Photo

Guide To Getting Special Crates

31 replies to this topic
Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

I'm glad I gave up farming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:48 AM Edited by gagemb9918, 04 July 2014 - 03:48 AM.

With the Independence Day Weekend here, there are many activities to be done like the Snapmatic Contest, Event Weekend Playlist, and let's not forget - collecting special crates. Now, as you know, special crates contain the usual $5000, 5000RP, a Minigun and a special item (first time collectors receives a Los Santos Belle T-Shirt).

As many of you know, the Special Crate drops are very rare and very hard to get if done the traditional way. With this guide, you'll be able to get a special crate with much more ease.

The first thing you want to do is join a Free Aim lobby. I thought of this after realizing that thise lobbies have little to none players. But, this does make for more intense PvP battles if any occur.

You then want to stay in the lobby until the "Special Crate Drop Inbound" notification appears which is around 10 - 15 game hours after the first notification.

I understand this will be a 20 minute wait so, I suggest making as much money as you can: Sell a Baller, rob stores / armored trucks, deliver cars to Simeon, etc. Just try to avoid player interaction as much as possible or you may have a tail on you throughout the whole session

You will need to gain access to aircraft (preferable a helicopter) follow the "2 hour" notification. This gives you time to locate the aircraft and fly about (mostly peacefully) until you get the "crate drop inbound" notification. This is when you fly to the big green circle marked on the map. I wouldn't suggest entering the area until the crate drops or else it will glitch out and not drop at all.

Next, you'd want to land at least a block away from the crate to give you enough time to ready your weapons to take out the gang members defending the crates and the possible players looking to get the crate, too. Also, be aware of some players that went off the radar.

This is where you collect the crate and high tail it the f*ck out of there in the case of other players. Hope this helped!
  • Andrew1980, chrisscorsese88, Tali vas Normandy and 2 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

Thank you, OP. I've been searching for special crates forever now, this will come in handy. :^:

• Coreyandy5 likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

OP, you are amazing. I found the beer hat thanks to you. 5 stars for your profile. :^: :)

0_0.jpg

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

OP, you are amazing. I found the beer hat thanks to you. 5 stars for your profile. :^: :)
0_0.jpg

• The7thOne likes this

TheKidKid415
  • TheKidKid415

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Will be trying this out now!! Hopefully no players are in free aim lobbied when I join

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

So do you just join random lobbies over and over again until you get the special crate notification???

I'm really good at grabbing them just not finding them.

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

So do you just join random lobbies over and over again until you get the special crate notification???

I'm really good at grabbing them just not finding them.

The suggested thing to do is join a Free Aim lobby and wait until you get a notificated. I guess your idea works too. Also, make sure theres at least 4 people total in the session.

SPDrop
  • SPDrop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

I havent done Satallite Communications but i still have gotten crates, Do I need to do the mission now?

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I havent done Satallite Communications but i still have gotten crates, Do I need to do the mission now?

I'm in the same situation and wondering the same thing.

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

As far as I know, you don't need to.

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hmm. I've been sitting in many session for like 20 minute each and only seeing normal crates (even those are rare)

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Thanks OP for this info! :^:  Not a big fan of going into public sessions all the time, but because I can never get them when I do go in public sessions, this should make getting special crates, and the beer hat a cinch.  :beerhat:

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I think trying Sattelite Communications might work. If anyone has it available please add me on PSN: CamsterV99
  • Oldman_Jenkins likes this

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

I'll try anything, this seems doable.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

So, question on this...

Do there still need to be 4-5 people in the lobby for the crates to drop, because I'm pretty sure that's the case in the auto-aim lobbies...

-Bill

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

So, question on this...

Do there still need to be 4-5 people in the lobby for the crates to drop, because I'm pretty sure that's the case in the auto-aim lobbies...

-Bill

As far as I know, yes... when I did this in Free Aim, there 5-6 people.

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

So after many hours of trying, waiting, resorting to using that so called "glitch" which never worked for me.. I finally snagged myself a genuine legit Beer Hat / Minigun (one time only) stack of cash and some RP.

The situation I was in was perfect for the first special crate pick up I've ever experienced seeing as I haven't seen nor picked up any crates at all.

After completing that mission from Ron "Satellite Communications" thanks to a member of this forum, the crate drops began to show up however they were extremely glitchy as everyone knows.

I think Rockstar hotpatched that mechanic as when the special crate dropped in my lobby, it was literally dropped after the message stated.

I was perched ontop of Maze Bank in a Buzzard, prior to the crate drop inbound message I called Lester and removed my blip, selected a way point and off I went.

3 other people I noticed jumped in a Shamal over in Blaine County so I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting me to swoop down and snag it lol

The lobby which had about 9 people really didn't look like they were paying attention so I guess I just got lucky. Rince and repeat time I think lol

Patience is a virtue.

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

So after many hours of trying, waiting, resorting to using that so called "glitch" which never worked for me.. I finally snagged myself a genuine legit Beer Hat / Minigun (one time only) stack of cash and some RP.

The situation I was in was perfect for the first special crate pick up I've ever experienced seeing as I haven't seen nor picked up any crates at all.

After completing that mission from Ron "Satellite Communications" thanks to a member of this forum, the crate drops began to show up however they were extremely glitchy as everyone knows.

I think Rockstar hotpatched that mechanic as when the special crate dropped in my lobby, it was literally dropped after the message stated.

I was perched ontop of Maze Bank in a Buzzard, prior to the crate drop inbound message I called Lester and removed my blip, selected a way point and off I went.

3 other people I noticed jumped in a Shamal over in Blaine County so I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting me to swoop down and snag it lol

The lobby which had about 9 people really didn't look like they were paying attention so I guess I just got lucky. Rince and repeat time I think lol

Patience is a virtue.

Nice. I never had to do Satellite Communications so I didn't know about it. So my guide helped you then?

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:36 PM Edited by JaegerV2, 06 July 2014 - 08:46 PM.

Worked like a charm =) crates dropping constantly now.

tmp_15229_0_0_17_1588265991.jpg
  • Oldman_Jenkins likes this

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Worked like a charm =) crates dropping constantly now.

tmp_15229_0_0_17_1588265991.jpg

Glad it helped :)

andreuguerra
  • andreuguerra

Rat

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

0_0.jpg

• Tonyduzit and JaegerV2 like this

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

0_0.jpg

Easily the best snapmatic picture I've seen this week, well played.
  • andreuguerra likes this

Tonyduzit
  • Tonyduzit

♛ LXXXIX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:28 AM

I'm currently trying this right now (PS3)

Selected 'free aim' in single player and most of the lobbies I come across online are empty -_-

I believe crates stop dropping midnight tonight and I still haven't grabbed a beer hat/shirt!

Anyone care to help? :D

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

I FINALLY GOT A HAT!!!!!!
THANK YOU MAN!!!!
I had to kill a player over it but thank god for my Vestra or I probably wouldn't have made it

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

I FINALLY GOT A HAT!!!!!!
THANK YOU MAN!!!!
I had to kill a player over it but thank god for my Vestra or I probably wouldn't have made it

Congratz!!

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

*Bump for those who are still looking*

Kraeysean
  • Kraeysean

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Still looking! 

Some idiot glitched the special crate drop, makes my skin crawl watching them waiting in the green circles like idiots..

mrdiamond666
  • mrdiamond666

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Buy kesh kerds, that will fix the green circle glitch...

Still looking! 
Some idiot glitched the special crate drop, makes my skin crawl watching them waiting in the green circles like idiots..

drinkduff
  • drinkduff

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

This is why you pick up crates normally.  And special crates when you don't even need them during normal times.

I only had to pick up the crate 4 times to get everything for two characters.

1st character  Three crates.  1 crate I got 3 hats.  2nd the last hat.  3rd the shirt.

2nd character Two crates.  1 got all 4 hats.  1 for the shirt.

Because somehow it keeps a log of how many special crates you have picked up over time.

YMMV.  Keep hutting and even though the event is over.  Keep going for them.

Ikeblaster
  • Ikeblaster

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Don't you have to do a mission to get crate drops first?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users