So is this the only Update this month?

48 replies to this topic
Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

The Valentine's Day Massacre Update was also one of those limited time specials, and was the only Update released in February if I remember.  It also came out more towards the middle of the month too.  The Independence Day update came out the 1st of this month this past week.  Only a couple weeks after The Hipster Update.  Considering how rather disappointing this latest update was, and Rockstar seems to only release 1 update a month.  Does that mean there's nothing to really look forward to for the rest of July?  I'm not even going to bring up the "H" word since they'll be out when their out.

Kash Kerd
  • Kash Kerd

purchase me now!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

yup, pretty much. 1 update a month. i dont think we've ever had 2 updates a month. and im kinda shocked you dont like the update. many people think it's the best one yet. and of course you cant expect it to be that big since its a limited time dlc which came out only 2 weeks after the last one.

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

I've been waiting to bring my theory to the world.  

The Valentine's day stuff only went away after the next update.  R* said that the Independence Day stuff will go away by the middle of the month.  So I think we will see another update in July.

• Lesbian_farts, sebcreed, Coreyandy5 and 1 other like this

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

When is it enough for you people? Here's a free update with new things. Your response; "It's good, but what else can you give me tomorrow?" Just learn to enjoy what you have and stop complaining about getting new things.

• Toke, TheIllaDopest, cg1221 and 7 others like this

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

The Valentine's day stuff only went away after the next update.  R* said that the Independence Day stuff will go away by the middle of the month.  So I think we will see another update in July.

My guess is the 22nd of july with a permanent update, as their average days between updates is around 35 days if I dont count this last update. The "H" word is probably already done by then (notice the coding added in last patch as shown to us by funmw2) and ready for release along with a new patch, and as they probably need a patch to lock out all the weapons rather than hotfix it, I am guessing they will finally put them up then. 

• Coreyandy5 likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Idioteque.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, they released it pretty early. I guess it gives more time to iron out the next update.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Considering Valentines Day is Feb 14th, it made sense to put it out around then and give us 2 weeks to play. Independence Day is the 4th (today in U.S.A.) and we get the content until the 14th/15th. Two weeks to play and get it all. With that thought why would there be any other DLC this month? There really aren't any major holidays coming until Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I would like to see Military Appreciation, Biker Gang and a few other small updates until the big ones but I'm not holding my breath. Besides, Halloween has a lot of potential as does Thanksgiving.

Halloween could feature a ton of costumes and masks the generic ghost costume to the alien skins modders wear. Thanksgiving could give us Native American headwear and the belted hats the settlers are always depicted in, bow and arrow, blunderbus,

In all honesty, some Canada day stuff would have been funny. Dudley Doright and his fellow Mounties could have made at least an appearance. What about the theater? Why no seasonal films?

I'm just coughing in the wind here. Sparking ideas in a dim morning mind.
  • Fallcreek likes this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

yup, pretty much. 1 update a month. i dont think we've ever had 2 updates a month. and im kinda shocked you dont like the update. many people think it's the best one yet. and of course you cant expect it to be that big since its a limited time dlc which came out only 2 weeks after the last one.

The shills think every new update is the best one yet. 

I take their opinions with a grain of salt. 

When is it enough for you people? Here's a free update with new things. Your response; "It's good, but what else can you give me tomorrow?" Just learn to enjoy what you have and stop complaining about getting new things.

Hey look, it's generic argument #3998! Congratulations, you sound just like every other f*cking whining peasant who doesn't understand what the word "free" actually means. 

Newsflash for ya broski, unless they're giving me all the new things at absolutely no cost to me(GTA $$$ included), then it's not free. 

We're the consumer, we have every goddamm right to complain, especially when the new things we want are being completely ignored. We get an awesome as f*ck firework launcher but is it permanent? Nope. Even though it costs 63k+

We get The Liberator, finally an actual monster truck(Which should've been in the game from the very start..-cough- San Andreas had one -cough-) BUT it's a friggin' Pegasus vehicle, so you can't even mod it. You also have no control over other players driving it so some schmuck that doesn't have one could potentially just pick you off and drive off in your ride and there ain't jack sh*t you can do other than killing them or blowing it up and calling in a new one. 

We get the Sovereign, which is arguably the best Harley-esque bike in the game, it's essentially a civilian variant of the police bike. Of course we can't even change the paintjob without using some kind of programs. Like really? Doesn't have to get rid of the flag design, just be able to actually change the color. It also has no visual mods at all of any sort which is highly disappointing. 

Other cool parts of the update, the new horns are nice but if they aren't permanent after you buy them that's bullsh*t, same applies with the tire smoke. Coincidentally they happen to have dark blue as part of it, yet no option to buy dark blue tire smoke. I find that to be quite bogus. 

I'm all for new vehicles and t shirts and all that sh*t but how about some actual features? How about more new game modes? How about the ability to own cop cars? How about the ability to bet at the horse track? How about the friggin' stock market? How about a new golf course or basketball, hell even BOWLING!? 

My point here is, stop trying to tell people what to do. If you're happy with it, that's great, stop bitching at/about the people who aren't. I'll make it clear, I've liked every piece of new content, why wouldn't I like more stuff? The problem is, just that stuff hasn't been enough and if you think I'm asking too much to actually have some legitimate life breathed into the game instead of just a way to temporarily refresh it a few weeks at a time then so be it. 

• dfeazy, Rammer2k and KingJohn like this

Kash Kerd
  • Kash Kerd

purchase me now!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by Kash Kerd, 04 July 2014 - 02:17 PM.

quick tip: if someone steals your pegasus vehicle then just drive inside a mod shop and it will force them out and move it back into storage.

• Maineah likes this

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

many people think it's the best one yet. 

im sorry who??

Kash Kerd
  • Kash Kerd

purchase me now!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

im sorry who??

american nationalists, people who love fireworks, people who love muskets, etc. the point is that lots of ppl like the update. maybe even for the new fairground rides and new properties.

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

-: Pro Heister :-

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

This makes a lot of sence to me. The H word will come out in mid July imo. If not, it will be anoter update.

• RDT33 likes this

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hey look, it's generic argument #3998! Congratulations, you sound just like every other f*cking whining peasant who doesn't understand what the word "free" actually means. 

Newsflash for ya broski, unless they're giving me all the new things at absolutely no cost to me(GTA $$$ included), then it's not free. 

We're the consumer, we have every goddamm right to complain, especially when the new things we want are being completely ignored. We get an awesome as f*ck firework launcher but is it permanent? Nope. Even though it costs 63k+

We get The Liberator, finally an actual monster truck(Which should've been in the game from the very start..-cough- San Andreas had one -cough-) BUT it's a friggin' Pegasus vehicle, so you can't even mod it. You also have no control over other players driving it so some schmuck that doesn't have one could potentially just pick you off and drive off in your ride and there ain't jack sh*t you can do other than killing them or blowing it up and calling in a new one. 

We get the Sovereign, which is arguably the best Harley-esque bike in the game, it's essentially a civilian variant of the police bike. Of course we can't even change the paintjob without using some kind of programs. Like really? Doesn't have to get rid of the flag design, just be able to actually change the color. It also has no visual mods at all of any sort which is highly disappointing. 

Other cool parts of the update, the new horns are nice but if they aren't permanent after you buy them that's bullsh*t, same applies with the tire smoke. Coincidentally they happen to have dark blue as part of it, yet no option to buy dark blue tire smoke. I find that to be quite bogus. 

I'm all for new vehicles and t shirts and all that sh*t but how about some actual features? How about more new game modes? How about the ability to own cop cars? How about the ability to bet at the horse track? How about the friggin' stock market? How about a new golf course or basketball, hell even BOWLING!? 

My point here is, stop trying to tell people what to do. If you're happy with it, that's great, stop bitching at/about the people who aren't. I'll make it clear, I've liked every piece of new content, why wouldn't I like more stuff? The problem is, just that stuff hasn't been enough and if you think I'm asking too much to actually have some legitimate life breathed into the game instead of just a way to temporarily refresh it a few weeks at a time then so be it. 

Thanks for proving my point.

• Keegeroo likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 04 July 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Thanks for proving my point.

Your point is a pretty stupid one tbh.

People can complain if they want but if R* are adding something we have next to no customization over then people have the right to moan. 

BTW, thought I'd be an ass to the ass. If you want to moan about people complaining about the DLC there's a thread for that. You know, maybe you can try and start sh*t there instead of here.

• MetalThrasherXtreme likes this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for putting me in my place. 

I fixed it for you. 

• TheMcSame likes this

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Keep bitching, stop playing.
That's the idea!

When I was a teenager, when snes and eventually ps1 games came out, what we got WAS WHAT WE GOT. You don't like it? Don't play it, that f*cking easy....then the internet comes along, forums grow in popularity, and every self-entitled person gets a voice when they should instead have a gag.
Thanks technology!
  • Xyn, TheIllaDopest, Khelandros and 3 others like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

People can complain if they want but if R* are adding something we have next to no customization over then people have the right to moan. 

Why?

Does the game work improperly because of it? Is it a game-breaking issue?

Nope, it's just a design decision for one vehicle R* made that you're just going to have to live with.

Moaning about the instability of servers is one thing, moaning that you can't alter every damn thing you want is quite another.

You may want to get the PC version if you want to alter everything you can.

• who-dat, Khelandros, jacka and 4 others like this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Man, you are not thankful at all.

And I really like this update, so many small fixes / additions that are really nice. And we got houses!

• Khelandros, Aquaticwonder and NubcakeVII like this

MizoreSoup
  • MizoreSoup

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Still waiting for the Goth/Punk pack
  • Jeone likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Why?

Does the game work improperly because of it? Is it a game-breaking issue?

Nope, it's just a design decision for one vehicle R* made that you're just going to have to live with.

Moaning about the instability of servers is one thing, moaning that you can't alter every damn thing you want is quite another.

You may want to get the PC version if you want to alter everything you can.

I doesn't matter who's decision it was or what is really worth moaning about. People can moan about any part of the game they want.

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by jackjoejim, 04 July 2014 - 04:59 PM.

When I was a teenager, when snes and eventually ps1 games came out, what we got WAS WHAT WE GOT. You don't like it? Don't play it, that f*cking easy....then the internet comes along, forums grow in popularity, and every self-entitled person gets a voice when they should instead have a gag.
Thanks technology!

Thanks technology? Those were the days back on ps1 where you had every bit of content given to you, day one! For one price! Final Fantasy 7 released today would have been buggy and sold at $40 for the 3 dics separately each. Don't blame the gamer, you're one yourself.

Mion
  • Mion

Black Panther

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Some people are DLC zombies and need new content to play the game and not come up with sh*t themselves I swear...
In relevance to this thread, Late July or Early August.

Static
  • Static

I'll trade the noise for a piece of divine

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Thanks technology!

Thanks technology? Those were the days back on ps1 where you had every bit of content given to you, day one! For one price! Final Fantasy 7 released today would have been buggy and sold at $40 for the 3 dics separately each. Don't blame the gamer, you're one yourself.

No blame the gamer for still buying sh*t products. If you don't agree with a company's business plan, don't support them by buying their product, and then hop on the interwebz to bitch about it.

Aquaticwonder
  • Aquaticwonder

Lemonade.

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Considering how rather disappointing this latest update was, and Rockstar seems to only release 1 update a month. 

Speak for yourself. Some people are rather happy with this update.

They added locations in Paleto Bay, something the GTA:O community on here has been clamoring for for months. They also added other property locations. I understand that people are upset about not having a 10 car garage in the country.... but it's the COUNTRY. Not the high rises. I don't see any mansions when I'm cruising down Paleto Blvd and Procopio Dr. 

I don't like everything in this update, but I am glad it added something things to GTA:O. (Pleasure Pier, new locations, new vehicles, new fireworks, new clothes)

jackjoejim
  • jackjoejim

Bomba-rass!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by jackjoejim, 04 July 2014 - 05:12 PM.

Thanks technology!

No blame the gamer for still buying sh*t products. If you don't agree with a company's business plan, don't support them by buying their product, and then hop on the interwebz to bitch about it.

Welcome to the internet. People go see movies and leave bad reviews on rotten tomatoes. This has been happening for a long time, and this is no different. Everyone here obvioulsy bought the game, and everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Maybe the people "bit*hing" will not buy the next one, who knows. But don't think R* give a dam about you because you're happy with it, you're a customer - thats it.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Where did all this love for the Independence Day update come from?  If I recall, there was nothing but pissing & moaning on here the 1st day is was released.  Whether someone likes the update or not is their prerogative, and I won't argue with it.  As I stated before, I wasn't too thrilled about it, besides getting the musket.  Off Topic, I would gladly pay $10 for any Single Player expansion, A Car Mods Pack, Music Pack, or hell, even a Mission Pack.  Anything besides these breadcrumbs Rockstar keeps feeding us.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

im sorry who??

Wow really?. They missed high life?. :). This update didn't impress me enough to buy much at all, few cloths and apparently a rented gun. Like 100k, I spent millions on high life.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Keep bitching, stop playing.
That's the idea!

Thanks technology!

Wanting actual content isn't bitching, dumbass. Educate yourself. 

Also, you're implying like I never owned a PS1 or a PS2 and don't remember that sh*t. Might I add back in those days, developers actually released games COMPLETE? No need for DLC, it wasn't a thing back in those days and it was great for the industry, games were actually finished products. 

Also, welcome to the 21st Century, consumers have a right to voice their desires. Like I said, those that are happy, great? Go be happy instead of bitching about those of us who are apparently "bitching". Really, you contradict yourself just by what you say. You're bitching about me "bitching", which in itself is utterly retarded. Gee, how do I stop someone from bitching? Oh, I know! I'll bitch at them, that'll sure get 'em to stop! 

rāngė
  • rāngė

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

I demand an update every two weeks since the heist delay. FU Q C*

Static
  • Static

I'll trade the noise for a piece of divine

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

Thanks technology!

Welcome to the internet. People go see movies and leave bad reviews on rotten tomatoes. This has been happening for a long time, and this is no different. Everyone here obvioulsy bought the game, and everyone has the right to voice their opinion.

Maybe the people "bit*hing" will not buy the next one, who knows. But don't think R* give a dam about you because you're happy with it, you're a customer - thats it.

Obviously, seeing a movie once and giving it a negative review and complaining about a video game and developer of said video game as you continually play said game are completely different things, thats bad example. When it comes down to it, voting with your wallet has a lot more effect than bitching about your opinion on the internet. Remember, you're a customer, that's it. So because I know that bitching about something on the internet never solves anything, I'm somehow in the wrong? If I didn't enjoy the game or had issues with it, I would return it, but that concept doesn't seem to enter most people's head for some reason.

• TalkToMyAgent likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users