Quantcast

» «
Photo

What aiming mode do you like best? (POLL)

229 replies to this topic

Poll: Aiming Mode (432 member(s) have cast votes)

What aiming mode do you like the most?

1. Free Aim (185 votes [42.82%])

Percentage of vote: 42.82%

2. Traditional GTA (169 votes [39.12%])

Percentage of vote: 39.12%

3. Assisted Aiming (78 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

i got skills, id probably kill you more with either method, but id kill you10x faster with the best method, haha! It is relevant cause this thread is about aiming mode and the controller that youre are using determines which aiming mode is better.  Good accurate controller, free aim is king, sh*tty awkward controller, you want auto aim.  This game is going to be released for the PC and it will be played free aim using keyboard and mouse, if there even is an auto aim it will be exactly opposite of how consoles lobbys are with the auto aim ones being empty with free aim full. Also PCs are better in every possible way and have 3D games and can use eyefinity .  

Skip to 6:40 in the video for the cool part.  The rest you wont understand or care about anyway.

or this one, the tech is not yet perfected and they need monitors with smaller bezels but its still pretty sweet and you pussies crying about a $500 console wouldnt ever be able to afford to do this anyway, lol!  good luck getting your big screen tv to fold around the edges for that immerse effect.

lol your need for validation is pathetic XD

sure kid, your pc is the bestest pc there is and no1 on this planet has the skills to beat you

will that finally shut you up?

• A J and who-dat like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

Plot twist:
Spoiler
  • who-dat likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

Plot twist:

Spoiler

thank god, its rare to find someone on this forum that knows what processors and ram are and doesnt think they lag because rockstar has sh*tty servers, lol

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

Playing freeaim is trying to make the game something it is not. Most the people playing FA do so because they think playing FPS games gives them some kind of skill-up on other players, and claim it is more challenging and think they can aim faster then others.

Orrrrrrrr...

...maybe we play it because we prefer to play the game ourselves rather than have it played for us? :p

• johnwontscore and who-dat like this

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:46 PM Edited by CrazyDog150, 23 September 2014 - 04:47 PM.

What's standard?I mean when you first start GTA V and Online.
Assisted or Traditional?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 23 September 2014 - 05:14 PM.

Plot twist:

Spoiler

thank god, its rare to find someone on this forum that knows what processors and ram are and doesnt think they lag because rockstar has sh*tty servers, lol

wel aren't you just mr superior?

as usual XD

Playing freeaim is trying to make the game something it is not. Most the people playing FA do so because they think playing FPS games gives them some kind of skill-up on other players, and claim it is more challenging and think they can aim faster then others.

Orrrrrrrr...

...maybe we play it because we prefer to play the game ourselves rather than have it played for us? :p

nope, that's not why you do it

this guy knows why every1 plays free-aim even though he obviously doesn't

could make good money with psychic powers like that XD

I always thought I played free aim because I like how it makes things more dynamic and realistic

but luckily we have mr know-it-all here to correct us and show us our true motivations

what were we thinking, we're clearly only interested in showing the world our leet skills XD

• johnwontscore and T0X1C like this

carigun
  • carigun

The Community Arsehole

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

hit and hope, what dose that come under?

• A J likes this

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

definitely free aim :lol: :^:

carigun
  • carigun

The Community Arsehole

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

definitely free aim :lol: :^:

thanks

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

Casual gamur.....konsol fanboyz.......
I'm speechless.

so you can call me a pc fanboy and i cant call you a console fanboy? ok then.

disregarding that, am i wrong anywhere?  no im not, thats why you are speechless and have no counter argument. exactly. thanks.

its 2014, we have 30+meg fiber internet, are you still taking your console to your buddies house to split screen? i sure aint!  did lots in teh early 2000s though when i had 56.6K dialup internet, lol

Lol, he is speachless because of your idiocy, obviously way over your head.

And yes, you are the only fanboy posting in this thread. Posting giant run-on walls of gibberish incoherant text is not helping. I am going back to ignoring your posts, you write nothing of substance, you have no perspective, and lack any ability to have an intelligent discussion. The nonsense you type is a living testament to your lack of education and reasoning.

For the record, the topic is about aiming, you don't need to try to turn every thread you click into a pc fanboy freakshow...
  • ten-a-penny and Zwenkwiel like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:29 AM

k, but like i said, free aiming on the PC is best, no contest.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

I prefer playing the game in free aim.

fuckstick
  • fuckstick

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Sweden

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

If anyone's interested, there's a petition going on, asking rockstar to add First Person View - camera mode to the next-gen and PC version of GTA V

https://secure.avaaz...Xbox_ONE_and_PC

Sign it and spread it if you're interested :)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 24 September 2014 - 02:23 PM.

just had to get the last word in, didn't ya?

oh and no it's not, care to have an argument about it? 

XD

also about the first person thing

just saw this video on gametrailers about how they posted something about it on the newswire but than quickly removed it

some1 asked what new features they could expect and R* replied with info about a new 1st person camera in vehicles and on foot with detailed interiors and working speedo's and everything 

they quickly pulled it down though

so no telling how definitive it all is.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

If anyone's interested, there's a petition going on, asking rockstar to add First Person View - camera mode to the next-gen and PC version of GTA V

Its already confirmed by Rockstar that there would be FP mode in driving AND on-foot.....

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that freeaim lobbies are not dead. Majority vote in the poll (which is large enough to be an accurate sample population) and I can confirm that they're mostly full. Silly myth, really.

The Amazing Warrener
  • The Amazing Warrener

Noli timere messorem

• Members
  • Georgia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Its already confirmed by Rockstar that there would be FP mode in driving AND on-foot.....

WHAT? Where?

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

WHAT? Where?

http://gtaforums.com...-car-confirmed/

• ten-a-penny likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:13 AM

just had to get the last word in, didn't ya?

oh and no it's not, care to have an argument about it? 

XD

Sure, ive posted my side, and ive not yet seen anything countering my all valid and proven/provable points, so i would indeed love to hear what you so incorrectly think about on the subject.  PC is vastly superior for FPS games and pretty much every game, but like i said, consoles are just as good for certain games, NOT FPS though, and adequate for others being a decent and cheap gaming device.  Does it work? yes, is it in any way better? no, unless you like playing games that dont hardly improve over 8 years and the only reason they can even barely improve is cause they sandbag the first few years, or taking it over to your buddies and playing split screen,but people quit doing that 10 years ago when they got fast internet.

PC=expensive if you dont have a job, better hardware, upgradable, any controller type you can imagine, better games every year.

Console=cheap, slower hardware, non upgradable, stuck with it for 6-8 years, lower quality games with very little improvements for 8 years,

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

Plot twist:

Spoiler

wel aren't you just mr superior?

as usual XD

Orrrrrrrr...

nope, that's not why you do it

this guy knows why every1 plays free-aim even though he obviously doesn't

could make good money with psychic powers like that XD

I always thought I played free aim because I like how it makes things more dynamic and realistic

but luckily we have mr know-it-all here to correct us and show us our true motivations

what were we thinking, we're clearly only interested in showing the world our leet skills XD

well he does have a point at least, the game was made for traditional aiming and that becomes quickly apparent when playing the missions.  You can play it using free aim, thats true, but its less fun when doing so against auto aiming NPCs that only need 3 hits to kill you.  i prefer free aim for PVP most definitely in nearly every situation, and PC games dont even have auto aim options cause they have better controls and dont need it, but in a game such as this on a console thats not balanced or optimized and mixes npcs and players its more fun to play using traditional aiming as teh game was designed to be played in my opinion. but if you wanna play free aim and like it better I dont really care and you can play it however you want too.  If its realism youre looking for though, i think youre barking up the wrong tree, lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users