Quantcast

» «
Photo

What do you DISLIKE about GTA IV's story?

128 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, A week ago.

What a cool bump (No sarcasm btw lol). To reiterate the point I made in 2014 the way Roman's debts are handled doesn't much sense. It would've been better if we physically had to pay them ourselves which would aleviate some of the uselessness of the in game economy.

Also as I'm up to this part in my current save I always thought Broker and Hove Beach in particular should've been a no go zone after Dimitri's betrayal. Niko says that he and Roman had to get away for a few days so I don't get why he'd go back so soon. Going into Broker/Hove Beach should've resulted in Dimitri's men becoming hostile like cars going after Niko every now and then.

A bit like Madrazo's guys in GTA V.

• Legomanarthur, theGTAking101 and Kane49 like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

What a cool bump (No sarcasm btw lol). To reiterate the point I made in 2014 the way Roman's debts are handled doesn't much sense. It would've been better if we physically had to pay them ourselves which would aleviate some of the uselessness of the in game economy.

Also as I'm up to this part in my current save I always thought Broker and Hove Beach in particular should've been a no go zone after Dimitri's betrayal. Niko says that he and Roman had to get away for a few days so I don't get why he'd go back so soon. Going into Broker/Hove Beach should've resulted in Dimitri's men becoming hostile like cars going after Niko every now and then.

Being able to pay off Roman's debts for him would have been interesting, and maybe as a way for Roman to do favors for you for helping him out (though I can't think of what he'd offer other than the standard free cab rides, or paying for meals when you take him out).

Hove Beach becoming a no-go zone would have made sense, it kind of reminds me of what happens to Portland in GTA III. Pretty much every gang there hates you and tries to kill you on sight. Though I think III's was a bit overkill and became too annoying (especially in St. Marks with the mafia guys' shotguns). Maybe in IV, you could have gotten a warning by any Russian gang members who spot you to leave before they attack you, kind of like how they warn you to leave if you bump into them. And maybe after the story ended, once Dimitri is dead (and Bulgarin along with all of their heroin being destroyed, as we'd find out in BOGT), Hove Beach would be safe to visit again due to the Russian mob probably being in shambles by that point.

• Algonquin Assassin, gunziness, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

A bit like Madrazo's guys in GTA V.

Yeah it has always bugged me that after Roman's Sorrow we had to go back to Brucie's apartment only to see Roman having fun in creating a lovemeet profile for Niko. I know he's an optimist but this has always seemed a bit off to me.

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101 and Kane49 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

Now you mention it Brucie's missions have always felt a bit awkward when they occur. Amidst the sh*t between Dimitri and Faustin it's weird to start them in the middle of that.

That's why I usually start them after Dimitri's betrayal because I picture Niko seeking Brucie as a way for he and Roman to get back on their feet after fleeing to Bohan. Plus they're a bit more lighted after the heavy set Dimitri/Faustin arc. I just wish Brucie was intoduced a tad later is all.

• Legomanarthur, theGTAking101 and Kane49 like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Hove Beach becoming a no-go zone would have made sense, it kind of reminds me of what happens to Portland in GTA III. Pretty much every gang there hates you and tries to kill you on sight. Though I think III's was a bit overkill and became too annoying (especially in St. Marks with the mafia guys' shotguns). Maybe in IV, you could have gotten a warning by any Russian gang members who spot you to leave before they attack you, kind of like how they warn you to leave if you bump into them. And maybe after the story ended, once Dimitri is dead (and Bulgarin along with all of their heroin being destroyed, as we'd find out in BOGT), Hove Beach would be safe to visit again due to the Russian mob probably being in shambles by that point.

It kind of is anyway. After running away from Broker with Roman, if you notice, the Russian gangsters in Hove Beach are much more hostile to Niko whenever he returns there, for instance if he stands too close to them, they react with violence and aggression much quicker than they did before. 

I wanted more of the drug-dealing stuff with Elisabeta and the Hispanic gangs. That would have been great. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

I wanted more of the drug-dealing stuff with Elisabeta and the Hispanic gangs. That would have been great. 

i didn't mind Elisabeta. She kind of broke the mould up until that point, but yeah some mores missions would've been cool.:)

• Official General likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted A week ago Edited by Zello, A week ago.

Elizabetas arc should have been longer. There needed to be a war between her and another crew for control of Bohan.

The same with Faustin I wanted to see the war between him and Kenny Petrovic.
  • Official General likes this

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Definitely agree that Elizabeta got arrested too early lol

Considering that she was also a part of TLADs story it wouldve been nice to see her as a part of TBOGT, possibly as a rival or an ally for Luis mini crew of him, Henrique, and Armando. Would make more sense due to South Bohans proximity to northern Algonquin.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Official General and Kane49 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 5 days ago

Definitely agree that Elizabeta got arrested too early lol

Considering that she was also a part of TLADs story it wouldve been nice to see her as a part of TBOGT, possibly as a rival or an ally for Luis mini crew of him, Henrique, and Armando. Would make more sense due to South Bohans proximity to northern Algonquin.

It would've interesting if she was an ally. That would've made her the only friendly contact in the entire GTA IV/EFLC saga to have worked with Niko, Johnny and Luis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users