Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Mystery Topic

3,489 replies to this topic

Poll: Involvement Poll (215 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your current level of involvement with the GTA V Mystery Hunt thread?

1. Actively hunting/participating (22 votes [10.23%])

Percentage of vote: 10.23%

2. Actively hunting, not posting due to no relevant/new finds (38 votes [17.67%])

Percentage of vote: 17.67%

3. Actively participating in thread, no longer hunting (10 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

4. Waiting for CG release (35 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

5. Lurker (110 votes [51.16%])

Percentage of vote: 51.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TirkaneX
  • TirkaneX

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:29 PM Edited by TirkaneX, 04 July 2014 - 09:30 PM.

the real deal is where insert the "full moon party" among all stuffs, nothing is consistent, except the story/ies after handing/playing it in order.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

Anyone here getting tired of all the shifting threads around? If so, I've got a place where we can continue all of our discussions in a more organized manner.

gtafive.freeforums.net

Check it out, it's even Tapatalk compatible.

TH3 ONE
  • TH3 ONE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

@Ethanh59 if you're interested in full moon parties:

The first Full Moon Party was improvised at a wooden disco not far from the beach in 1985, for giving thanks to about 2030 travelers.[1] The parties gained fame through word of mouth, and the event now draws a crowd of about 5,00030,000 every full moon evening.[1][2][3] The party carries on until the sun rises the next day. The bars on the sunrise beach of Haad Rin town stay open and play music such as psychedelic trance, R&B, drum and bass, house, dance and reggae. The modern event has become a part of the itinerary of many travelers to South East Asia.

Copied from wiki after reading a few sites, apparently the next real full moon party is 13th July

If R* have done this at a certain time etc finding this could prove we need to find really specific time/location combination to lead us to the rest of the mystery
  • Kecin and CanOdope like this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:32 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 05 July 2014 - 12:35 AM.

Note - This was my reply from yesterday to the green light posts. It vanished from any of the threads, but Barefoot Tiger was kind enough to find it again for me. It was shifted to the Metaphor Thread but IMHO it belongs at Mystery (well, maybe at glitches....), hence why I'm copy/pasting it here. 

Green light at water I think.

I believe this is incorrect.
If I recall correctly, the green light was further up on the map (A bit).

I believe you're right...I need to go see what that is now.

Regarding the green light "spawning" spot, it's not a fixed one, so Yes and No  :)

For me, the best way to see the green light was nighttime low hovering around that position shown at auntjeff's pic (Edit on page 1 of this thread), just some meters NE of the H. Labs tunnel, with the Cargobob (don't know why but with the buzz it's a bit harder to spot it) though it's also possible to spot it on foot on the closeby cliff, even on daytime.

When spotted, if playing with the analog/camera stick, you can make it "travel" from the H. Lab's beach, get it right under your heli and "finish it" by the small beach right next to the tunnel entrance. Hence why imo it's just a glitch.

Green light it's a glitch! pm me and i'll show ig (last Oct) pics... Old news lol! [...]

Just out of curiosity. If it was a lighting glitch. Then was the source of the light found?

I believe this was already answered by Stipeyy - the H. Labs tunnel's entrance it's the best guess. This was my conclusion, and it was also Tadd's conclusion when he finally saw it, but kindly note that I haven't checked for it after 1.15 (only after 1.14) since I wasn't able to upgrade just yet.

Quote from Tadd's when he finally saw it:

Spoiler

Here's a couple of my own pics (lousy ones I know, sorry, if you use the search function you'll find much better ones, showing it on different spots around the bay) of the thing, note how the position changed while I just played with the right stick, the heli was hovering on the same position on both pics:

Spoiler

Even Deadman, the one that found the damn thing, admitted it in the end that it was just a glitch.

Though, I still think something might be going on near H. Labs, with all those golden trees nearby and the weird sunrise lighting effect at "Deadman's Cove". Maybe only deployed after new gen release though  ;)

• Stipeyy likes this

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

If R* have done this at a certain time etc finding this could prove we need to find really specific time/location combination to lead us to the rest of the mystery

If so. Then let's prove it with this party. We know the general time frame (at night under a full moon) and we know the general area (hippy says it's in the desert plus if R* wants to be as precise as possible [which they usually do] it's should be along the beach line. Alamo sea maybe?)
  • CanOdope likes this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:40 AM Edited by strakan7, 05 July 2014 - 12:41 AM.

The first Full Moon Party was improvised at a wooden disco not far from the beach

Anyone remember the wooden stages in various places like stab city and the trailers at the windfarm?

Should add, they had unexplained lights/colours around them

liquid1912
  • liquid1912

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

All this moon stuff might make sense as to why absolutely nobody has found anything more thus far. Whatever it is we're supposed to witness next is exactly what razgriz67 said. Precise. The right spot,location,time,weather,character, clothing(not so much but maybe),car. If it's a list like that we're in for some trouble, we need to at least secure the location.

On a side note, let's say the sun shines down on a damaged wall with a hole in it(or something along the lines). Now, on the other side of that wall is some graffiti(or picture etc), and at the right time with the sun shining through...ya catch my drift? Can anyone think of any spots this may be possible? The sun could illuminate a clue....just a random thought.

• CanOdope and YaHomieShrreder like this

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Pylons.....pylons everywhere ......the pylon on top of the chickens head is funny, so i laughed and moved on after having shot it down for kicks.....but then i started to notice pylons in the strangest places, on top of roofs ,on top of shacks, just odd places, i never thought to mark there locations but i will now if i see them again cause its either just for fun or its markers.

• strakan7 and CanOdope like this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

when you say 'pylon on the chickens head' are you talking about the traffic cone on the cluckin bell chicken in Paleto...? Or am I misunderstanding pylon? (large steel frame used to suspend power lines)

• CanOdope and YaHomieShrreder like this

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

when you say 'pylon on the chickens head' are you talking about the traffic cone on the cluckin bell chicken in Paleto...? Or am I misunderstanding pylon? (large steel frame used to suspend power lines)

No sir you are correct, traffic cones are also called pylons so ya thats what i mean :),keep your eyes open when you fly around in the heli and you will see them in odd places

• strakan7 likes this

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

outside the mission area

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 06 July 2014 - 05:47 PM.

As a long-time egg hunter I would like to extend an olive branch to anyone interested in mystery matters.

Whether you are a n00b or a veteran, I am offering a question and answer session in GTAO tonite from 10pm UK time (5pm New York, 2pm LA). We can also hop in a bus (or a heli) and tour around mystery relevant locations. This will be on PS3.

This will be done via the Chiliad Messiah crew:

http://socialclub.ro...hiliad_messiah#

Join the crew, (you can be in several at a time) and message Dog_Bread on PSN for an invite.

Especially welcome would be anyone who has both Playstation and XBOX... you can conduct similar tours on the other console.

Many theories benefit from illustration in the game world, even if you have read every single post! Also this is a great way to enlarge your circle of friends and get to know the voices behind the screen names.

I am going to be on for about three hours, so join later if you have to. Hope to see you there :)

The recruitment forum is here: http://gtaforums.com...ew-recruitment/

As CanOdope has requested below, please use that forum for recruitment, not this topic. Thanks.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Well, seeing as I'm the new OP, I was going to update the first post with my general write-up of the mystery, but it appears that Barefoot Tiger has already taken care of that, and done a better job than I had. Lol. Thanks.

@Dog_Bread stop trying to recruit for your cult here. If you want to arrange an online meet up, there's already a section for that in the GTAO board.
  • strakan7, Eram, dAfTpUnK2010 and 1 other like this

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

Pylons.....pylons everywhere ......the pylon on top of the chickens head is funny, so i laughed and moved on after having shot it down for kicks.....but then i started to notice pylons in the strangest places, on top of roofs ,on top of shacks, just odd places, i never thought to mark there locations but i will now if i see them again cause its either just for fun or its markers.

I always thought the traffic cone on the chicken's head was a nod towards gta 3Airport_Statue_(GTA3).jpg I didn't know there were more in odd places, except some lying in the underground section where you ride the bikes on the jewellery heist mission, i always thought it was odd them being underground but idk.

• AgentGTAVI and socrates75 like this

Sandeman83
  • Sandeman83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

So where's the k man at this time on a weekend? Don't tell me the forum change has confused a master criminal like that? Most likely his mum's called him in for tea...

Nikolai, did you ever get anywhere with the hippy glyphs? I had a look but pulled a blank other than vague crop circle jumbo (can't believe that's a real thing, it's staggeringly inept :)) got a feeling there's a real hatch type message there that's beyond my maths /spatial recognition/ cryptography abilities.
  • dAfTpUnK2010 and CanOdope like this

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

I always thought the traffic cone on the chicken's head was a nod towards gta 3Airport_Statue_(GTA3).jpg I didn't know there were more in odd places, except some lying in the underground section where you ride the bikes on the jewellery heist mission, i always thought it was odd them being underground but idk.

Nice find man, see what i mean? odd places right?? most likely for fun but if we map them they may be there for a reason, wheres this one located?

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:47 AM Edited by NikolaiAmethyst, 06 July 2014 - 11:52 AM.

@socrates75 - It's at the airport in gta 3, so i don't know if it matters as much in regards to anything special in v, (i just looked up the specifics because hell if i remember, i played 3 when i was about 13 and it's the francis international airport). I always presumed the one on the chicken's head was a reference to that one in number 3.

@sandeman83 - The glyphs have always been a source of confusion for me, i've just backed slowly away from them and tried following in what everyone else has been saying  :blink:

A quick search found another one in iv!  600px-CCBuilding-GTAIV-StatueCappedTraff

• AgentGTAVI and CanOdope like this

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:08 PM Edited by EramVerdes, 06 July 2014 - 12:09 PM.

The cone, I believe (and it was mentioned before), it's an EE to the Duke of Wellington statue at Glasgow irl

http://www.bbc.com/n...w-west-24907190

14b_1213.jpg

When removed, It's always quickly back in :D

• AgentGTAVI, dtsmucker, dAfTpUnK2010 and 2 others like this

liquid1912
  • liquid1912

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

The Pylon hat statue was also in GTA 3 by the airport.

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

The Pylon hat statue was also in GTA 3 by the airport.

I said that above :p

TH3 ONE
  • TH3 ONE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

God how toss were the graphics in gta 3 haha

I swear since this thread was moved here its been dead, has anyone got any new theories to be tried or anything? Getting awfully boring now...

@liquid they are cones...not pylons

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

God how toss were the graphics in gta 3 haha

I swear since this thread was moved here its been dead, has anyone got any new theories to be tried or anything? Getting awfully boring now...

@liquid they are cones...not pylons

Pylons.....not cones....cones are for ice cream ;)

• liquid1912 and TH3 ONE like this

walffles123
  • walffles123

Master of Breakfast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

I figured it out!

The Simpsons Hit and Run (Buzz Cola)

Spoiler

GTA V (Glyph)

Spoiler

Notice the similarities?

Side note: Hit and Run features aliens that introduce a "new and improved" mindcontrolling Buzz Cola. Hit and Run also features gameplay inspired by GTA III. This Buzz Cola only features in Hit and Run.

Useful Links:

/sarcasm

TH3 ONE
  • TH3 ONE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Haha walffles you know what there could be some truth in that...
Do 3 'squiggles' over the eye kind of picture, actually mean something?

Hit and run was very GTA, unfortunately from what I remember there wasn't a mural in Simpsons lol

In the Simpsons you can get abducted as well, the tractor beam of the UFO sucks your car up, maybe all this is just a nod to matt groening ha

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

New World Samurai

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

The cone, I believe (and it was mentioned before), it's an EE to the Duke of Wellington statue at Glasgow irl

http://www.bbc.com/n...w-west-24907190

When removed, It's always quickly back in :D

Thanks for putting that back up. I was trying to remember where I saw that before.

• Eram likes this

themutedtrumpet
  • themutedtrumpet

There is no band

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

Since it's so quiet in here, could I just ask where everyone stands on the epsilon tract?

I have always had the feeling that there was something to this. The epsilon missions and the search for the tracts is undoubtedly one of the most laborious and unrewarding sections of the game. It doesn't seem right that the only 'prize' you attain for this is a wall of text which is, at best, mildly amusing.

The problem seems to be that whenever anyone has spoken about it on here (or anywhere else) it always takes the same esoteric, incoherent form of the epsilonists themselves. My own personal opinion is that the 'metaphors' should be ignored or else taken literally (although I know many people have searched for the 'egg in the lake' to no avail). But I still believe there may be clues hidden within it, in what way I don't know. I would be interested to hear everyone else's thoughts and ideas on this matter.
  • CanOdope likes this

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

So it appears the hunt is now over. Seems like everybody gave up and went home, not just here but also at the other main forums following the hunt. If theres anything we missed then i think its time R* threw us a bone, because the whole buzz around the mystery seems pretty much dead at this point.

Not that it helped matters much with the mods here throwing our collected findings to the wind...ahem!
  • dAfTpUnK2010 and CanOdope like this

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

So it appears the hunt is now over. Seems like everybody gave up and went home, not just here but also at the other main forums following the hunt. If theres anything we missed then i think its time R* threw us a bone, because the whole buzz around the mystery seems pretty much dead at this point.

Not that it helped matters much with the mods here throwing our collected findings to the wind...ahem!

It's hard to keep it alive when nobody seems interested in doing anything other than arguing and throwing in strange and sometimes overly confusing suggestions that they haven't tried themselves, or you know, when dog_bread decides this is the right time to say he's the next messiah. Then there's the big headed and the overly confident in the fact that it's all a very confusing sub plot to a plot to a mystery. The metaphor within the metaphor. My partner is currently following the grand senora glyph, because she's as interested as the rest of us are, or rather, were, and i can't seem to get a straight answer for what it could mean.

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'm sure most of us are still looking/lurking around, in-game and here.  It's only a matter of time before something gets found, large or small.........or someone connects the dots to something, brings it here and looks for some additional eyes/thoughts about it.

I'm slowly working on a few things and if they seem less ridiculous than some of my other alien heads in the lig.....speculations, I'll share with the group.  Make sure your caps locks are on though, cus if you're gonna call me delusional or crazy at least have the forethought to yell/scream it, for realism.

I say this with the utmost sincerity, you haven't posted anything delusional in comparison to some of the others.
I like your posts.

Does anyone know if anything new was added in with the 1.15 update?
  • Fran_Halen, CanOdope and auntjeff like this

liquid1912
  • liquid1912

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

December, 12 2012. Set you Clocks back and enter the game. That might have a slim chance of working. That date was before the release of GTA V, and could be another one of the many  reasons nobody has found jack. Has anyone really gone back in time? In the sense that you changed your console clock back manually. I mean there are 1 or 2 Back to the future references. Maybe it's not even that date, could be a different one, but this seems it could be legit.

Stridiee
  • Stridiee

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:20 PM Edited by Stridiee, 07 July 2014 - 11:24 PM.

In my spare time Ive been mostly searching the sea ( sea water ) lately . Going on the theory that the egg is in a room that's moving ive been playing " Hunt for Red October ". But its soooo boring. There's only so many times you can hum to yourself " we all live in a yellow submarine ".

BUT I think I have found a new trigger totally by accident.

After a death match online. I was spawned in Omega's caravan park. So while I was there Id thought id just wander around and ear wig on conversations, take some photos. Then I thought id go and get my brand new Liberator and take some pictures of it there.

It was when I was driving it into the caravan park that a red circle appeared and I triggered a Gang attack. It was against 30 FIB agents. After I cleared it ( I died once ) everything went back to normal. But there was no green tick on my map ( which you get once you've cleared a gang attack ). And there was no red circle before hand showing up as gang attack. It was only once I drove into the caravan park it appeared.

If this is new, then I need someone to confirm it for me / us.

If its old news, then your find me out at sea ( just follow them humming )..

( On a side note the word  " Fib " means a lie to us Londoners )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users