Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Mystery Topic

3,489 replies to this topic

Poll: Involvement Poll (215 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your current level of involvement with the GTA V Mystery Hunt thread?

1. Actively hunting/participating (22 votes [10.23%])

Percentage of vote: 10.23%

2. Actively hunting, not posting due to no relevant/new finds (38 votes [17.67%])

Percentage of vote: 17.67%

3. Actively participating in thread, no longer hunting (10 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

4. Waiting for CG release (35 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

5. Lurker (110 votes [51.16%])

Percentage of vote: 51.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

@Dog_Bread Keep your fanfiction in the deeper meaning thread.
  • Eram, Ungreth and razgriz67 like this

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

According to this...

0_0.jpg

There's something happening this week.

Looks like H/D...um...something?

• Fran_Halen and CanOdope like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:51 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 08 July 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Not that it helped matters much with the mods here throwing our collected findings to the wind...ahem!

Your collected findings were not 'thrown to the wind'

They were accidentally merged into this thread here and I am splitting the Mystery posts from this 'double topic'  

I have created a read-only archive here whence they will be saved. This archive is a WIP because I am splitting the posts in batches rather than doing it all in one sitting. Each time a batch of posts are split (and all the off topic chatter removed) I have to wait 24 hours for the forum database to update so I can merge the split posts into the new archive. Therefore this is extremely time consuming.

The end result will be:

• A fresh new start for the Mystery Topic (this thread)
  • An archived thread for the old posts.
  • A 'clean as you go' pruning of trashy posts that constitute a huge percentage of the original thread..

The situation will therefore be the better for everyone after all.

Thanks.

• BlackScout, Kecin, dtsmucker and 2 others like this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 08 July 2014 - 05:13 PM.

@Dog's last post (Edit - just mod removed, many thanks for that Barefoot) - Reported of course!

Damn man, after the merging threads episode, this thread is now just 3 pages and you already felt the need to come in here with this kind of post, trying to derail the few thoughts that some members still care to post.

Why didn't you post it at the Metaphor? Things are pretty active there (well more than here anyway), so you'll surely find lots of members there willing to discuss this stuff with you.

I'm sure you're aware that people here just don't care about any of it, so why do it?. Whenever I want the latest on the esoteric stuff, I go read my unread posts in there.

Edit @Nikolai - I'm yet to update with 1.15, hopefully will do it this evening. By then I'll be able to confirm at least if the green light is still there or not (if no one does it before). I haven't read about any (strange/file) finding on 1.15 yet, either than the things mentioned at the patch notes.

@Ungreth - Maybe next week we'll finally have the Monster Truck Festival that was scheduled for July 17th (remember the posters?) ;)

• CanOdope likes this

TheDaedricGod
  • TheDaedricGod

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Has anybody found anything new at fort Zancudo thats relative to the mystery?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

I wondered the other day when I saw a ped wearing a spacesuit at the film studio why they would bother making a spacesuit.

It wasn't until later on in the evening while playing multiplayer I focused my attention on the moon. It was noon and the moon was out with nighttime setting in and I looked at the stars. I don't know if anyone has noticed but the stars actually pass in front of the moon witch tends to suggest to me that the moon is actually rendered outside of the skybox has anyone actually tried going there to see whether it's actually a rendered model with the use of mods?
  • dAfTpUnK2010 likes this

Rich Heard
  • Rich Heard

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

This is with regards to the "full moon party"

http://socialclub.ro...hMk-12HHG3cWp5A

The three lines in the middle pretty well mean "equal to" or "if this than that"

http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/Triple_bar

So should we not give more focus to the crescent moon?

Just a thought.

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edeh

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Confirmed - Green light close to HLabs' beach, glitch imho, just go to page 2 and read it, is still there after 1.15. 

I'll take pics if anyone doubts me!

• CanOdope likes this

LyrAyem
  • LyrAyem

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

I think I know how to find the jet pack, you should try to place the three characters at certain points. these points UFO, EGG and a place where jet pack will be. Try to guesss this points. I'll give a hint - 1. Michael - on the top of Ufo above Zancudo base... 

LyrAyem
  • LyrAyem

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

because I want to forum participants develop a hunch and discussion. i didn't finished game 100%, and can't try. second hint)), trevor on egg, franklin on jet pack

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

Is it just me or do the people that "Can't" get 100% think they know better then the people that actually do have 100%?

This to me is the ultimate mystery
  • Eram, Macontheweb007, CanOdope and 1 other like this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Seriously... Did you even think about that "theory" before you posted it? How can the solution to the puzzle be a part of the puzzle? If we knew where the jetpack was, which we would need to in order to stand there, we would have no need to even do anything you're suggesting.
  • Eram, Artruo and razgriz67 like this

LyrAyem
  • LyrAyem

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

jet pack is not there all the time, only when all 3 characters are on correct placese. I am sure that EGG is a place.... it is a prison! it is simple))

LyrAyem
  • LyrAyem

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

boiled egg on picture, it is broken... ahh.. Boilingbroke Peniteniary is obvious man))

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:14 AM Edited by razgriz67, 09 July 2014 - 07:43 AM.

It's also accepted that the dual stairs for the maze bank can be interpreted as a cracked egg. So you need to do better then that

Terrazi Terrajin
  • Terrazi Terrajin

I want you to feel the pressure.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:21 AM Edited by Terrazi Terrajin, 09 July 2014 - 07:30 AM.

I personally believe the 3 pictures at the base of the mural stand for the 3 ufos, nothing more. Those images help you to find them, let me explain some.

The egg is directly tied to the ufo at the peak of chiliad, which is also the eye, this tells you to look for more/others as it's only a visual representative of the other 2 you have yet to find.

The space ship icon is exactly the same as the ufo found on the roof of the station wagon at the sandy shores shrine, which is located on a red circle with a large red arrow pointing to it, not to mention the "beam me up" sign and various other alien hype props around this area. If you fly up from the car, you of course find your second ufo.

And last but not least, the jetpack image. A player sees this and thinks, oh there must be a jetpack somewhere. So where would you find a jetpack in a gta game if SA was any indication? At a military base of course, underground even more so. This sends you to go and investigate fort zancudo, and what do you find there? An elevator with "-1" on its screen located in a bunker. Paying close attention to that bunker shows you the light display that begins at 1AM and progresses into 3AM. Follow those lights up into the sky and you find your 3rd and final UFO.

The zancudo ufo also says "segregate and rearrange" on its cockpit, and as we all know now, rearranging the letters in segregate spells out easter egg. And there you have it.

I posted this on reddit but I thought it'd be worth it to bring it here as well.

• Moontallico, Inb4DDoS and Bozzah like this

Deviant.
  • Deviant.

Eating all the chickens

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:10 AM Edited by Deviant., 09 July 2014 - 08:10 AM.

I think I know how to find the jet pack, you should try to place the three characters at certain points. these points UFO, EGG and a place where jet pack will be. Try to guesss this points. I'll give a hint - 1. Michael - on the top of Ufo above Zancudo base... 

I don't think you know what a hint is

• Bozzah likes this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

hey at least he made a wise 'crack' about the egg...and it does have some ring to it lol 'Bolingbroke' ... only one letter away from boiling.

What was in cell 9a? Why all those funny blue rotating lights? Why can you get into all the sniper towers when so much else in this game is locked...i dont remember a mission where you use the sniper towers....

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

@terrazi
That to me is ok reasoning with glyphs aside but to play devils advocate

that doesn't explain the coincidence that the 2 glyphs ( = 2 boxes) equals the chiliad UFO or your no box egg

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:54 AM Edited by Bozzah, 09 July 2014 - 09:00 AM.

what if we need to commit suicide somewhere at the right moment ?

probably as Michael, since he's the one who had the alien hallucinations when he was on that killer-weed.

he's also the one who stars in that movie (and there are people dressed up like aliens on that set)

polaris23
  • polaris23

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

Why oh why have you added that Jetpack image Rockstar!?!? We're clueless.
  • CanOdope likes this

Stipeyy
  • Stipeyy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Don't feed the trolls guys...
  • Eram likes this

Slate Mc
  • Slate Mc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

probably as Michael, since he's the one who had the alien hallucinations when he was on that killer-weed.

he's also the one who stars in that movie (and there are people dressed up like aliens on that set)

Michael does not star in any movie. Have you been playing a different game ?

I personally believe the 3 pictures at the base of the mural stand for the 3 ufos, nothing more. Those images help you to find them, let me explain some.

The egg is directly tied to the ufo at the peak of chiliad, which is also the eye, this tells you to look for more/others as it's only a visual representative of the other 2 you have yet to find.

The space ship icon is exactly the same as the ufo found on the roof of the station wagon at the sandy shores shrine, which is located on a red circle with a large red arrow pointing to it, not to mention the "beam me up" sign and various other alien hype props around this area. If you fly up from the car, you of course find your second ufo.

And last but not least, the jetpack image. A player sees this and thinks, oh there must be a jetpack somewhere. So where would you find a jetpack in a gta game if SA was any indication? At a military base of course, underground even more so. This sends you to go and investigate fort zancudo, and what do you find there? An elevator with "-1" on its screen located in a bunker. Paying close attention to that bunker shows you the light display that begins at 1AM and progresses into 3AM. Follow those lights up into the sky and you find your 3rd and final UFO.

The zancudo ufo also says "segregate and rearrange" on its cockpit, and as we all know now, rearranging the letters in segregate spells out easter egg. And there you have it.

I posted this on reddit but I thought it'd be worth it to bring it here as well.

If your theory is correct then you are saying we have wasted the last 11 months of our lives searching for a mystery that does not exist, and that can not be so can it ?

• Wanderer800 likes this

liquid1912
  • liquid1912

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

UFO,EGG,JETPACK, we've seen at least 2. Even if none of the 3 can be used and only seen, we're missing 1. Yes, we have seen 3 UFOS,and yes, we have seen Easter Eggs. I haven't seen a Jetpack, has anyone else?

• CanOdope likes this

Terrazi Terrajin
  • Terrazi Terrajin

I want you to feel the pressure.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:01 PM Edited by Terrazi Terrajin, 09 July 2014 - 05:02 PM.

Michael does not star in any movie. Have you been playing a different game ?

If your theory is correct then you are saying we have wasted the last 11 months of our lives searching for a mystery that does not exist, and that can not be so can it ?

It actually can be, and is likely the answer at the time being.
Plenty this day suggests there is no reward in the game's files for us to obtain through any means at all, yet alone this out of control goose chase. 

WesternMotorcycleCo.
  • WesternMotorcycleCo.

Western Motorcycle Company Cruisers

• WMCC
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by TPenterprise, 09 July 2014 - 05:09 PM.

Firstly, I was online so it might be worth someone checking this out in SP as most secrets are to be found in SP only.

I was just driving around the dam when I saw this white "X" on the building. I immediately thought "X marks the spot" and it looks a bit random so I thought it could be significant, the X could also relate to the X's on the mural. Perhaps the building number is also relevant. Images below.

0_0.jpg

More X's (+ signs?) on the ground

0_0.jpg

This last one is possibly irrelevant but it could relate to the thunder bolts around the chiliad mural.

0_0.jpg

This could all mean nothing, but when looking for Easter eggs/secrets it's important to remember that someone had to put that symbol there, and why (e.g. why would they put an X there, why did they choose the number 128 [could be random though] ) This kind of thing doesn't really add anything to the environment and it wouldn't make a difference to the "atmosphere" (can't think of the word) if it wasn't there. This is why I think there may be a reason for it being there.

EDIT: Found some more stuff.

No. 22

0_0.jpg

Building 152, interior visible, sign to left says "Floorload 325lbs  per sq ft" - does anything happen if you put a heavy load on here?

0_0.jpg

52-17-11

0_0.jpg

EDIT again:

Not sure if this is significant but I found this, and the first aid box was closed but I hit it and it opened.

0_0.jpg

Rich Heard
  • Rich Heard

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Just curious, did anything ever come of this?

http://gta-myths.wik...The_Quantum_Man

Seems interesting.
  • Slate Mc likes this

WesternMotorcycleCo.
  • WesternMotorcycleCo.

Western Motorcycle Company Cruisers

• WMCC
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Just curious, did anything ever come of this?

http://gta-myths.wik...The_Quantum_Man

Seems interesting.

Seems random and pointless. You could overlay any image onto the map. I don't see any significance in this one.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:50 PM Edited by CanOdope, 09 July 2014 - 10:51 PM.

@TPenterprise I'm pretty sure the x's/+'s on the ground are there for realism. Those markings are commonly used to identify the location of pipes/wires under concrete. Regarding the x on the building, I couldn't say for sure, but it's probably nothing just like all the other x's scattered throughout the world.
  • the buckit and Wanderer800 like this

Wanderer800
  • Wanderer800

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by Wanderer800, 10 July 2014 - 05:03 AM.

@TPenterprise I'm pretty sure the x's/+'s on the ground are there for realism. Those markings are commonly used to identify the location of pipes/wires under concrete. Regarding the x on the building, I couldn't say for sure, but it's probably nothing just like all the other x's scattered throughout the world.

Yes, those x's are everywhere, there are a few outside Vanilla Unicorn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users