few years for murdering others players... And you don't need to eat or use the WC... Not realistic....
Come on! Real life is not fun XD

how many more times must this be said?

it's not about realism for the sake of realism so check that argument at the door thank you very much!

it's all about gameplay

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

>2014

>not keeping all your guns in your pouch

Step up OP

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

You can't expect R* to make a balanced online game. 90% of the players that play Online play to cause havok with tanks and explosives. If they limited the amount of guns we could carry many of them would cry because they can't spam stickies from their super car.
  • Zwenkwiel likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users