Photo

GTA V Mystery Topic

297 replies to this topic
CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 3 weeks ago.

OP Originally created by Modified Soul on 24 October 2013

A constantly updated list of ideas past and present. Members can help populate the lists  below by sending me a message of changes or additions (keep it concise). Categories of FOUND, INVESTIGATING and FAILED and then we can start directing people still getting caught up on info that has been debunked to this list

to join the conversation head over to http://gtaforums.com...-chiliad-mural/ and remember to
- refer anyone unfamiliar with this first post back here
- update any new findings or updates to keep this current

FOUND

Mt Chiliad Mural

RLJgfkE.jpg

UFOs

1 Sunken UFO found in the water north of Paleto Bay.

2 Mt Chiliad UFO found after 100% at 3am while raining at the top of Mt Chiliad this UFO is unapproachable as it fades away when the player moves closer, surprisingly while sniper scoping the craft a light is activated from within the craft, this light can also be activated even if you have approached, and the craft has vanished (ghost light)

3 Fort Zancudo UFO found after 100% above the bunker with glowing lights (not quite max altitude) This is visible from the ground with a heavy sniper with the extended scope. Just go to the mountain at the left side of the bunker (standing with face to the elevator) and then look up and zoom in. this UFO is approachable also allowing players to land on top

4 Sandy Shores UFO found after 100% above the Hippie Camp in Sandy Shores (max altitude) this UFO is approachable also allowing players to land on top, once on the UFO some strange happenings can be noticed, for instance, like an elevator ride or "beam me up" action your character will slowly rise in the air when you approach the centre 

5kM5PnO.jpg

Special Edition Map

when viewed with a blacklight certain secrets are revealed

228px-Back_BP.png228px-Front_BP.png

a full break down of the maps meaning can be found here http://www.ign.com/w...int_Map_Secrets

INVESTIGATING

(this will list current investigations but refer to the failed section to see a list of tried items/activities/events)

Character Positioning Players are currently experimenting with theories around character positioning,

Michael at Mt Gordo yoga mat

Franklin at Chiliad lookout

Trever at ????

(or any combination of the above)

these areas are being tested to see if and why characters are possibly staying longer than normal at a certain location when the user switches to one of the other characters.

Altruist Camp Shadow

near sunset the alter within the camp casts a shadow that resembles the figure represented in the Chiliad Mural. whether this holds any importance or not the uncanny resemblance is there for all to see at any point

http://socialclub.ro...mjECSJHN-5AiHjQ

0_0.jpg

Mt Chiliad Glyphs

Glyphs are speculated to correspond to the Mural in the following image when laid over an in game view of the mountain from Paletto Bay (click for enlargement)

sVZHLwH.jpg

​bottom right glyph is under scrutiny as to whether or not the markings above the worn Eye/UFO are actually part of the glyph or coincidental coloring on the rock, if it is part of the glyph then it is the only one with a  symbol above the Eye/UFO 

Speculated References

The Beam me Up/Mountain/RadioTower/Water Tower/Earthquake  Glyph

0Xq6KZt.jpg

Many possibilities for this one

1. implying the climb up the Mount Chiliad path

2. possible likeness to Mt Gordo and its radio tower at the top as mentioned here

http://www.reddit.co...the_hippy_camp/

3. maybe referring to a UFO tractor beam

4. or symbolising a radio tower or signal

5. some have mentioned its likeness to an earthquake which is referenced in the Alimo Sea Tourist site

http://www.reddit.co...a_tourism_site/

6. or referring to the below image found in the Altruist camp

kKmhrNY.jpg

Rain Glyph possibly referring to the UFO requirement to be seen in the rain at Mt Chiliad

Moon Glyph possibly referring to the UFO requirement to be seen at night (3am) at Mt Chiliad

Worn Glyphs as the above glyph's have been found repeated else where in the game it is hoped that more glyph's maybe found to try complete the 2 worn glyph's

Symbol Locations

1. Mt Chiliad

2. Hippie Camp

3. Altruist Camp

a.Inside camp

b.Cave below camp

4. Grapeseed Barn

5. Alimo Sea Tanks

6. ?

Cable Car Station

1. Strange puddle next to mural

2. Strange scratch opposite mural

3. Strange doors next to the mural are an exact match to the doors either side of the station as well as inside the station

Fort Zancudo take over
The search for hidden access to an underground facility, hostile and passive entry has revealed nothing (see failed)
Big Ear Satellite Dish Array

1. FIB agents and scientists are working in and around the Big Ear Array at around 11am daily

2. 1 of the dishes is pointed towards the Fort Zancudo while the others face NE ish

Predator Alien Sounds
Glowing Tree

Certain trees are found to be glowing at night, a group of them can be seen on the hill side in the valley where the research lab is, as well as other locations in game

GLD8naJ.jpg

http://socialclub.ro...DMUyPXnLluF82ag

Epsilon Tracts
Lighthouse Phenomenon

You can stand beneath the lighthouse it will stop turning and then the light will only move when you aim at it with a gun (possibly looking at it is enough)

Hippie Camp

1. Pole shadows during certain times of the day the power poles in the hippie camp line up with the holes on the side of the mini mountain

2. 6EQUJ5 is found in the camp this is a reference to the 1977 WOW signal

3. strange symbols possibly having a yoga connection as all the alien drawings look like they are doing yoga as well as the obvious nasty stuff

Mt Gordo

certain aspects of one of the mounds in the hippie camp align with Mt Gordo, which also bears a resemblance to one of the Glyphs

Lost MC HQ

Strange talent show stage setup with 3 lights Red, Blue, Green shining like spot lights, shooting the lights out does not remove the emitted light from the stage.

Textile City Mural

PvHmUpT.png

translation of the  border text is a suspected miss quote of

"For when the One Great Scorer comes

To mark against your name,

He writes – not that you won or lost

But how you played the Game."

(from the poem "Alumnus Football")

translation of the inner text is

"With men all things are possible, but with women, all things are impossible if you can't stay out of the kitchen."

Suspicious Shack

Locations to follow. This/These shacks are frequented by suspicious agent looking types and scientists for unknown purposes

Tunnels

Doors The tunnel linking Paletto Bay and the Alimo Sea contains 2 doors as featured here at www.chiliadmystery.com (a website created by an unknown entity)

Grates members have tried using explosives and even the tow truck to remove these large grates from the storm tunnels on the side of Mt Chiliad

FAILED

Interacting with the UFOs

1. Landing on the UFOs Players have landed on the Fort and Sandy Shores UFOs with no success of gaining entry

2. Pressing Y attempted on the 2 approachable UFOs which when done provides the motion of trying and quickly  followed by the player being propelled away

3. Parachuting directly under the Sandy Shores beam of light (with and without the moon gravity cheat) 

Overlays

To date no overlay other than the NW Mt Chiliad Glyph

Strange Sound in Ocean

deemed fake due to conflicting description and video "Radio making strange noises" video shows Michael not driving so radio would not be on

http://gtaforums.com...gnals-in-ocean/

Space Docker

1. Taking the vehicle to the top of the Mountain during the UFO reveal

2. Using the horn to interact with all 3 UFOs

3. Using the CargoBob to take the Space Docker up to the UFOs and trying to honk at them (2nd character inside the space Docker)

Kiflom donation fax number

does nothing

Fort Zancudo take over

1. accessing the base during one of the hunting missions allows the player to enter the camp with out alarming the police or military, while in the base during this state no beneficial changes to the base has been noted ie elevators are still not working

2. Parachuting in and landing on the elevator shaft bunker below the UFO and not tripping the alarms still did not activate the -1 elevator

Tunnels

Doors Explosives, zapping, the Space Docker horn, dialing 6EQUJ5 on phone, as well as being here at 3am during a storm have yielded no results

Grates members have tried using explosives and even the tow truck to remove these large grates from the storm tunnels on the side of Mt Chiliad

Barn in Grapeseed

Strange barn with something inside it has been revealed as this

RiFzASX.jpg

http://socialclub.ro...IDEKDsGNY67oRDA

Textile City Mural

multiple filters

VduDn9G.jpg

ftaWzey.jpg

lcvS8t7.jpg

Cheat Code

Translating the GTA SA cheat code for a Jetpack turns out to be the GTA V Skyfall code

Lost MC HQ

Assembling the 3 characters at the stage has yet to reveal any thing of value

This is the mystery hunt. What is the "mystery" about? Well, the main reason most people come here is because they saw a mural on Mt. Chiliad. What was depicted in this mural that sparked their interest? An egg, a UFO, and (you guessed it) a stick figure that closely resembles a man with a jetpack.

Conclusion:

Cult recruiting = OFF TOPIC

Jetpack = ON TOPIC

FWIW, I do not think there is an actual jetpack in-game at this point in time.

The original topic is archived HERE.

• ParanoiaX, Ungreth, Macontheweb007 and 3 others like this

Euthanasiaa
  • Euthanasiaa

God

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Euthanasiaa, 4 weeks ago.

THIS is worth haveing a check, as i said for about 100 pages ago in the old thread.

Read this then watch the symbol. look familier ? http://en.wikipedia....eligious_group)

heavgate.jpg

its says ''On March 19–20, 1997, Marshall Applewhite taped himself speaking of mass suicide and asserted "it was the only way to evacuate this Earth." After claiming that a spacecraft was trailing the comet Hale–Bopp'' 

AND if you look at the game Data ther is a Comet/astroid (prop_asteroid.xdr)in the CODE! which is kinda spot on when it comes to this.

what if we need to commit suicide somewhere at the right moment ?

it all took place in Los Angeles. -> Los Santos.

what do you guys think ?

• strakan7 likes this

Rich Heard
  • Rich Heard

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Rich Heard, 3 weeks ago.

---
  • Macontheweb007 and auntjeff like this

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Moistboyz-The Paperboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

@euthanasiaa

What's the symbol?  Is this a movie or documentary or are you saying to look at the gate logo?  I went and found your old posts but i'm pretty sure sacrifice and suicide have been tried multiple times at the locations you mentioned in multiple weather, time and moon phases.   What is it you're suggesting to do beyond these locations you mentioned before?  Did you have a specific place besides Altruist Camp, Chiliad or the Hippy Mound?  There are a bunch of interesting alternatives for locations, where were you thinking we should try?  Have you tried anywhere, so that if we do try we can cross off stuff as not to repeat locations?  

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

Ex 'Really Famous Games Dev Company' Employee

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Has anybody tried taking the space hogger to MT chiliad and honking the horn. It has the special horn. 

• Kecin and dAfTpUnK2010 like this

Masiah
  • Masiah

I AM GOD BITCH!!

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

i found this weird house just under thelos santos customes behind chiliad towards san andreas it has alot of radio towers around it and on the house is a bunch of chairs and it has a sign that says walcome with an alien face just curious if u all knew ill post pics if u would like

• Kecin likes this

liquid1912
  • liquid1912

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I wonder if a UFO expert can give us some insight...I mean, it sounds batsh*t crazy but what if the set up in GTA V(for UFO activity/mystery) is recreation of a similar UFO event IRL?..........Nah!......right?

Deviant.
  • Deviant.

Eating all the chickens

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Like the infamous 1952 UFO sighting when a man reported seeing a UFO on top of a mountain at 3 in the morning while it was raining... and with 100% completion?

• SCOOBASTEEB, dAfTpUnK2010, paulmgrath and 2 others like this

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Happy WORLD UFO DAY fellow GTAF members! :D

http://en.wikipedia....i/World_UFO_Day | http://www.worldufoday.com/

• Wanderer800 likes this

djhans
  • djhans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by djhans, 4 weeks ago.

I was driving with Michael near the race track during a storm and for about a second everything want black and white as though I'd directly been stuck by lightening. Probably just a glitch but quite cool nevertheless.

Unrelated to this, I've just noticed that at the entrance to the train tunnel by the sawmill in Paleto Bay there are two supports at the stone wall that have rather interesting designs. I can make out a foxes head and an impish looking creature. Very weird. I don't remember this being reported so take a look if you're interested.
  • ParanoiaX likes this

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Moistboyz-The Paperboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

5dzrHdx.jpg

trevors toe nail
  • trevors toe nail

Hustler

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by trevors toe nail, 4 weeks ago.

I found an even stranger light anomaly its at the place where you get the buzzard on the roof (forgot its name) well in front of the building the is a sort of fountain it has water in it ,if you wait till night time and look in this water you will see a grate light show (you have to face in the direction of sandy shores ) I posted this a while ago and got no feed back as to what it could be but its worth a look anyway.edit: this was before any patches BTW as my comp has none installed .

Inb4DDoS
  • Inb4DDoS

Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Inb4DDoS, 4 weeks ago.

I found an even stranger light anomaly its at the place where you get the buzzard on the roof (forgot its name) well in front of the building the is a sort of fountain it has water in it ,if you wait till night time and look in this water you will see a grate light show (you have to face in the direction of sandy shores ) I posted this a while ago and got no feed back as to what it could be but its worth a look anyway.

Could you post a picture?
My PS3 is currently unavailable.

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Moistboyz-The Paperboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

People have been all up in that Clucking Bell place.  There does not appear to be anything inside or below.

• Fran_Halen and Lousk like this

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Gamer

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I know everyone is enjoying the new update as I surely am. Now one thing that I noticed on here, Reddit, Youtube is that nothing popped up about the Jetpack Code in 1.15. I know 1.14 had it hidden or removed. But as speculation with Independence Day film will the Jetpack be found? Also in 2015/2016 Independence Day 2 is planned. So anything regarding 1.15 yet?

liquid1912
  • liquid1912

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I know everyone is enjoying the new update as I surely am. Now one thing that I noticed on here, Reddit, Youtube is that nothing popped up about the Jetpack Code in 1.15. I know 1.14 had it hidden or removed. But as speculation with Independence Day film will the Jetpack be found? Also in 2015/2016 Independence Day 2 is planned. So anything regarding 1.15 yet?

If there is any info regarding that kinda stuff, it will be here. http://www.se7ensins...eft-auto-v.407/

The Wolfman
  • The Wolfman

I smoke cause it gives me knowledge

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

has anyone covered the coyote man yet? If you guys watch GTA myth hunters you would know that boss2010gangsta made a video about the coyote man by hearing a request someone encountered, he even had a picture from that person which might be fake, but slightly looks real, Apparently it's mostly encountered on a small bridge by Mount Chilliad.

TirkaneX
  • TirkaneX

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

This picture has been sent here some month ago. A fake. It was a picture with the bigfoot and a normal coyote running behind. Use the search function.

• EramVerdes and dAfTpUnK2010 like this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Trick

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

hey wolfman, would you happen to know if that was on a full moon? Has the theory of werewolves come up yet?

Im testing now on a much earlier save...taking chop for a walk to this spot to see if its as strange or if its a bug. Defo a weird noise but it could have been 'deer suicide' jumping off that rock.

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Breaking News!! Regarding the Full Moon Party. This only happens on a 100% Save as I have recently tried it with my 85% save.

The Full Moon Party must be a step to the mystery or why won't the discussion show up? It doesn't on a save below 100%. Tested and approved. So does this really mean a new step in the mystery? If R* really did hide triggers on certain times of the month then this Moon Party should be focused on more. :)

Btw Thanx Liquid. :)
  • strakan7 and djhans like this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

@palenta hologram ufo? do you have exact location?
  • Dooma1090 likes this

shoky
  • shoky

Peon

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

@palenta hologram ufo? do you have exact location?

hs on good kush don't waste your time
  • dAfTpUnK2010 and paulmgrath like this

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by socrates75, 4 weeks ago.

2 things i wanted to add to the search, 1 i already posted this awhile back but new people might have a new view ion it, there's a building right next to a hospital with a giant M with a lightning bolt in it above the door, heres the pic

http://socialclub.ro...GUkerVwkSloA22Q

Right next door to that is the half faded sun advertisement that kind of looks like the half faded sun at the altruists camp

http://socialclub.ro...zrUKEhjcrWLZD6A

Then there's the garbage cans with the bloody 8 painted on the sides,i know of 3 different spots where you can find them but only have the one pic

http://socialclub.ro...OAkmbLftwEe0lNQ

And then the other 2 spots are at the rock query,2 are beside the train switch building, (tiny litte building with stairs on the left) and then if you go further injto the query you will find a metal shack with 2 more garbage cans (on a side not this metal shack you can walk through the walls on the front and back but not the sides,my thoughts on the garbage cans are that there might be body's in them cause i haven't been able to get the lids off and it is a bitch to get them to tip over without using a car.....anyways just throwing it out there......oh and those wolves and that eagle sitting on the cliff facing east still seems important.

EDIT

Also the locations of all these garbage cans line up going from west to east in an almost straight line, so if anyone else finds anymore let me know please so i can see if they all line up

strakan7
  • strakan7

Trick

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

@socrates - the trailer on a hill next to sandy shores airfield, the dirt road with a loop in it. There are 2 bins there with 8's on em.

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

@socrates - the trailer on a hill next to sandy shores airfield, the dirt road with a loop in it. There are 2 bins there with 8's on em.

Are you talking about this one

http://socialclub.ro...OAkmbLftwEe0lNQ

If so then ya i posted that above, if im wrong then i will check it out either way, thanks :)

• strakan7 likes this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Trick

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

my bad, i was. Ill keep looking though!

shoky
  • shoky

Peon

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm starting to think a bit more about how we should possibly consider the mural as something not finished....erm...that's probably the wrong way to put it.  What do you guys think about the boxes all being the same size?  The ufo/altruist symbol (if you flip it), egg, jetpack.  If we, for instance, forget about x's being glyph markers and take all these boxes, make them all the same size, we have a fill in the boxes thing.  So we have 3 boxes that maybe used to have x's in them at one point but when we find the mural the x's have been replaced by pictures then magnified.  Is there anything that anyone can think of that would maybe go in the other boxes besides any of the glyphs?  I know most of us figure that the glyphs go in the boxes but what if only the rain/3am glyph goes in one of the boxes and the rest are something else, similar to the ufo/altruist, egg and jetpack?

I don't know, just a thinking out loud type thing kind of.  I thought maybe it would sound stupid if I typed then re-read it and would just delete it but maybe it's something to consider....I probably should have used the search but ....yeah.
Dumb?  So what else could make sense in what we've seen/found and maybe go in a box or two?

edit: spilling

those are not X's! !!!!!!'''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darthwill
  • Darthwill

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

The mural does seem unfinished and sloppy though. Well if you put it like a Cave Drawing or as someone like the Altruist Drew it then it makes since. I know that if Aliens Drew it, It'll be perfect and so different looking. I know this by alot of of Alien documentaries and History channel stuff, Ancient Aliens and so on. 

@auntjeff Yea had seen that online as well and so are the glyphs but not Ufo's or the Ufo above Mt Chiliad. If anyone can stay on GTA Online and play when it rains at 3AM which would be really rare then I'll believe that the mystery is for online. R* put them in Online because they were there before Online came out and R* didn't want to bother taking that out or changing it. Besides all the graffiti stays too. It's part of the Game world as well as the mural. I know how to make games and there is alot of game documentaries out there as well telling how the game is made.

I live and breath Gaming. Heavy Research, Videos, Rumors and so much more. Been this way since 1998. :D

Kecin
  • Kecin

Hello Scully!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 3 weeks ago

Breaking News!! Regarding the Full Moon Party. This only happens on a 100% Save as I have recently tried it with my 85% save.

The Full Moon Party must be a step to the mystery or why won't the discussion show up? It doesn't on a save below 100%. Tested and approved. So does this really mean a new step in the mystery? If R* really did hide triggers on certain times of the month then this Moon Party should be focused on more. :)

Btw Thanx Liquid. :)

I'm going to check this one out tonight.

(btw, is this a new topic or something?)

auntjeff
  • auntjeff

Moistboyz-The Paperboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I guess stuff got moved around and it's too much trouble to let anyone know about it or why, being as how we're considered crazy, degenerate scum.  The silence about it speaks volumes...we're not worth the time apparently.

• Kecin, Fran_Halen and Lousk like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users