Quantcast

» «
Photo

What do you DISLIKE about GTA IV's story?

117 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

What I dislike? Well, GTA IV missions are too easy and repetitive, with exception of 2 missions (The Snow Fall and Smackdown), I could beat the game only using Desert Eagle on missions that don't require you to use a sniper.

TBOGT by the other hand was perfect (besides the short story mode), there's a lot of difficult missions in that game that I've seen myself obligated to use all my arsenal and I was still failing the missions, like that mission where you must defend Tony inside Maisonette 9 from 875629619 Russians mobsters that was trying to kill both Luis and Tony.

Sadly for me, people are speaking that GTA V is even easier than GTA IV, I hope the online heists have the TBOGT difficulty level :(

We're only talking about the story. Not the missions. I think people really need to try and distinguish the two.

For real SOL, he obviously did not read the thread title properly.

I would not say IV was easy anyway, at least when I first played it. It was not very hard, but it certainly was not easy, and that includes EFLC.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

I finished it for the first time without cheats the other day. Not really hard but it doesn't hold your hand nearly as much as V. I liked it much more in that you're on your own in how you decide to go about most firefights. I was able to leave and go get ammo or different vehicles in some without being told I failed due to veering off an arbitrary course.
  • MiamiViceCity, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and matajuegos01 like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

I really like how much serious criminals like heroin dealers and diamond smugglers are seen in the game. I was also devastated by the fact the U.L Paper guy was so terribly used in V, he was amazing in his scenes with Niko, a real underrated character.
  • MiamiViceCity, na89340qv0n34b09q340, Donut and 2 others like this

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:04 AM Edited by EagleStrike, 22 July 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Ok so I haven't really stated what I dislike about the story but not much comes to mind. Like a few others, I wish there was more to the Playboy and Dwayne storyline there was only 5 missions and I felt that we didn't get enough of there history in the game. I also wish that Niko had maybe one or two more conversations with Michelle/Karen after meeting the UL contact. This one is very minor but I think Mallorie could have appeared in the story mode maybe an email conversation with Niko about Romans habits or something along those lines. Other than that I love GTA IV's story.

• MiamiViceCity, Official General, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

kevin de santa was dropped on the head as a child, obviously.

On topic, Vlad's missions are annoying.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

Shut up you f*cking yokel :rol:

• MiamiViceCity, theGTAking101, matajuegos01 and 1 other like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Tell this f*cking yokel here if he doesn't stop staring at me I'll have his head chopped off and a film of it put on the internet.
  • Gummy , Donut, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Maybe your whole yokel family drive around in a dirty car but that is not how we do it over here.
  • theGTAking101, Biohazard Abyss and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well, he and Blood-is-in-diamond are the real V fanboys, disregarding every GTA game before V.

I tend to like Vlad's missions though, I dislike Brucie's missions (especially the one with the gay date).

Been playing my 3rd playthrough, god mouse is useless when you only get 20-25 fps average.

Well, he and Blood-is-in-diamond are the real V fanboys, disregarding every GTA game before V.

I tend to like Vlad's missions though, I dislike Brucie's missions (especially the one with the gay date).

Been playing my 3rd playthrough, god mouse is useless when you only get 20-25 fps average.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Like a few others, I wish there was more to the Playboy and Dwayne storyline there was only 5 missions and I felt that we didn't get enough of there history in the game. Other than that I love GTA IV's story.

This, so this  :^:

I know I have already mentioned this, but I really would have loved to see more of the Playboy X and Dwayne part of the story so bad. The ghetto and hood side of Liberty City was so well portrayed and excellently depicted in the GTA IV. I've been to New York City many times, and I can tell you that the ghetto projects in IV really reminded me of the ghetto projects in real life NYC. The gangs in the hood in IV were also so realistically created, they were near-accurate recreations of the real life New York street gangs like United Blood Nation gang called Sex Money Murder (SMM) (M.O.B in IV), the Jamaican Posses (the same name in IV), the Latin Kings (Spanish Lords in IV), and the Dominicans Don't Play gang (Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers). I have to say that IV really nailed this side of the game. 

Imagine an episodic DLC with all this stuff ? It would have been crazily great !

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

The government was so well done in this game when it was shown. U.L Paper should have been more strict with Niko, but not controlling like the horrid cast of FBI agents (Norton aside), this would have given the story a chance to talk about Niko smuggling people into Italy, and being part of a rebel force as a youth. Imqgine having to use your camera to snap pictures of Ray to try and collect evidence. Niko does this so getting rid if him would be off his hands.
  • MiamiViceCity, Official General and Kampret like this

One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by One Man Standing, 22 July 2014 - 07:35 PM.

Killing Aiden O'Malley. He was a rat son of a bitch, but "The cliffs...the sea air...I really am free! I could cry." made me a bit sad, I would've wanted a opportunity to let him off  :)

Don't worry your little peasant head about this. Maybe your whole yokel family drives around with dirty cars, but not me.

• Official General, theGTAking101, Im2akillerfish and 2 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Killing Aiden O'Malley. He was a rat son of a bitch, but "The cliffs...the sea air...I really am free! I could cry." made me a bit sad, I would've wanted a opportunity to let him off  :)

I forgot about that, yeah I agree, I'm with you on that. I too felt bad about killing him, I wished I had an option to let him live. 

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

Don't worry your little peasant head about this. Maybe your whole yokel family drives around with dirty cars, but not me.

HEY!!!! I'M WALKING HERE! Let's go...

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

I liked Brucie, he reminded me of an old co-worker except without the juicing and all.

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

Like a few others, I wish there was more to the Playboy and Dwayne storyline there was only 5 missions and I felt that we didn't get enough of there history in the game. Other than that I love GTA IV's story.

This, so this  :^:

I know I have already mentioned this, but I really would have loved to see more of the Playboy X and Dwayne part of the story so bad. The ghetto and hood side of Liberty City was so well portrayed and excellently depicted in the GTA IV. I've been to New York City many times, and I can tell you that the ghetto projects in IV really reminded me of the ghetto projects in real life NYC. The gangs in the hood in IV were also so realistically created, they were near-accurate recreations of the real life New York street gangs like United Blood Nation gang called Sex Money Murder (SMM) (M.O.B in IV), the Jamaican Posses (the same name in IV), the Latin Kings (Spanish Lords in IV), and the Dominicans Don't Play gang (Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers). I have to say that IV really nailed this side of the game. 

Imagine an episodic DLC with all this stuff ? It would have been crazily great !

North Algonquin has to be my favorite location/neighborhood in GTA IV. I've never been to NYC myself but just the detail in that area gives you a good impression of the place. I hope that once I get a better PC I can make some GTA IV videos. One idea I have in mind is a prequel to Dwayne and Playboy's story that eventually leads up to The Holland Play.
  • Official General and theGTAking101 like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Man if Playboy X survives he has a bright future.

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:31 AM Edited by fefenc, 23 July 2014 - 02:32 AM.

even R* wants he dead because if you kill dwayne, you will never complete 100% of the game, there's the fact Niko knows he can't obey all orders that's given to him and he tells playboy he already knows what decision he'll take with 100% sure of this decision.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Actually Dwayne isn't needed for 100%. You won't get one achievement without him, but you can get 100% anyway. 

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

I don't like how either Roman or Kate has to die in the game.

Although I understand that this is how life works as a criminal, there was really no reason for either of them to die. Dimitri's gunman going to the wedding and accidentally shooting Roman instead of Niko was stupid. Pegorino drive-by shooting Kate in the chest by accident was just disturbing.

On the ride to the wedding with Kate in the revenge ending she talks about finally wanting a relationship with Niko and what not, then she dies... The end of the story is about guilt, Niko's involvements with crime caused the death of Kate and even says to himself "so this is the American dream." Cold.
  • Mr_Leone and theGTAking101 like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

This game doesn't hold your hand and give you a blowjob like ending C in GTA V.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

I didn't like any of the endings to V; they all felt like copouts to me rather than how the writers genuinely felt it should end. IV feels a bit contrived with how similar the two last missions play out but at least they felt honest.
  • MiamiViceCity, theGTAking101 and Drunken Cowboy like this

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

I understand but I still would've liked a happier ending for Niko. Maybe Roman/Kate get shot and are in critical condition but survive their wounds.

I know Luis kills Bulgarin but I wish Niko would've killed him. He essentially "owned" Niko when he worked for him and falsely accused of him betraying him, that must've made Niko feel trapped.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

I understand but I still would've liked a happier ending for Niko. Maybe Roman/Kate get shot and are in critical condition but survive their wounds.

Too cliche.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Nothing really. It was epic. It had that ending that made you feel upset about finishing the game. Whereas V's story was a disaster and had no impact on my emotions. Meaning i was 0% immersed into the story. But as for IV's story, it was very immersive. 

• MiamiViceCity, Official General, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

I hated the whole thing tbh gtavs story is a million time s better

Reading sh*t like this makes me lose faith in humanity. :|

• MiamiViceCity, theGTAking101, Voggs and 1 other like this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

kevin de santa is open to his own opinion, but if he hates IV as much as he does he's a f*cking troll for constantly spending hours around here to tell people how much he hates the game.

On-topic, if we can count TBOGT as a part of IV's story I've got to say how confusingly stupid Rocco's rank was in comparison to his uncle Vince. Vince was older and seemed more-so the serious mafioso type, yet the story portrayed him as nothing when it came down to who Luis but a bullet into. However Rocco's position comes into question a bit, he's young and stupid, yet seems as if he's constantly switching between being an associate and a made-man with his dialogue. Very confusing.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

I've loved the story ever since I first finished it in March 2009. When I started to replay IV every summer since 2012, my love for the story has only grown. So unlike some people, I'm not praising IV's story just because I didn't like V's that much. And there's barely anything about the story that I don't like. What vanilla IV lacked, EFLC made up for it,

• theGTAking101 and Kampret like this

PeriodZeroHero
  • PeriodZeroHero

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

I didn't like that Kate never put out like I just rob a bank and escaped 6 stars with your brother and payed for your drinks at that bar like wtf pull down those pants smh

• Ermac, theGTAking101, Scaglietti and 1 other like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

I didn't like that Kate never put out like I just rob a bank and escaped 6 stars with your brother and payed for your drinks at that bar like wtf pull down those pants smh

Word to the wise, she don't put out. Which is convenient, because I would have to kill you.
  • Donut and theGTAking101 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users