Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Mystery Topic

2,896 replies to this topic

Poll: Involvement Poll (194 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your current level of involvement with the GTA V Mystery Hunt thread?

1. Actively hunting/participating (23 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

2. Actively hunting, not posting due to no relevant/new finds (30 votes [15.46%])

Percentage of vote: 15.46%

3. Actively participating in thread, no longer hunting (10 votes [5.15%])

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

4. Waiting for CG release (36 votes [18.56%])

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

5. Lurker (95 votes [48.97%])

Percentage of vote: 48.97%

Should both last- and next-gen mysteries/secrets/etc be posted in this thread, or should we continue to keep them seperate?

1. Let's keep ALL mysteries in this thread. (15 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Let's use this thread for old-gen mysteries, and use a seperate thread for next-gen mysteries; i.e. as it is the case now (15 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
icey701
  • icey701

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

So i was watching the trailer for san andreas flight school and i realized the hangar in fort zancudo is open in the video, i can not get it open in game. http://youtu.be/kQOxvY7l0Rs?t=17s

Slate Mc
  • Slate Mc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

So i was watching the trailer for san andreas flight school and i realized the hangar in fort zancudo is open in the video, i can not get it open in game. http://youtu.be/kQOxvY7l0Rs?t=17s

I thought it was always open in Online ?

hoopereatspie
  • hoopereatspie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:39 PM Edited by hoopereatspie, 20 August 2014 - 12:44 PM.

This thread is really interesting and I would like to think that there is a mystery to be solved here. Now I am not even 100% complete in game but I have had a thought - What if the supposed new SP DLC of 'flight school' adds the addition to the game to make the mystery solveable? What I'm trying to say is what if it is not possible to solve it right now as the code isn't in the game yet? I dont pretend to understand how all this stuff works with developers etc but it just seems to me if they are about to add the first piece of SP DLC since launch and it is themed around aviation, well, solve the mystery get a Jetpack!

I'm probably miles behind you lot here so ignore my ramblings if you wish  :lol:

Flight school is multi-player DLC.

Yeah we know that now, we didnt know that before it was released though did we! (When my post was made) All we keep getting told by R* is that SP DLC is coming with new flight school and assassinations! Anyway my point still stands, what was the point in your post? (other than stating the obvious)

Slate Mc
  • Slate Mc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

This thread is really interesting and I would like to think that there is a mystery to be solved here. Now I am not even 100% complete in game but I have had a thought - What if the supposed new SP DLC of 'flight school' adds the addition to the game to make the mystery solveable? What I'm trying to say is what if it is not possible to solve it right now as the code isn't in the game yet? I dont pretend to understand how all this stuff works with developers etc but it just seems to me if they are about to add the first piece of SP DLC since launch and it is themed around aviation, well, solve the mystery get a Jetpack!

I'm probably miles behind you lot here so ignore my ramblings if you wish  :lol:

Flight school is multi-player DLC.

Yeah we know that now, we didnt know that before it was released though did we! (When my post was made) All we keep getting told by R* is that SP DLC is coming with new flight school and assassinations! Anyway my point still stands, what was the point in your post? (other than stating the obvious)

Well just that it was always stated Flight school was for online. We already had a  flight school variant in Single Player. Rockstar never announced any SP DLC with this update is all i am saying.

chilliadas1
  • chilliadas1

the great awakening guy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

@ above I done the same but sent it to Amanda, she replied saying I was barbaric or something similar, I did shoot the deer in the face so she was kinda right :) or just thinking the now, how about starting the hunting mission but leaving and taking pictures of other interesting things to send to our contacts or would the mission just fail for leaving the area?

• strakan7 likes this

The Dark Prince
  • The Dark Prince

Ace of Darkness

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

I just 100% completed the game! So now, there will be UFOs up in the LS skyline? Better check that out :)

D.A.
  • D.A.

METAL GEAR?!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

I just 100% completed the game! So now, there will be UFOs up in the LS skyline? Better check that out :)

Samo iznad F. Zancudo,Mt. Chilliad i Salvation Camp ;D

• The Dark Prince likes this

topbuzz
  • topbuzz

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Albania

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by topbuzz, 20 August 2014 - 04:41 PM.

@ above I done the same but sent it to Amanda, she replied saying I was barbaric or something similar, I did shoot the deer in the face so she was kinda right :) or just thinking the now, how about starting the hunting mission but leaving and taking pictures of other interesting things to send to our contacts or would the mission just fail for leaving the area?

Yeah, tried that but option to send image only appears when you take a picture of dead mammal. However, maybe there is something special hidden... In hunting you can pretty much explore everywhere - I went o the altruist camp.
  • chilliadas1 likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:42 AM Edited by CanOdope, 21 August 2014 - 02:43 AM.

It seems we're losing interest again... falling to page 2.

Rockstar should've incorporated this mechanic into the mystery. It could've worked something like this:

You find something that seems to relate to the mystery, snap a photo, then you can send it to either Lester, Omega, or possibly even Cris. Depending on the "clue", and who you send it to, they'll respond with useful info regarding that clue. Maybe an explanation, maybe a next step... The possibilities are endless.

chilliadas1
  • chilliadas1

the great awakening guy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

this mystery has me losing sleep at night

chilliadas1
  • chilliadas1

the great awakening guy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

this mystery has me losing sleep at night

taking a computer game to bed with me,it just aint right

first there was the mural at the top of the mound

then a car on a red dot

and a gold path that leads round,

glyphs and then symbols, you f**king name it

a message telling me that my "path has been lit"

what does it all mean, what the f**k should i do

this mystery is a year old and i still have no clue :(

• Clocktower, Darthwill, CanOdope and 1 other like this

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

BUSTED!! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

@chilliadas1 Great poem I like it. :) 

But as for myself, I'm going to be very busy these next couple of weeks so unfortunately I won't be on these forums much or EE Hunting and Theory testing as well. So I guess everyone will be waiting. Sorry about that guys and I'll get back on top of things in September. 

Btw liquid has alot to show you guys with his compilation on clues from every pic and area. I'm sure that everything should be booming soon with wealth of knowledge on all this and testing. I hope we can get this mystery solved soon before The new GTA V releases. If it hasn't been delayed til 2015 as some say. But we'll get it solved sooner or later. I hope sooner. But anyways take care guys and hope you have a great life when I come back. Peace and Kifflom. :)

• auntjeff likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

We're getting closer guys. I can FEEL IT.
  • auntjeff likes this

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Huh...what? :*(

Hey! Keep your hands to yourself! :angry:

• ParanoiaX, CanOdope and auntjeff like this

Slate Mc
  • Slate Mc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

I so wish you right Polaris, and I do love your positivity, but we have been saying that since Septemer 2013 sadly. Still, I hope you are correct and we do get a break. Let's face it ...it's almost a year now and we deserve one !

• CanOdope and auntjeff like this

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:13 PM Edited by ionsife, 22 August 2014 - 07:30 PM.

first post guys. ive read this whole thread and wanna give my two cents about the mural based on what ive seen. each x has a certain amount of wear and tear. who knows what the xs represent but what if that shows the order? also theres a bunch of lines on the bottom of the map. if you cut the map in half vertically the lines are drawn differently on each side. one side is thin and pointed the other is...well,not. even the sides of the mountain itself seem to be drawn differently i havent seen much discussion about the actual murals design and i think its possible if not very likely this is relevant. again,i dont know where to go with this but i thought it would help. i have a 100% save and unlimited time if anyone needs help.
also if that glyph at the top is a ufo why does the thing at the bottom look more like a ufo than the glyph,also a good note it looks like its beaming or abducting something. again,dont know where to go with this just thought you guys could put it to use
one more note, the mural seems worn down in the exact opposite way id expect from something exposed to the elements. the right half of the mural which is next to a doorway to the outside is in better shape than the left half. youd think itd be reversed right?and those doors that lead to nowhere next to it? who says that means the jetpack isnt there? you could walk in and it could put you in a room. like a screen fades to black and comes back and youve entered the room thpe thing? i know i know horrible wording. if any of this can be shot down and disproven feel free

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

a few things ive done that may have nothing to do with anything if anyone gets ideas
-shooting all the lights at the altruist camp
-killing everyone at the altruist camp
-destroying every possible object at the altruist camp
-killing them from that batstone
nothing happened when i did these. i did them as trevor with a one hundred percent save as well.

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by auntjeff, 01 October 2014 - 07:26 AM.

• CanOdope likes this

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

sifting through 650 plus pages is a ton and this seems to be where thefew dedicated remaining hunters seemed to be so i figured id give them my thoughts since like it was said earlier in the thread,people could know key information and not be saying anything.not that i think my info is key,just potentially useful

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

@ionsife Most of what you're saying has already been discussed, but don't let that stop you from sharing your thoughts. However, if you have the time, it would be a good idea to at least skim over the old mystery threads, as well as the file thread (and if you're interested in deeper meaning stuff, check that thread as well). The fact is, we need more fresh perspectives. Yes, we're getting tired of repeating the same things over and over again, but who knows, maybe we missed something. I've also made a separate forum which serves more as an archive of what we know.
  • EramVerdes and auntjeff like this

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

im on page 8 of the 600 page thread. so far its not really anything of use. just trying to point out things i believe most people have overlooked. even if this mural isnt the key to a jetpack it is SOMETHING and its something we havent figured out. i would love to get my hands on as much direct factual info and debunked theories as i can so i can start figuring out how much of what i posted is useful. i know that he first page has that stuff but its not exactly what i need. has anyone figured out the purpose of the lighthouse or its weird behaviour?has anyone confirmed who that mountain face is?ive heard its michael,fromage even aaron paul!( yeah right).again,yeah this is all probably written somewhere but finding it sixhundred pages is a bit daunting. also ive always thought it was weird that nobody involved in gta v has said anything about this. if i was involved in making the map or anything i doubt id be able to resist at least dropping some hints to a friend and then letting it spread.
sorry about the relative lack of organisation to my post, i write how i think;all over the place

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by auntjeff, 01 October 2014 - 07:25 AM.

• CanOdope likes this

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by ionsife, 23 August 2014 - 01:12 AM.

from what i understand you can aim it and point the light at things. is this no the case ? i have not done this myself yet,probably should have. and that makes alot of sense but there isnt really anything else in the game that behaves like that though. why just a lighthouse light?
the light house isnt like some insignificant siren or anything, its a landmark wouldnt it be kind of important(to the sense of realism rockstar wants ). to keep it spinning?

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

another observation of mine that ive never seen mentioned (not that it hasnt),quite a few of the lines on the mural look like theyve been gone over multiple times,they look bolder. im sure someones noticed this but it could be something as well.

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by auntjeff, 01 October 2014 - 07:25 AM.

• EramVerdes and CanOdope like this

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

i definately will. now that i think about it there isnt really anything around the lighthouse to point it at. damn.
is there anything anywhere that has everything r* has said about this topic in one place? tickets tweets anything and everything.
  • auntjeff likes this

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:32 AM Edited by auntjeff, 01 October 2014 - 07:25 AM.

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by ionsife, 23 August 2014 - 04:43 AM.

i was asking about the lighthouse to see if it had relevance to the mystery. its likely it does not now
Update: the lighthouse does inded stop spinning off camera. definately just game design.
  • CanOdope likes this

razgriz67
  • razgriz67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

a few things ive done that may have nothing to do with anything if anyone gets ideas
-shooting all the lights at the altruist camp
-killing everyone at the altruist camp
-destroying every possible object at the altruist camp
-killing them from that batstone
nothing happened when i did these. i did them as trevor with a one hundred percent save as well.

If you did this on a 100% save. Then you need to re-do it again. Killing everyone at the Alturist camp is a bit of a secret side mission upon bringing a 4th person to sacrifice.....

ionsife
  • ionsife

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

im aware of this altruist "sidequest" does it actually affect anything though?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users