• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic
indo_14
  • indo_14

Tryin' to be PROgRamer

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

i had a problem about LogonUI.exe, everytime i startup my PC, after Windows logo show up, there is a message that says LogonUI.exe error 0xc0000142, the only option i have is to terminate the program. before the problem starts, ive been running Elmansy antivirus (sality killer) cause any other antiviruses is too big and i have slow internet. i have searching for solution, i dont have Win7 DVD/CD, so i used the F8 advanced boot menu to repair my computer, but the repair the computer choice is not there, what should i do?

Sorry for my bad english

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

I've read Elmansy was designed to remove the Sality virus, I don't know if it works for others. Your problem might be related to some malware that Elmansy couldn't detect. I'd suggest you get a better antivirus such as MalwareBytes (https://www.malwarebytes.org/) to perform a full scan and clean-up of your computer, and then get the Windows 7 DVD from a friend or family member so you can repair your computer.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Malwarebytes isn't a proper antivirus application. It lacks a heuristic detection engine and is primarily focused on adware and PUP rather than properly bad stuff.

Avast! has a fairly low memory presence and is an actual AV application.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

I know that, but it's good for cleaning an infected computer. I missed that detail, but the point still stands.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

It's not good for cleaning an infected computer unless that computer is filled with advware, bloatware and spyware. If there's a ZeroAccess rootkit that's causing issues with the Windows boot sequence resulting in BSODs, for instance, as it did when the first 64-bit V2 variants were released, then MBAM is less than useless. Which isn't to say that it won't fix a particular issue in this case, but as a general rule it's the wrong tool for the job for dealing with "proper" malware infections and recommending it to people does more harm that good.

Also, you clearly didn't know it as you recommended MBAM as an antivirus application when it isn't one.

indo_14
  • indo_14

Tryin' to be PROgRamer

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

is there any way to edit registry when in boot? maybe i will buy the DVD later

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

You shouldn't need a Windows disk for a repair install but if you do, the disk images for Vista, 7 and 8 are all hosted on Microsoft's website. You just need a valid licence key (that is, if you need to reinstall).

You can usually do a repair install from inside Windows. Start command prompt and enter SFC /scannow.

If that doesn't work you can make a repair disk from inside Windows as long as you can get it to boot.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

It's not good for cleaning an infected computer unless that computer is filled with advware, bloatware and spyware. If there's a ZeroAccess rootkit that's causing issues with the Windows boot sequence resulting in BSODs, for instance, as it did when the first 64-bit V2 variants were released, then MBAM is less than useless. Which isn't to say that it won't fix a particular issue in this case, but as a general rule it's the wrong tool for the job for dealing with "proper" malware infections and recommending it to people does more harm that good.

Also, you clearly didn't know it as you recommended MBAM as an antivirus application when it isn't one.

Sorry, but how do you now the computer was not infected by that kind of malware? And I already said I missed that point, but I know what I said and I stand by it. If you wanted to help, do it, but don't come here and say crap to others that are trying to help as well when you clearly weren't interested in it when the topic was posted.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

I don't know whether or not the computer was infected by malware, but the first port of call should be restoring vital Windows services then tackling a possible infection.

What I can tell you, though, is that MBAM will be next to useless at dealing with any kind of malware capable of subverting the boot process and causing errors in Windows services. That's the behaviour of a file infector or user-mode rootkit, both of which are well outside the remit of MBAM to effectively deal with.

And that's based on the possibly-entirely-false assumption that malware is responsible for the problem in the first place.

I'd advise against throwing a wobbly just because someone flagged advice you gave as useless. The OP is trying to resolve an issue with a corrupt Windows service, not taking advice on what AV application he should be using; even if he were asking for that you've given improper advice. So you can quit it with the "you clearly weren't interested" spiel, as I've given the only advice actually relevant to the question.

Please don't try and lecture people on things you don't understand.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by Stinky12, 08 July 2014 - 07:18 PM.

LoginUI.exe is a Windows system file that is responsible for managing user login before they load into the desktop. If this file is corrupted, then I assume rignt now, you're not able to log into your desktop?

If you cannot log into your desktop, then Repair Computer by pressing F8, let it do it's job and if the automatic does not work. Try going into advanced'open command prompt and run: sfc /scannow

If your built in Windows 7 Repair does not have the advanced options, then grab a Windows 7 stand alone or Windows 7 repair disc, which also has the advanced repair options.  If you do not have a Windows 7 stand alone or Windows 7 repair disc, then on another computer (If you have one) running the same Windows 7 platform as the one with the corrupted LoginUI.exe file, you can create a Windows 7 repair Disc. It should be under Backup and Restore.

Another option you can try is to do a system restore. Try to restore back to a day or 2 before the problem happened. Both Windows 7 stand alone and Windows 7 repair disc, should have that option as well.

Platform = The version your system is running 32bit or 64bit. Windows Edition does not matter.

Windows 7 Repair Disc can only be use to repair computer running Windows 7 and cannot be used to reinstall or perform a clean install of Windows as it does not contain Windows setup files.

To get a Windows 7 stand alone disc for your pre-installed Windows 7, contact your system manufacture.  Some may not have that offer as they only provide Recovery Media. Do not use Recovery Media to perform a repair as all it does is wipe the entire computer and restore back to factory settings.

You may also try Microsoft's Replacment Services

http://support.micro...26246&x=15&y=10

• PresidentKiller likes this

indo_14
  • indo_14

Tryin' to be PROgRamer

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

@stinky12 i told you, the repair the computer option is not there, i think the computer didnt realize that the computer was need to repair, anyway im not using PC, im using laptop, toshiba satellite L510, the point is how to run the restore system (rstui.exe)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

If your laptop has a CD drive you could burn a system restore disk from that. Or burn a Windows disk from the ISOs hosted on the Microsoft website. Boot from CD and you should be cable to perform system restore, plus give you access to command prompt and repair.

If you can get command prompt running on the PC with the issue, try SFC /scannow which is the tool for repairing damaged or missing Windows files. If not you'll have to do it from a repair disk.

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=38435

indo_14
  • indo_14

Tryin' to be PROgRamer

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

sorry for miss information that, i was running elmansy antivirus and the antivirus wasnt finished to scan everything cause there is a folder, IDK its a system folder, and then i close the antivirus, i forgot it was still running in background or not but then i shut down, and till right now, i cant open anything except boot, whatever i choose, safe mode or start normally, it just keep saying that message and gave me one option, OK to terminate

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

You need to boot from a CD as Stinky described

elmansy
  • elmansy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Egypt

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

Hi all , I am Ahmed Elmansy , The developer Of Elmansy anti Sality , and I want to say  somethings about my software ..

First thing : My AntVirus is Against "w32-Sality Virus" Only !  and NoT General Anti Virus suite !
Second thing : My software doesnot affect LogonUI.exe ! and there is no relationship between my app and That file
Last : To solve Your proplem , follow this steps :

1 - copy original LogonUi.exe from any other computer that has the same windows , Copy the files to flash disk then copy it to your Disk
2 - Log in your pc in the safemode
3 - Copy the same file you copied to original file directory
and I suggest you to try ( registry reviver - advanced system care - registry winner ) ..

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Please don't bump dead and long solved technical questions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users